July 10, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
2frashbacca

lesnar doesnt want to be on the ground with mir
July 10, 2009 @ 05:00 PM
Scotty

I'm picking Lesnar to win against Mir. Ground and pound all night.

HAHAHA if he wants to get his armed snapped off or get out into another submission... Only way lesnar would win with ground is 2 ways... He beats up mir up standing the first 2 rounds and mir gets really tired and Lesnar will take him down at will then pound em.. Or if Lesnar gets that huge punch in and rocks mir completely then ground and pound! But Mir already felt Lesnar big shot, it made him fall to the ground but what happened, he let Lesnar throw some punches and looked for the arm bar which he would have gotten if the ref didnt stop lesnar from hitting the back of the head.. Then lesnar got caught with his leg out and tapped! See the same thing happening again, this fight..
July 10, 2009 @ 06:38 PM
Scotty

Just got done watching the Live Weigh ins... Brock and frank didnt even shake hands after the stare down.. then Mir just laughed at him! But i didnt realize that the under is stacked, if u look at it, it could be a Fight Night card, u would just have to add a main event fight...

Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Jon Jones is on the undercard, i think if he wins he might move up to a fight night event or UFC main card... But aslo if u are planning on buying the fights, buy them on UFC.com cause u get to watch the undercard fights at 5 for free as well... Thats what im going to do cause this i a sick undercard fights!
July 10, 2009 @ 07:59 PM
chopstickthugz

UFC 100: Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, July 11th. TOMORROW only on PPV
(iscotty is right, order PPV on UFC.com then u'll get to see all of the under cards. For the 1st time UFC is not dumb enough to waste their valuable content and share with the fans...smile)

Weigh in results:

Main cards: TELEVISED
Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Frank Mir (245)
Georges St. Pierre (170) vs. Thiago Alves (170)
Jon Fitch (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
Dan Henderson (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)
Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Alan Belcher (186)

Under cards: May NOT be Televised
Mark Coleman (205) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)
Mac Danzig (154) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Jon Jones (206) vs. Jake O'Brien (206)
Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. T.J. Grant (170)
CB Dollaway (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (184)
Matt Grice (155) vs. Shannon Gugerty (156)

*im almost 50% n 50% for main event heavyweight title. GSP vs Thiago Alves is very close too... I expect Jon Fitch to win, but i wont be surprised to see Paulo Thiago getting his hands raised (he's a fucking member of Batalh
July 11, 2009 @ 01:55 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

^well its obvious you dont stand and bang with someone who has hard punches and knock out power! Leben has the knock out power and has shown it! Its basic boxing and kickboxing.. If u know the person u are fighting can knock u out in any giving punch u throw a couple of punches and then bounce away! Bisping didnt look scared, he looked smart.. Threw a few then stepped back, came in threw some jabs, some straights here and there back away! He was very smart that fight and beat up leben bad, he had to fight like that and plus leben has only been knocked out once and thats by anderson silva..

LOL, sounds like a strategy that GSP would use against Alves. smile
July 11, 2009 @ 02:54 AM
randysav

my UFC picks for tommorow:

Brock
Alves
Fitch
Hendo
Akiyama
July 11, 2009 @ 09:05 AM
Shaun

Slowly becoming a fan.
July 11, 2009 @ 11:47 AM
Scotty

LOL, sounds like a strategy that GSP would use against Alves. smile

yeah but Alves isnt just a slugger who just throws bombs and just hoping he connects with one like leben! It would play out different with Alves! Still think this is going to be the fight of the night and the one to watch.. Even Dana said in the press conference that this fight is being overshadowed by the other 2 fights but if it was the main event, its would be hyped up like the lesnar, Mir fight! AND my pick still stands.... Alves!
July 11, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
Vancouver

dam man dont have ppv

if anyone finds a link of the fight online later post it smile
July 11, 2009 @ 04:51 PM
ateeeewuh.

4 hours.
July 11, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
Vancouver

GSP destroyed Silva man

lesnar fight on now, brock fuck him up smile
July 11, 2009 @ 11:08 PM
ateeeewuh.

anyone gonna have a dl link later?
July 11, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
Vancouver

Leesnarr won fuck yeaaaa
July 11, 2009 @ 11:21 PM
roflshoe

i was really pushing for frank mir in this fight...
July 11, 2009 @ 11:21 PM
ateeeewuh.

my stream crapped out before the KO. weak
July 12, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
scfdefinit

Lesnar is such a douchebag. Hes a bad image for the sport, it's hard to give him any respect. I don't see anyone who can push him on the UFC roster though, hes too big and strong, maybe Carwin or Velasquez but that would still be an uphill battle. The UFC needs to make some moves and sign more fighters for their heavyweight division.
July 12, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
Glaq

UFC 100 CANT WAIT
* Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - i want mir to win but lesnar will get this by TKO G and P
* Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - TKO 3rd round
* Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - not sure, i just know fitch will win
* Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - KO 3rd round, hendo's big right against bispings loud mouth
* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - sexyama by armbar haha

im 5-0 awesome...wasn't expecting how Brock will handle the fight, but man he handled Mir like he's Sable...
Yoshihiro and his sexiness got him the win!!!
crazy K.O by Henderson Woooooooo
July 12, 2009 @ 12:21 AM
2frashbacca

Brock is the most dominant in the ufc heavyweight division no doubt. That being said, he disgusts me, is a terrible figure for the sport of mma and wins purely on his size and strength.
July 12, 2009 @ 12:22 AM
Joweee

Lesnar is such a douchebag. Hes a bad image for the sport, it's hard to give him any respect. I don't see anyone who can push him on the UFC roster though, hes too big and strong, maybe Carwin or Velasquez but that would still be an uphill battle. The UFC needs to make some moves and sign more fighters for their heavyweight division.

The new ultimate fighter is heavyweights. Kimbo is on it and i saw rampage lookin up at some dude that looks like he's 7 feet...
July 12, 2009 @ 12:29 AM
Scotty

GSP destroyed Silva man

lesnar fight on now, brock fuck him up smile

To bad GSP didnt fight anyone by the name of Silva! Just another brock's fighting, got to watch it!

Well my night didnt go as planned... Only Fitch won out of my picks!

Hendo with a huge knockout! I couldnt believe how hard that hit was, he did a full circle wind up! Bisping making a huge mistake doing circles that way and his trainers were telling him not too..

GSP vs. Alves was kinda boring actually, kind of disappointed.. Just did the take down, wrestling to get points, i think he felt after that first kick of Alves, that alves was no joke standing. Gsp took alves down with ease! Thought it was have been more entertaining? I had a feeling GSP was going to turn into that kind of fight.. Wasnt impressed, already knew he could do all of that, but Thiago did have em on his back and was getting a few shots in.. Also the reach advantage played a good part, cause alves had to stretch out which made it easier to wait and take down.

And im not getting on the Mir fight! He just made mistake after mistake.. Brock needs some class and makes the sport look bad! Piece of shit, Mir will be back for the rubber match!

The belcher, akiyama fight was really good! I dont think Belcher got screwed either.. He kept back away and akiyama would still get the punches and got the take down at the end of the third!
July 12, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
Vancouver

^LOL whoops my mistake, Alves*

me and some buddies kept talking about Andersen Silva so mustve got stuck in my head
July 12, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
2frashbacca

i love henderson but if he really did know bisping was out when he came down on him.....that's classless
July 12, 2009 @ 01:20 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

im 5-0 awesome...wasn't expecting how Brock will handle the fight, but man he handled Mir like he's Sable...
Yoshihiro and his sexiness got him the win!!!
crazy K.O by Henderson Woooooooo

akiyama lost....the judges gave it to him...but if you saw the same fight I saw, you know he lost.
July 12, 2009 @ 01:24 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

i love henderson but if he really did know bisping was out when he came down on him.....that's classless

that's adrenaline, and that's fighting. By "I knew he was out" he means in other words "when I felt it connect I knew he was out" cuz if you see the replay, hendo threw that right without looking. Fighters train to follow up on downed opponents. It's part of the sport. He felt his shot connect...he knew, he dropped him, and he went in to make sure the job was finished (That last on was to shut him up). Rampage did it much worse to vanderlei....and he really knew that vanderlei was out after the first follow up punch and the ref pulling him away.
July 12, 2009 @ 01:33 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

To bad GSP didnt fight anyone by the name of Silva! Just another brock's fighting, got to watch it!

Well my night didnt go as planned... Only Fitch won out of my picks!

Hendo with a huge knockout! I couldnt believe how hard that hit was, he did a full circle wind up! Bisping making a huge mistake doing circles that way and his trainers were telling him not too..

GSP vs. Alves was kinda boring actually, kind of disappointed.. Just did the take down, wrestling to get points, i think he felt after that first kick of Alves, that alves was no joke standing. Gsp took alves down with ease! Thought it was have been more entertaining? I had a feeling GSP was going to turn into that kind of fight.. Wasnt impressed, already knew he could do all of that, but Thiago did have em on his back and was getting a few shots in.. Also the reach advantage played a good part, cause alves had to stretch out which made it easier to wait and take down.

And im not getting on the Mir fight! He just made mistake after mistake.. Brock needs some class and makes the sport look bad! Piece of shit, Mir will be back for the rubber match!

The belcher, akiyama fight was really good! I dont think Belcher got screwed either.. He kept back away and akiyama would still get the punches and got the take down at the end of the third!

Alves is not an GSP's level. You're not impressed because the fighter you wanted to win in dramatic fashion got dominated. Like I told you, GSP is too smart for alves. He will employ a strategy that will win him the fight. I told you he will wrestle him to the ground. I'm impressed because neither hughes nor kos could get him down and keep him there and yet GSP did it for 5 rounds. He's a superior fighter.

IMO, Brock deserves respect. He showed that he has put work into learning the sport. His positional dominance was fantastic. That behind the neck crucifix position was so old school. It was beatiful to see it being employed. And he did it so well. I mean, I'm legit impressed with Brock. Brock is good for the sport. If brad pitt got into the cage and turned out to be a great fighter, would we hold his acting against him? No? Then why hold WWE against brock? He's clearly shown that he is a legit contender. I don't see how he's bad for the sport. In fact, with every champion trying to be the good guy, why not have a guy that people love AND hate?

And belcher got robbed. I saw that fight and to me, it looked like belcher was the one imposing his game plan.
July 12, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
2frashbacca

akiyama was landing the punches he wanted to and had the takedowns. i saw his win coming
July 12, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Brock is the most dominant in the ufc heavyweight division no doubt. That being said, he disgusts me, is a terrible figure for the sport of mma and wins purely on his size and strength.

Hmmmmmmm. So what happens when he fights guys that are as strong and as big as he is and he still beats them? I think that lesnar is more than just size and strenth. Being just size and strength is what got him kneebarred the first time around. But we see a different lesnar now. Technique won this fight from what I saw.

People who say he's bad for the sport are just mad cuz he won. I told you he would win. And being a fan of the sport since I was 13, I personally think he's good for the sport. I believe he's gonna force fighters to become better...smarter. I also think the bad guy thing is great. It gets people talking. It's entertaining. This IS a spectator sport after all. Purists always cry foul. Like when they implemented the referee stand up rule. LOL...."That's not real fighting!" LOL, but NOW those same purists are saying, "Oh, stand them up already!" LOL. The sport is still evolving, and these changes are good because they entertain the spectator. In the end, that's what matters...not some theoretical purity..because without spectators, the sport would be back in the blackout ages....and I don't want that. I want fighters to get big purses. I want fights to be entertaining. Let the sport grow...even when it grows a Brock Lesnar.
July 12, 2009 @ 02:03 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

oh, and even though I switched my decision cuz iscotty convinced me...I'll admit I was wrong...I'm glad that I was wrong...Hendo looked great! He looked like the Pride Hendo that we all came to love. A Silva will still whoop him though. LOL.
July 12, 2009 @ 02:20 AM
scfdefinit

Yes, Lesnar improved his technique. There's no doubting that hes a physical freak with legitimate wrestling skills. As I've said I don't see anyone on the UFC HW roster giving him a run for his money yet. But, its just the way he carries himself that makes me dislike him. He has no class. He'll bring in money and make the sport grow though I'll give you that. But, I don't want the UFC to turn into the WWE.

The new TUF season looks interesting. Hopefully it'll add some depth to the division by developing a solid fighter or two. The cast doesn't seem too promising though. Seems like theres a lot of ex-NFL players, rejects, etc. I mean it has Kimbo in it. But, maybe he has improved. We'll see.
July 12, 2009 @ 02:39 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Yes, Lesnar improved his technique. There's no doubting that hes a physical freak with legitimate wrestling skills. As I've said I don't see anyone on the UFC HW roster giving him a run for his money yet. But, its just the way he carries himself that makes me dislike him. He has no class. He'll bring in money and make the sport grow though I'll give you that. But, I don't want the UFC to turn into the WWE.

The new TUF season looks interesting. Hopefully it'll add some depth to the division by developing a solid fighter or two. The cast doesn't seem too promising though. Seems like theres a lot of ex-NFL players, rejects, etc. I mean it has Kimbo in it. But, maybe he has improved. We'll see.

And that's good that you don't like him. You guys shouldn't worry about MMA becoming like WWE. Lesnar is not the only fighter. He is ONE guy. The majority of MMA fighters are class acts...but there are still the heels. Nick Diaz is still a heel kinda guy. I remember Phil Baroni was a heel. It's just the nature of the sport.

As far as the new TUF. I think there are gonna be like 4 guys that are legit. The rest are gonna be bums that gas within minutes. I think they're gonna feed Kimbo a bum for his first fight to keep him in the house and get ratings. But once Kimbo faces a good fighter, he's done. But I anticipate it's gonna be entertaining either way.

And the solution to Mir is not to find a bigger stonger guy...it's to find a smarter fighter....think Maurice Smith vs Mark Coleman. cool

Please login first to reply.