Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
July 2, 2007 @ 10:06 AM

Inactive

So I just started golfing real heavily. Still dont really know what the fuck Im doing, but it's alot of fun. Anyone else golf?
July 2, 2007 @ 05:07 PM
FearItSelf

yeah, i belong to my local cc
July 3, 2007 @ 06:39 AM

Inactive

one person? >_<

ok dude...I have a few questions...

what is a golf handicap?
July 3, 2007 @ 09:15 AM
Peter Suh

I can't think of anything whitty or anecdotal to reply sad My uncle in Ohio golfs frequently. I think he's just trying to get away from my aunt though.
July 5, 2007 @ 01:18 AM
croook

same here, ive also gotten into golf heavily but barely have time too play except the occasional drive down to the range...love the sport but i still suck it haha
July 5, 2007 @ 01:55 AM
golfer8

Handicap?
A golf handicap is the number that you average over par for 18 holes. If your handicap is 7, means that your average score for 18 holes is 7 over par. The lower the number the better.
Have fun and playing golf doesnt generally mean hitting balls at the range, hitting the course is what its all about, if you have time. Thats why most of us practise, to lower the handicap.
July 5, 2007 @ 02:06 AM
pachucasunrise

Golf kicks ass. I've been playing on and off for 10 years, and just recently started playing again. I haven't been able to get an Eagle yet though.
July 5, 2007 @ 08:44 AM

Inactive

A golf handicap is the number that you average over par for 18 holes. If your handicap is 7, means that your average score for 18 holes is 7 over par. The lower the number the better.
Have fun and playing golf doesnt generally mean hitting balls at the range, hitting the course is what its all about, if you have time. Thats why most of us practise, to lower the handicap.

Thanks alot for the info. I should be going out to the course today if it doesnt rain.
July 5, 2007 @ 03:04 PM

Inactive

i dont know if you call cussing and being super frustrated golfing but if it is, then i guess im a golfer...
July 5, 2007 @ 03:17 PM
MystaX

my dad made me golf with him since i was 10 or so, played intramural all through HS and was asked to try out for the team but didn't want to get too into, then kinda stopped during college... but ive picked it up again in the past few months, even went to the driving range during the winter time... gettin back to my old form, jus need alot of practice before i tackle a course again... its frustrating sometimes but so rewarding when you get that perfect swing
July 5, 2007 @ 03:36 PM
myswag

mini golf is the shit
July 5, 2007 @ 04:33 PM
FearItSelf

pros handicaps are around zero, top pros such as tiger woods have handicaps at negative 5
July 5, 2007 @ 05:34 PM
pachucasunrise

^

aren't people who shoot anything below par considered "scratch" players?
July 5, 2007 @ 11:33 PM
James Bond 007

I play golf, not that bad either. I shoot in the mid 70's.
July 6, 2007 @ 12:54 AM
golfer8

A scratch golfer is someone who plays of a handicap of 0, meaning he shoots even par on average. Most Pros on the US Tour will play off a handicap of +4ish, anywhere between +1 & +6. Its called + but "503" was right when he said negative, they just call is +.
Happy golfing guys!!!
July 6, 2007 @ 01:33 AM
bklynbenz

played div 1 in college
July 6, 2007 @ 06:58 AM

Inactive

So Uh golfer...whats your handicap?
July 6, 2007 @ 12:19 PM
Evgraf

haha talk to tcpdesigns he will give you the rundown

http://cavalieressentials.com/

July 14, 2007 @ 09:08 AM

Inactive

bump for all the golfers
July 15, 2007 @ 04:55 PM
GrainBelt

i'm playin college golf in the fall, currently a +1.5 handicap, waht do you wanna know?
July 15, 2007 @ 05:55 PM
dare2dream

Hey Boyz, well I also run a company called Dare2Dream Peak Performance in which I work as a mental conditioning coach to Pro and Am golfers from all over the world (www.dare2dream.net.au) I work with Nationwide player David Lutterus and 2 time 2007 Canadian Tour winner Adam Bland. I used to play off a handicap of 1 as well and looked to turn pro before a hideous back injury. So great game and most of it played above the shoulders, so thats what I do for a job, pretty kool huh!!!!
Enjoy your games uinless your playing somewhere like melbourne where its fukin freezing!!!!!!!!sad
July 15, 2007 @ 07:09 PM

Inactive

TCP and Dare...thats awesome.

Truthfully, I know very little about golf at this point. I didnt grow up watching or playing it. My past in golf goes as far as catching highlights of Tiger Woods fist pumps on Sportscenter. But, since I moved to Houston to attend lawschool i actually ended up in a community with a country club in my back yard so i got into it kinda by default. I started this to see who else was into it and just to get some pointers from people who actually knew what they where doing. Im gonna actually hit barnes and noble to get some books on the subject cyz right now im basically going in blind with no one really to teach me.
July 17, 2007 @ 04:24 PM

Inactive

bump
July 17, 2007 @ 05:02 PM
bklynbenz

most of it played above the shoulders

true story. 2 good books to read by dr bob rutella are golf is not a game of perfect and golf is a game of confidence. if you got the physical part of the game down, get your head right and watch the scores drop. awesome job btw dare.
July 18, 2007 @ 12:45 AM
dare2dream

Thanks bklynbenz and yes, Bob Rotella's stuff is very good. Complex information delivered in a very understandable fashion, I Like!!!
I suppose that i have seen alot of mentally strong players demolish those that are physically capable through the years, so I obviously perceive the mental aspect to be the most important but if you can do what bklynbenz said and get the 2 working together, LOOKOUT!!!!!!!!!smile
July 18, 2007 @ 06:24 AM

Inactive

I'm hitting the course this morning. Just trying to work at it everyday. And, Im gonna purchase those books. Thanks
July 18, 2007 @ 07:07 AM
dare2dream

Met with a publisher today that is interested in publishing my book on the mental side of golf. If the bitch gets published i will personally send you a copy boys to help you along, or hinder,lol!!! We will wait and seesmile
July 18, 2007 @ 07:55 AM
bklynbenz

Met with a publisher today that is interested in publishing my book on the mental side of golf. If the bitch gets published i will personally send you a copy boys to help you along, or hinder,lol!!! We will wait and seesmile

nice, good luck
July 18, 2007 @ 08:23 AM

Inactive

Waiting for my copy already
July 19, 2007 @ 07:52 AM
dare2dream

A quiz question for you all????
Who played with Tiger Woods in the last group, on the last day of this years US Open Golf Championship??
Hint= I was one of his groomsmen at his wedding and he is a best mate of mine!!!
Check my website and you may get a clue.

Useless information I know but something to do I reckonsmile

Please login first to reply.