300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
August 16, 2007 @ 04:26 PM
jaymucks

I thought that BJ wanted to stay in the LW division, capture the title, then when he does that..move up and avenge his losses in the WW division. I think he'd have an easier time in the LW division..
August 16, 2007 @ 05:06 PM
liquidlexus

i hope your right.

BJ = Domination in the LW division.
August 19, 2007 @ 05:51 PM
James Bond 007

HW: Cro cop
Arlovski

LHW: Griffin
Liddell/Rua

MW: Henderson
Silva

WW: Gracie

LW: Gomi
August 19, 2007 @ 09:02 PM
liquidlexus

im SO looking forward to Wanderlei Silva v. Chuck Liddell in december.
August 25, 2007 @ 05:39 PM
liquidlexus

anyone going to be watching UFC:Respect tonight?
i cant in my right mind not root for the natural but anyone else think that Gonzaga is a beast? its totally possible that we may have a new HW champion tonight, if that happens i wanna see a Gonzaga/Fedor match if ufc can get him.

if natural retains, id love to see a Couture/Cro Cop or Couture/Vera matchup next.

oh and GSP will be on the road back to the title with a win over koscheck tonight. =)
August 25, 2007 @ 06:42 PM
James Bond 007

anyone going to be watching UFC:Respect tonight?
i cant in my right mind not root for the natural but anyone else think that Gonzaga is a beast? its totally possible that we may have a new HW champion tonight, if that happens i wanna see a Gonzaga/Fedor match if ufc can get him.

if natural retains, id love to see a Couture/Cro Cop or Couture/Vera matchup next.

oh and GSP will be on the road back to the title with a win over koscheck tonight. =)

Definetely buying, or dling.
Gonzaga is not really a "beast" in the HW division considering all he has beaten is Cro cop. I mean, cro cop was very undertrained for the fight, and already had his eyes on the HW title. Who else has he beat? Carmelo Marrero? Wow. He is so overrated at this point it is unbelievable.
Im definetely not saying he wont win tonight because it is a good possibility and if I was betting that is where my money would go. Just saying he is far from deserving a fight against Fedor.
August 25, 2007 @ 07:06 PM
liquidlexus

^ good point, i just think that Gonzaga as well as Brandon Vera are the "future" of the HW division.

btw i think Brock Lesnar will be a joke if he gets signed to the UFC. He is mostly just hype from pro wrestling, i mean he only has one mma victory and the opponent was pretty much a nobody.
August 25, 2007 @ 09:12 PM
$tevO

Has anyone every seen a guy called Kimbo. Big fat & black. He's a monster. Youtube him. i`m pretty sure he`s done for few MMA fights
August 26, 2007 @ 12:11 AM
jaymucks

Well...Age is not a factor with Randy.... And gsp pwned koscheck....good card, and event. smile...if randy beats crocop/vera ....then I would definately watch fedor vs couture live smile!
August 26, 2007 @ 12:56 AM
jaymucks

Why would you want to watch Fedor vs Couture? Thats just gonna be a dead 40 year old man laying in the ring. Fedor v anyone = lose

But it'd be interesting if Randy won... :D..srry i like to speculate the impossible. lol
August 26, 2007 @ 01:16 AM
jaymucks

Yeah it would be interesting aswell to see what injuries he has at the end. I dont even think Couture would accept that fight. Fedor is like a fucking Grizzly bear man. Beastly. And he is built like a tank. You can't hurt the guy for shit. Mirko got the closest to beating him and even he couldn't do it. Fools indestructable

Many people could've finished fedor off...it's just, I guess they were overwhelmed.

Look at Fujita, he almost got Fedor to slip..but he got back to his feet clinched..and fujita was done for.

Kevin Randleman could've won....if he had decent BJJ skills or just GnP. But he got owned.

Mirko...if he had just put in a little bit more.....

Fedor is beatable...it's just people get overwhelmed by him. And i believe that even though Randy is an old guy....and if he gets through Crocop, Vera, Whoever....that he'd do OKAY against fedor.
August 26, 2007 @ 01:17 AM
jaymucks

even if randy loses to cro cop or anyone, ill still watch fedor vs. couture.

and it was an ok event, still havent seen a UFC event that compares to a Pride event.

agreed....ufc is shit compared to pride. Are you going to watch UFC 75 live? isn't it in Anaheim? ahah
August 26, 2007 @ 03:09 AM
jaymucks

its actually 76 thats in anaheim. 75 is free on spike smile

and i fucking wish I could go watch it live. buut im moving so i dont have money and if i did, idk if i would go. dumbass TUF fans who boo when it goes to the ground piss me off. but i am gonna go for the weigh ins and getting Shogun's autograph.

err 76..w/e lol.

That sucks =/....yeah I agree..the boo's are wack...but it happens in many sports..just not as much or as frequently as MMA
August 26, 2007 @ 10:16 AM
James Bond 007

Randy Couture is the man.
August 27, 2007 @ 01:19 PM
pkdollabills

alot of people boo because they dont like a certain fighter, i mean i know the aspects of the training and the huge amount of dedication it takes but i still give the finger to tito ortiz when he shows up on TV
August 27, 2007 @ 02:26 PM
jaymucks

its actually 76 thats in anaheim. 75 is free on spike smile

and i fucking wish I could go watch it live. buut im moving so i dont have money and if i did, idk if i would go. dumbass TUF fans who boo when it goes to the ground piss me off. but i am gonna go for the weigh ins and getting Shogun's autograph.

Hmm..found out that it's actually 75.

alot of people boo because they dont like a certain fighter, i mean i know the aspects of the training and the huge amount of dedication it takes but i still give the finger to tito ortiz when he shows up on TV

Thats true, but usually if they're unknown fighters, and it hits the ground..then comes the BOO....but yeah i kno what you mean
August 27, 2007 @ 02:42 PM
liquidlexus

yeah pretty much thinking the same thing, i hate when ppl start booing when fighters are battling on the ground when they dont understand the bjj game, sometimes it takes time and patience to get in the right position or score a submission. they expect everything to be a slugfest war, which dont get me wrong, its great. but this is mma and all aspects should be included.

onto another note, lets strip steroid shark of the LW title and put it up for grabs. id say BJ Penn should definatley be one competitor, anyone have a idea who would be a good matchup for him? honestly i dont think anyone is close to his ability, but id like to see a Penn v. Roger Huerta for the strap.
August 27, 2007 @ 03:19 PM
pkdollabills

griffin v. bonnar 1 is the main reason that TUF fans hate shit going to the ground.
August 27, 2007 @ 04:09 PM
James Bond 007

griffin v. bonnar 1 is the main reason that TUF fans hate shit going to the ground.

Griffin Bonnar 1 was one of the greatest fights of all MMA.

I got it on my comp if anyone wants it..
August 27, 2007 @ 05:40 PM
jaymucks

Whats actually 75? the event in Anaheim?

Nooo...ufc 75 is in London which will be free. UFC 76 is in Anaheim.
August 27, 2007 @ 06:18 PM
pkdollabills

onto another note, lets strip steroid shark of the LW title and put it up for grabs. id say BJ Penn should definatley be one competitor, anyone have a idea who would be a good matchup for him? honestly i dont think anyone is close to his ability, but id like to see a Penn v. Roger Huerta for the strap.

nate diaz won the shot on TUF so have him fight BJ and get worked
August 27, 2007 @ 07:33 PM
liquidlexus

i think when nate won tuf, he got a contract with the ufc not a automatic title shot.
August 27, 2007 @ 07:34 PM
jaymucks

Damn, Big Nog will tear him apart.. I just see all these modern day fighters who are SO talented and were bred to fight and have taken down or fought alot of big names in PRIDE and then to see them being matched V Couture, I dont think he has a chance.

lol @ pride nuthuggers....I especially hate those who think anyone who has competed in Pride will automatically win against the UFC fighter. Nah bro..it aint like that. Remember, anything can happen in MMA.

Watch, Fedor will have his first loss in the UFC. That's my guess.
August 28, 2007 @ 10:37 AM
Intriago

BTW, any of you guys go to Sherdog?

Yes sir.
I will be at '75, tickets came through last week smile

Anyone have footage of the undercard fights of '74?
August 28, 2007 @ 12:11 PM
Intriago

I just got through watching the undercard, and Babalu is back! He was ruthless in his victory over Heath, even holding onto the choke for a good few seconds after the tap.
Sections of the crowd were clearly not happy, and you could hear some dude screaming at Sobral - "let go of the choke, you fuckin asshole!".

I'll paste my comments from another forum:

Randy, god damn, I feared when the distanced opened up - even though Randy struck more decisively - but Gonzaga looks like king kong, I wouldnt want no piece of that dude, Randy's game plan was spot on, and that slam was incredible, and for me that tipped the fight.
Gonzaga is for real though, even though he lost this one, I can't see many fighters getting him in close contact like Randy did, and that's when Gabe is going to strike to finish.

Cote was an upset for sure, Huerta did his job again, and Stevenson got a good win over a tough, but poorly conditioned Pellegrino.

Overall a strong card, I feel much more satisfied than I did after '73.
August 28, 2007 @ 01:17 PM
pkdollabills

i think when nate won tuf, he got a contract with the ufc not a automatic title shot.

the rules of tuf are you get a contract and title shot i thought
August 28, 2007 @ 04:33 PM
liquidlexus

the rules of tuf are you get a contract and title shot i thought

its either/or.

the previous TUF was for a six figure contract, whereas TUF:comeback was for a automatic title shot at the middleweight or welterweight title, no 6 figure contract.
August 28, 2007 @ 05:25 PM
pkdollabills

ah thanks for clearing that up
August 28, 2007 @ 06:35 PM
liquidlexus

^anytime.

damn i cannot wait for the Rampage v. Hendo match....who do you guys got?
August 28, 2007 @ 07:18 PM
jaymucks

^anytime.

damn i cannot wait for the Rampage v. Hendo match....who do you guys got?

Page..hands down

Please login first to reply.