September 23, 2011 @ 12:12 PM
Kayv

Knee injuries suck. If it just got banged up use the RICE method or at the least ice it. If it got tweaked in anyway (hurt from movement) instead of banged, than see a doctor.

I just got hired as a writer for www.cagejunkies.com
I'll have an article up there every other week.
September 23, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
Scotty

^ Nice dude, i actually have a couple things in the works right now as well.. Not going to talk about it much cause its not set in stone but there is a couple things in next month that are most likely going to happen.. Also dont want to jinx anything either, but will post if/when they come about.. BUt thats tight man!

Define tweak, please. Because I might have. It hurts when I straighten my leg out completely or bend my knee 90degrees. And it only hurts on one side when I put weight on it.

Tweak as in it bent the wrong way.. Kinda like with your ankles if you roll em, tweak em, and just bend em in the wrong position.. Or did your knee just get slammed to the ground.. If you tweaked it, u would have stopped almost immediately cause it would have bent the wrong way which wouldnt have felt right..

I guess MusclePharm has found the spy in rampages camp yesterday! hahaha I guess the guys name was leonard but no last name was given for obvious reasons.. But they found out that Jon Jone's manager knows him and actually sent him a few pairs of K Swisses! HAHAHA But its all over now, Weigh ins are today and fight is tomorrow! U can see today that Rampage is now getting into what he calls "Rampage mode", there was no smiles, no jokes today in a interview.. Weighs in are about to get heated up today!

Still staying with my picks!!!
September 23, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
imtheman

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/ufc/8783396/UFC-135-preview-Jon-Jones-says-hes-no-cheat-and-denies-Rampage-Jackson-spying-allegations.html

Wow. Rashad's part is what stood out to me most. His opinion is valuable because he's fought Rampage and he's trained with Jones. This is the first piece that has made me doubt my pick. I'm going to have to hold my pick out of support for Jones, but this junk got me doubting. I'm mad anxious now. LOL.

That was a pretty good article.. its always best to get insight for a person who in a way is neutral, but knows both of them pretty well.
After watching the Countdowns, it did seem like Rampage was ALL business about staying fit & fight ready, so maannn.. this is a hard one to call for me?!!
I like Jones and his unique-weird approach, but just like Faber got caught being "unpredictable" against Brown, thats what I'm thinking will happen... Rampage catches Jones with a solid punch while Jones comes in with some crazy hook, spinning backfist, or Shoryuken.. then gets pounded out. I dont think Jones can stop & pound Rampage out, it'll be by decision if he wins.
September 23, 2011 @ 03:00 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Knee injuries suck. If it just got banged up use the RICE method or at the least ice it. If it got tweaked in anyway (hurt from movement) instead of banged, than see a doctor.

I just got hired as a writer for www.cagejunkies.com
I'll have an article up there every other week.

Damn dude. I'm super envious. How did you land that gig? I've been contemplating setting up an MMA blog centered on predictions. I've had a pretty solid prediction record. Like 85%. I figure maybe that can garner interest from sports betters or something? IDK. Either way, I would love to write for an MMA site.

^ Nice dude, i actually have a couple things in the works right now as well.. Not going to talk about it much cause its not set in stone but there is a couple things in next month that are most likely going to happen.. Also dont want to jinx anything either, but will post if/when they come about.. BUt thats tight man!

Tweak as in it bent the wrong way.. Kinda like with your ankles if you roll em, tweak em, and just bend em in the wrong position.. Or did your knee just get slammed to the ground.. If you tweaked it, u would have stopped almost immediately cause it would have bent the wrong way which wouldnt have felt right..

I guess MusclePharm has found the spy in rampages camp yesterday! hahaha I guess the guys name was leonard but no last name was given for obvious reasons.. But they found out that Jon Jone's manager knows him and actually sent him a few pairs of K Swisses! HAHAHA But its all over now, Weigh ins are today and fight is tomorrow! U can see today that Rampage is now getting into what he calls "Rampage mode", there was no smiles, no jokes today in a interview.. Weighs in are about to get heated up today!

Still staying with my picks!!!

I'm still doubtful that Jones is the one who set it up. Sounds more like Jones manager had an inside man.

I'm def a bit more respectful of Rampage after Rashad gave his opinion.....but I'm gonna stick to my prediction. Especially since Rashad still picked Jones to win either way. I'm going off logic and not emotion. Tool box for tool box, Jones is better. I'm sticking with him.

Also, about the knee...could it just be a sprain then? Cuz I mean, I finished training. It didn't really hurt until I woke up. And I've been able to walk on it a bit better little by little. It's just tight in both directions. I'm a keep walking it off.
September 23, 2011 @ 07:49 PM
livestok.

pulling for Rampage
September 24, 2011 @ 09:29 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

UFC 135

Main card:
Jon Jones (204.5) vs. Quinton Jackson (204) *I want to see the upset tho cool
Matt Hughes (170) vs. Josh Koscheck (170.5)
Mark Hunt (261) vs. Ben Rothwell (263)
Rob Broughton (261) vs. Travis Browne (255)
Nate Diaz (156) vs. Takanori Gomi (155) *The slight edge goes to Nate

Preliminary card:
Aaron Riley (155) vs. Tony Ferguson (155)
Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Nick Ring (185)
Junior Assuncao (145) vs. Eddie Yagin (145)
Cole Escovedo (135) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (135)
Ricardo Romero (205) vs. James Te Huna (205)

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 24, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
blutspender

Though I'll propably be watching UFC 135 I have to admit the Bellator card looks stacked:

I think Joe Warren vs. Alexis Villa has the potential to be FOTY, Villa is an excellent wrestler, at the
1996 Summer Olympics he won the bronze medal and is currently undefeated finishing all but one fight.
Wilson Reis looked great last season (until he met Freire, again) and Eduardo is a tough kid, great balanced fight. Marcos Galvao won the fight against Warren in my eyes and Beebe is a good challenge.
Should be a fun night.
September 24, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
Hamster Boy

dam jon jones actually looked at rampage straight in the eyes at the weigh ins suprised
i know ufc 135s been buzzin but did anyone watch strikeforce challengers, titan fc, or dream 17?
sakuraba gettin subbed sad i think its time for him to hang it up

SEQUENCE http://www.sequence.us

September 24, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
cebollo

anybody watch any of the ADCC matches?
September 24, 2011 @ 03:14 PM
Scotty

dam jon jones actually looked at rampage straight in the eyes at the weigh ins suprised
i know ufc 135s been buzzin but did anyone watch strikeforce challengers, titan fc, or dream 17?
sakuraba gettin subbed sad i think its time for him to hang it up

Dream had some good fights... Sakuraba needs to just hang em up, he has lost 4 straight but then again people said that about Jens and he improved his game to come back witha few wins! Cant believe Aoki subbed McCoullough in the first, atleast thought it would go abit longer.. And Hansen got subbed, he slowly getting worse..And Takeshi with head kick KO on Uno!!!

Bellator should be a good event but they arent smart for having it the same night as UFC! Especially on a night with this type of card! Ill just record it then watch it after or tomorrow AM..

Tonights the night, getting pretty pumped up for it, love routing for the underdog! Gives me more of an excitement when watching and also watching a guy u have been a fan of for a long time!
September 24, 2011 @ 03:15 PM
lihp

Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson *i love rampage but i think he's going to get wrecked sad
Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck
Mark Hunt vs. Ben Rothwell
Rob Broughton vs. Travis Browne
Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi

Prelims
Aaron Riley vs. Tony Ferguson *just because he's a friend of a friend
September 24, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
jaded

Jon Jones KO

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 24, 2011 @ 11:08 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

cool
September 24, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
kh

No lie, I think Jon Jones will be the LHW GOAT. He's just too good.
September 24, 2011 @ 11:50 PM
theh00d

Lol shit I forgot I voted

" Jones wins by submission" on mmajunkie

I wanted Rampage to win but Jones is just too good.
Shit...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

September 25, 2011 @ 12:44 PM
T2586

x2 I agreee
September 25, 2011 @ 01:53 PM
Scotty

Great night of fights!

- I have become a fan of Tim Boetch, after last night.. He dropped to 185 and is just going to keep getting better.. But what i like about him is he is a wrestler but doesnt fight like one.. He will stand with you and exchange but when he gets u to the ground, he will try to pound u out or submit u.. He wont just lay on you like these other wrestlers do.. Going to be a good contender in that division..

- Nate Diaz should stay a LW, shouldnt even think of going back up to WW.. He gets thrown around at WW but looks good at lw.. Didnt expect him to get a sub!

- The HW fights, they all gassed! hahaha Browne gassed after the second round, which if he didnt would have finished the fight.. Mark Hunt and Rothwell was to damn funny.. I give it up for Rothwell though, he almost gave up and couldnt come out to the third but sucked it up and still fought.. At on point they were just walking in to each other hoping someone would finish the fight! haha

- Hughes should retire, 2 KO;s in his last 2 fights! He was actually doing good with the jab but then got clipped hard and it was over.. He should have just retired right there instead of saying "put me on a shelf"! Just go out like a man and say this is my last fight!

- Jones proved himself last night.. Used his tools effectively against Rampage and they worked very well.. He;s a runner though, which irritated me, he can throw em but once u throw he runs away.. Reminds me of the old Machida days.. haha Also Rampage was WAY to worried about the takedown and it stalled him.. I dont get why either, he actually stopped alot of em.. He got in the clinch but instead of throwing punches, he worried if he moved his arm he would get taken down.. Then made the mistake of moving his hands in the wrong position then got choked out! Still a big fan of rampages and i hope Jones just doesnt get more cocky then i will start to dislike him..

Also right now, i dont see anyone giving Jones problems in the LHW division.. Dont see Rashad doing much to him, except maybe getting his head a bit but still see him losing.. Fighting Machida might get boring, cause they will just wait for each other to do something.. Would love to see Shogun get a rematch not coming off a huge layoff from a injury!
September 25, 2011 @ 04:24 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I'm a really big Bones fan. He's a hometown boy. Respectful. I like the guy. But LHW goat, we'll see. He has to get past Rashad (toughest test, but I believe he'll pass). He has to get past Machida. Then he'll have to defend. But once he gets past Rashad and Machida, I'm confident that he will be that Anderson Silva of the LHW division.

Great night of fights!

- I have become a fan of Tim Boetch, after last night.. He dropped to 185 and is just going to keep getting better.. But what i like about him is he is a wrestler but doesnt fight like one.. He will stand with you and exchange but when he gets u to the ground, he will try to pound u out or submit u.. He wont just lay on you like these other wrestlers do.. Going to be a good contender in that division..

- Nate Diaz should stay a LW, shouldnt even think of going back up to WW.. He gets thrown around at WW but looks good at lw.. Didnt expect him to get a sub!

- The HW fights, they all gassed! hahaha Browne gassed after the second round, which if he didnt would have finished the fight.. Mark Hunt and Rothwell was to damn funny.. I give it up for Rothwell though, he almost gave up and couldnt come out to the third but sucked it up and still fought.. At on point they were just walking in to each other hoping someone would finish the fight! haha

- Hughes should retire, 2 KO;s in his last 2 fights! He was actually doing good with the jab but then got clipped hard and it was over.. He should have just retired right there instead of saying "put me on a shelf"! Just go out like a man and say this is my last fight!

- Jones proved himself last night.. Used his tools effectively against Rampage and they worked very well.. He;s a runner though, which irritated me, he can throw em but once u throw he runs away.. Reminds me of the old Machida days.. haha Also Rampage was WAY to worried about the takedown and it stalled him.. I dont get why either, he actually stopped alot of em.. He got in the clinch but instead of throwing punches, he worried if he moved his arm he would get taken down.. Then made the mistake of moving his hands in the wrong position then got choked out! Still a big fan of rampages and i hope Jones just doesnt get more cocky then i will start to dislike him..

Also right now, i dont see anyone giving Jones problems in the LHW division.. Dont see Rashad doing much to him, except maybe getting his head a bit but still see him losing.. Fighting Machida might get boring, cause they will just wait for each other to do something.. Would love to see Shogun get a rematch not coming off a huge layoff from a injury!

Agree on Boetsch. That Judo throw was beautiful.

Agree on Nate. I actually did expect the sub. I predicted Nate/Gomi would look like Nick/Gomi.

The heavies were a bad idea to put on the main card in a high altitude venu. Props to Hunt though. He looks like he expanded his game almost getting an armbar.

Hughes....Hughes can beat the mid tier guys. But he just doesn't have it anymore. I think his chin's starting to go, too. Kos did a good job shaking his ring rust and coming back to finish that fight.

Jones is legit. Consider this. He's only been fighting for 3 years. On his way, he's beaten seasoned vets and legends. To say he's a runner isn't quite fair, to start. He employed that strategy against a man who could hit the lightswitch with one shot. But prior to that, he's never run. And if you mean he literally ran, he commented on that. He said he needs to work on his slipping and dodging in a more technical capacity. But he also said, he did the smart thing by getting out of the way anyway. He's only been fighting 3 years. Give the kid some time and he'll patch his holes.

Apparently he and Rampage buried the hatchet. Jones told Rampage how much he admires him. Rampage told him that he respects him and he just wishes Jones would be more humble. And seeing the post fight conference, Jones sounded like he took that to heart. I think sometimes people forget, homie is only 24 trying to deal with fame and the concept that he is currently the best fighter in his class. You accomplish that in 3 years with only a background in low level wrestling and you tell me how humble you'd be. I actually think he's doing better than most people would have. But give him time. He'll get used to it. He'll win folks over.

I agree though. I dont' see many posing a huge threat. Rashad is the biggest threat. Rashad's speed is ridiculous. His wrestling is great. He has power in his hands. He's not afraid of Jones. But, Jones has improved since they last trained. So we'll see. A Machida fight I see Jones dominating, TBH. Machida doesn't close the distance. Machida waits for others to close the distance so he can counter. Problem is, since Jones reach is so long, Jones will be able to touch Machida before Machida can get his range.

I'd like to see a Shogun rematch too. But by the time that happens, Jones will have improved a lot. That being the case, I see a similar fight happening.

If Hendo beats Shogun, though, I'd be interested in watching Hendo/Jones.
September 25, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

UFC 135 (My Picks)
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Champ Jon Jones vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck (TKO).
Rob Broughton vs. Travis Browne
Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi (Nate's developed his brother's style. It's the perfect style to dismantle Gomi)
Mark Hunt vs. Ben Rothwell by submission (Rothwell ain't gonna wanna stand. The blueprint for beating Hunt has been documented. Get to the ground. Tap him out. But I want Hunt to win.)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Aaron Riley vs. Tony Ferguson
Tim Boetsch vs. Nick Ring

PRELIMINARY CARD
Ricardo Romero vs. James Te Huna
Cole Escovedo vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Junior Assuncao vs. Eddie Yagin

I picked two wrong. smile I really need to start betting money on this. I'm too good. I honestly can't remember the last time I picked a main event wrong. Oh, Brock/Cain. But I learned my lesson on that one. LOL.
September 25, 2011 @ 04:31 PM
jaded

Jon Jones is a beast. Unfortunately, at the post-fight press conference, Dana White squashed any talk of a Jon Jones/Anderson Silva fight in the near future.

September 25, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
Scotty

^ Unfortunately? Jones hasnt even cleared out the division, there shouldn't be any talk about him fighting Anderson.. Everyone is always quick to jump on a super fight when the hype gets high on a guy.. Anderson has completely whipped out his division, there is no one left besides Chael and getting a rematch which will end up the same way, he will lose.. Then he jumps up to LHW and takes a a top guy there with ease.. Jones havent even come close to that yet.. Has only beaten 2 top guys in his division and there is still a few more to fight before him even thinking about a fight like that.. Only way is if Anderson begged Dana to jump cause he would like to try and hold 2 belts at the same time.. But Silva doesnt want that cause Machida is a top guy in that division and believes thats Machida's division right now..

Only superfight that will happen, IF it does will be GSP vs A. Silva.. Even that fight is getting shut down cause GSP said if he moves up weight thats where he is going to stay and not return to WW.. Anderson Silva said he would drop down weight if he really had to but GSP gave few excuses not for that fight either.. But the turn out would be the same, Anderson Silva would just pick him apart and win!
September 25, 2011 @ 04:48 PM
jaded

That's pretty much all the same stuff Dana White said. A fight between them would be awesome, but like Dana White said, Jon Jones has a lot of people left to fight in his weight class. I just don't want Silva to end up retiring before Jon Jones earns the right to fight him for a title.

September 25, 2011 @ 07:51 PM
Scotty

^ Its a tricky situation cause Anderson is on is his way in a couple years! He still in his prime but doesnt want to go out when there is nothin left like some of these guys.. But with title fights now, they can take up to 6-8 months before the next one.. Like now, Jones has to wait for Evans to heal his thumb.. 2 weeks til he gets the cast off then he has to wait prolly another few weeks before actually fully training.. There is over a month then set the date of the fight, 3 months for camp, so u looking at 5-6 months from now! Then if Jones wins u have to wait to see if any injuries and then set another fight which could take up to 6 months.. So now u are at a year with only two fights in your division! So by the time Jones gets to that point unless Silva begged for it, it might not happen.. But also Jones has already made it known he might have to go to heavyweight in a few years because of the genetics in his family.. All the males in his family, didn't fully grow out til they were past 25.. And they are all now 230 + and Jones feels this will happen to him as well.. So that will play a factor, so all in all the chances look slim that these 2 will fight especially in A. Silvas prime stages!
September 27, 2011 @ 03:50 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

* Tim Boetsch been throwing bitches left n right cool

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 27, 2011 @ 04:07 AM
blutspender

While four heavyweights were gassing hard, Junior Assun
September 27, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
theh00d

1st one looks like a harai goshi. Nice!

I need to start practicing my judo throws again.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

September 27, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

While four heavyweights were gassing hard, Junior Assun
September 27, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
blutspender

I agree, Mizagi was very impressive!

Bellator keeps bringing it though. They have some scrappy hungry fighters.

As someone said "Bellator - home of great finishes and bad/questionable decisions".
Seriously, Bellator delivers highlight reel finishes (two inverted triangle chokes, flying knee KOs, peruvian neckties and all other sort of crazy stuff) and has some of the worst judges you'll ever find, best example being the Warren/Galvao-fight.
September 27, 2011 @ 09:00 PM
Scotty

Well fellas, i had great convos in here but my time on HB is done... Just felt like making one last post in here since it was my favorite thread to post in on here.. I have a couple things in the works that are MMA related, prolly comeback and post it, so keep an eye out..
September 27, 2011 @ 09:48 PM
Kayv

Best of luck with your endeavors Scotty. Keep us updated for sure man. Nice to have been able to discuss MMA with you.

Please login first to reply.