Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 21, 2009 @ 02:35 AM
chopstickthugz

u know Rua has never been knocked out or tkoed in a fight. I think this fight will come down to mental strengths n grappling. None of the fighters went more than 3 rounds, but Rua won Pride grandprix that made him fight 2 times in 1 night.

I think Rua is smart enough to mix up his game so he can stay unpredictable. Eventually he'll look to take Machida down and GN'P him with elbows.

Will Rua able to take Machida down or is it going to be other way around with Machida's sumo n foot trips? Rua got submitted 2 times in a fight against Sobral n Forrest Griffen and Machida got almost submitted by Tito.

I'm not sure who's better on the clinch and grappling [slightly leaning towards Rua] Striking department, Machida is better, but Rua has KO power.

I like Cain and Ben grew on me. I kind of want Ben to KO Cain, but Cain can always come back and beat the Jesus out of Ben on the ground anytime he wants and his will power is pretty impressive. I cant believe he got fuckin' rocked about 3 times against Cheick Congo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0mnFNcuiE&feature=player_embedded

+For Dream 12 [cage], Alistar will square off against James Thompson who got KTFO by Jim Newyork in Sengoku.
October 21, 2009 @ 09:37 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Also ets get off the Machida Shogun fight! What about Cain Velasquez vs. Rothwell? Was watching the countdown and this is goign to be a great fight! Both fighters want this... Velasquez wants to get a title shot and needs this win to get there and Rothwell been fighting forever to get tot he UFC and is finally here and wants to show he belongs! Im going to with Velasquez cause he has the wrestling amd has been training his ass off, running through training partners cause he was pissed about his last performance!

I'm rooting for ben rothwell. I don't like cain. And he has a glass jaw. If Kongo had any wrestling ability, he would've been able to sprawl and finish the stunned Velazquez. I think Ben has what it takes to get a tko on cain.
October 21, 2009 @ 02:12 PM
Scotty

^ True but every time Velasquez got dropped it only fazed him for a second then got back and got the take down! But we all know check has the worse ground game in the UFC i think! haha Should be a very good fight i think.. I used to hate Rothwell, but after seeing the countdown, the guy has gone through alot and hasnt took any shortcuts to get where he is at, he trained and fought where ever he was asked to fight until he got to where he is now and thats the UFC! I just see Velasquez getting the better of the fight, he even stated he is going to go for the takedown and try to punish Rothwell.. And he can do it, but Rothwell is a fighter as we scene when he fought Arvlowski, he took his beating and still tried for the win! I also feel if Velasquez does lose, it will help him more as fighter, some people get to the top real early and need to lose! Perfect example, GSP! He was undefeated running through people, got the shot and lost came back twice as hard, started his run got the title! Lost again, made him even stronger, now look at him, he cant be beat as of now! So if Velasquez does lose, i think it will be a more helpful situation than worse, he is young and is a fighter! But i still want to see him win!
October 21, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
chopstickthugz

Rolles Gracie has signed with UFC. He'll be competing in the heavyweight division with the record of 3-0. All by submissions. He also has a judo background and he's 31 years old. He trains out of NY with Renzo.

MMA LIVE - Gina Carano in the Body Issue of ESPN Magazine Cover
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZGERETn9s&feature=player_embedded &)

Dana White- Vlong Ep. 2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5WyYGzfUkY&feature=player_embedded
damn Mini me is tiny.

A Tatame.com interview with Lyoto Machida in Portuguese
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ZWmHxuvcU&feature=player_embedded
"check out Lyoto's kicks! He does the flying kick ("only for magazine pictures"), the switch kick, and the regular head kick.
In the interview he says that he doesn't want to become a heavyweight after a long time, but that he wants to challenge himself during his fighting career if it all works out. He says that he wants to test his limits and challenge the best to challenge his own self. The reporter asks about Fedor and Lyoto said he would like to fight a man of great skill like Fedor. He says that it isn't a project for now, but his long time goal is to test himself as a martial artist against the best and strongest out there. The rest is basically already known."

Anderson Silva: "Fedor Would Beat Me"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppIbcRAVIek&feature=player_embedded
*Horrible interview, but if u are interested in the Spider then check it out.

*I didn't know we're on 100 page~ yay fellow MMA fans.
October 22, 2009 @ 04:44 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

^ True but every time Velasquez got dropped it only fazed him for a second then got back and got the take down! But we all know check has the worse ground game in the UFC i think! haha Should be a very good fight i think.. I used to hate Rothwell, but after seeing the countdown, the guy has gone through alot and hasnt took any shortcuts to get where he is at, he trained and fought where ever he was asked to fight until he got to where he is now and thats the UFC! I just see Velasquez getting the better of the fight, he even stated he is going to go for the takedown and try to punish Rothwell.. And he can do it, but Rothwell is a fighter as we scene when he fought Arvlowski, he took his beating and still tried for the win! I also feel if Velasquez does lose, it will help him more as fighter, some people get to the top real early and need to lose! Perfect example, GSP! He was undefeated running through people, got the shot and lost came back twice as hard, started his run got the title! Lost again, made him even stronger, now look at him, he cant be beat as of now! So if Velasquez does lose, i think it will be a more helpful situation than worse, he is young and is a fighter! But i still want to see him win!

Everytime he got chin checked he dropped hard! If kongo had ANY kind of takedown defense (which I'm sure Rothewell does), he would've been able to defend the takedown and most likely get the tko. I'm thinking Rothwell can do it.

So so far, bragging rights bets on the night are

Machida

Rothwell

I don't think we disagree on any of the other fights that night.
October 22, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
Scotty

^ No DM its just between Shogun and Machida.. Cause even if Velasquez does lose it wont be that disappointing cause the fight really could go either way and cant be pissed if Rothwell wins! Thinking of other fights here is my pics:

UFC 104

Lyoto Machida vs. Shogun Rua
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell wont be disappointed if Rothwell does win but im a fan of Velasquez
Gleison Tibau vs. Josh Neer
Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher even though Fisher wants it and wants BJ, i think Stevenson will take it
Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Spike TV card
Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer might turn into a boring wrestling match

* Also Nick Diaz AGAIN is the main event on a fight night! When will this stop? I hope gray maynard smashes this fool into oblivion!

** Also Ricardo Almeida out against Fitch and Paulo Thiago out for Alves! Now 107 is Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch rematch!
October 22, 2009 @ 05:19 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

^ No DM its just between Shogun and Machida.. Cause even if Velasquez does lose it wont be that disappointing cause the fight really could go either way and cant be pissed if Rothwell wins! Thinking of other fights here is my pics:

UFC 104

Lyoto Machida vs. Shogun Rua
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell wont be disappointed if Rothwell does win but im a fan of Velasquez
Gleison Tibau vs. Josh Neer
Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher even though Fisher wants it and wants BJ, i think Stevenson will take it
Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Spike TV card
Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer might turn into a boring wrestling match

* Also Nick Diaz AGAIN is the main event on a fight night! When will this stop? I hope gray maynard smashes this fool into oblivion!

** Also Ricardo Almeida out against Fitch and Paulo Thiago out for Alves! Now 107 is Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch rematch!

I got

Machida, of course
Rothwell
Neer (I'm thinking neer's aggression and reach will be enough to stifle tibeau)
Joe daddy...boring fight...joe daddy by ground control for 3 rounds.
Anthony Johnson by KO. He might be a problem for GSP. Dude is HUGE for his division, abnormally athletic, fast, strong, crazy reach, KO power. Only edge GSP has on him is wrestling.

Ryan bader wins.

AND LMAO AT NICK DIAZ!!!! That kid sooo strikes me as special ed. LOL. It blows my mind how he keeps getting UFC payouts....but, I mean, if dudes are dumb enough to get caught in his subs, they deserve to get caught, and nick deserves to get another shot....even if it is to just be a free fight on tv. LOL.
October 23, 2009 @ 02:18 AM
chopstickthugz

i can't stand Quinton anymore. I used to like his wittyness and childish [not being ass] attitude. Sure i can't factor out about fuckin' media may portrayin him as a jackass too, but still.

Oh boy, he's one annoying bitch. I hope Rashad dismantles him. I honestly think Rashad is more motivated than Rampage. Quinton is always been luke warm water dude, i admit he was very motivated against Wanderlei match for the 3rd time.

Even if Quinto does win. I hope either Machida or Shogun fools him silly.

*I'm rooting for Yoshida. He trained with Greg Jackson for 3 months. I like his judo skills with submission game.
October 23, 2009 @ 08:45 AM
Joweee

Quinton quit.....no?
October 23, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
imtheman

yeah he quit - for now.
After watching this week's episode, it just makes me think that Rampage already had his thoughts set on making that movie and not really caring about winning the TUF competition, especially after he's made a couple of comments or statements in his Mr. tee voice of B.A. Baracus. Rashad is really all about trying to get the best out of these fighters and really helping them succeed and improve, I was a fan of Rashad and his cockiness, and even more-so now.
October 23, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
Scotty

I thought Rampage was funny this episode.. I laughed alot especially the "titties" part, shit was funny! And the poster was funny... And does titties really think he could be rampage, i mean come on now, lets not get to hot headed! Even Dana said that, that dude needs to worry about fighting these fighters and pick a fight with Rampage.. Also Rashad is a really good coach helpos his guys, and helps rampages guys after they lose.. But people have to realize that Rampage didnt want to do the show at first but Dana said it would be great marketing for the fight between him and evans.. And there would be alot of money thrown his way! So hes not a coach, he can teach u things, but he's a fighter!
October 23, 2009 @ 09:07 PM
Scotty

Whats up with all these fighters not making weight? Anthony Johnson couldnt make the cut and weighed in at 176 but johnsons manager and trainer notified Yoshida's team and they agreed to fight still.. I guess Johnsons body was not letting him cut that much weight, like i was saying before, u need to get these good strength and condition coaches to keep your weight down during your time off.. Instead of trying to make a huge cut like Johnson who walks at like 195.. But Johnson is also dishing out 20% of his pay!

Also received my tickets today! Dana wasnt lying he gave me excellent seats.. I got 2 premiere seats which are level up from the floor and straight center of the octagon..
October 23, 2009 @ 11:58 PM
chopstickthugz

Also received my tickets today! Dana wasnt lying he gave me excellent seats.. I got 2 premiere seats which are level up from the floor and straight center of the octagon..

cool U are going to catch all of the prelims too? I want to see Patrick vs Hardonk killing one another.

yo real talk, u should be topless with "DRAGON SLAYER" across your chest lol.

Tibau vs. Neer, both of didnt make weight so catch weight at 156 lbs
October 24, 2009 @ 01:05 PM
Scotty

^ yeah were going to the prelims, cause sometimes there is some really good undercard guys just going at it for 3 rounds... Time is going by really slow this morning though, want the time to go by faster! hahaha
October 24, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
The Nation

anyone got a live stream mine went down...
October 24, 2009 @ 11:48 PM
owww

shogun got robbed, smh
October 24, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
inakorechard

shogun really did some damage to machida, i thought he did enough to win split decision, ill admit though u cant win a fight by just kickin him in the leg, gotta go for the ko epically since judges probably will favor champ if it goes to decision
October 25, 2009 @ 12:17 AM
2frashbacca

Shitty day to be an MMA fan. Fuck CSAC and fuck the UFC, never getting my money again.
October 25, 2009 @ 12:19 AM
chill.

pretty surprised by the decision. even more surprised that it was unanimous.
I guess Lyoto did have some strong knee strikes and counters to when Shogun
went for some body shots, but still. Pretty good fight though.
October 25, 2009 @ 12:38 AM
inakorechard

anyone noticed what dana said to shogun, kinda look like he said you won PS. Dream 12 starts around 11 tonight
October 25, 2009 @ 12:42 AM
TyraCute

doesn't matter if dana said that...

u know he had a hand in the judges giving the win to lyoto

another way of dana white protecting his interests, his money makers
October 25, 2009 @ 01:29 AM
BobtheFoB

shogun lost by armed robbery sad

investment banking pays the bills

October 25, 2009 @ 01:35 AM
imtheman

Well'p... gotta do more than that to take the belt...
far from an entertaining fight, but if Rua wanted that belt, he had to push the action harder.
Leg kicks and jabs are not enough to win the belt.
October 25, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
Fredinsac

I gotta rewatch that fight. I had Lyoto taking the 2nd n 3rd rounds and Shogun taking the 4th n 5th. 1st round was a tossup for me. Only thing that pissed me off was fucking Rogan all over Shogun's balls. Everything that came out of his mouth was about Shogun's goddamn leg and body kicks. There were a few times where Lyoto landed the leg kicks and he STILL said it was Shogun. Even when they traded shots. There was one instance where Lyoto and Shogun traded body kicks and all Rogan could say was "Another body kick by Shogun!" I just hope Machida learned his lesson from this fight. He needs to learn to catch those body and leg kicks and the perfect person to learn them from is A. Silva. Shogun looked damn good tonight though. Probably even better than his Pride days.
October 25, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
2frashbacca

far from an entertaining fight, but if Rua wanted that belt, he had to push the action harder.
Funny because i dont think you make the rules, at least last time i checked anyway.
October 25, 2009 @ 05:18 AM
chopstickthugz

hmmm really? I think the most important and crucial element to be looked at during the fight is DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE~ Who the hell inflicted it more fucking damage?

Okay... Machida's face- CHECKED, his ribs- CHECKED, and his thigh- CHECKED. PLEASE don't tell me that Mauricio looked more hurt compare to Lyto

I think Shogun also controlled the pace of fight most of times. By being the aggressor. More leg kicks and more knees to thigh in the clinch. These are the reasons why we didn't see Machida dancing like a butterfly so to speak.

I think 1st n 5th round is really tossed up. Shogun seemed to connected more powerful shots, but at the same time, Machida did many knee strikes and straight left counters as well.

BS DECISION. The champ also has to prove convincingly that the belt belongs to him n make his status as UNDISPUTED.

Refree Steve Mazagatti is a dumbass... seriously he needs to go to regional organization and get some experiences.

Ben is a tough mofo, he could've had last for another round. But for what? more ground n pound to the face? Regardless Cain did very well, I never appreciated such a simple single leg take downs to be so fluid and awesome. I noticed Cain let Ben hip escaped from the mount [2 hands are busy pushing off] so he can just blast him on his face straight up. He was actually winning on the feet as well. Let me say he looked like a blood thirsty beast.

Pat Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk fight was cool I got emotional at the end of the round. What a roller coaster that was haha

*It does look like Dana said something about rematch or about the winner being Shogun. I can't wait until tomorrow so i can watch Dana's video blog about what went on in the backstage.
October 25, 2009 @ 10:54 AM
Joweee

So who's the next contender? The winner of Evans and Silva? I feel like Shogun can beat either of em.
October 25, 2009 @ 12:17 PM
Scotty

Alright, before i get into one of the biggest rip off fight, let me say watching the UFC live from about 100-150 away is just purely AMAZING! I have some pics that i will post later...

Now onto the fight, first let me say to everyone who said u cant win by leg kicks and knees, and a straight punches u are dumb! U have to know who Machida is, he is a runaway fighter, u attack he tries to get away! So u have to plan a fight for his defensive style, Judges should have to do more research and should know every type of fighters style before coming into a fight! Shogun had no choice but to fight the way he did and pic his time to attack then back off! So i guess to the california Athletic commission, sees as running away scores u more points... Shogun did everything right, he chopped the shit of machida's legs, clinched him against the cage and threw knees to the leg inflicting more damage, also was on the attack 90% of the fight! also might i add Shogun had a couple of huge nice punches! Machida got to nice combos but even Shogun was blocking them! He good knees and kicks but only threw a few of them that actually landed! U could see in Machida's face after the 3rd round he was done, Shogun seen it! At the end of the fight before the decision, u could see that Machida knew he lost! Machida only won 2nd and 23rd, barely...This is just bullshit, u can say dont let go to the judges hand but dont rob a man who worked his ass off, did what guys cant do to machida and beat him at his own game, then take it away from him! And, yeah i wanted shogun to win but i'll still take a lost when it deserves and that i really couldnt believe it was taking away from him! Also i said i would give Machida the full respect, that went out the window and not because of the bullshit decision but did EXACTLY what i thought he would do... Run away! Dana also told Shogun he won the fight!

Steve mazagati with an early stoppage but Velasquez just owned Rothwell and i see it as, mazagati saw what everyone else saw and that was Velasquez was going to just man handle Rothwell even more and he was looking out for Rothwells face! Velaquez looked like a new man, he wants that title shot... After seeing that fight, it just made me more a fan of this guy! And i give it up for Rothwell, he took on a huge challenge for his first fight in the UFC, i think Dana saw that and u will see rothwell soon..

Anthony Johnson is a wrecking Machine! He punches were so load in the arena, i couldnt believe.. Also Shoguns kicks were unreal and i think the people in the nose bleed section could hear them clearly!

Joe daddy came out and just smashed Fisher with those elbows, great fight! Also Pat Barry took on the a big dude and smashed in him!
October 25, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
Scotty

Also just read Dana says" There is going to be a rematch!" He said he talked to both fighters and they agreed on it! I believe that there is not a number one contender since Rampage dropped off, so Dana is going to set up a rematch right away! And it better be in Vegas!
October 25, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
Joweee

There better be...
Pat Berry looked nice in the second round..

Please login first to reply.