300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
October 25, 2007 @ 03:31 PM
Spens.

First of all.... Dana White is fucking up for not signing A. Fedor and B. Gomi. to of the best fighters pound for pound. signing brock widens the market of view its true, but its going to diminish the skills required to compete. i'd like to see lesnar vs. James thompson or whatever the fuck the big dude from pride that had a red mohawk. that would be an ugly ass fight but entertaining nonetheless.

and HOUSTON ALEXSANDER is a fuckin beast. watch out for that dude for real. Kimbo vs. Alexsander would be a great match.
October 25, 2007 @ 06:20 PM
James Bond 007

First of all.... Dana White is fucking up for not signing A. Fedor and B. Gomi. to of the best fighters pound for pound. signing brock widens the market of view its true, but its going to diminish the skills required to compete. i'd like to see lesnar vs. James thompson or whatever the fuck the big dude from pride that had a red mohawk. that would be an ugly ass fight but entertaining nonetheless.

and HOUSTON ALEXSANDER is a fuckin beast. watch out for that dude for real. Kimbo vs. Alexsander would be a great match.

James Thompson was brazilian homie. I think you mean Crazy Horse.

And yeah, Dana needs to keep his fucking mouth closed. He is totally unprofessional when it comes to public speaking.
October 25, 2007 @ 08:43 PM
James Bond 007

James Thompson is from England. And Crazy Horse isn't a HW so him and Lesnar can't fight.

Since when, he fought at HW in Pride

Lol James Thompson LOOKS Brazilian. Good lookin out though

EDIT: I was talking about Heath Herring for clarification
October 26, 2007 @ 12:53 AM
Hush

does anybody know if UFC is going to bring Paulo Filho over from WEC? 'cause he's prolly one of the few middleweights that could go toe to toe with Silva.
October 26, 2007 @ 01:48 AM

Inactive

Krazy Horse
www.pridefc.com/pride2005/index.php?mainpage=fighters&fID=244

This guy is no HW lol

Heath still goes by the name Krazy Horse but i guess you gotta add "The Texas" to it. But yeah, i think ThatDude101 was referring to him.

does anybody know if UFC is going to bring Paulo Filho over from WE? 'cause he's prolly one of the few middleweights that could go toe to toe with Silva.

That would actually be a good/interesting fight. On one hand you have one of the best grapplers in mma going up against one of the best stand up fighters in mma. I'm not quite sure if it'll happen but with Silva destroying basically everyone in the MW division, it's only common sense for them to bring in a guy like Filho in.

Also, Denis Kang is another possibility. I still don't know why he's not in the UFC but then again, the guy is like a superstar over in Korea so maybe he's overwhelmed by that lifestyle. I'd love to see the two of them just trade blows. That shit would be war!!

Silva needs to go up against one of these guys.
October 26, 2007 @ 04:03 AM
Hush

that's definitely true Kang is really underrated and I was really hoping to see him come to UFC. Man middleweight got to be the worst division right now...

Some other possibilities for Silva could be Jeremy Horn and Matt Linland.
October 26, 2007 @ 04:07 AM
Hush

ain't Kimbo like 260 lbs? The match I would love to see is Alexander vs Sokodju (the guy that took out Arona and Nogoueira in like 2 minutes combined)
October 26, 2007 @ 07:49 AM
Intriago

I would quite like to see Lawler - Silva, I fully expect Silva to win, but at least Lawler would be willing to stand and trade.
October 26, 2007 @ 09:31 AM
Big_peezy

WHAT THE FUCK CHUCK AND SHOGUN? WHAT THE FUCK?

It looked like the whole fucking fight that Rua didn't train AT ALL. I bet he thought the fight was a joke and barely did shit. confused

CHUCK's career is over, i repeat over. His time is over, you can tel during the jardine fight. If he continues he will end up a washed up bum who shoulda quit a long time ago a.k.a ken shamrock

Shogun DID train for that fight, that night was beautiful i bet 500 bucks on griffin on 2-1 odds. Got nice blue jordan xiii;s thanks to him.!!! i almost cried when he choked out shogun.

All these Pride guys are pathetic. except for the spyder man silva.

too bad the natural couture is retired, otherwise, and mark my words. Couture woulda ripped Fedor a new (__*__)a sshole
October 26, 2007 @ 11:17 AM
Hush

too bad the natural couture is retired, otherwise, and mark my words. Couture woulda ripped Fedor a new (__*__)a sshole

You're also forgetting Quinton Jackson.... But either way Pride was way more entertaining then UFC. Plus everyone forgets that UFC fighters have the advantage against the Pride fighters at first 'cause of the rule changes and whatnot. Give them a few matches before you call them a bust

BTW according to reports Shogun suffered a torn acl in training for the Forrest fight. Not sure how much that ultimately affected his performance but you have to believe that it did in some way 'cause he wasn't throwing his kicks or knees as often as he usually does in his fight.

How you even see Fedor fight? He would destroy Couture, who as good as he is, is essentially a 1 dimensional fighter with a heart of champion. Fedor's striking and submission is far better and I would say that his ground game is probably just as good. Really who has Couture really beat at Heavyweight that was more mentioning?
October 26, 2007 @ 11:46 AM
Intriago

Griffin was injured aswell, there is no excuses, Shogun got beat badly.

Also, I don't really consider Anderson a "Pride Fighter", he only had five fights there, he also had a close four in Cage Rage.
October 26, 2007 @ 05:22 PM

Inactive

You're also forgetting Quinton Jackson.... But either way Pride was way more entertaining then UFC. Plus everyone forgets that UFC fighters have the advantage against the Pride fighters at first 'cause of the rule changes and whatnot. Give them a few matches before you call them a bust

BTW according to reports Shogun suffered a torn acl in training for the Forrest fight. Not sure how much that ultimately affected his performance but you have to believe that it did in some way 'cause he wasn't throwing his kicks or knees as often as he usually does in his fight.

How you even see Fedor fight? He would destroy Couture, who as good as he is, is essentially a 1 dimensional fighter with a heart of champion. Fedor's striking and submission is far better and I would say that his ground game is probably just as good. Really who has Couture really beat at Heavyweight that was more mentioning?

I'll have to agree. You can't just write off the "Pride" fighters just because they are having a bad showing. Anything can happen in MMA ala Serra/GSP, Cro Cop/Gonzaga, etc. Plus it doesn't help when they have to get accustom to the ruling and style of the UFC. I mean, don't be surprise if Wandy doesn't look as dominate as he is in Pride when he fights Chuck. The guy isn't allowed to bash the opponents head out with his knees and foot on the ground which Wandy is known for doing.

Hush pretty much hit the spot on Fedor/Couture. Fedor's subs and striking are far better. The guy is just that good. Fedor subbed Linland like nothing *I saw the fight over and over, he didn't grab the ropes as the ref made it out to be. Heck, his palms were faced up when the ref knocked his hand off*

As for Shogun, despite the loss to Griffin, I feel that he'll eventually end up with the belt. Hopefully we'll get to see a Shogun/Rampage bout.

I would quite like to see Lawler - Silva, I fully expect Silva to win, but at least Lawler would be willing to stand and trade.

A Lawler/Silva wouldn't be bad at all. Lawler's last few wins has been really impressive. Guys like Trigg and Ninja aren't pushovers. The list is endless regarding a fight with Silva. Kang, Filho, Linland *even though he's not fond of Zuffa*, Lawler, etc that the UFC should contact.
October 26, 2007 @ 06:46 PM
Hush

Griffin was injured aswell, there is no excuses, Shogun got beat badly.

Also, I don't really consider Anderson a "Pride Fighter", he only had five fights there, he also had a close four in Cage Rage.

For sure, there's no doubt that Griffen laid beatdown on Shogun. But I will contend that fighting on a torn acl did not exactly help Shogun's cause. I will tend to agree that Anderson is not really a Pride Fighter, I guess people lump himk in that category cause that's were he made a name for himself after that brutal ko on that guy (name escapes me at the moment)
October 26, 2007 @ 07:58 PM
KYSL

Anyone practices MMA here?

I does.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:04 PM
KYSL

btw fav fighters:

Fedor Emelianenko, Kid Yamamoto, Genki Sudo. chyeah.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:18 PM
James Bond 007

Stop talking out of your fucking ass dude. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, or you just have never watched mma before.

None of the Pride guys are "pathetic", its mostly the rule changes and fighting in a new environment.
Also, Couture is not "retired", he is just not in contract with UFC or any organization at the time, he is willing to take more fights, just not any at the moment. And if you have EVER watched Fedor fight, you would know he is the best bar none. There is no denying the fact that he has beat the best to get where he is right now. He would destroy "The Natural" so get off his fucking nuts.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:25 PM
KYSL

this dude doesnt know wtf he's talking about... the majority pride fighters are so much better skilled than most of ufc fighters. yes there are great fighters in the ufc, but those are the exceptions. the others are just fillers.

also, i dont agree that randy couture would get destroyed. he might be able to stand a fight with fedor. he might not win. but at least they'll go into a decision.
October 26, 2007 @ 08:26 PM
KYSL

if that guy ever said that on Sherdog's forum, he'd be crying now... lol
October 26, 2007 @ 08:58 PM
Hush

honestly, I'm not even sure if Couture could beat Noiguera.
October 26, 2007 @ 09:06 PM
chopstickthugz

Kang wants to fight in korea and that's where he wants to be
and if i were in his position i would stay in korea where so many fans adore him

what's the benefits for kang to join UFC? shitty contracts with pissy lil bitch dana white?

Hush u listed some good fighters... Geremy Horns and Matt Lindleman will def. bring the heats

* it's official now Couture left UFC... many ppl blame him for money and all but i disagree i think he's a true fighter who deserves more everything than Chuck Liddell who lost 2 matches in a row... i really hope to see Randy fight against Fedor although i still want to see Noguiera vs Couture...

Couture will have fair amount of chaces to win if Fedor and Randy fight under UFC rules or the cage but if they do fight in the ring... Randy will have VERY hard time btw this match will not happen at least for 9 months because Randy said he's still under contract with UFC for 9 more months and i bet he doesnt want to get into law suits BS
October 26, 2007 @ 10:37 PM
KYSL

but how long does Fedor's contract last with M-1?
unless theres a similar type of clause in his contract that allowed him to fight in Bodog, he might be able to have the chance to fight Couture in the near future.
October 26, 2007 @ 11:27 PM
Big_peezy

ha! ha! ha! get off coutures nuts? are you fuucking kidding me?
how dare you speak of the great natural like that you piece of shit.
fuck fedor ! in the cage randy can stand 5 rounds with fedor its 60/40 to me

anyways everyone has their own opinions there is no wrong or right
but couture aint fighting cuz fedor too scared to come over to the ufc.
I saw the interviews they want to get used to the cage blah blah blah

pussy to me!

to switch topic

what do you guys really think of griffin now?
i think in about one or two more ppvs hes rdy for a title shot baby!
He IS after all RANKED NO. fucking 1 now baby in the world ala shogun!
am i right or not?

I just love me some Forest Gump!!! i watched him since day one on the ultimate fighter.
yall know that up until that fight against shogun, the man was sharing an aprtment with his buddy, sleeping on da couch no tv no bed only a fridge???
October 26, 2007 @ 11:44 PM
KYSL

1) M-1 uses the cage...

2) Griffin should definitely get a title shot. Rampage vs Griffin would definitely be a hot seller. if it does happen, let's just hope they give a good performance and not another disappointment.
October 27, 2007 @ 12:39 AM
Hush

In my opinion I think Forrest has to win another match against a major opponent to get a title shot. If I'm Dana White I can't justify giving Forrest a title match after going 1 and 1 in his last 2 matches. Get him to fight the winner of Silva and Liddell or Lyoto Machida.
October 27, 2007 @ 06:25 AM
James Bond 007

ha! ha! ha! get off coutures nuts? are you fuucking kidding me?
how dare you speak of the great natural like that you piece of shit.
fuck fedor ! in the cage randy can stand 5 rounds with fedor its 60/40 to me

anyways everyone has their own opinions there is no wrong or right
but couture aint fighting cuz fedor too scared to come over to the ufc.
I saw the interviews they want to get used to the cage blah blah blah

pussy to me!

Yes, you are off his nuts.

Randy can not stand with Fedor you idiot, Chuck knocked him out twice, and he is a LHW.... Come on...there is no denying the facts here.
October 28, 2007 @ 03:32 PM
Intriago

[CENTER][/CENTER]
October 28, 2007 @ 03:47 PM
liquidlexus

^ ROFL
October 30, 2007 @ 09:05 PM
KYSL

so all of you guys just watch mma? nobody practices it?
October 31, 2007 @ 06:10 AM
James Bond 007

so all of you guys just watch mma? nobody practices it?

I take Muay Thai.
November 1, 2007 @ 12:28 AM
Hush

to further prove my point that it takes time to get used to the cage, take a look at these ufc guys' first few matches in pride and then you can't tell me that getting used to a ring/cage doesn;t make a difference. Chuck Liddell gets owned by Jackson and Overeem (an average light heavy) gives Chuck all he can handle. Jens Pulver gets ktfo by Gomi and suffered a beatdown from sakurai. Josh Barnett gets the crap beat out of him by Cro Cop twice. Carlos Newton gets destroyed by Anderson Silva. Kevin Randleman has never been the same since leaving UFC. and there's prolly more but these are the ones I know off the top of my head. From what I can recall all of these guys listed were at least one time champions in UFC or top fighters in their respective divisions

The point is don't write off these pride guys after a few matches, give them time and most of the ones will turn good.

Please login first to reply.