May 16, 2011 @ 11:53 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

If you guys missed Bellator 44 here is the lombard one punch destruction!!!

* He is one of my favorite MW and wish he didnt have a visa problem few years back cause he would be in the UFC! Once his Bellator contract is up, Dana will definitely sign him.. There is no competition in Bellator for this guy and he needs to be seen as a top MW.. Even like to see him in strikeforce right now instead of Bellator..

Also Michael lay n pray chandler defeated The pitbull Freire in a boring 3 rounder.. But there is no chance Chandler will beat Eddie Alvarez though.. Alvarez will just just dominate him as well!

Yeah dude, if anyone had a chance against Eddie it was Patricky. But he really didn't look like himself. But i mean, if Chandler could do that to him, then Eddie can do it to him worse. Also, Eddie is better in every aspect of the game compared to Chandler. Eddie's got nothing to worry about.

^i havent watched the entire event yet but man Hector can honestly put up a good fight against Anderson Silva if the match does happen. It's just that reach of Anderson can be the deciding factor in this fight.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql74_MlCl9s&feature=player_embedded
^Tae Kwon Do does workcool

Dayum that momentum! I think striking like this is going to make its way back into mma eventually. I think Machida and Anderson are just a glimpse of what we might be seeing in the ring. That's what makes MMA so exciting. Evolution. In boxing, where else can it evolve? I'll always love boxing, but there's not real room for evolution. In MMA, we're currently in the reign of the wrestler. Either one of 2 things are going to happen. 1 strikers are going to get beast at TDD or JJ guys are going to become amazing. Or both.

As far as silva vs lombard.......................nah. I'm sure it would be exciting. But Silva's too good. And his reach is too much.
May 16, 2011 @ 05:46 PM
Anubis10

so i hope that its not the end of brock with his diverticulitis and all. but he was recentley quoted saying: "
May 16, 2011 @ 11:10 PM
Waves

what ever happened to kimbo? lol
May 16, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
Waves

I heard he went to japan or some shit lol
May 17, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzwisCnzVI&NR=1

I think scotty will like this. It got me all emotional man. I love Jones, but I'd love to see Shogun take the title back from whoever has it.
May 17, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mePhUm5OpbQ&feature=player_embedded

damn son imagine this dude in MMA with great TDD? suprised
May 17, 2011 @ 12:33 PM
Scotty

Dave great video, great to see Shogun back in his natural environment with guys that have made him who he is and pushing him harder to become better! Also i think Mark Munoz is a good addition to this gym cause he is a good wrestler, what these guys need in their gym.. So now they can, learn to use JJ off there back for wrestlers as well as keep it on their feet! Im really excited to see what these guys look like in there next fights!

Phil davis a funny guy.. Laughed at this abit but what he says is true!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePrbIdyK2VE&feature=player_embedded

BJ Penn and Jake Shields calling each other out!

DREAM 17 Full Card on May 27th live on HDnet

Uyenoyama/Yamamoto winner vs. Maeda/Tokoro winner (Japan bantamweight-tourney semifinal)
Fujiwara/Imanari winner vs. Osawa/Otsuka winner (Japan bantamweight-tourney semifinal)
Shinya Aoki vs. Shane Nelson (last minute replacement)
Katsunori Kikuno vs. Daisuke Nakamura
Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura vs. Caol Uno
Takeshi Inoue vs. Koichiro Matsumoto
Joachim Hansen vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
Kenji Osawa vs. Takafumi Otsuka (Japan bantamweight-tourney first round)
Keisuke Fujiwara vs. Masakazu Imanari (Japan bantamweight-tourney first round)
Yoshiro Maeda vs. Hideo Tokoro (Japan bantamweight-tourney first round)
Darren Uyenoyama vs. Atsushi Yamamoto (Japan bantamweight-tourney first round)
May 18, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

+i hope BJ doesnt get gassed out...

Some cool stuff

www.comictwart.com/2011/05/nick-diaz-by-rev-dave-johnson.html

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

May 18, 2011 @ 01:11 AM
tommy350

Started to learn some take downs grapples just for self defense... great stuff!
May 18, 2011 @ 01:24 PM
Scotty

Sonnen is now suspended until June 29, 2012 for be convicted of money laundering and failing to be honest with the commission about his illegal testosterone finding.. He cannot apply for a licence anywhere til his suspension is up.. Even then other states can deny him of his licence..

Sonnen is an idiot, first he tries to tell the commission he told the doctor about his reasoning of taking the testosterone then later tells the commission he didnt specifically tell them he thought his manager told them.. Lied and got caught, tried to turn it into another lie and got caught again! Then he goes off and launders 10,000 dollars.. HAHAHA

KJ with the big bosses

* I believe KJ has one more fight on his strikeforce contract, could be 2 but think its 1 left.. And hasnt resigned with em, so he might be making the move up...

- Paul Daley might return to the UFC! Dana liked his performance against Diaz but also Jake Ellenberger calling Daley out an sayd thats who he wants to fight next!
May 18, 2011 @ 08:29 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

+Cyrus Washington is a fuckin' beast. holy shit he's like overeem + bonja + souwer combined lololol

+Sonnen is a real life troll. lmaoooo

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

May 19, 2011 @ 04:24 PM
Scotty

This is some bullshit... UFC 140 could be GSP vs. Diaz, if everything works out BUT guess where this fight is going to take place? Oh go figure, Canada better yet, in Montreal! This is some bullshit, GSP yet agains gets to fight for the title in his hometown AGAIN? How does GSP even get this luxury when all of his fights are boring as hell and he can even finish a fight? If this fight happens, im going to love to see Diaz beat GSP in his hometown.. But also guess what unfair, Ceasar Gracie cant get a US passport.. Reason he wasnt there for Jake Shields or any of his team in toronto.. Now if Diaz were to fight there, Ceasar couldnt be in his corner.. This should be in a mutual place, not give GSP another fight in Montreal.. Shit is just BS, now i really hope Diaz batters his face, and im not even a fan of Diaz.. haha
May 19, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
imtheman

This is some bullshit... UFC 140 could be GSP vs. Diaz, if everything works out BUT guess where this fight is going to take place? Oh go figure, Canada better yet, in Montreal! This is some bullshit, GSP yet agains gets to fight for the title in his hometown AGAIN? How does GSP even get this luxury when all of his fights are boring as hell and he can even finish a fight? If this fight happens, im going to love to see Diaz beat GSP in his hometown.. But also guess what unfair, Ceasar Gracie cant get a US passport.. Reason he wasnt there for Jake Shields or any of his team in toronto.. Now if Diaz were to fight there, Ceasar couldnt be in his corner.. This should be in a mutual place, not give GSP another fight in Montreal.. Shit is just BS, now i really hope Diaz batters his face, and im not even a fan of Diaz.. haha

Yeah man I knew this shit would happen.. might as well just tell the world whos nuts youre on the most Dana. FUCK CANADA!! Havent given us shit except maple syrup.. cuz God knows theyre not providing us with fighters.
This fight would sell out in any major MMA market, not just Canada?! Just host it in Vegas!?
I'm pretty positive that if the GSP v Silva fight ever happened, it would be in Canada.. fuckin whack.
May 19, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I think it's because Canada has more MMA fans. I remember, I think it was Rogan who said that. That's why Toronto sold out the biggest venue UFC's ever been in. Guess who sold those tickets? GSP. If GSP wasn't such a big draw in canada, I'm sure they'd have it somewhere else. It's all about money.
May 19, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
ateeeewuh.

aren't all of nicks fights pretty much in california?
May 19, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
imtheman

aren't all of nicks fights pretty much in california?

I think they are, but if dude went anywhere else, he'd get denied a license to fight cuz of the weeeeeeed!! haaa
May 20, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
Scotty

I think it's because Canada has more MMA fans. I remember, I think it was Rogan who said that. That's why Toronto sold out the biggest venue UFC's ever been in. Guess who sold those tickets? GSP. If GSP wasn't such a big draw in canada, I'm sure they'd have it somewhere else. It's all about money.

Yeah of course but the event would still sell out even if GSP wasnt on the card, it just sells out faster.. But still doesnt justify that this guy never has to leave Canada to fight.. When there is other guys who have to travel the world to fight every time they are on a card.. I mean fighting in your hometown is great and everyone should get that chance but having the last 3 fights in your hometown, just isnt fair to other fighters.. Yet again, shows they care more about money and there golden boy then they do other fighters.. But i bet Nick wont agree with it, for one Ceasar wouldnt be able to be there in his corner and he will ask the same questions were asking why in Canada again.. We'll see, it would be awesome to see GSP lose in his hometown though! hahaha

- Another rumor coming about that Overeem is tired with scott coker and the strikeforce organization.. Overeem has been reported saying, he is upset cause he hasnt been given what was promised to him.. Coker said Overeem would get the first shot at Fedor but he has yet to fight him.. He wanted another fight after the rogers fight but still hasnt gotten one.. So supposedly he is going to fight Werdum in the tournament then Vacate the title and move on(UFC) cause his contract would be up...
May 23, 2011 @ 12:00 PM
Scotty

Ninja Rua announced retirement

* After taking a big head kick and losing at BAMMA 6 over the weekend, The Ninja announced his retirement! He said he is time was done fighting and time to move on.. Kinda feel bad, he is young but he just never had what Shogun has when it came to fighting.. In my opinion anyway, he just never got to that skill level his brother has and he always was in Shoguns shadow.. Still enjoyed some of his fights and he did become EliteXC champ but just didnt have it i guess...

- Sonnen's suspension was reversed at his last hearing, the commission decided to suspend his license til june 29th 2011 instead of 2012.. But he still has to try to reapply for one to get it reinstated.. And the commission can deny the licence if they feel he doesnt deserve to get one..

Few events this coming weekend, UFC 130, DREAM 17 and Titan Fighting 18

UFC 130
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Matt Hamill vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson * Rampage is going to KO/TKO Hamill
Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson * Mir about to submit big country
Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve
Jorge Santiago vs. Brian Stann * Santiago about to impress everyone with his return
Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story * My boy Thiago about to add to his highlight reel!

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Demetrious Johnson vs. Miguel Torres * Very interesting match up
Tim Boetsch vs. Kendall Grove

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook.com)
Bart Palaszewski vs. Gleison Tibau
Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald
Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo

Titan Fighting Championship 18
Jens Pulver vs. Brian Davidson

* Pulling for Jens again! This would make 3 in a row if he wins!
May 23, 2011 @ 06:44 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

www.galsguidetomma.com/2011/5/23/2184047/20-questions-with-chael-sonnen
^lmao @ question 6 LOOOL

+man Ninja was capable of staying top but i felt like he has never evolved to the level that rest of fighters were evolving. not to mention, he was taking all the crazy fights like heavyweight bout? with all that fucking guts only to get KTFO'd by Sergei. Regardless he has provided many great fights. I wish him much luck in the future :D

May 24, 2011 @ 07:39 AM
islaphipsters

Side note: my man Turkish Mike is a doctor by profession and does MMA. Shit is wild yo..
May 24, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
DonPedro

mmajunkie.com/news/23531/white-still-a-boxing-fan-duboef-says-sport-can-benefit-from-ufc-mentality.mma

Looking down the line, maybe 5-10 years, when there's no longer Pac mans and Mayweathers to put on huge superfights....when boxers can no longer command $20 mil purses....I believe we're going to start seeing more pure breed boxers enter MMA to earn their living. I don't think it's that hard to imagine. I mean, look at all the wrestlers trying their hand at MMA. UFC is to college wrestling what the NFL is the college football. I'm thinking in the future, MMA will be a viable competitor for boxer's attention. And I don't mean dudes who can't hack it in boxing. I mean dudes who've been on the undercard for too long and want more money for their efforts. I'd love to see some of these gully ass mexican boxers learn to sprawl. suprised

A man can dream. But I think I'm on to something.

I doubt that, gully ass mexican and puerto rican fighters are always gonna have a market
May 25, 2011 @ 10:56 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I doubt that, gully ass mexican and puerto rican fighters are always gonna have a market

They will always have a market. I'm not saying boxing will go bankrupt and cease to exist. But how many fights do they have to take for crumbs before they can actually make a good living? Then how many fights until you get a 6 figure payday? I'm thinking that soon MMA will be more lucrative for up n comers. It's safer too. That might convince a few guys. It's also lacking dudes with good hands, so boxers have that advantage if they can develop a sprawl. I'm just saying, in the future, I'm thinking MMA will lure more boxers since it's potentially a quicker path to better money.

At least that's my hope. >sad I just wanna see a dude who's a great technical boxer as a foundation to see how he'll do in MMA. You know, before they're a decade removed from their prime.
May 26, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
Scotty

Just watched the Countdown and got me excited.. Rampage back on a card, always been a fan and love watching him fight! Mir back on the card, he is one of my favorite heavy weights! And my favorite WW Thiago Alves on the same card! Boy this is going to be an exciting card.. Also Santiago making a return against stan.. Already made my picks over the weekend, few post back and they stand!

Best part of the countdown was Rick Story's trainers says "Thiago Alves I dare u to meet rick in the center of the octagon and bang with him" hahahahaha Does this dude know who he is talking too, has he watched Thiago Alves? U think Thiago isnt going to run up to Story and bang? Shit had me laughing, think story;s trainer needs to watch some more of Thiago so he isnt surprised when Thiago is blasting Story with huge punches and chopping leg kicks!

Other news: If KJ wins at Strikeforce: Werdum vs. Overeem, he will get the next shot at Gilbert Melendez!
May 27, 2011 @ 02:51 PM
Scotty

TUF 14 COACHES ANNOUNCED! And they are...............

JASON MAYHEM MILLER vs. MICHAEL BISPING!

HAHAHAHA! This is awesome, Mayhem on TUF, this is going to be great! His twitter posts to Dana and the UFC have paid off by tweeting them "watch the rating sky rocket" hahaha Im excited to see what happens this season.. They will also meet at the end of the season as well!

Speaking of TUF, anyone been paying attention this season? Especially last episode.. Zach rematch against Charlie? Feel bad for Zach, after going to the hospital after the fight, he got the worst news any fighter will ever get while fighting.. Zach was told he would never be able to fight again because he ripped something in both eyes really bad so if they get ripped again he will go blind.. Career was getting started, even though he lost Dana said he would fiht again in the UFC cause the way he fights and then gets that news.. Feel bad for him
May 28, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

UFC 130 [2morrow. Prelims will start @ 3:45 for free on UFC facebook and @ 5:00, the Spike network will air prelims Pacific time btw]

Main card
Quinton Jackson (205) vs. Matt Hamill (205) * I love Quinton, but this fight depends on "WRESTLING"
Frank Mir (260) vs. Roy Nelson (260) * I wouldnt surprise to see Big Country KOs Mir 2morrow
Thiago Alves (170) vs. Rick Story (170) * Rick Story is awesome... but Thiago is just superior fighter
Stefan Struve (255) vs. Travis Browne (247) * tossed up really. I hope skyscraper pulls it off though
Brian Stann (186) vs. Jorge Santiago (185) *I really like these two fighters sad

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Miguel Torres (135.5) vs. Demetrious Johnson (135.5)
Kendall Grove (185) vs. Tim Boetsch (186)

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Gleison Tibau (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155)
Michael McDonald (136) vs. Chris Cariaso (135)
Renan Barao (135) vs. Cole Escovedo (135)

cool Stacked cards

+ there was a rumor around the web that if Stann wins this fight, he'd be a TUF coach. I guess it was BS. anyways I probably still won't watch that show though.

May 28, 2011 @ 04:45 AM
matt

TUF 14 COACHES ANNOUNCED! And they are...............

JASON MAYHEM MILLER vs. MICHAEL BISPING!

HAHAHAHA! This is awesome, Mayhem on TUF, this is going to be great! His twitter posts to Dana and the UFC have paid off by tweeting them "watch the rating sky rocket" hahaha Im excited to see what happens this season.. They will also meet at the end of the season as well!

Speaking of TUF, anyone been paying attention this season? Especially last episode.. Zach rematch against Charlie? Feel bad for Zach, after going to the hospital after the fight, he got the worst news any fighter will ever get while fighting.. Zach was told he would never be able to fight again because he ripped something in both eyes really bad so if they get ripped again he will go blind.. Career was getting started, even though he lost Dana said he would fiht again in the UFC cause the way he fights and then gets that news.. Feel bad for him

yeah man sad stuff. but i think ramsey's gonna take it all!
May 28, 2011 @ 09:04 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

OK so after watching the alves fight, I'm at a point where I'm starting to believe that if they reform MMA, they shouldn't award takedowns anymore. Not unless they reward sprawls. If a guy likes to wrestle he shouldn't get points unless the guys who like to stand get points for standing up. Also, I believe any points awarded for clinch advantages should be immediately nullified if it's so inactive that the ref has to break it.

Basically, Alves did the most damage. But story wins because he got a couple takedowns and was more aggressive. That's BS.
May 28, 2011 @ 09:07 PM
Glaq

^^Agree...a takedown for a wrestler is like a punch or a kick to a striker... disappointed that alves lost, i already knew it after the first take down razz
May 28, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
Hamster Boy

wow kinda boring
i think roy nelson should consider cutting all that fat its fuckin with his gas tank

SEQUENCE http://www.sequence.us

May 29, 2011 @ 12:28 PM
Scotty

Good night a fights i guess!

UFC NEEDS THE YELLOW CARD! This shit is getting ridiculous.. Rick story's game plan was to hold Thiago against the cage for 2 rounds and try to avoid him in the 3rd round.. All he did was hold then get a couple takedowns which Thiago got right back up.. Octagon control should be out of the rulings, this shit int a wrestling match.. Thiago whooped his ass in the 3rd round, should have proved to the judges what Story was doing.. Bullshit and also ho wu going to call out a top guy and not even fight... BULLSHIT!

- Migual Torres needs to leave Montreal, that gym is doing him no help whatsoever.. Basically turning this guy into GSP isnt going to work.. Guy doesnt even throw any punches and tries to just do ground work.. I mean his ground game is great but he used to have a killer instinct and he even said in pre fight interview, that he was just going to try to get the win.. Hmm.. who else says that? He had like a 9 inch reach advantage in this fight.. But cant take anything away from Johnson, he fought like little animal against torres.. Everytime torres try to get position he would stop it..

- Brian Stann with an impressive TKO against Santiago.. And Travis brown with the Superman punch for the KO!

- Mir just handled Nelson! Just beat em up for 3 rounds and did what ever he wanted in the fight.. But damn Nelson can take some shots, Mir threw some huge knees and big elbows but nelson still didnt go out! Also Mir fought with a broken jaw and rib, shows he wanted this win..

- Rampage showing he has top takedown defense! Matt Hamill had nothing against Rampage and rampage looked good but broke his hand so couldnt finish him at the end! Hamill another dude who can take some shots, Ramage hit him with some pretty big shots and hamill stayed with it.. Rampage is next in line for Jones unless he needs surgery on his hand! And i will say Rampage will test jon jones!

Please login first to reply.