Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 8, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
Kayv

I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrows event. Bunch of great fights on that card and I believe Jose Also is the most skilled MMA fighter currently. I'm rooting for Edgar, IMO it's just hard not to. He's the smaller guy, the underdog, and I like how he presents himself. I know I'll get flamed for this but I think that Maynard, despite one of the strongest LW's out there, is a little bit overrated. Gonna be a hard fight for both guys though.

Yeah it's true that Dana wants Gil in the UFC ASAP as soon as he finishes his last title defense in StrikeForce. He's one of the top LW's, has a family now, just opened up a new gym, and has cleaned out his weight class outside of the UFC so the move makes sense and he's earned a larger pay check.

A lot of people are thinking that Gil will roll over Jorge Masvidal with ease but IMO it has potential to be a tough fight. I've followed Gil's career and train at his school so I feel I have somewhat of a legit opinion on this. When others were thinking he would get tapped by Aoki, I knew he wouldn't. When others thought he would get beaten by Kawajiri or that it would be a tough fight, I knew Gil would easily beat him. However this fight has me a little bit worried. For one, he is getting a lot more media attention, he also has the pressure of the UFC on him. Because of these things he has certain obligations he has to fulfill like flying out for media shit. Another thing is you can be sure that Jorge Masvidal wants this win REALLY bad. It's over a top 5 LW, he's about to be in the UFC, and it's for the SF LW belt. Jorge is going to bring it for sure. I know Gil won't be taking him lightly however.
October 8, 2011 @ 04:41 AM
randysav

just realized how exciting the stacked card is for tommorow. gonna be some great fights.iam pumped.
October 8, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

* idk how to do the BOLD font so imma just use this symbol * for the winner

Facebook Preliminaries

*Steve Cantwell (186) vs. Mike Massenzio (185)
*Aaron Simpson (186) vs. Eric Schafer (185.5)
Darren Elkins (145) vs. *Zhang Tie Quan (146)
Joey Beltran (245) vs. Stipe Miocic (236)

Spike TV Preliminaries

*Anthony Pettis (154.5) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156)
Demian Maia (185) vs. *Jorge Santiago (185) ---- as much as I want Maia to win, i dont think he can win by decision nor by submission. Jorge went through 5 rounds before, he's good complete fighter, and Maia doesnt have KO power to KO Jorge

Pay-Per-View Main Card

*Melvin Guillard (155.5) vs. Joe Lauzon (155.5)
Leonard Garcia (145) vs. *Nam Phan (145) ------ I hope leonard gets cut after this loss
Chael Sonnen (185) vs. *Brian Stann (186)------ this is personally a difficult pick for me cuz i luv both of these fighters. I hope Brian can finish otherwise Chael is taking this.
*Jose Aldo (145) vs. Kenny Florian (145)----- i can see Kenny folding after 2 rounds n eventually get TKOd
*Frankie Edgar (154.5) vs. Gray Maynard (155)

* Frankie's quick movements n great endurance can keep him as a champ. However U can't ignore the power of Gray as well as his bigger size. I made a prediction based on the last fight. Who controlled the majority of the fight? I believe it was Frankie.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 9, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
$$$$$

B)
Crazy card tonight
October 9, 2011 @ 03:37 AM
theh00d

Damn can't believe melvin got sub like that(back to the drawing broad), but nice win from lauzon

And oh shit, Chael! Says if he win in a rematch against anderson; anderson leaves the division. If he lose he leave the ufc.

I don't know how I feel about Jose's performance tonight but eh... Sucks to be florian...

Impressive from Edgar, damn I thought maynard would finished him in round 1.
Edgar just wouldn't go out and adjusted throughout the other rounds.
The tables turned and edgar got him. Good shit!

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

October 9, 2011 @ 03:58 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Amazing card.

I'm impressed with Pettis. I can tell he wanted to strike, but once Jeremy took him down he realized he had to play the UFC game. He played the game and he won. I wish he would've been able to strike more, but I'm glad that he learned that being on your back is not where you want to be in the UFC no matter how aggressive you are off your back.

Maia, meh.

Nam Phan put on a great performance. Beautiful combos. Great composure. Leonard put on an entertaining fight. It was a knock out drag out fight.

Very disappointed in Guillard. Dude got too cocky on the feet and forgot that one punch can change everything. Back to the drawing board.

Chael, I don't like the guy at all, but I had a feeling. He's just too good. And he actually looked like he's improved. He stopped doing that BS grinding for 3 rounds and decided to finish. I'm actually impressed with this evolution.

Jose.....I feel like he can do better. Kenny's takedowns def made him 2nd guess. Which sucks because Jose had to play the UFC game. But either way, he still looked crisp against a much bigger fighter. LOL @ Kenny though. Thought he could just drop weight and get a belt. Drop down to bantam now. LOL.

Now DAMN. HOW ABOUT EDGAR! I can't doubt this dude anymore man. I doubted him with BJ. Figured he got lucky the first time. The second one BJ had a bad strategy. I gave him props on the Maynard recovery, but I figured he'd just get KO'd again and he doesn't have KO power to finish it. So round one I'm like, yup.....then I'm like, WTF this kid is the toughest MF'er in the UFC hands down. Then round 2-4 I'm like wow, dejavu. Pure repeat. I'm thinking Frankie would get the decision. THen BLAOW and once I saw how that uppercut connect, I knew it was over and all I could do is just give homie huge props. That kid is legit and I will never doubt him again. WOW.
October 9, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
Joweee

Dana thinks Edgar is #2 P4P. Ahead of GSP.
October 9, 2011 @ 09:47 PM
Kayv

lol Lauzon called it by sub in all his interviews and got it under 1 min. amazing. I really like the guy too. I remember a few years back on the mma forums he has a thread where people posted computer problems and he helped them out.

Guillard's biggest opponent is himself. Dude gets caught with coke in his system, gets caught greasing, burns bridges with former friends, gets cocky as fuck, etc. Not to take anything away from Joe because he did hit Guillard with those shots which led up to the sub but Melvin did look a bit cocky.

What a dumbass game plan by Florian. He tried pulling that same shit when he fought BJ Penn. The good 'ol wall and stall. "Hey it worked for Randy Couture, it should work for me too!" You can't take someone down so you hold them against the fence despite them having punched you a shit load more than you punched them. If you're not doing anything to the person, I don't see the benefit of holding them against the cage when all you're doing is wasting energy. Joe Rogan during the Penn fight said it was a good idea for Kenny and he seemed to like it for this fight too...

I can't think of a fighter out there with more heart than Edgar besides Sakuraba. Maynard is strong and hits hard as fuck but doesn't lad a lot of strikes throughout a fight. I think he may have gotten a decision or two for landing a couple big shots and just winging shots despite them missing. The judges see him and think "wow he's throwing hard, he's really going for it!" and give him the round despite him eating dozens of jabs and shit.

I watched the fights at Hooter's and I was the only person rooting for Chael. Even my gf wanted him to lose. Ever since Chael became a "bad guy" I've liked him however this was the first fight of his where I wanted him to win. The guy is so over the top and says the craziest shit that he somehow made me a fan. He and Jake Shields trained for a bit out here in Cali and I think that really showed in that fight. He past guard, kept getting mount, then got the arm triangle for the finish. Chael says he doesn't train BJJ cuz it's homosexual and Team Quest is known for their lack of submission knowledge but I guess Training with Jake at Cesar Gracie's school helped him.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Yeah kayv I noticed it too. that was textbook Jake Shields mixed with dirty boxing. I was impressed.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Yeah kayv I noticed it too. that was textbook Jake Shields mixed with dirty boxing. I was impressed.
October 10, 2011 @ 09:24 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

- Joe always finishes fight in 1st round lolol. he's fucking badass man.

- Chael cool cool cool his positing is so superior n fluid. Very very impressed with his performance as well as his post interview lmao. I like the idea of Chael training with great grapplers like Okami [judo + wrestling] and Jake [BJJ + wrestling + submission]

- Edgar can take some punishments. dat heart of lion

- I also wished Petits would came out more aggressive especially on the feet. but after getting shutdown with the great wrestler like Clay. He worked on it n it showed.

- i agree with what Kayv said. Kenny should've done what he knows the best. BJJ and Striking. Didnt really utilize his reach advantage either. I do agree with what Dana said Kenny chokes in the big fights. I'm still his fan tho. Jose knew Kenny is a smart fighter so he had to fight smart too. i dont blame him. More exciting than GSP

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 10, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I'm a fan of Kenny's skill. In matches like against Guida, Gomi, Joe Daddy, etc....he's a good ass fighter. I just don't like his mind set, game planning, or coaching.

Like, my man, instead of dropping weight, why don't you just work on being better? Why don't you just work on improving? My man probably thought he'd just drop weight and get an easy title. He needs to go back up to 155 and patch his holes. He also needs a sports psych. Dude defeats himself. You can see it in his eyes. If things don't go according to plan, he loses his bearings. But then you have bad coaches who just yell shit at you and give bad advice between rounds. Like, dude, if the gameplan ain't working, it's time for a plan b. That plan b can either be formulated in the gym, or on the spot after you start noticing the opponents habits.

Like, remember when Pat Curran KO'd Marlon Sandro after being owned the whole fight? Curran's corner started to notice a pattern in Marlon's head movement so they told Pat to throw a combo and throw that head kick after he moves to his right....BOOM! KO. That's what coaches should be doing. They should be seeing what you don't see so that you can adapt mid fight should you be having any trouble with any aspect. Kenny's team didn't seem to have any advice.
October 10, 2011 @ 12:47 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I'm still blown by Edgar though. I know this game so well man....I knew Edgar could win...but damn son, the WAY he won...just wow kid. I am now a fan. No longer a doubter. I honestly can't wait to see him fight again. 155 is overflowing dude.
October 10, 2011 @ 01:37 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

oh, BTW, Machida and Jones is on for UFC 140.
October 12, 2011 @ 10:51 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DoYxjRwP0&feature=player_embedded#!

LMAO @ this UFC 136 Chael Sonnen interview haha

October 13, 2011 @ 03:56 AM
Snapples

<p>oh, BTW, Machida and Jones is on for UFC 140.</p>

wish it was Evans and Jones =/
October 13, 2011 @ 07:25 AM
Joweee

Evans is still injured?
October 14, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

<p>Evans is still injured?</p>

Yup. Dislocated his thumb pretty bad it seems.
October 19, 2011 @ 04:33 AM
Kayv

Now that GSP is injured and can't fight, the Penn vs Diaz fight is the main event and NEEDS to be 5 rounds. Dana is stupid if he doesn't do it.
October 21, 2011 @ 03:01 AM
Mickeyo64

Dana isn't making the main event 5 rounds because Penn and Diaz weren't training for that long of a fight, it's a shame but the reality of it. I'm really debating on whether I'm going to buy this card or not because there's only 1 fight worth seeing and that's the main event.

People are giving Diaz wayyyy too much credit. I don't have a problem with him but the dude has been fighting cans in StrikeForce for a while this is a huge step up for him and how is he going to handle the pressure of being back in the UFC when he can't even make the conferences? Penn is still relavant nd hes fucking nasty. He's always been one of of my favorite fighters and I feel like Penn is on a right track in his career again. I feel he has better BJJ skills as well as better striking, as well as a better chin because we all know that Penn just doesn't go down...ever..so with that said I feel like it's going to be Penn by w/e he wants.

The rest of the card of really don't give a shit about tbh..
October 21, 2011 @ 03:28 AM
theh00d

^ What about the hatsu hioki ufc debut!?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

October 22, 2011 @ 12:33 AM
Kayv

<p>Dana isn’t making the main event 5 rounds because Penn and Diaz weren’t training for that long of a fight, it’s a shame but the reality of it. I’m really debating on whether I’m going to buy this card or not because there’s only 1 fight worth seeing and that’s the main event.</p>
<p>People are giving Diaz wayyyy too much credit. I don’t have a problem with him but the dude has been fighting cans in StrikeForce for a while this is a huge step up for him and how is he going to handle the pressure of being back in the UFC when he can’t even make the conferences? Penn is still relavant nd hes fucking nasty. He’s always been one of of my favorite fighters and I feel like Penn is on a right track in his career again. I feelhe has better BJJ skills as well as better striking, as well as a better chin because we all know that Penn just doesn’t go down…ever..so with that said I feel like it’s going to be Penn by w/e he wants.</p>
<p>The rest of the card of really ......

Diaz trained for more than 3 rounds as he does every fight. Non lazy fighters train for more than 3 rounds its fuckin common sense. It's gonna be a good fight no matter who the winner is give the fans what they want. And people need to get off Bjs nuts and diaz's nuts. Every post is either diaz by w/e he wants or Penn by w/e he wants, followed by a diss to the other fighter. Shits dumb as fuck and holds no weight in an intelligent mma discussion.
October 22, 2011 @ 06:38 AM
dmwalking

I got Diaz winning via cardio. Real talk. I want BJ to win. I know he has the tools. All except one. A gas tank. The think about Nick, his pace is just non stop. BJ will gas by the middle of round 2 if he can't finish Nick.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 22, 2011 @ 06:38 AM
dmwalking

I got Diaz winning via cardio. Real talk. I want BJ to win. I know he has the tools. All except one. A gas tank. The think about Nick, his pace is just non stop. BJ will gas by the middle of round 2 if he can't finish Nick.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 28, 2011 @ 04:11 AM
theh00d

Some muay thai shit
Crazy Knockout last friday!
Skip to 9mins or some if you don't want to want whole thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlpNc5LOOw

This is a 115lb fight and I heard the thai guy, who got knocked out cold for like 6 mins was said to be 18...but may actually be only 15-16.

October 29, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
randysav

penn....diaz. so pumped for this fight........just seen the weigh inn. got my predictions set.
October 29, 2011 @ 09:46 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

*THE WINNER IS THE ONE WITH +

Main Card

+Nick Diaz (170) vs. B.J. Penn (169): Both men were separated quickly after a chin-to-forehead square off.
Cheick Kongo (234) vs. +Matt Mitrione (255)
Mirko Filipovic (235) vs. +Roy Nelson (252): Sorry Mirko Roy doesnt get KO'd. But you have been... sad
Jeff Curran (134) vs. +Scott Jorgensen (135)
+Hatsu Hioki (145) vs. George Roop (145)

Spike TV Card
+Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Dennis Siver (155)
Tyson Griffin (149) vs. +Bart Palaszewski (146): Griffin was given 1 hour to lose three pounds.

Preliminary Card
Eliot Marshall (204) vs. +Brandon Vera (205)
Danny Downes (155) vs. Ramsey Nijem (155)
+Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Francis Carmont (185)
Dustin Jacoby (185) vs. Clifford Starks (186)

October 30, 2011 @ 03:50 AM
theh00d

As much as I wanted Hatsu Hioki to win(which he did)
I call it split decision robbery
disappointed...japanese fighters been fail...

Main event was crazy
Though I was rooting for penn, I had a feeling diaz was going to take this one.
Good fight and kind of glad it went the distance
Sad that penn called it quits, but I guess its just how it is.

October 30, 2011 @ 04:23 AM
kh

So sad when BJ said he was going to retire sad
October 30, 2011 @ 04:54 AM
Mickeyo64

wow well I was definitely wrong Diaz is for real sucks to hear about Penn retiring doe. I can't help but feel that he said it out of frustration doe, BJ doesn't really take losing that well. But wow I can't wait for Diaz to get humped to death for 5 rounds by GSP

Please login first to reply.