FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 12, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
VirginHarry

He had no MMA skill is what you mean. Hong Man Choi is a pure striker and that is it. He won a bunch of K-1 fights, but there is no place for him in MMA.

I wouldnt say that. Look at CroCop and Mark Hunt, they went straight from K1 and excelled in Pride. Granted, Choi may not be as coordinated and move well as CroCop because of his size, but if he learns to get a decent sprawl and use his reach more he can excel. There have been many pure strikers who made the transition because of training to sprawl. Come on, this guy has made it to the top level of kickboxing, he has to have some athleticism in him. If he works on his grappling more, he could definitely be decent. I don't see him being a champion, but to say he has no place in MMA when guys like Zulu are around makes no sense.
January 12, 2008 @ 04:21 PM
OldeEngri$h

Sumo>MMA>Boxing
January 14, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
James Bond 007

I wouldnt say that. Look at CroCop and Mark Hunt, they went straight from K1 and excelled in Pride. Granted, Choi may not be as coordinated and move well as CroCop because of his size, but if he learns to get a decent sprawl and use his reach more he can excel. There have been many pure strikers who made the transition because of training to sprawl. Come on, this guy has made it to the top level of kickboxing, he has to have some athleticism in him. If he works on his grappling more, he could definitely be decent. I don't see him being a champion, but to say he has no place in MMA when guys like Zulu are around makes no sense.

Well yeah, if he worked on his grappling. I just dont really see him succeeding in MMA when there are blackbelts that can take him down and submit him in the first 3 minutes of any given fight.
Also, Zulu and Butterbean dont really belong in MMA, dont you agree?
January 15, 2008 @ 10:52 AM
ChargedGBH

Well yeah, if he worked on his grappling. I just dont really see him succeeding in MMA when there are blackbelts that can take him down and submit him in the first 3 minutes of any given fight.
Also, Zulu and Butterbean dont really belong in MMA, dont you agree?

I really think you are underestimating how tough it is to take down someone of his stature. If anyone can actually GET him into submission then yeah, game over. Fedor made it look easy because he is fuckin Fedor. I dont think it will be that easy for others.

Zulu and Butterbean are more of hypemen IMO. Same with the olympian wrestler (Name isnt coming to me) who had a few fights in Pride.

Anyone else let down by the next UFC pay per view lineup?
Also, thoughts on Cro Cops next fight? Anyone know when it will be and how hard he is training?
January 15, 2008 @ 03:00 PM
James Bond 007

Zulu and Butterbean are more of hypemen IMO. Same with the olympian wrestler (Name isnt coming to me) who had a few fights in Pride.

I agree with that, they were used for the freak fights.
Was the olympian Mark Coleman possibly?

Anyone else let down by the next UFC pay per view lineup?
Also, thoughts on Cro Cops next fight? Anyone know when it will be and how hard he is training?

Absolutely the next UFC card is shit. Joe Stevenson isnt even in the same league as BJ. And Gonzaga/Werdum? Damn, even sounds boring.

Cro cop's next fight hasnt been announced yet, but supposedly he is training hard as usual. If you didnt already know, he got nose surgery to repair the airway to open up more, because it had closed up a lot. His breathing was something like 20% that of a normal person. But anyway, hes coming back.
January 15, 2008 @ 03:35 PM
ChargedGBH

I agree with that, they were used for the freak fights.
Was the olympian Mark Coleman possibly?

Absolutely the next UFC card is shit. Joe Stevenson isnt even in the same league as BJ. And Gonzaga/Werdum? Damn, even sounds boring.

Cro cop's next fight hasnt been announced yet, but supposedly he is training hard as usual. If you didnt already know, he got nose surgery to repair the airway to open up more, because it had closed up a lot. His breathing was something like 20% that of a normal person. But anyway, hes coming back.

It wasnt Mark Coleman although he is a hypeman aswell, it was Rulon Gardener.
January 15, 2008 @ 04:14 PM
Big_peezy

FEDOR is a big fat pussy IMO
Randy could eat this guy up lol @ fighting these freak shows!razz
January 15, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
Big_peezy

and CROCOP?? who da fuck cares about this punk either!
Hes had too many chances as it is alrdy!

FOREST GRIFFIN FTW!

RAMPAGE vs GRIFFIN
comin up!
who do you got?
January 17, 2008 @ 04:49 PM
James Bond 007

^Honestly, I dont have the interest to reply to those statements.

Seems like a troll
January 19, 2008 @ 07:29 PM
Janavar

Penn is going to destroy Sherk.
January 19, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
Hush

and CROCOP?? who da fuck cares about this punk either!
Hes had too many chances as it is alrdy!

FOREST GRIFFIN FTW!

RAMPAGE vs GRIFFIN
comin up!
who do you got?

Rampage should win, but Griffin has heart so he might manage a close decision 'cause there's no way he's going to knock him out....

But on another note, I still can't fathom how the UFC gave Griffin this opportunity. The guy goes 1 for 3 against real opponents (Shogun, Tito, and Jardine) and somehow manages to get a title shot. The win over Shogun was huge but I personally would have liked to see him win another match against another real opponent (Evans, Machida, Thiago Silva etc) before he got his shot.

Secondly, you seem to know nothing about MMA if you think Randy would destroy Fedor. Granted you can call Fedor a pussy all you want but it doesn't tarnish the fact that Fedor's record against quality heavy weight opponents puts Randy's to shame. The only thing Randy has over Fedor is wrestling, Fedor's got the striking, submissions, and the overall better ground game. Pretty much Fedor is a guy whose never really lost, and to the best of my knowledge has never been knocked down by a kick or punch.

Lastly, the Olympian you guys might be talking about is Ogawa, who fought Yoshida most recently and went 2-2 in Pride.
January 20, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
scfdefinit

^Of course, Forest isn't ready for Rampage yet. But, who else would you pick to face Rampage? There was no one else to fight him before Machida/Sokoudjou and Chuck/Wanderlei. Shogun dismantled Rampage in Pride so a win over Shogun warrants a title shot in some peoples eyes. (Even though Shogun is coming off knee surgery and was out of shape for their fight) Also, Forest vs Rampage will get higher ratings because Forest is pretty popular because of the reality tv show. Most newbies still don't know about Rampage's accomplishments. In fact I hope Forest gets KOed by slam.

Sure, Fedor should win in terms of overall ability but don't count out Randy either. Both fighters are good and anything can happen in MMA.

------

On a side note did anyone watch the fights from UFC 80? Stevenson got tooled by BJ. It wasn't even close. He got dismantled standng up and on the ground. Then he gave up his back and got choked out. How did he even get a title shot anyway? Sure he's been on a tear lately but has he fought anyone decent? Also, Werdum destroyed Gonzaga in the 2nd round. Looks like Gonzaga isn't living up to his hype after knocking out Crocop with that kick. I don't see how people even warrant him as a top 10 HW just because of that though. Crocop looks completely unmotivated as of late. He looks like he just doesn't care anymore. He's supposed to be retired already though, if not for the UFC paying him millions for 6 fights.

In other events

Apparently, the UFC is in talks about acquiring Kid Yamamoto, Hayato Sakurai, and Takanori Gomi. Those would be 3 BIG catches. Personally, I think Kid is too small though the UFC's smallest division is at 155 lbs. He should go to WEC and fight Faber.
January 20, 2008 @ 07:43 PM
Hush

Honestly I prolly would have given it to Jardine before Forrest... 2 for 3 against quality opponents (Chuck, Forrest, and Houston) or Machida (tho still thinks he needs to beat 1 more quality opponent before getting his shot)

I will admit I was pretty unimpressed with both Gonzaga and Werdum, and apparently this fight was supposed to determine the #1 contender for the winner of Sylvia vs Nogeuria (barring Couture's decision to come back). I will say that BJ looked great and should beat Sherk, if UFC manages to get Gomi and Sakurai it should definitely put the the light weight division over the top. Personally I would love to see a Gomi vs Penn rematch.

In the end I'll say this card wasn't bad definitely better then the piece of crap in New Jersey but not as good as UFC 79. On another note has anyone seen the rumored card for the UFC 84 in Canada? It looks stacked, tho they removed the Karo vs Alves match, they apparently replaced it with Okami vs Tanner, and Franklin vs Lutter. Can't wait for tickets to go on sale.

Lastly who do people got in UFC 82?
I say Mir over Lesner, and Nogueira over Sylvia
January 20, 2008 @ 08:10 PM
scfdefinit

Jardine wouldn't be a bad choice but both Rampage and Forest are injured and have a lot of charisma. So they are making them the judges of TUF. A win-win situation really, let them heal up and them put them on a tv show to hype up their fight and introduce people to Rampage. I'd love to see Machida vs Rampage but he isn't well established yet and a lot of people find him to be a boring fighter. Give him Chuck if Chuck isn't scared and then he will have a title shot.

Yeah, I hope the UFC stacks its LW division too, they need more people.

I have the same picks for UFC 82. Mir is more experienced than Lesnar. Lesnar has the athletic ability and a good wrestling background though so if he gets some good training in he has a good chance. But, I still put Mir over him. Nogueira over Tim of course. Randy exposed Tim. Tim only uses his size to win. He really has no good skills at all except for edging over in points and winning by decision.

If Werdum fights Nogueira though the fight will probably be similar to Werdum/Gonzaga. Nogueira is not as good on the ground as Werdum though. Werdum is a jiujitsu champ.
January 21, 2008 @ 05:16 AM
Intriago

Rampage should win, but Griffin has heart so he might manage a close decision 'cause there's no way he's going to knock him out....

I like Griffin and actually had him over Shogun in that first fight, but if Jardine managed to stop Forrest, then Rampage has a great chance of stopping him.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:46 PM
James Bond 007

On a side note did anyone watch the fights from UFC 80? Stevenson got tooled by BJ. It wasn't even close. He got dismantled standng up and on the ground. Then he gave up his back and got choked out. How did he even get a title shot anyway? Sure he's been on a tear lately but has he fought anyone decent? Also, Werdum destroyed Gonzaga in the 2nd round. Looks like Gonzaga isn't living up to his hype after knocking out Crocop with that kick. I don't see how people even warrant him as a top 10 HW just because of that though. Crocop looks completely unmotivated as of late. He looks like he just doesn't care anymore. He's supposed to be retired already though, if not for the UFC paying him millions for 6 fights.

Penn had the fight won since it was announced. Stevenson was completely outmatched, he is no where as good a fighter as BJ.

Gonzaga has been ALL hype since the CC fight.
January 21, 2008 @ 02:57 PM
91w

Damn! I cant believe i missed the UFC event on saturday. I couldve sworn someone told me it was on 25th or 26th..
January 22, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
Hush

now the real question is who would win between a newly motivated Penn vs GSP without the mental issues? As this is the fight that Penn wants most in the world and Dana White promised that he'll get to fight him if he can clean out the lw division (ie. defend title 3 times)
January 22, 2008 @ 04:46 PM
Intriago

UFN tomorrow, some doooope fights.

Nate Diaz- Alvin Robinson could be a great bout.
Nate has had absolutely no favours in his fights since winning TUF.
January 23, 2008 @ 10:28 PM
deftonez99

UFN tomorrow, some doooope fights.

Nate Diaz- Alvin Robinson could be a great bout.
Nate has had absolutely no favours in his fights since winning TUF.

Man, that ufn was pretty wack. The only good fight was my guy Nate Diaz winning by sub.

Rep that 209 bitch!!
January 24, 2008 @ 06:13 AM
Intriago

Man, that ufn was pretty wack. The only good fight was my guy Nate Diaz winning by sub.

Rep that 209 bitch!!

Agreed, I stayed up until 4.30AM for that.

Nate's so slick on the ground, he absolutely dominated a tough opponent in Kid.
I hope Nate learns from his brothers mistakes though, and starts lifting some serious weights.
He can give any one trouble with his BJJ, but I feel he will get overpowered too much against stronger guys like Edgar, Griffin and Guida.
January 27, 2008 @ 02:42 AM
steeveeeen

oooo MMA anyone a fan of "kid" yamamoto :]
February 3, 2008 @ 01:41 AM

Inactive

Big nog pulls through! Brock is gonna be a force once he gets more experience.
February 3, 2008 @ 03:14 AM
scfdefinit

oooo MMA anyone a fan of "kid" yamamoto :]

One of my favorite fighters..

Looks like my predictions were spot on. Mir catching Lesnar in a sub and Nogueira submitting Tim in the later rounds.

Some people will think I'm crazy with the recent Silva nuthuggery but I'm picking Henderson over Anderson Silva in 82.
February 3, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
James Bond 007

lol, Brock got subbed in a minute and a half by Frank Mir.. Frank Mir.
February 3, 2008 @ 05:37 PM
streetsamurai

lol, Brock got subbed in a minute and a half by Frank Mir.. Frank Mir.

Frank is dangerous. He snapped Tim Sylvia arm like a twig.
February 4, 2008 @ 12:22 AM
deftonez99

This has been a great weekend for sports.

A superb ufc card, and the superbowlsmile
February 4, 2008 @ 03:56 PM
James Bond 007

True, but give Brock some credit. He was really close to stopping it, if he didn't hit Mir on the back of the head.

Yeah, that was dumb shit by him, I thought he would get a warning first though..
February 5, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
chopstickthugz

big wins for BIG NOG!!! he sure is a wizard of BJJ... PERIOD! also for Frank Mir's kneebar!
after all i guess it was a big day for BJJ... SKILL OVER POWER or REACH! lol

although both Brock and Tim lost, they shouldn't be ashamed of their loss... i hope to see them in more actions in the future!
February 5, 2008 @ 09:42 AM
HipHopPunk

i agree.

Please login first to reply.