Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 7, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
Scotty

^^ Nick isnt ducking, he has serious social anxiety disorder, he doesnt even like to do little interviews.. If u ever watch him, he is always looking away and trying to hurry with the interview.. Thing with strikeforce, they have 1 press conference, weigh in, fight, post conference.. But with UFC title shot, they have a conference then another conference, then an event, a pre conference and so on.. Alot interviews and basically being around alot of people talking to u, just think Nick cant handle that type of interactions.. Reason i said he should have said something to Dana, that he has this type of anxiety, maybe would have turned out differently.. For condit, its good cause Camp has just started for the fight with BJ so its not on short notice really, hope Condit pulls the upset! haha

Who ever BJ fights, im still going to it! Even if its boring ass Fitch, its still getting to see BJ fight live!
September 7, 2011 @ 05:24 PM
cebollo

^ i get it, and i don't think he's ducking either. but if he can't handle the media, he shouldn't have signed up for the fight, it's that simple.

i'm sure dana knew he had trouble with the media, that's why he told him beforehand "you have to play the game". and in signing the fight contract, diaz is saying yeah, i'll play the game. diaz' whole position the past year has been give me the big fights, give me more money. he finally gets a huge fight, and pulls this. come on, i don't care how socially anxious you are, this is the biggest opportunity in your life. make it work.

don't get me wrong, i'm stoked for condit, and i think he deserves the shot.
September 7, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
randysav

^
Yeah man i agree. fighters should already know that they have to sell fights,meaning press cons ,interviews and so on. I dont understand how he could let this go, probably the biggest fight of his life. there are alot of fighters out there that would love to step up. I heard Dana made the phone call to Condit and he hung up right away and called 15 min after crying and is stoked to have the shot. I love Nick and he is one hell of a fighter but that was a big let down for the fans and the whole organization.
September 7, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah nick knows what was to come but social anxiety disorder can get severe to the point where u will freeze up and just cant go anywhere.. I dont if u guys remember Ricky williams when he came into the league, he suffered severly from this and it messed his career up.. He would keep his helmet on when people talked to him and would rarely take an interview.. He also didnt like taking pictures with fans as well.. So i can see Nick getting to the point where the anxiety takes over and screws with very important shit.. Reason i say, u should tell Dana that this is severe and its something he needs to overcome.. Then Dana could have come out on the press conference and said "Sorry, Nick wont be able to make it, he has personally issues, yada yada" Then go to nick and be like u need to see someone and try to overcome this shit.. But Nick did the opposite and just didnt show up! So Dana said "Alright, u are done and im calling condit!"

Ceasar was even saying how Nick was training his ass off for this fight and wanted this badly! But he has this problem and needs to take care of it or it will ruin u.. And im not a fan of Nick Diaz, yeah he is a great fighters but im just saying this as a person realizes this dude has a social problem but doesnt go about it the right way!
September 7, 2011 @ 09:48 PM
Joweee

wasn't he on TUF? He didn't have it then or something?
September 7, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
Scotty

^ Nah that was his brother Nate, Nick wasnt in the UFC then...

Here is nicks response haha
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EbRnFn0Tg&feature=player_embedded

* Look how nervous he is in this video by himself! hahaha And yet still cant say why he cant do the press conferences, just talks some nonsense about how he got into this fight with GSP... I think he thinks he was doing UFC a favor by not signing with boxing and taking a fight with GSP.. I mean Dana did tell him not to go to box and come fight GSP, be apart of the UFC again.. But that doesnt mean u can do whatever u want then show up at fight time.. But he is right cause we would see him fight when the time came, just he fucked up on this part!
September 8, 2011 @ 12:35 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

this fucking blows man. i know Nick can be the UFC champ jeez... wtf for real.

- Carlos Condit by TKO in 2nd round. oh btw Greg Jackson said he wont be cornering either one of them for this bout

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 8, 2011 @ 02:11 AM
cebollo

Ceasar was even saying how Nick was training his ass off for this fight and wanted this badly! But he has this problem and needs to take care of it or it will ruin u.. And im not a fan of Nick Diaz, yeah he is a great fighters but im just saying this as a person realizes this dude has a social problem but doesnt go about it the right way!

you're right.
September 8, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
Kayv

Sup guys, been a while since I've posted. Glad to see DM training BJJ and I think Scotty you said you were training Muay Thai again? I had a long layoff from training but Gilbert Melendez just opened up a new gym so I started training again. This gym is FUCKIN AWESOME! 7,000 square feet, huge mat space, cage, bags, showers, weights, the whole 9. Here are some pics. Note that the gym isn't even finished yet. We also have amazing instructors such as Gil, Jake, and Jongsanan Fairtex. If you dont know who that is, I will provide a video.

So a funny little story. Chris Leben is currently staying/training with us. He seems like a cool guy and nothing like how he was portrayed on TUF season 1. He has obviously matured and all that. We were talking for a lil bit and he was just joking with me telling me how Jake drives a $60k car but its dirty as fuck inside and it smells. He said he was super hesitant to put his gear in the trunk due to the smell lol. All this while Jake was in the corner of the gym conducting an interview and doing media shit. What makes this extra funny is how a while bag I watched an interview with Gil and they asked him about his early days. He said he was housemates with Jake and another guy in San Francisco and how he's happy to have his own spot now cuz Jake and the other dude were dirtyass whiteboys lol.

Jakes dad passed away and he has a fight coming up. he was also his manager and achieved his goal of getting his son into the UFC. He was a cool dude and they were super close. The day after his passing, he was right back in the gym training. I admit that Jake doesn't have the most exciting fighting style but he never tries to win by the judges, he always tries to go for the finish and he never gives up when on the losing end. See his fight with Henderson for example. He will always look to improve position on the ground and isn't content with just being in guard. I respect that about him, his game plan is ALWAYS to tap you out.

Yeah I don't have any insider information on Nick Diaz. Really don't know what to say but just like everyone else I'm not happy about it. I respect him SOOOOO much as a fighter and an athlete. Not many fighters today have that budo spirit but he still does. Not many people are as exciting as him and who the fuck does a triathlon and or ironman competitions days before a fight to warm up??!! That's crazy and awesome at the same time. I honestly think that Nick needs to talk to a professional about his anxiety issues. I think he's scared that they will prescribe him some pills and he's against medication of that kind.

GSP vs. Condit is a good matchup as well. I hope it's a good fight but since it's the new GSP we will see. I said it before and I stick with my claim, the Greg Jackson camp will be the downfall of GSP's legacy. It's already happening just listen to what fans have to say. Look at mine and Scotty's previous posts on the issue. hypebeast.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3106079&postcount=4139

Oh yeah, Amanda Lucas, George Lucas' daughter (guy who made star wars), trains with us, is a pro fighter, and kicked my ass with ease. SMH so humbling.
September 8, 2011 @ 05:17 AM
truongxlong

love mma gsp comeback
September 8, 2011 @ 12:07 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

First off, great post Kayv. Thanks for the props. And that facility looks great. I wish I had showers at my gym. They're thinking of installing them next year.

^^ Nick isnt ducking, he has serious social anxiety disorder

Yeah it's called being a dick. If dude's condition was that bad, I have a hard time believing that he'd be able to fight in front of thousands of fans. His disorder is that he has a chip on his shoulder and he just doesn't like people. I've seen him do dozens of interviews. Dana even said dude could literally show up and say nothing. He just wanted him to show up. Nick knew that. Nick's "symptoms" don't even come CLOSE to Ricky Williams. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

social anxiety disorder can get severe to the point where u will freeze up and just cant go anywhere..

Exactly. So if that's really what he battles with, he'd be more like Karo Parisyan. He's just being a diva. He's being a little kid.

this fucking blows man. i know Nick can be the UFC champ jeez... wtf for real.

- Carlos Condit by TKO in 2nd round. oh btw Greg Jackson said he wont be cornering either one of them for this bout

Don't believe the hype Choppzz. Diaz hasn't exactly faced top competition. Turns out Gomi was over rated. Plus Nick was way bigger than him. Frank Shamrock was washed up and had a rib injury going into the fight. Scott Smith is not top 15. Mariuz Z was overhyped. Sakurai is good and all, but he's not exactly top comp either. He was on a 2 fight loss streak upon facing Nick. Now he's on a 4 fight loss streak. KJ Noons ain't really top competition either. Keeping it real. Skilled for smaller promotions, but he isn't UFC top 10 material. Cyborg is a 1 dimensional fighter. Paul Daley's loss is disputible since he knocked Nick flat on his face seconds before he got "tko'd." Not to mention, Paul Daley, being the toughest guy Nicks' faced in years, is also the Paul Daley that had no answer for Kos and got beaten by Woodley. So, all things in perspective, Nick isn't as good as we think. He's good for SF. I don't think he's UFC good. He probably gets rolled on hard by Jake Shields. And if Jake couldn't touch GSP, Nick wouldn't be able to either.

Condit may have a chance. He's good at coming back from behind. He has 5 full rounds to finish and finishing is what he does best. Finishing is something GSP's forgotten how to do. GSP either grinds a decision or Condit becomes the new champ by battering GSPs face. This is clearly a match that pits a natural athlete (depending on who you ask *cough* PEDs *cough*) vs a natural fighter. WHo wins? Fighter or athlete? We'll see.

I'm a bit bummed though. I wanted to see nick/gsp and penn/condit. Oh well. Still good matches. Can't wait to see who BJ fights.
September 8, 2011 @ 01:50 PM
Scotty

Yeah it's called being a dick. If dude's condition was that bad, I have a hard time believing that he'd be able to fight in front of thousands of fans. His disorder is that he has a chip on his shoulder and he just doesn't like people. I've seen him do dozens of interviews. Dana even said dude could literally show up and say nothing. He just wanted him to show up. Nick knew that. Nick's "symptoms" don't even come CLOSE to Ricky Williams. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

Exactly. So if that's really what he battles with, he'd be more like Karo Parisyan. He's just being a diva. He's being a little kid.

Well he is a dick we all know that but how can u say he doesnt have as bad as Ricky Williams? Ricky Williams didnt tell a soul he had it for years cause he felt people would talk shit about him, think he was some kind of crazy person and etc.. And Ricky also played in front of thousands and thousand of people every week.. But with anxiety, doing something where u can shut it out, works.. Ricky forgot about it til, the game was over when he was playing, and nick prolly forgets about it when he fights and trains.. Nick also has the attitude "im not a bitch" so he wont admit to having this type of problem.. Nicks done interviews but u ever see em in the interviews? Dude sounds retarded half the time cause he is nervous and wants it to be done, u can tell by his body movements.. U know im not even a fan of Diaz but he obviously has this problem and like i said goes about getting fixed the wrong way.. Basically, he avoids it then goes off being a dick which instead he should address the problem and help himself.. I highly doubt he missed a press conference in Vegas which is like a 2 hour flight at most for him, sit down for a half hour then leave because he wants to be a dick... But yet went at the wrong way..

BJ needs a fill in real quick and the only guy that can right now at the top of that division is Jon Fitch, but supposedly they dont want Jon FItch cause he is boring as all hell... Rumor also is that the UFC is trying to get BJ to go down to lightweight again.. If they cut out this fight, imma be pissed, real pissed!
September 8, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
theh00d

Eh Kayv where is that gym at? Lol

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

September 8, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
Kayv

Eh Kayv where is that gym at? Lol

It's on 3rd and 25th. Kinda far from SF State. You'd have to take MUNI for sure.
September 8, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
theh00d

Oh damn, I'll think about checking it out.
You cool with that?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

September 8, 2011 @ 06:07 PM
Kayv

Oh damn, I'll think about checking it out.
You cool with that?

More than cool with it
September 8, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
Scotty

BJ tweets this today!

* Hell Yeah he still might be coming to Vegas but WHO IS IT? Someone he cant refuse?! Anticipation is killing, who the fuck is it already! hahaha
September 8, 2011 @ 07:58 PM
Scotty

BJ PENN VS. NICK DIAZ UFC 137!!!!

* But now im pissed, cause i went to go purchase tickets and they from 400-2700! This is some bullshit, Dana white saying he wont up the price on tickets cause he doesnt want to turn into boxing! Fuck him, hes a liar! Now its time to try to find a deal!
September 8, 2011 @ 07:58 PM
Joweee

nick ....?
edit: guessed right
September 8, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_8q3VQ13heg

sorry if its a repost.

- nick diaz vs bj penn!!! im calling the fight of the night already!

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 8, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
Hamster Boy

wow hmm im curious as to what made him agree to this cuz hes going to have to do press conferences again anyway confused

SEQUENCE http://www.sequence.us

September 9, 2011 @ 05:45 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

- Gil's new gym looks very good! I'm happy for him. he got like what? 3-4 winning streaks n his new born daughter. Things are going well n i expect him to do just as well in UFC when he eventually joins the org.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtfhYvQBUI

Don't be scared homie. Be excited!

September 9, 2011 @ 06:02 AM
SIRSMOKALOT

Brazilians >>>>
September 9, 2011 @ 06:11 AM
lihp

lmfao
September 9, 2011 @ 09:01 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

sorry if its a repost.

- nick diaz vs bj penn!!! im calling the fight of the night already!

Easily FOTN. I hope BJ's gas tank is ready. Personally, I feel like BJ can finish what Daley started. Diaz is not the great boxer people think he is. He was on the edge of darkness when Daley touched him. BJ won't make that mistake. BJ clips him, drops him, RNC. Predicting it now. If it goes past round 3 though, BJ's in trouble. But if it's a 3 rounder, I got BJ winning. cool

wow hmm im curious as to what made him agree to this cuz hes going to have to do press conferences again anyway confused

LOL. Someone mentioned they should start fining them. If missing a press conference means 15% of your fight purse each time you pull a stunt like that, eventually Nick would play ball.

- Gil's new gym looks very good! I'm happy for him. he got like what? 3-4 winning streaks n his new born daughter. Things are going well n i expect him to do just as well in UFC when he eventually joins the org.

Don't be scared homie. Be excited!

Can't wait for Gil to come to UFC. He's gonna whoop some serious ass. Dude has a fire in his soul right now.

LMAO at Bigfoot. I'd like to see that fight. LOL. Bigfoot would eat that niga and shit him out.

Brazilians >>>>

Thank you for MMA.
September 9, 2011 @ 09:06 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

sorry if its a repost.

Whoah, just saw the video! suprised That dude is sick with it. Didn't even go full blast and still got the KO? Wow!
September 9, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
Scotty

Easily FOTN. I hope BJ's gas tank is ready. Personally, I feel like BJ can finish what Daley started. Diaz is not the great boxer people think he is. He was on the edge of darkness when Daley touched him. BJ won't make that mistake. BJ clips him, drops him, RNC. Predicting it now. If it goes past round 3 though, BJ's in trouble. But if it's a 3 rounder, I got BJ winning. cool

Its a co main event its a 3 round fight! hahaha But have to agree, u get into a stand up fight with BJ and he tags you, he is going for the finish and his percentage is VERY high! Which i see happening in this fight.. Nick is already saying he respects BJ and would have rather fight GSP!

- Ceasar Gracie made some good points in a interview today.. He said why pull Nick from the title fight over a press conference when u could have just fined him cause fans dont care about press conferences they care about the fight and they wanted to see this fight.. Then says, This was mistake cause now the Co Main event is bigger than the main event and no is talking about Condit vs. GSP, they are talking about Diaz vs. Penn! After listening i realized he is right, there is more hype on the BJ/Diaz fight then condit/gsp.. If u think about it, after condit got put on the title shot, people were wondering about BJ and then said they should Diaz vs. Penn.. hahaha Now thats what everyone is talking about BJ vs. Diaz!

ALSO TWO GREAT EVENTS TOMORROW NIGHT!

Strikeforce Grand Prix

MAIN CARD (Showtime)
Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
Daniel Cormier vs. Antonio Silva (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
Champ Ronaldo Souza vs. Luke Rockhold (for middleweight title)
Roger Gracie vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
Maximo Blanco vs. Pat Healy

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
Mike Kyle vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Yoel Romero
Jordan Mein vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos
Alexis Davis vs. Amanda Nunes
Chris Mierzwiak vs. Dominique Steele

BELLATOR 49 Welterweight Tournament

MAIN CARD (MTV2)
Dan Hornbuckle vs. Luis Santos (welterweight-tourney opening round)
Chris Cisneros vs. Ben Saunders (welterweight-tourney opening round)
Chris Lozano vs. Brent Weedman (welterweight-tourney opening round)
Steve Carl vs. Douglas Lima (welterweight-tourney opening round)
September 9, 2011 @ 02:18 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Its a co main event its a 3 round fight! hahaha But have to agree, u get into a stand up fight with BJ and he tags you, he is going for the finish and his percentage is VERY high! Which i see happening in this fight.. Nick is already saying he respects BJ and would have rather fight GSP!

- Ceasar Gracie made some good points in a interview today.. He said why pull Nick from the title fight over a press conference when u could have just fined him cause fans dont care about press conferences they care about the fight and they wanted to see this fight.. Then says, This was mistake cause now the Co Main event is bigger than the main event and no is talking about Condit vs. GSP, they are talking about Diaz vs. Penn! After listening i realized he is right, there is more hype on the BJ/Diaz fight then condit/gsp.. If u think about it, after condit got put on the title shot, people were wondering about BJ and then said they should Diaz vs. Penn.. hahaha Now thats what everyone is talking about BJ vs. Diaz!

LOL word yo. To me, even though I'm a big fan of condits and will be rooting hard for him, the Nick/BJ fight is WAY more interesting. LOL. I don't see it going to the judges. And if it does, it'll be like fight of the decade. Neither one is going easily. Can't wait!!!!
September 10, 2011 @ 05:10 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

Whoah, just saw the video! suprised That dude is sick with it. Didn't even go full blast and still got the KO? Wow!

- It looked like a capoeira move lolol. fucking gnarly

Strikeforce Grand Prix

MAIN CARD (Showtime)
Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov (heavyweight grand prix semifinal) - Can't underestimate sergei tho. Josh by submission or decision. OR sergei by tko in the 2nd round
Daniel Cormier vs. Antonio Silva (heavyweight grand prix semifinal) - Daniel pull an upset tho
Champ Ronaldo Souza vs. Luke Rockhold (for middleweight title)
Roger Gracie vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
Maximo Blanco vs. Pat Healy ---coolcoolcoolcoolcool Been watching Blanco since his Sengoku days

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
Mike Kyle vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Yoel Romero --- this is on undercard? razz
Jordan Mein vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos
Alexis Davis vs. Amanda Nunes
Chris Mierzwiak vs. Dominique Steele

September 10, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Vitor vs Cung Le. cool

Please login first to reply.