Anyone here MMA fan?

November 08, 2011 @ 20:03:35
Cain is a different fighter from the one who fought Kongo. If I had to pick I'd pick Cain because of his non stop pace, unrelenting attack, superior wrestling, and never ending cardio.

But the truth is, it's anyone's fight. Cain's never fought a guy with JDS combo. Top teir boxing with great TDD. People say we haven't see JDS' TDD. That's partially because his footwork part of his TDD. Much like Dominic Cruz. His footwork is what helps him avoid TD's. Same with JDS. Dudes can never quite settle in for a good shot because his footwork is good. But I think Cain has an answer for that.

On the other hand, JDS has never faced a guy like Cain before. Excellent boxing with Superior wrestling. Here he faces a guy with just as much (if not more) speed. A great working knowledge of boxing. The ability to take anyone down. And a relentless attack.

Neither one of these guys has faced anyone like each other. It's all about who can impose their will the best. I'm favoring Cain just because historically, wrestlers have defeated strikers in Championship fights. And if Chael (as much as I don't like him) would've known how to defend against a triangle, he'd be the current champ.

Cain's jaw is questionable though. He recovers well, though. But JDS's TDD might be the winning factor if he hurts Cain how Kongo hurt him. Kongo just went down. I don't see JDS going down as easy. Tool box for tool box, I feel that Cain has the more complete and dangerous tool box. JDS can get the KO. I'll go ape if that happens. But I honestly have Cain winning via TKO after tiring Cigano out and laying down some mean GnP until the ref stops it.

Couldn't agree more that pretty much sums up the fight. At the end of the day the great part about this is that this fight is so even that anyone could win it. Goin wit Cain doe
November 09, 2011 @ 03:26:57
dmwalking
No way in hell Kenneth can make Bantam. Dude almost dies every time he makes FW.

It was a joke. I used to be a big Kenflo fan until he pulled what I consider a fag move. Everytime someone loses a title shot they wanna drop weight. SMH. Just get better. Kenny, just stop choking and have some damn confidence, and get a better coaching staff who can give you IN FIGHT ADVICE! Dude has one plan and if it doesn't work he starts to look like he's gonna cry and he has no plan B. SMH.

But yeah, it was a joke.

They'd give him another title shot if he worked his way back to it. But he took the cheap way. Try to cut weight to be the bigger man. I knew he couldn't beat Aldo. He barely beat Nunes. Kenny has skill man. He's got a mental and coaching problem. But the way 155 and 145 is looking, Kenny will not be champ.

Oh.

Well, there's no way they could rationalize giving him another shot at LW, so moving down was the only logical move if he wanted to compete for a belt. Now that he lost, all he has available are superfights.

HB stands for Help Beast. Currently supporting the supportive movement.

November 13, 2011 @ 01:53:28
Ben Henderson my nigga! Threw up the dynasty sign and errthang.
November 13, 2011 @ 01:57:24
s/o to the blazian wit the win. that fight was too crazy
November 13, 2011 @ 02:45:38
WOWWWW holy shit Dos Santos is a freak wasn't even close
November 13, 2011 @ 03:03:45
Killa
November 13, 2011 @ 07:27:17
Damn JDS won me quite the $ tonight. smokeyface
November 13, 2011 @ 10:41:55
what i say smokeyface
November 14, 2011 @ 01:50:31
Overeem is gunna tap dat ass doe. Just watch it's gunna start wit Brock first.
November 14, 2011 @ 09:32:17
the block is disappointed in Cain, but he'll be back..
November 17, 2011 @ 09:33:01
http://youtu.be/B_LUaHiLruE
LMAOOOOO. Damn Chael lolol

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

November 20, 2011 @ 06:11:02
Rua vs. Hendo

Fight of the fuckin' year. Rua got robbed though, imo. But that fight was amazing.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

November 20, 2011 @ 06:59:48
Amazing fight and Shogun showed tons of heart. I think it should have been a draw but Hendo dominated the earlier rounds and I thought him winning was ok. Would love to see a rematch.
November 20, 2011 @ 21:40:10
dmwalking
I feel like Shogun won that fight but I judge a fight's overall picture. I understand the judges gave Hendo 3 rounds to 2 and Shogun should've gone for an armbar (Hendo was practically giving it away in the 5th round) and not let it go to the judges. Either way, the fight was one of the greatest fights I've ever seen in my life.

War WAND!! Wow! He was getting outstruck the whole time. Almost got finished. And just gritted his teeth, stuck it out, and finished the fading Le. Great performance. I'm hella happy for him. Glad to see him using his knees again.

Faber looked impressive too. Now he's starting to out strike strikers man. Honestly, I feel like he can beat Cruz if he adjusts his game plan a bit better. Last time he kept looking for the counter for the KO and ended up getting outpointed without taking much damage despite knocking Cruz down twice. If he gets a smarter game plan, I could see him being champ again.

The whole night was actually pretty damned good. Best card since UFC Brazil IMO.

November 21, 2011 @ 01:55:13
Kayv
Amazing card. I watched it in San Jose and was the only person at Dave & Busters rooting for Wand. Fuck a Cung Le with his super protected MMA "career."

Also I'm back to training full time which is hard as fuck cuz I work full time as well. Gilbert Melendez is training super hard for his upcoming fight on December 17. After he defends his title it's on to the UFC YEEEE!
November 21, 2011 @ 02:21:47
dmwalking
Amazing card. I watched it in San Jose and was the only person at Dave & Busters rooting for Wand. Fuck a Cung Le with his super protected MMA "career."

Also I'm back to training full time which is hard as fuck cuz I work full time as well. Gilbert Melendez is training super hard for his upcoming fight on December 17. After he defends his title it's on to the UFC YEEEE!

Nah Cung was def out striking him. But Wand showed a lot of heart and just out lasted him until homie got tired and then axe murdered him!

November 22, 2011 @ 04:12:19
I'll just leave this right here (this shit is high-larious)........

patxpeterson.com | youmaddoggy.com

November 27, 2011 @ 00:14:07
November 27, 2011 @ 22:43:19
HOLY SHIT smokeyface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-uyRzpNqs8
November 29, 2011 @ 05:19:10
dmwalking

gorgeous rubber guard work. Crazy how he held onto the omoplata while he went for the RNC. Good post.

December 08, 2011 @ 20:11:47
Apparrently, torn acl for GSP. SMFH.
Diaz vs Condit for interim welterweight title.
December 09, 2011 @ 04:55:18
condit vs diaz does impose a more interesting fight though
December 11, 2011 @ 05:13:27
jaded
really good card tonight smokeyface

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 11, 2011 @ 08:49:41
was there any decisions tonight?
but damn machida got choked the fuck out. shit was too funny.
December 11, 2011 @ 18:21:44
^ Ya the split decision between Claude Patrick and Brian Ebersole, which I thought Patrick should of won.

Mark Hominick went in there too confident and underestimated his opponent. The Korean Zombie smokeyface

Rip Tito and Big Nog..

It was good night for Machida. =(
December 11, 2011 @ 21:24:58
jaded
Tito will get one more fight to finish out his contract I think, but Big Nog might be done.

I really don't know who could stop Jon Jones right now, the guy is a beast. Maybe Anderson Silva?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 11, 2011 @ 21:38:18
oh lawd. that was a great card.
December 12, 2011 @ 00:53:26
Nobody can stop Jon Jones I knew Machida was gunna be crushed nd i dont understand why people think anyones is gunna beat this kid. Bones is just too long and athletic to lose. Future GOAT imo. Great card doe crazy to see Nog get submitted, nobody saw that comin i bet. I didn't really think Tito had a shot in this fight. Stylistically, this was just a bad match up overall and I think they need to give tito someone small so he can end his career strong. I like him but he's just physically done. Ebersole fight was boring imo, but I had Patrick winning. w/e doe. Nd Hominick got KTFO, back to the drawing board for that kid.
December 12, 2011 @ 01:18:40
ufc has been on a role as of late. in other news brittany palmer is going to be in playboy smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface
December 12, 2011 @ 03:08:07
dmwalking
Nobody can stop Jon Jones I knew Machida was gunna be crushed nd i dont understand why people think anyones is gunna beat this kid. Bones is just too long and athletic to lose. Future GOAT imo. Great card doe crazy to see Nog get submitted, nobody saw that comin i bet. I didn't really think Tito had a shot in this fight. Stylistically, this was just a bad match up overall and I think they need to give tito someone small so he can end his career strong. I like him but he's just physically done. Ebersole fight was boring imo, but I had Patrick winning. w/e doe. Nd Hominick got KTFO, back to the drawing board for that kid.

UFC judges score takedowns too much. I feel that whoever had the greater threat of finishing should have the advantage. Patrick had multiple sub attempts that were tight. I can see how they judged the way they did, I just wished they judged differently.

^
Mark Hominick went in there too confident and underestimated his opponent. The Korean Zombie smokeyface

Rip Tito and Big Nog..

It was good night for Machida. =(

Yeah, Hominick played himself. Nog made mistake after mistake after having Mir in serious trouble. Mir capitalized and he earned that win. Nog played himself.

As for Jones, what can I say that hasn't been said already? smokeyface

Please login first to reply.
x