Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 29, 2011 @ 02:10 AM
ThatPatP

141 on Friday.

I got Overeem via Uber-knee/destruction.

What'chall feelin'?

patxpeterson.com | youmaddoggy.com

December 29, 2011 @ 02:47 AM
GXNDXLF

Overeem via whatever he wants...

By the way, I'm currently living and training MMA in Brazil , here is a video I made of an upcoming fighter at our academy, 16 years old, Brazilian freestyle wrestling champion , 8 amateur fights, some against adults, 8 victories...

Its my first tryout, more videos will follow soon, I'm working on a mini-docu about the gym.
January 6, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
Kayv

Great fight by Nathan Diaz and Donald Cerrone! Diaz's boxing and pace was just too much for Cerrone. The way the Diaz brothers fight just really wears out their opponents. Nathan Diaz now holds the Compustrike record for most accurate strikes in an MMA fight with his punches landing with an 80% accuracy. I believe his brother Nick holds the record for most strikes thrown in a fight. Truly relentless warriors.

The buildup for the fight was great. All the shit talking, pushing, cowboy hat flipping, etc. The fight lived up to the hype and that's no surprise. After the fight it was great to see the two fighters show respect and be cool with one another. Nathan told us he did a lot of the trash talking for media hype because they see the Diaz bros. as "bad guys" so he justy played the part.

Another part is that the Diaz bros. don't agree with "being friends" before the fight but they'll be cool with you after. Examples can be seen with Nick vs. Daley. So much shit talking and beef but after the fight they take pics together. According to Frank Shamrock, Diaz was the most respectful fighter he faced despite getting flipped off and all that. After the fight Diaz put his hand out to help Shamrock up. Shamrock said he couldn't get up cuz his broken ribs. Diaz replied "You have too, you're a legend. It's just that their prefight antics get a lot of attention.
January 15, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
Glaq

screamed like a little girl when paul harris went for the takedown.. u just know its over from there
January 15, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
WOLFdayz

Aldo cool
January 15, 2012 @ 01:01 PM
PRBLM

Aldo cool

Yep. The man is insane and those knees are automatic.
January 23, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
dmwalking

RIP HB. I miss this thread. It used to be pretty poppin.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 26, 2012 @ 09:30 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

^ i cant stand this dipshit interviewer lol

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/25/2735179/ufc-on-fox-2-chael-sonnen-fake-belt-kenny-rice-ufc-video
cant link the 2nd vid of chael interview so fuck it. click the link
CHAEL SONNEN IS GOIN TO CRUSH BISPING.
I GOT RASHAD AND MAIA TO WIN

http://itsfightingstupid.blogspot.com/2012/01/arianny-celeste-doing-what-she-does.html
^ good gawd arianny <3

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

January 29, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
theh00d

Few mins before the main card I'll say

Evans
Sonnen
Maia

eh 2nd round in: Weidman probably got this. Unless Maia gets a submission.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

January 29, 2012 @ 03:15 PM
lihp

RIP HB. I miss this thread. It used to be pretty poppin.

word. first time checking in in months. i miss scotty. anyway the fox fights fucking sucked ass.
February 4, 2012 @ 11:57 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

i love both Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit.... and i expect this to be one of the greatest fights of 2012 already...

however there can be only 1 winner and i give the edge to Nick Diaz.

i see werdum winning the fight against roy nelson but why do i get this odd feeling that it's going to be a lackluster fight? well i truly hope it wont.

* OFF TOPIC, Badr Hari aka the badboy has retired from the kickboxing competion in order to pursue the boxing career. sad Sad but i wish him well!

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

February 5, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
theh00d

Disappointed in the fights last night....wasn't entertaining

Some of you guys might not agree with me, but I don't believe the Diaz v Condit was a robbery.
Yeah clearly the Natural born killer was being a bitch and backpedaled the entire fight, but he reminded calm and stuck to the gameplan despite the taunting, which won Carlos the decision.
I'm still laughing though at the bitchslap
Initially, I was pissed off because I wanted Nick to win, but Carlos played smart.
Don't hate the fighter, hate the system....
I hope for a rematch though where Condit would actually come to fight, but as of now its whatever.

Roy nelson's missed punch was some funny ass shit lol.
Werdum v. Mir next?

Mike Pierce v. Koscheck
I felt Pierce won that fight...
Koscheck should of been deducted a point for open palm/eye poking after countless warnings.

I still don't think Barao or Poirer is ready for a title shot yet..too soon.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

February 8, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
Kayv

Here is my unbiased opinion on the fight. Before I get into my breakdown let me just say yes, I can see how Condit won in the eyes of the judges, but that's not really a compliment. Cecil Peoples is the worse judge in MMA, if you don't know about his stupid calls look up the various threads started about him on sherdog or mma.tv. He's infamous for being extremely shitty and has the worse judging in the history of MMA. I do believe that already the judges were against Diaz. They don't like him for talking while fighting, they have a bias against him.

I had Diaz winning rounds 1, 2, and 5. He was the aggressor, he attempted to finish the fight, he had ring control, he was never in danger. In my opinion Diaz also had the strikes that counted the most.

A lot of what Condit did was flash, and the majority of it didn't land. Also a lot of what he did were leg jabs. This isn't a point sparring match. "Touches" count for very little. It was like he was measuring distance with his kick jabs. Yes, Condit landed some great strikes but they were few and far between. Condit turned has back and RAN several times. There's a difference between stick and move and throw something that touches, then run away. Stick and move is Machida, Anderson SIlva, Ali, etc. Kaleb Starnes got kicked out of the UFC for doing what Condit did. Condit is a great fighter but I think he's being given game plans that will hurt his legacy, much like what happened to GSP when he was training under Jackson.

If you read my various posts in this thread, you will see that I have complained about the Greg Jackson camp before. There fighters have been caught for greasing and even DQ'd for it before. A reliable source has said that they have taken oil baths the night before a fight then when they sweat hard during the fight, some oil sweats out from their pores. If you listen to the Diaz corner and even watch, you see that they pour water on Condit but do not wipe it off. The Diaz camp had to constantly tell the ref about this and Condit went into a round slippery with water. Finally the ref has Condit wiped down. My point here being, this is just another example of how the Jackson camp tries to win my any means necessary. "Cheating," and fighting to not lose. Look what it did to GSP, he lost TONS of fans and the media questioned him. At the end it's the fighters' legacy that suffers. I don't hate the Jackson camp as a whole, in fact in a fan of some of their fighters. However I still stick to what I said about them.

Here's a transcript of Diaz's corner. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/6/2776193/greasing-with-water-the-tragic-almost-complete-transcript-of-what-was

Joe Rogan was pretty biased in his commentary during the fight pretty much talking about how great Condit was doing but last night on his podcast he said he rewatched the fight and has Nick clearly winning. Most MMA fighters have Nick winning. Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, Mark Munoz, etc.

Josh Kosheck has left AKA. He said it's due to Javier Mendez only and he's still cool with everyone else. He said Javier throws fighters under the bus if he isn't happen with their performance or if they didn't stick to the game plan and he's too much about money. I agree with what Koscheck says. There is an online AKA reality show and you see Javier Mendez talk too much about money, fighters making money for the gym, how he focuses on the fighters who have promise/can make him money, etc. He puts Phil Baroni on the backburner and Phil posted on Sherdog he doesn't like how he was portrayed. I look down on gyms like this... Yes they're gyms with great fighters, one of the top gyms in all of MMA, but they recruit fighters instead of building them and they operate like a Wal-Mart where as other gyms are mom and pops; they build fighters out of normal people and they're a family. At AKA the gym closes to the public when the fighters train. At places like Gilbert Melendez's or Cesars, you're in there with the pros. I respect a lot of AKA fighters and the ones I have met are great people but I fully understand Kosheck. Due to his performance, if he was to stay at AKA, he would most likely not be given 100% by the gym/trainers because Javier doesn't see Kosheck and winning the belt.
February 8, 2012 @ 09:34 AM
R.

Respect to Condit for accepting the rematch but that nigga gonna get fucked up by Nick. cool
February 8, 2012 @ 09:38 AM
jaded

Josh Kosheck has left AKA.

I wonder how they're going to handle that because Koscheck opened an AKA here in town a year or two ago.

I just watched the fights for the first time tonight, so I may need to rewatch the Diaz/Condit fight, but my initial impression is that Diaz only won rounds 1 and 2. Dana White tells them not to let it get to a decision, so if Diaz is that upset about it maybe it's time for him to quit all the antics and talking in the ring and just fight. I don't like the Diaz brothers because I think they're poor sports and I don't think they show a lot of class inside or outside the ring.

Overall the prelims had way more action than the main card, along with one of the best head kick knockouts I've seen in a while.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 8, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
Kayv

Kosheck opened up that gym, it's his. I'm sure he has to pay some type of fee to AKA for using their name but at the end of the day, he opened up that gym on his own. He said he will most likely change the name.
February 8, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
blair

Yes I think GSP is jusy way too skilled to not climb his way back up. Yes it’s his fault he came into the Serra fight over confident, and did get hit hard.

Boot Camp San Diego

February 10, 2012 @ 09:34 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana............ There goes the rematch down the drain. personally cannabis doesnt benefit anyone in the fighting so it shouldnt be illegal however i guess the rules are rules after all.

so fucking bummed out about this. possibly the biggest fight in his career and now what? sad

Ben Dishman Vs Michael Page [UCMMA]

February 10, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
jaded

Isn't that the second time he has been in trouble for that?

February 10, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
Kayv

He beat the #1 ranked LW at the time then it got turned into a no contest. One of the best MMA fights ever.
February 11, 2012 @ 09:35 AM
Joweee

Ben Dishman Vs Michael Page [UCMMA]
lmao. this nigga is tight. does he fight all his fights like this?
February 12, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
It's Only Hype

Diaz tested positive for mj again? :facepalm:
February 12, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
jaded

Supposedly he has a medical marijuana card and smokes because he has ADHD and bad anxiety, but that doesn't fly with athletic commissions.

February 16, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
theh00d

http://mmaspartan.com/2012/02/15/ufc-cage-girl-brittney-palmer%E2%80%99s-march-2012-playboy-pictures-revealed-nsfw/

nsfw

Also got ellenberger wining tonight,

February 24, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
jaded

Bump for 144 cool

February 25, 2012 @ 12:46 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

For tomorrow's event. I got Sexyama lmao

I got Rampage via TKO.

I got Benson by close decision.

For Mark Hunt vs. Kongo... I'm rooting for Hunto but I get a feeling that Kongo is gonna wrestle him and eventually get the RNC.

It's going to be fuckin awesome event. i can already feel it :D

February 25, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
lihp

Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon *I got Lauzon by sub
Featherweight bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski *could care less but I got Hioki
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch *Okami
Welterweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields *Sexyama
Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo *Kongo by ground and pound
Catchweight (211 lb) bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader *Rampage by decision
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Ben Henderson *Bendo by TKO
February 25, 2012 @ 05:03 PM
theh00d

^ Same picks, but I say Ben by Sub
Also Rampage missed weight.

February 25, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
lihp

he missed it because he got hurt and couldnt do cardio. he pushed through it so he could fight in japan so i give him props for that.
February 26, 2012 @ 07:32 AM
jaded

Pretty good fights. I went to my friends house to watch the undercards and the main card so I've had like 5 straight hours of UFC.

Please login first to reply.