August 13, 2011 @ 03:11 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

August 13, 2011 @ 06:44 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

UFC on Versus 5 Hardy vs. Lytle, Saturday August 14th

MAIN CARD (Versus)
Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle
Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone vs. Charles Oliveira
Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

PRELIMINARY CARD
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jared Hamman
Joseph Benavidez vs. Eddie Wineland
Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke
Ronny Markes vs. Karlos Vemola
Alex Caceres vs. Jim Hettes
Cole Miller vs. T.J. O'Brien
Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa vs. Jason Reinhardt

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

August 14, 2011 @ 12:19 AM
War Stories

Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle

Thats a tough one to call.
August 14, 2011 @ 03:09 AM
Scotty

JENS PULVER BABY!!! 2ND ROUND KO WITH HIS WELL KNOWN LEFT HOOK!!! Ref was stupid though, Jens blasts wheeler with a left hook, drops wheeler which looks like he goes out an the ref goes in to stop then backs away which gives wheeler time to recover. Then jens had to try to jump on him to keep going.. Wheeler gets up, wobbles around and Jens blasts him with another left which Wheeler is out and the ref hesitates to stop the fight when jens knew wheeler was out and didnt want to hit him anymore but then had to cause the ref didnt stop the fight! Class act by Jens and Dumbass ref who is going to get a fighter hurt! Also i didnt know this but Jens dropped to 135, actually looked great at the weight and look like its his natural class!

Here the full fight but not in the best quality but good enough to watch
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7e2sZXdlCg
August 14, 2011 @ 07:57 AM
blutspender

I'm rooting for Lytle this sunday. He's not a worldbeater and was never champion material yet he delivered so many exciting and entertaining fights. Too bad he's retiring after the Hardy fight.
August 14, 2011 @ 02:55 PM

Inactive

Ref was stupid though, Jens blasts wheeler with a left hook, drops wheeler which looks like he goes out an the ref goes in to stop then backs away which gives wheeler time to recover. Then jens had to try to jump on him to keep going.. Wheeler gets up, wobbles around and Jens blasts him with another left which Wheeler is out and the ref hesitates to stop the fight when jens knew wheeler was out and didnt want to hit him anymore but then had to cause the ref didnt stop the fight! Class act by Jens and Dumbass ref who is going to get a fighter hurt!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7e2sZXdlCg

I dunno man. I don't see this being the Refs fault entirely. He did make a motion like he was gonna stop it, but Jens should know to follow through until the ref physically stops him andpushes him off. Had Jens followed up it would've been stopped at the first knockdown instantly. It wasn't like Ox was out cold, he was still rocking on his ass attempting to get up and his head never hits the mat.

Reminds me of the Congo vs Barry fight (BEST COMEBACK OF ALL TIME) where it was almost stopped. Except Barry was all over Congo who showed signs of life.
August 14, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
Scotty

^ Jens was about to go for it but the ref took a step in making it look like he was going to stop the fight, Jens seen it so he was hesitant on if he should keep going, so he then had to try and jump on em.. Which the ref made the right call there cause wheeler wasnt out yet but cant make a movement like he is going to stop it either.. But the second time, Wheeler was out and the ref was hesitant to either stop or not but jens knew there was no point in going in for another punch.. But the ref didnt do anything so jens had to go over and initiate another punch which he knew he didnt really have to do.. Jens has been in this for along time, he knows the rules to keep going til the point of ref pulling u off.. But he also knows when a guy doesnt need anymore punishment and a ref who looked inexperienced..
August 14, 2011 @ 03:19 PM

Inactive

Yea, the ref fucked up, but a motion isn't stopping anything. My point is Jens should have kept attacking until the ref physically stopped him and not depend on a "motion". He hesitated plan and simple. Had he jumped on Ox the first time the ref would either pulled him off or got in the middle of them effectively stopping the fight. I'm sure Jens is a great guy, but when you're fighting in MMA you keep going until the ref yells for you to stop or gets in your way. Neither happened.

Just look at the Barry/Congo fight. Ref goes as far as to touch Barry, but backs off immediately. Barry keeps going like he should.
August 14, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
Hamster Boy

lol sonny had no idea you followed mma. thats kewl mang

SEQUENCE http://www.sequence.us

August 14, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
Scotty

Yea, the ref fucked up, but a motion isn't stopping anything. My point is Jens should have kept attacking until the ref physically stopped him and not depend on a "motion". He hesitated plan and simple. Had he jumped on Ox the first time the ref would either pulled him off or got in the middle of them effectively stopping the fight. I'm sure Jens is a great guy, but when you're fighting in MMA you keep going until the ref yells for you to stop or gets in your way. Neither happened.

Just look at the Barry/Congo fight. Ref goes as far as to touch Barry, but backs off immediately. Barry keeps going like he should.

Yeah the first time Jens made the mistake of thinking wheeler was out and then the ref making a hesitant move to stop which he shouldnt have done but what im saying is at the end of the fight.. Jens hits him with another big punch wheeler goes out.. Jens knows that he is out and by rule in MMA when a fighter is out, the fight is over.. That is an official rule but also they say dont stop til the ref pulls u off! An experienced fighter knows when a fighter is out and there is no need to hit the guy one last time(some fighters do though).. But then again the ref hesitates, jens sees him hesitating, wondering why he hasnt stopped the fight which then proceeds to go finish wheeler but if u watch again the ref actually goes in for the stop when Jens decided to go back to finish it.. Then the ref backs off which Jens was like wtf? Then had to punch wheeler once more before the ref actually decides to stop the fight.. An experienced ref would have already have stopped the fight after seeing wheeler go out, not hesitate, then go in then back away..Thats how a fighter can get hurt and thats the reason why Jens didnt want to hit him that one last time but had to at that point cause the ref wasnt doing anything..

Anyway... GREAT NIGHT OF FIGHTS!!!

- Under card was great too! Benavidez out works wineland on his feet!! Wineland 0-2 against the alpha male team.. But Benavidez switching stances back and forth i think was making it difficult for wineland.. Also that nose break shot really changed the fight! I really wish Benavidez got connect clean with that flying knee! Ed Herman looking great since he has been back! KO not a Heel hook, he is really back as he says! Hamman comes back in the second and just put on Dollaway! Miller gets another submission under his belt!

- Ludwig and Amir went at it for all 3 rounds but i knew Amir wasnt going to be able to hang with the striking of ludwig.. Ludwig just has more experience in that department, he also just stiffed the takedown..

- MY MAN CERRONE!!! The upper cut to the chest then put em away with some ground and pound!! Working his way up!!

- Henderson shocked the hell out of me! He came out ready to fight! He just took it to Miller, making forget that miller could have been the number one contender!

- Great for Lytle to go out with a great fight and a submission win over hardy.. But those 2 were just swinging at each other but hardy went for a takedown to score some points and then got caught.. Should have stayed on his feet cause he was landing shots in that third round.. I also not sure if Dana will et go of Hardy cause Hardy goes out and fights every time he fights.. But we'll see!

Also sad news: MMA trainer Shawn Tomkins was found dead today!
August 15, 2011 @ 10:31 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Chris Lytle: Wow. what can I say. I called for a submission. But I didn't think that Lytle would do so well on the feet. Geeeez those guys landes some friggin shots! I'd say Lytle gets inducted into the UFC HOF off the strength of having the most FOTN's ever. IMO, Hardy shouldn't be cut. He's entertaining. But he def has to work his way back up. Let him be a gatekeeper. If he fails at that, then give him his walking papers. But for now, I'd like to see him stay.

Ben Henderson: Dayum! I gotta say, this boy improved like a mother! He made Jim eat his words about WEC fighters. And Jim ain't no pushover at all. Damn son. I'm super proud and happy for Bendo. Can't wait to see more of him. Woulda been great to see a 5 rounder from him. Kid is friggin legit.

Donald Cerrone: I knew with 100% confidence that Cowboy would pull it off. After his last couple fights I just knew that his striking and foot work would be too much for do Bronx's wild style. Excellent showing from another WEC guy. Can't wait to see more from him too. Do Bronx on the other hand.....I feel like he got exposed. I knew he couldn't hang with the big boys. But Cerrone confirmed it. He's too wild.

Duane Ludwig: I was wrong about this one. The guys at my gym recently had him over for a MT seminar and they were like, "dude, his TDD has improved. Amir will have no choice but to stand. And that's not gonna go well for him." I was in denial since Bang tends to get tapped. But they were right. I'm happy for him. I've been a fan since his KOTC days.

The undercard was pretty good too. Lotta young talent joining the ranks.
August 15, 2011 @ 12:40 PM

Inactive

I missed the majority of it, but I was really impressed with the Ludwig fight. It was awesome to watch and the muay thai clinches were awesome. You don't see two fighters clinching that long in MMA. Loved the surgical counter punches
August 15, 2011 @ 01:44 PM

Inactive

lol sonny had no idea you followed mma. thats kewl mang

I don't follow it all that closely, but I enjoy watching it.
August 15, 2011 @ 03:23 PM
Scotty

Like i thought Dan Hardy will not be released by the UFC.. Dana said Dan Hardy comes to fight everytime, hes exciting and doesnt hold anything back.. So they will give him another shot to try and get a win under him.. But Hardy says he is going to take some time off and work on his skills before he comes back for another fight... This lost was him just getting beat to the punch by Lytle.. Then went for the takedown to get some points to try and steal the round but got caught in a guillotine.. He does get caught in submission when he is on the ground though, so i think he should work on some JJ and his ground game..
August 16, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
Scotty

Rumor has it, Overeem is very close to making a deal with UFC and could be fighting at UFC 140 but obviously there is no opponent set yet.. There will be fighters calling him out once he signs though but im sure he will get a top 5 but not a title shot right away.. But like i said this was all a plot to get Overeem in the UFC and like i said by 2012!!!

Chael sonnen also clears the air with a brazilian reporter about the brazilian bashing.. Chael says its not against the country, he is juts trying to pick a fight with some brazilian fighters such as wanderlei and Anderson.. He says because the disrespected there own country.. He says wanderlei claims all the stuff about brazil but lives in a gated community in las vegas and drives an aston martin.. But doesnt send any money to Brazil to them.. No proof of that though.. he also says Anderson just bought a 2 million dollar home in LA for when he comes to los angeles to train.. But what sonnen forgets to mention is that these guys grew up in the worst parts of brazil and made there way for a better life in the states.. Vitor moved to las vegas so his family has a better living and his kids have a proper education, same with wanderlei.. Chael just upset cause these guys live better than he does! haha

And UFC has finally reached another network deal.. Since Spike tv and the UFC didnt resign contracts UFC went out to find another network.. They have finally came to a deal with FOX for around $90 million a year and will show 4 events a year and will host The Ultimate Fighter as well! Basically FOX is just taking over what Spike TV has done over the years! UFC hasnt hit the big network deal yet for all there events which Dana says could be within 2012, we'll see though!
August 16, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Rumor has it, Overeem is very close to making a deal with UFC and could be fighting at UFC 140 but obviously there is no opponent set yet.. There will be fighters calling him out once he signs though but im sure he will get a top 5 but not a title shot right away.. But like i said this was all a plot to get Overeem in the UFC and like i said by 2012!!!

Chael sonnen also clears the air with a brazilian reporter about the brazilian bashing.. Chael says its not against the country, he is juts trying to pick a fight with some brazilian fighters such as wanderlei and Anderson.. He says because the disrespected there own country.. He says wanderlei claims all the stuff about brazil but lives in a gated community in las vegas and drives an aston martin.. But doesnt send any money to Brazil to them.. No proof of that though.. he also says Anderson just bought a 2 million dollar home in LA for when he comes to los angeles to train.. But what sonnen forgets to mention is that these guys grew up in the worst parts of brazil and made there way for a better life in the states.. Vitor moved to las vegas so his family has a better living and his kids have a proper education, same with wanderlei.. Chael just upset cause these guys live better than he does! haha

And UFC has finally reached another network deal.. Since Spike tv and the UFC didnt resign contracts UFC went out to find another network.. They have finally came to a deal with FOX for around $90 million a year and will show 4 events a year and will host The Ultimate Fighter as well! Basically FOX is just taking over what Spike TV has done over the years! UFC hasnt hit the big network deal yet for all there events which Dana says could be within 2012, we'll see though!

Overeem's coming to the UFC. No doubt about that. They just needed loopholes to cut him from SF in order to bring him to the UFC sooner while he's still somewhat relevant. Cuz if he woulda lost in the SF grand prix, he woulda lost his luster and it would be like losing another Fedor (when Fedor was relevant). If Dana's smart, he'll match him against another striker (like, Carwin) so he can get a nice little highlight reel and boost him up for a big ppv payday. But there's no doubt Overeem will be in the UFC.

On the subject of Sonnen....LMAOOOO...I think he's scared. Royler made a comment about how Brazilians are proud and he's getting a whole country against him. He's like "I don't know how that's going to go for Chael when he's cornering Okami next week." LOL. Chael's shook. So what does he try to do? "Oh no, I'm on YOUR side. I really hate THESE guys cuz they don't love you as much as I do!" LOL. GTFOH son. Nobody is buying that. If you had trash to say about them, you'd say it about THEM, not the country. Dude's shook. LOL.

Fox is a major move bro. I mean, think of it. You need cable to watch spike. You don't need cable to watch Fox. At least not in NY. So this is HUGE in my eyes.

I know Dana has his haters, but how much can you complain? He's gotten fighters paid more than they ever dreamed would ever be possible. Back when Liddell was doing bare knuckle vale tudo for guts and glory, I doubt he ever thought he'd have a mansion and a ferrari off fighting. Anderson was about to quit because there was no dough in the game. Now he's a millionaire. Dana (and the Ferttitas) did that. Health insurance? Dana and co. did that. FREEEEEE UFC on TV. C'mon man. You can hate, but at least be grateful too.
August 16, 2011 @ 06:52 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah man i think Sonnen is feeling alittle nervous entering Brazil.. To many people have commented on how Brazilian take pride on their country and dont be surprised if something happens to Sonnen.. Yeah i know sonnen just does this to keep himself relevant, wants to market himself and wants to be funny. But some people arent going to take it lightly when u talk about there country.. Liek the reporter said, "its one thing u talk about the fighters in Brazil but is another when u talk about the country" Especially when Brazil has done nothing wrong to chael except he cant beat any of them! hahaha I think he is going to tone it down now that he has entered the country.. But i think he will get shit thrown at him when they walk to the octagon.. Its almost a guarantee! Wouldnt be surprised if people try to find him at there hotel or place they are staying at..

This is great that they found one of the top networks to work out a deal like this instead of spike.. Fox has been trying for years to get a deal with the UFC and they finally got one made. Not a huge deal like they wanted with networking the UFC completely but its a huge start with getting 4 fight nights and TUF.. BUt as a just read the deal isnt a done deal as of right now, Dana says there is some things they are working out.. Also Dana says the offer has to be right to take the UFC to a network fully.. Basically what he is trying to say is, a network has to offer a comparison of what they make of PPV buys or it wouldnt be worth it.. But i think after FOX gets this done then see how much they get in views and ratings, they might offer what the UFC is lookign for in a complete deal!

Shogun back with the boys! Training for his next fight with Forrest:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uppHYud5_cs&feature=player_embedded
* Love seeing that one spar session once again.. Always wondered if it would ever happen again and it is happening! hahaha U will know which im talking about...
August 17, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
Hamster Boy

eh i dont really like brendan schaub hope all the american fighters/okami get submitted lol cool
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2fyBlhkzg
edit
lmao will smith is dat ♥♥♥♥♥
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWdYNBpuQCA&feature=player_embedded

August 17, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

eh i dont really like brendan schaub hope all the american fighters/okami get submitted lol cool
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2fyBlhkzg
edit
lmao will smith is dat ♥♥♥♥♥
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWdYNBpuQCA&feature=player_embedded

Word to all of the above. cool

EDIT: Will Smith looks horrible. LOL. He kicks like a girl, form wise. But strength wise, I'm sure he hits hard.
August 18, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
Scotty

Deal is Done!!! UFC and FOX have now got the deal made... 7 year contract and the deal consists of 4 events on actual FOX local cable network, 4-6 other events on F/X and F/X will now be hosting TUF! TUF will also be live now, so u will see all the fights live with not much editing as they did in the past! Dana also not sure of there will be title fights but there will be some big fights! Getting closer and closer before the UFC is actually going to be Free on regular television like the other big sports!

Another fact i found out on my own: UFC on facebook has passed the NFL and MLB for likes on there page! Has ways to go before the NBA but has surpassed to bigs.. Yeah, the nfl and MLB are just in the US and UFC is worldwide, it just shows how much this sport is growing and where its going as a sport!
August 18, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
blutspender

It's so amazing seeing this sport growing and growing whilst being part of it. Great news on the FOX deal. Can't wait to see what kind of fights they're going to put on their first FOX card. I suppose they want to start with a bang.
August 18, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
Scotty

^ Basically u will see the same fight night fights that are on spike and versus right now... Which end up being great cards cause they are the hungier fighters trying to pave their way u the ladder! Title fights, will prolly lower class fighters as of right now, dont see any free title fights as of yet...

BJ has decided to stick around after the strikeforce challenger event, that he cornered a fighter in.. He is now training with Matt Hughes again which we seen alittle different BJ after training with him in the BJ fight.. He also is training with Pat Militech as well! BJ finally adding all the tools to his training, something i feel he was getting away with by trying to prove a point.. But after Anderson said to him that he was one of the best ever but has to be the old BJ, the unpredictable BJ who would do everything to win.. Bj has turned his training around and think he will improve overall! Like to see him over at blackhouse once he hits california ground as well!
August 19, 2011 @ 07:46 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

^ Basically u will see the same fight night fights that are on spike and versus right now... Which end up being great cards cause they are the hungier fighters trying to pave their way u the ladder! Title fights, will prolly lower class fighters as of right now, dont see any free title fights as of yet...

BJ has decided to stick around after the strikeforce challenger event, that he cornered a fighter in.. He is now training with Matt Hughes again which we seen alittle different BJ after training with him in the BJ fight.. He also is training with Pat Militech as well! BJ finally adding all the tools to his training, something i feel he was getting away with by trying to prove a point.. But after Anderson said to him that he was one of the best ever but has to be the old BJ, the unpredictable BJ who would do everything to win.. Bj has turned his training around and think he will improve overall! Like to see him over at blackhouse once he hits california ground as well!

Wait, his who did BJ corner?

And honestly, I know I recently talked shit about the myth of the "motivated BJ," but part of me believes it. I just remember BJ looking unstoppable. I hope he can make a "comeback."

BTW, this pic is gay as hell. LOL.

LMAOOOOOOOO
August 19, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeK-YhHX5SE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wow! Your boy got teary eyed. Can't believe the sport is getting this big.
August 19, 2011 @ 06:36 PM
matt

too much brock imo
August 19, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
Scotty

Yeah made me want to cry knowing they used Brocks face as much as possible to market the UFC on Fox.. Such bullshit, they know damn well if they used other fighters who have created this sport who are still in it(few had a glimpse), it wouldnt get people to view.. Its a shame in my eyes, im really glad the sport is growing the way it is but i dont like how they have to use a guy like Brock lesnar to get people to view and make it seem like the face if the UFC.. They used GSP's face alot but he basically is the face of the UFC at the moment cause people actually like his boring ass..

Big Nog stats he wont trains with gay people:
“I have no prejudice against the gays, but I wouldn’t train with someone who’s gay. I have no malice, I don’t take our physical contact as (something) sexual. But what if the gay person has that malice of having physical contact with me, of staying there grappling? I would have no problems having a gay student in my academy, but I would rather not train with him.”

Rashad Evans shattered his thumb!!! He thought he only sprained it really badly, it turns out the xrays showed it completely shattered.. He had to have 3 pins put in there and will be out for alittle while.. He says he has a few weeks of wearing the cast then can start training but we will see how it heels and if the doctor clears him.. Going tp laugh if he has to sit out longer and costs him yet another title shot! hahaha
August 20, 2011 @ 05:35 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

too much brock imo

damn y'all nigs are really critical brock haters. I watched it twice. All I noticed is that brock is the most famous out of all of them, but they showed Jake sheilds face like 20 times, cain, forrest, gsp. IDC man. Either way, I'm just mind blown that zuffa has taken the UFC this far.

Big Nog stats he wont trains with gay people:
[I]
August 20, 2011 @ 10:23 AM
lihp

even though im just a fan im proud as shit.
August 20, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
Scotty

damn y'all nigs are really critical brock haters. I watched it twice. All I noticed is that brock is the most famous out of all of them, but they showed Jake sheilds face like 20 times, cain, forrest, gsp. IDC man. Either way, I'm just mind blown that zuffa has taken the UFC this far.

It actually has nothing to do with Brock really... Its has to with the promotion and the marketing what really makes me upset.. U take a sport that has been around for years and it finally starts to get recognized.. But they use a WWE superstar who won a ufc title from a division that wasnt near as stacked as now, to market so more average joe;s will tune in to watch it.. Yeah jake Shields was in there a few time and Cain Velasquez, GSP alot which is aspected but Brock was basically in ever other shot.. I mean come on where the other guys like Tito Ortiz who basically built this business? Showed BJ and Anderson 1 time right at the very end.. Anderson should have been shown more times than anyone, hes the best ever in MMA! BUt its stupid marketing, which makes me upset not the actual fighters! But like i said its great to see the sport rise to this level!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn Brazilians are really taking Chael Sonnen to heart:

Translation: “Guys, everyone is aware of what this insect has been spewing about Brazil, the fighters, of the people of this country, of our culture. I think we should give him a “warm welcome” when he comes to attend UFC Rio on the 27th, since Brazilians carries the fame of being sympathetic, hospitable, warm people, how about a big party for our friend Chael Sonnen?”

Chael better be real careful and have people around him alot.. There is some crazy people in brazil and some people u dont want to be in a bad position with.. Not sure who is actually serious on that site but u never know.. haha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brock Lesnar is now 100% healthy i guess, rumor has now been floating around that his first fight back will be against the almost signed Overeem which could be at UFC 140 in Canada... Just a rumor right since overeem hasnt been signed yet..
August 21, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
Hamster Boy

holy shit did you guys see marlon sandro get ktfo. dammit oh well shit happens

Please login first to reply.