FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
July 6, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
El-SD

Forrest Griffin won! Woot Woot!
July 6, 2008 @ 11:36 AM
daaangster

Rampage should have won, I thought he beat Forest in most of the rounds.
July 7, 2008 @ 02:49 AM
chopstickthugz

same. got the $50 tickets. section 209, row j.

i was thinking about the binoculars too. haha but i already have some so i just might use those.

Nice!! if both Fedor n Barnett win their fight in Affliction 1, then they'll most likely to fight each other for Affliction 2. thats only if both agrees n especially if Fedor is available since he was positive about potential rematch with Crocop on NYE in Japan

*For UFC 86, i do believe Forrest won that fight and yet it was a close fight. big factor were leg kicks which Rampage didnt even bother to check and submission attempts that almost got Rampage in the triangle n incomplete omoplata that got him back on his feet. and last, the 2nd round was total domination by Forrest.

i did root for Rampage, i hope he changed it up his tactics n out more aggressive. instead of throwing upper cuts all the time. he only threw 1 leg kick. he shouldve gone for takedowns so he could earn some points. he did get knockdown in 1st round though

with that being said, i want rematch in the future. Rampage vs Silva 3 or Forrest vs Chuck would be very possible.

btw for those who thought Rampage won the fight then check this out
www.fightmetric.com/fights/Griffin-Rampage.html
July 7, 2008 @ 03:42 AM
Janavar

^

...that kind of proves that Rampage won
July 7, 2008 @ 01:09 PM
**tonestar**

i kinda wish griffin didnt take rampage to the ground after he took out the leg.
July 8, 2008 @ 03:49 AM
chopstickthugz

i kinda wish griffin didnt take rampage to the ground after he took out the leg.

well this is MMA which includes grappling!!!
anyways i like the way Forrest took him down, front choke. if he was to tryin to take him down by double or single leg take down. i bet he failed miserably because we all know that Rampage is really good at wrestling n clinch with enormous strength. that's probably why when he mounted rampage, he stayed very close to body because rampage is good at bridge n couldve got of mount position

*sidenote: they are already talkin about rematch n Rampage n Juanito think judges' scores were BS. although i think the winner between Evan vs Chuck will most likely get the title shot... i hate chuck btw... if chuck gets the title shot against Forrest. I REALLY HOPE FORREST KILLS HIM
July 19, 2008 @ 04:19 AM
chopstickthugz

according to Dana White, Ramage was on religious fasting for 4 days with only water n energy drink... it sounds odd to me but in a time like this, Rampage needs fans support more than anybody! i hope to see him back in the cage soon!

* yeah im going to SEE AFFLICTION BANNED LIVE
unfortunelly Aleksander Emelienko will not be fighting by the State commissioner cuz Aleks didnt receive medical clearenace, so Paul will fight against Gary Goodridgeman

MAIN CARD (PPV)

* Fedor Emelianenko (230) vs. Tim Sylvia (263)
* Andrei Arlovski (241) vs. Ben Rothwell (264)
* Josh Barnett (256) vs. Pedro Rizzo (242)
* Renato “Babalu” Sobral (201) vs. Mike Whitehead (206)
* Matt Lindland (185) vs. Fabio Nascimento (185)
* Edwin Dewees (205) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205)
* J.J. Ambrose (170) vs. Mike Pyle (171)
* Ray Lazama (186) vs. Justin Levens (189) *

PRELIMINARY CARD (FSN)

* Paul Buentello vs. Gary Goodridge
* Vitor Belfort (185) vs. Terry Martin (185.5)
* Mark Hominick (144) vs. Savant Young (145)

notice the weight difference between Fedor n Tim.... freakin 33lbs!!!
July 19, 2008 @ 10:40 PM

Inactive

Silva dropped bombs! Next...
July 19, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
Janavar

osh

Fedor by rape
July 19, 2008 @ 11:35 PM

Inactive

Josh/Pedro was teh best card of the night imo

^ Dana must be crying
July 20, 2008 @ 01:05 AM

Inactive

nah man Arlovski/Rothwell was the fight of the night. close 2nd was fedor/sylvia.

fuck tonight was great

I didn't get to catch the Arlovski/Rothwell fight *had to make a quick stop at the 7/11* but came on time for the Fedor fight. But boy did Fedor toy Sylvia around.. Wouldn't surprise me if Fedor/Couture and Barnett/Arlovski bout happens on the same night.
July 20, 2008 @ 01:12 AM

Inactive

^ that or Barnett/Fedor would be better than Couture.
July 20, 2008 @ 05:36 AM
chopstickthugz

holy shit Affliction was GREAT!! it somewhat reminded me of Pride FC, the way the present fighters. i also liked Megadeth rockin on! it was indeed wholesome EVENT

crowd went crazy when Barnett koed Rizzo n when Fedor submitted Tim. ppl loved Andrei too. yelling out his name. Babalu was popular too
affliction has proved that Fedor is #1, old Vitor is back, Barnett could bang. Andrei is back in the game too!!!

after the main event, i honestly thought Randy got scared lil bit by lookin at his face... maybe thinkin' "this mofo is a real RUSSIAN CYBORG n what have i gotten myself into"
one more thing, i like ring way more than a cage. more actions n easy for crowds to watch the fight

*i only watched Silva vs Irvin. it was SPIDER all the way! damn he just caught his leg then BAM... GAME OVER!
July 20, 2008 @ 04:19 PM
scfdefinit

Arlovski flying knee

July 24, 2008 @ 04:17 AM
chopstickthugz

DREAM 5 light weight GP.... SPOILER!!!!

the winner is Joachim Hanson, due to Eddie Alvarez's cut near his eye.

man i was so happy to see Aoki gettin his ass WHOOP by Joachim. A revenge is a sweet as it can get.

btw 1st title defense will be against Eddie Alvarez. their 1st bout was AMAZING!
also i cant believe Mark Hunt lost... i would say it was his mistake for him to take Alistar to the ground.

Akiyama won too. i hope to see more action from him!!!
July 24, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
James Bond 007

^^ Arlovski caught him with a lot of thigh, or else he would have been out.

And lol at Fedor wiping the kiss off.
August 5, 2008 @ 05:46 AM
ninjedi-prime

is arlovski wearing his fang mouth guard?
August 6, 2008 @ 01:15 AM
kdiddy

GSP FTW on Sat.
August 6, 2008 @ 02:31 PM
Mute

Fedor will submit arlovski in the first round...
what I want to know is when the hell will he lose?
He's obviously in his prime, he's the best p4p fighter in the world with the possible exception of Silva....who beats this guy?
August 6, 2008 @ 09:04 PM
kdiddy

If it stays on the feet it will be a good fight. Honestly, his only real competition is locked up with the UFC right now.
August 6, 2008 @ 09:19 PM

Inactive

DREAM 5 light weight GP.... SPOILER!!!!

the winner is Joachim Hanson, due to Eddie Alvarez's cut near his eye.

man i was so happy to see Aoki gettin his ass WHOOP by Joachim. A revenge is a sweet as it can get.

btw 1st title defense will be against Eddie Alvarez. their 1st bout was AMAZING!
also i cant believe Mark Hunt lost... i would say it was his mistake for him to take Alistar to the ground.

Akiyama won too. i hope to see more action from him!!!

Eddie Alvarez is becoming one of my favorite fighters. DREAM needs to properly promote this guy. DREAM has the lightweight on lock but I'm still waiting for some raising stars that isn't in that division and not named Manhoef, Akiyama, Kang, Cro Cop, Overeem and Hunt. I'm hoping that Mayhem Miller performs well in DREAM because the guy has tons of personality and is easily marketable for DREAM. I would also like to see more of both Jacare and Mousasi.
August 7, 2008 @ 01:46 PM
James Bond 007

Fedor will submit arlovski in the first round...
what I want to know is when the hell will he lose?
He's obviously in his prime, he's the best p4p fighter in the world with the possible exception of Silva....who beats this guy?

The possible exception of Silva... thats comical. They arent even in the same hemisphere when it comes to p4p, in fact, no one really is
August 7, 2008 @ 06:11 PM
Mute

The possible exception of Silva... thats comical. They arent even in the same hemisphere when it comes to p4p, in fact, no one really is

if you read what i said, i said Fedor's the most dominant. Silva isn't an exception, but he has to be considered when you look at the top p4p in the world.
August 7, 2008 @ 10:13 PM
kdiddy

As of late, I'd say Silvia is as every bit as dominant as Fedor, especially if you consider the quality of competition Silvia has been up against. His next few fights will be a true test, since he's in a much more competitive weight class now.
August 10, 2008 @ 12:15 AM

Inactive

Brock is a beast! Although he gave Heath a falcon punch, i wasn't digging the point, jump and laughter by him afterward.. especially when he did it then hugged the guy. Other than that, Brock needs to learn to sub, well at least a rear neck choke because Herring was exposing his head so many damn times.
August 10, 2008 @ 12:33 AM
Joweee

Brock is a beast! Although he gave Heath a falcon punch, i wasn't digging the point, jump and laughter by him afterward.. especially when he did it then hugged the guy. Other than that, Brock needs to learn to sub, well at least a rear neck choke because Herring was exposing his head so many damn times.

Hahaha pretty funny.

The Kenny Flo match was pretty good to.
August 10, 2008 @ 02:52 AM
javierismilo

Hahaha pretty funny.

i missed like 3 mins in the 1st round, did i miss anything good?
August 11, 2008 @ 01:46 PM
imtheman

Hahaha pretty funny.

I actually thought the Macdonald vs Maia was the better fight of the under cards. Lots of wrestling, submission attempts & escapes... GSP & Fitch though was pretty damn good.
August 11, 2008 @ 01:51 PM
imtheman

That punch from Lesnar to Herrings face has got to be one the craziest I've seen.. I mean the power behind it caused Herring to roll back & force Herring to do a reverse roll to gain his balance!
Herring took that beating like a man though, all credit to him. They need another wrestler sized fighter like Lesnar to match him up with, but who!?!? I say put Kimbo Slice in an un-official parking lot fight & let Kimbo taste some damage!
August 11, 2008 @ 05:10 PM
El-SD

Why you nigars not post who tf won?

Please login first to reply.