Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 29, 2010 @ 12:28 PM
Scotty

DM everything your saying is true and will agree but what im trying to say without trying to type a story is the way Dana and UFC go about doing it.. I just dont support it! Its awesome they want to make money but they will never pay every fighter what they deserve.. Its awesome where the sport has gone from where it was when the UFC started.. But it seems they want "athletes" not fighters.. Athletes to me in the UFC are guys like GSP(now), Evans, and other who just are going to out wrestle for points and actual fight which will get people to think this isnt cock fighting! All those things are great BUT i just dont like how these guys are so money hungry they do things wrong way in my eyes.. Some people can disagree and some people agree... This ill never stop me from watching it but just my view on how things work now..
June 29, 2010 @ 02:09 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I feels you. Well, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. And sometimes the athletes beat the fighters. :\ But then again, we have some fighters in the UFC too. Shogun is a friggin fighter. And people may not like it, but Brock is a fighter. Carwin is a fighter. BJ is a fighter. Florian is a friggin fighter. The UFC does have fighters, but sometimes the athletes come out on top. But it does seem that they market their athletes more than their fighters.
June 29, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
Gococo

MMA is for losers!!!>sad
June 29, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

June 29, 2010 @ 03:57 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

MMA is for losers!!!>sad

what do you watch? Wrestling?
June 29, 2010 @ 04:37 PM
imtheman

But it does seem that they market their athletes more than their fighters.

I tend to think that the reason they do this is because in most of America's eyes, when you think "fighter" you think "boxer" and an athlete can be anybody who excels in any sport. How often do you hear the boxing arena call a fighter an athlete?? At least in MMA we got guys that have done other things than just "fight". We get to see guys from all disciplines of martial arts and wrestling compete against each other, one stronger than another in some form. It may not please all viewers or the average american, but to those of us who can appreciate grappling for example, its great. I mean to see athletes develop a ground game coming from a straight boxing background, or a wrestler develop strong boxing, it just goes to show how the sport is always evovling because theres always somebody better, somebody waiting to take that belt, it just makes these guys stay focused and change with the sport.

**edit**
and a fighter who just fights, will be just that, a fighter. Easily figured out by the next guy who can fight, grapple, or Judo throw dat ass.
June 29, 2010 @ 05:41 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Hmm, interesting perspective. Thanks for that.

BTW, peep the hype machine. IDGAF....this is genious.

116.ufc.com
June 30, 2010 @ 01:18 AM
Scotty

^ i wouldnt go as far as saying biggest fight in sports history... Cool idea though..

Also if u havent yet, go grab BJ Penn Why i fight, the belt is just an accessory book... I just finished reading it and its a great book.. BJ being my favorite fighter of all time, i learned more about the guy and it made me respect him more.. Also he tells what goes on behind the scenes of the UFC and Dana white... I wonder how Dana felt about it! haha But anyway should go grab it and read, its a good book...
June 30, 2010 @ 03:27 AM
Gococo

no, usually sports that don't involve bad tattoo's, tapout clothing and bad haircuts. I'm gonna go ahead and guess you sport all 3.
June 30, 2010 @ 11:36 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

no, usually sports that don't involve bad tattoo's, tapout clothing and bad haircuts. I'm gonna go ahead and guess you sport all 3.

Lmao. I sport none of the above. I'm a gq man my dude. But I'm gonna go ahead and guess you're a faggot.
June 30, 2010 @ 01:03 PM
Scotty

well lets see, most sports people have shitty tattoos... and most fighters u see dont even have tattoos! Tapout is just a sponsorship they pays the fighters NOT the douchebags that where it outside of mma.. And bad haircuts? Most have there head shaved... So GTFO and go to the supreme thread and hang out.
June 30, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
Scotty

Anyway:

- Keith Jardine gets cut from the UFC and now is seeking other promotions.. This is big for strikeforce to swoop up another big name from the UFC.. Alot of people know who keith jardine is and he could add to the LHW division of strikeforce.. They would be stupid to let him slide away!

- UFC has signed Dong Yi Yong who is an undefeated korean fighter.. Should be interesting to see if he can make the switch easy or not..
June 30, 2010 @ 02:13 PM
undercover.

Carwin by knockout.
June 30, 2010 @ 04:59 PM
Moe911

Carwin is gonna fuck up lesnar and all the lesnar fanboys will come back down to earth. The best HW right now is Ubereem.
June 30, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

www.youtube.com/watch?v=taeyxANHr2g&feature=player_embedded
Joe made me all pumped up lolol
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWQGeoADDFk&feature=player_embedded
1 punch ko power is ready to launch any momment
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtSvyXu0eQ&feature=player_embedded
Let's go Sexyama~ armbar or RNC! dont try to stand up with Leben... cuz he'll fuck u up *Pause

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

June 30, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
jy718

same chopzz i hope akiyama/choo sung-hoon takes out chris leben as well.
June 30, 2010 @ 10:53 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Man, I wish that boy Overeem would come to UFC after he cleans house in Strikeforce.
July 1, 2010 @ 12:07 AM
datxiecray

is shane carwin promoting kitchen nightmares by wearing chef ramsay apparel?
July 1, 2010 @ 03:38 AM
Gococo

wow defensive, you are definately sporting all 3.
July 1, 2010 @ 03:40 AM
Gococo

you just described yourself as GQ, i'm questioning who the faggot is here
July 1, 2010 @ 09:01 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

SMFH who's the faggot coming to MMA thread and saying MMA is lame wtf?

go somewhere else ur comments arent welcomed... i mean at least try to come up with some legitimate reasons why u hate MMA..

"Oh i hate douchebags wearing Afflictions and TapOut gears"-- not all the MMA fans wear that piece of shit and that's motherfucking ignorant comment right there.

MMA goes all the way back in 90s... Fans who are recently getting into MMA associate douchebag gears and MMA because they dont know much and uneducated.

They boo fighters when fight hits the ground. Some dont appreciate the art of grappling and submissions.

well u are a prime example of why MMA has still a long way to go to become a legitimate sport.

*stop making a fool out of yourself and try educate yourself about this complicated combative sports thx

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IBCM8olEQ&feature=player_embedded

July 1, 2010 @ 10:00 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

you just described yourself as GQ, i'm questioning who the faggot is here

Word...you should question your sexuality.
July 1, 2010 @ 02:43 PM
Gococo

don't get your panties in a bunch, are you on your period or something?
July 1, 2010 @ 03:36 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

www.mmator.com/videos-serious-mma-f35/randy-couture-vs-brock-lesnar-full-fight-video-ufc-t3325.html

I'm sure Lesnar has improved since then.....I'm just saying, if Couture, who is much smaller than Lesnar and Carwin, can put up that much of a fight, I'm thinking Carwin can do better. And honestly, I wouldn't use Lesnar's last fight with Mir as a guage to his improvement. I mean, yeah, he looked good....but then again, look how Mir fought him and Carwin. No offense. Just reserving his gas tank and getting KO'd. No trying to sweep. No trying to get full guard. Just laying there. In the clinch with carwin, no trying to get his back off the cage. No take down. Just laying there and conserving energy.

I'm thinking Carwin's gonna surprise Lesnar. Lesnar hasn't fought a big boy with that kind of power before. And he has to cut more weight than Carwin which is going to affect his strength and gas tank. I'm really thinking carwin has this.
July 1, 2010 @ 08:05 PM
Scotty

^ Exactly, couldnt have said it better.. But also there is talk that Brock actually might not have to cut alot of weight since he lost so much when he was ill... So these 2 might walk in around the same weight.. But Carwin has much better stand up and has more to his punch then lesnar! I dont see lesnar try to stand with Carwin, im thinking immediate takedown attempt.. So think Carwin should just try to keep in the center and throw bombs like he always does..

Also i wouldnt mind seeing Carwin as a heavy weight champ, he deserves it.. He busted his ass to get this title shot, worked his way up the ranks to get it, and beat top guys to get this shot.. Also he is a classy dude, he KO's u then will shake your hand afterwards.. I dont know how long he would stay champ but he would be a good champ for the UFC and MMA!

* Came back after i read this.. So Brock told a small reporter that he was going to fight southpaw on saturday.. Southpaw is a wrestling thing because its easier to go for a double leg takedown with a righty.. Carwin now knows that Brock is looking for the takedown early and Brock stated today that he might have messed that plan up... hahaha what a moron
July 3, 2010 @ 12:03 AM
Scotty

Carwin and brock looking the same size at the weigh ins.. Brock looking smaller than he has in his last few weighs ins..

Here are my picks:

MAIN CARD

Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265) * Hoping for a HUGE KO
Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Chris Leben (186) * I wanna say Akiyama but for some reason think Leben TKO
Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205) 8 Dotn care about this fight
Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (156)
Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Brendan Schaub (23cool vs. Chris Tuchscherer (255)
Seth Petruzelli (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (206) *THE KIMBO SLAYER

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
Kendall Grove (184) vs. Goran Reljic (186)
Dave Branch (185) vs. Gerald Harris (185)
Forrest Petz (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (169)
Jon Madsen (254) vs. Karlos Vemola (222)
July 3, 2010 @ 07:19 AM
jy718

it's today let's gooooo. carwin and akiyama ftw.
July 3, 2010 @ 11:56 AM
Scotty

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!

- Remember a few posts back and times before i said ufc are a bunch a fucks and dont pay their fighters the way they should... Well i was just reading my daily mma news and came across the payouts of tonights fight.. Brock Lesnar gets $400K win or lose(he also got this before title) and Carwin gets $40k/$40k!!! This is fucking bullshit and ridiculous! Carwin the number one contender, undefeated, and a pretty damn good highlight reel gets that for pay? Some of these fighters have to stop letting Dana and the UFC bully them around.. Im sorry that shit is just ridiculous!
July 3, 2010 @ 03:45 PM
jy718

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!

- Remember a few posts back and times before i said ufc are a bunch a fucks and dont pay their fighters the way they should... Well i was just reading my daily mma news and came across the payouts of tonights fight.. Brock Lesnar gets $400K win or lose(he also got this before title) and Carwin gets $40k/$40k!!! This is fucking bullshit and ridiculous! Carwin the number one contender, undefeated, and a pretty damn good highlight reel gets that for pay? Some of these fighters have to stop letting Dana and the UFC bully them around.. Im sorry that shit is just ridiculous!

damn that's all he's getting compare to lesnar? smh
July 3, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
Monster Energy

fedor made $400 000 for his loss. its all about drawing a crowd. kimbo probably cleaned elite xc up when he lost, killing the promotion altogether. they pay champions much much more than opponents, unless you are a legend. Remember its a interim belt carwin has, ya its unfair & retarded but cant do much about it now can we. & Lesnar by GnP.

& Sergei Kharitonov vs bigfoot silva - just awesome

Please login first to reply.