Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 5, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
Scotty

^ Alves has a good JJ game and it would be tested by GSP... I think this fight is going to be all about testing each others strengths and weaknesses!
July 7, 2009 @ 03:06 AM
chopstickthugz

Strikeforce Event sometimes in August which already included the participation of Gina Carano vs Cyborg for Women's belt.

New fight was announced today...
Fabricio Werdum vs Alistar Overeem for heavyweight title fight. It'll 2nd time they'll gut it out. It'll be very interesting to see fresher, better, stronger version of Alistar fight against Abu Dhaubi champ.

On side note, Brett Roger's manager is callin Alistar out, "He's had two opportunities to fight Brett but he hasn't taken either of [them]. … if I was Overeem, I would avoid Brett too. It's a horrible f***ing fight for Overeem." Future dream match for sure!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title Quest Volume 3: Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves (By Genghis Con)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSKYfpv0u0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F

*Alves have great Takedown defense as we saw him against Josh Koshcheck & Matt Hughes, but we're talking about GSP who is one of the top 3 wrestlers in MMA right now. Also Jon Fitch has submitted Thiago by Ref stoppage... but that was a long time ago. Currently he's riding 7 consecutive wins

Thiago Alves vs Jon Fitch (Pretty entertaining bout)
www.dailymotion.com/video/x7pnpg_jon-fitch-x-thiago-alves_sport
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabricio Werdum Vs. Alistair Overeem in Pride FC
www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zzn4_fabricio-werdum-vs-alistair-overeem_sport

HAHAH idk why but this gif makes me laugh lol
July 7, 2009 @ 06:37 AM
spoons81

Boxing is still more of an art than MMA
July 7, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
D

Cool?

UFC 100 is almost here!
July 7, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
Scotty

Strikeforce Event sometimes in August which already included the participation of Gina Carano vs Cyborg for Women's belt.

New fight was announced today...
Fabricio Werdum vs Alistar Overeem for heavyweight title fight. It'll 2nd time they'll gut it out. It'll be very interesting to see fresher, better, stronger version of Alistar fight against Abu Dhaubi champ.

Been waiting awhile to finally see carano and cyborg go at it! Fight in the making! Also man febricio was the man in pride, u never see his name anymore til now!

*Alves have great Takedown defense as we saw him against Josh Koshcheck & Matt Hughes, but we're talking about GSP who is one of the top 3 wrestlers in MMA right now. Also Jon Fitch has submitted Thiago by Ref stoppage... but that was a long time ago. Currently he's riding 7 consecutive wins

Yeah but once a wrestler knows the takedown are getting stuffed everytime, u start to get picked apart! Thats it happened to koshcheck and hughes! Thiago defended the takedown everytime then thiago just did his thing! And the Fitch fight was along time ago, might be a different story now though... But this is going to be the fight of the night i think! Two very technical fighters, fighting for the title, its going to be the one to watch!

HAHAH idk why but this gif makes me laugh lol

HAHAHAHA same here think its funny!
July 7, 2009 @ 03:15 PM
Glaq

that rampage gif. is hilarious

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gP-C_D1sNA
July 7, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I disagree...Boxing doesn't have as many variables and therefore is less strategic than MMA.

Boxing has better hands and head movement than MMA...but that's because it's BOXING! That's ALL you do.
July 7, 2009 @ 03:29 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I was just checking on GSP and its funny he hasnt had any real test his stand game in his last i dont know how many fights... He beats wrestlers at their own game! He gets the take down and beats em on the ground, if they are good stand up they go to decision! Which now makes this fight even more interesting! Alves will be the best stand up fighter that GSP will fight. His last fights were against hughes(wrestler), serra(BJJ) which TKO GSP but then gsp cameback and ground knee him to TKO, Fitch(wrestler) good on feet to went to decision, Koscheck(wrestler) good on feet as well went to Decision... BJ Penn but he is a very small WW so im not counting that! I mean i can go down the list and it looks like all wrestlers and ground guys! Hmmm.. now he is fighting a striker, interesting to see how it goes now...

DM GSP is a really smart fighter but im thinking if Alves starts to get his strikes in will GSP get overwhelmed like the serra fight? Cause if u think of it all most of these fighters GSP fought dont have a muay thai backround and usually just work on boxing since they are wrestlers... So they arent using kicks and using different angles to strike... Hmmm this fight is going to be one to watch! Getting more impatient as the days get closer!

What you've seen is GSP employing his strategy. Like I said, if he knows he can stand with you, he will. If he knows he'll dominate the ground, he will. I think that GSP is too smart to fall into ANY part of Alves game and I think that GSP will take him down and keep him on his back.

Alves CAN get the KO. I'll def give the kid his props if he pulls it off. I just don't see it happening. GSP learns from his mistakes and never repeats them again. I'm just putting my bets on GSP. He's too smart. His strategies are next level. His quickness will be his best attribute.
July 7, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
Scotty

^ I'll pick after watching the countdown tonight! HAHA when i cant decide, i let he countdown persuade me to pick a winner... This one i still might not get to decide though, we'll see! Look for my pick later tonight! haha
July 7, 2009 @ 05:42 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

^ I'll pick after watching the countdown tonight! HAHA when i cant decide, i let he countdown persuade me to pick a winner... This one i still might not get to decide though, we'll see! Look for my pick later tonight! haha

LOL I feel you....I'm worried that I'm gonna have to eat my words cuz Alves is dangerous. I've picked alves on every fight up until now. He's an animal. I knew he'd beat every guy he's faced since fitch. But just watching GSP grow as a fighter, I just think he's too damn good. He's the A Silva of his division imo. I'm a big fan of his. But I will admit, it really can go either way.
July 7, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
projectSounds

Lesner or Mirr?
July 8, 2009 @ 01:53 AM
2frashbacca

Lesnar vs Mir is going to be good. I just can't decide who will win. I'm kind of leaning towards Mir because of lesnar's lack of experience and reliance on brute force but at the same time his brute force could leave frank KTFOd
July 8, 2009 @ 02:38 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Lesnar vs Mir is going to be good. I just can't decide who will win. I'm kind of leaning towards Mir because of lesnar's lack of experience and reliance on brute force but at the same time his brute force could leave frank KTFOd

You guys will probably call me crazy for this, but if Mir wins it's gonna be by KO, not submission.
July 8, 2009 @ 04:42 AM
2frashbacca

while watching the countdown i was so confused as to why frank was saying he would knock lesnar out 99 times out of 100 when everyone else was saying that Frank would get worked if he tried to stand and bang. I know frank is pretty good at striking but why do you think that a ko is most likely dm?
July 8, 2009 @ 04:43 AM
2frashbacca

also who else is pumped for the super sexy love fists of dynamite

makes a pink suit look menacing
July 8, 2009 @ 04:52 AM
chopstickthugz

Holly Madison, the Playboy model will be the "guest" ring girl for UFC 100.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7pBfSe9eU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F
fuckin Mazagatti, how many times do i have to tap his leg?
*Gosh im starting to like this vanilla gorilla, he doesnt give a shit what you think about him.
July 8, 2009 @ 10:27 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

while watching the countdown i was so confused as to why frank was saying he would knock lesnar out 99 times out of 100 when everyone else was saying that Frank would get worked if he tried to stand and bang. I know frank is pretty good at striking but why do you think that a ko is most likely dm?

Cuz Lesnar's reach isn't THAT much longer than Mir's. And mir's hands are faster. I think that Mir has the chance to slip in range and land a strong bomb that could put lesnar on his butt. I think lesnar's gonna win....but IF mir wins, it will by by KO. Cuz I don't think that lesnar is gonna give mir the chance for any subs. I think he learned his lesson.
July 8, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Holly Madison, the Playboy model will be the "guest" ring girl for UFC 100.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7pBfSe9eU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F
fuckin Mazagatti, how many times do i have to tap his leg?
*Gosh im starting to like this vanilla gorilla, he doesnt give a shit what you think about him.

LOL great vid. You're a great contributor to this thread chopstickz
July 8, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
Scotty

The countdown sucked.. Mir and lesnar part was the longest, go figure! Alves and GSP's part was i think 7 minutes total... Bullshit, i needed to see longer training sessions.. Good thing about it that mir and lesnar parts were kinda funny! So here are my official picks for saturday:

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
George St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
Paulo Thiao vs. Jon Fitch

There they are... Mir is going to beat Lesnar, Mir is going to have the fire and the way Lesnar is talking u can tell he knows he can be easily submitted by Mir! Standing Mir has an advantage but if Brock gets the shot, Mir will go down but then look what happened last time lesnar got that shot to put him down, Submission!

I am taking Alves to beat GSP! I like GSP nothing against him but im a fan Thiago Alves and im taking the huge underdog in this one! Thiago just looks better than he has in all of his fights... I think he has been working more on his ground game and takedown defense.. And his Muay Thai is amazing! Alves the new champ! haha

Sorry guys but BIsping is going to beat Dan Henderson! Bisping is going to be to fast for Henderson i think and win this fight!
July 8, 2009 @ 12:52 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

My official picks

Lesnar: Clinch game for the first few rounds..then GnP when Mir is tired.

GSP: GnP

Bisping (I've changed my mind...I want him to lose, but he's getting better stronger and faster while hendo is getting older and slower..I hope I'm wrong...damn you scotty for messing with my head on that one!) I think Bisping is just gonna out pace him and when hendo is tired he'll take advantage of him.

Fitch. The kids a frigging robot.
July 8, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
Scotty

^ hahaha i told ya Bisping, u cant deny it as much as people want too... He is just going to be to fast and to strong for Hendo! Also u watch lesnar get tapped, maybe a broken limb that would be amazing! I hate him, he isnt a real champ, he beat and old washed up randy couture who is like 60 pounds lighter than brock and like 5 inches shorter! U should have just given brock the title instead of fighting Couture! And watch Alves, just watch but i cant take anything away from GSP and cant be disappointed if he wins, he an amazing fighter so cant be pissed if he beats Alves! But i am taking Alves! Just have that feeling he is just going to explode for some reason..
July 8, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
2frashbacca

Sorry guys bisping is a bum. No way dan loses to him. And I am seriously loling at bisping supposedly being stronger than henderson.
July 8, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
2frashbacca

watch bisping vs leben. Sure bisping beat the shit out of him but any time they got into it bisping would run away. he looked scared of getting hit by leben. Hendo has a world class wrestling game and is much better (and stronger) than leben. If that same bisping shows up on saturday expect a L for the uk cashcow
July 8, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
Scotty

^well its obvious you dont stand and bang with someone who has hard punches and knock out power! Leben has the knock out power and has shown it! Its basic boxing and kickboxing.. If u know the person u are fighting can knock u out in any giving punch u throw a couple of punches and then bounce away! Bisping didnt look scared, he looked smart.. Threw a few then stepped back, came in threw some jabs, some straights here and there back away! He was very smart that fight and beat up leben bad, he had to fight like that and plus leben has only been knocked out once and thats by anderson silva..
July 8, 2009 @ 11:30 PM
2frashbacca

oh also i forgot to mention that if it had been henderson instead of leben, hendo would be taking his ass down and swarming him. not letting him run away after he throws a potshot
July 9, 2009 @ 02:53 AM
chopstickthugz

I love MMA so I'm more than happy to discuss with those with same interest!

good old sweet judo counter throw, this guy has a balance of cat. Dexterity will win over brute strength!

After Akiyama displaying destruction of Denis Kang. (He's still unproven in my eyes if he truly belongs in top 10 Middleweight in the world... this match will be an eye opener for many fans including myself)

Bisping will get raped... he's only advantage is stand up, but that's against someone with KO powers. It'll be an upset if Michael wins the fight.

UFC 100: RANDY COUTURE breaks down Lesnar-Mir
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWhCTxWX-c&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F
July 9, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
Scotty

Bisping will get raped... he's only advantage is stand up, but that's against someone with KO powers. It'll be an upset if Michael wins the fight.

I dont think it will be an upset at all! Hendo is old now, doesnt have the power he once had and depends on his wrestle skills.. I think Bisping will be faster and will out work Hendo! Can henderson knock him out, yeah but not as easy as he could have say 3 years ago! I like henderson but Bisping is going to out fight him and its no upset!
July 9, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
constantine.

i hate Bisping so much I hope he gets his ass kicked.
July 10, 2009 @ 04:46 AM
2frashbacca

My picks

Mir
GSP
Hendo
Akiyama

fuck honkey kong
July 10, 2009 @ 02:36 PM
T2GRKicks

I'm picking Lesnar to win against Mir. Ground and pound all night.

Please login first to reply.