Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 16, 2007 @ 07:16 PM
Estopa

So I sprained my ankle back in May 2006, and like an idiot I didnt give it time to heal. So I kept on skating like few days after the sprain, then I skated during the whole summer and all. But I noticed that every time I tried to land a trick my bad ankle would like move out the way. Like for some reason my ankles intention was to not land. So then I sprained it again in Oct, and then I went to Physical Therapy for a few months and all. Just started skating again and I still have the same problem. And I forgot to add my ankle is still swollen. It went down a little but it's been swollen since last may, almost a year now. What do I do? Cause I really wanna land my tricks but my ankle is being gay and all.
April 16, 2007 @ 08:26 PM
Estopa

help...anyone?
April 17, 2007 @ 07:38 PM
alnit3

go to the doctor and have them take x-rays.
April 17, 2007 @ 08:31 PM
Estopa

I did, they said it was just a sprain, and that was a while ago. Im just asking for help on like what should I do to get my foot to actually land on the board. Like Idk how to overcome that fear.
April 17, 2007 @ 08:57 PM
Estopa

yea I did, I let if heal from oct to like march. Just started skating recently but still the same problem as last year.
April 17, 2007 @ 09:14 PM
thephreak

like u said, it prolly just mental. u keep on thinkin u gon get hurt and then u really do. it prolly easier said than done, but when u doin the trick, try not to think bout ur ankle. once u repeatedly sprain ur ankle, it becomes loose or somethin and it will sprain easily in the future.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

April 17, 2007 @ 09:22 PM
Estopa

yea, thanks. Today I was trying to keep it out of my mind, but I was being a bitch and like worrying bout it.
June 17, 2007 @ 10:32 PM
deliveryboy3

man... you got to focus hard on the tricks! you SHOULD not be on it basically at all until the swelling goes down but if u want to skae that bad then just go for the trick and give it anything... when i broke my arm i was scared to fall alot becuase if i broke it again i would have to get sugery, but you just got to give it everything you got.
June 18, 2007 @ 12:11 AM
HyperBeast5

you can buy ankle supports, and possibly a high top SB might help.
June 18, 2007 @ 10:37 AM
Black Chanler

I didnt want to make a new thread so I will put it in this one.

What the hell do yall guys do to keep from falling out when its hot as hell outside? (question is reallly targeted towards SoCal and Florida skaters since its hot all the time down there)

Its like 80+ around here and I cant do it lol.
June 18, 2007 @ 11:19 AM
DAxDESIGNER112

GET IN THE DOCTORS FACE AND BE LIKE BITCH FIX MY ANKEL I WANNA FUCKIN SKATE LOL I FEEL YOU THO I BROKE MINE SKATING I GOT 6 SCREWS IN IT STILL AH SO CRAZY
June 19, 2007 @ 10:55 AM
creep3

Mind over matter, charge that shit like a fucking viking. Oh and if it is matter fucking you over, charge that doctor.
June 21, 2007 @ 01:14 PM
Deco

People are right, it's definitely all mental (besides the swelling). I sprained both ankles skating this past year, now I just wear ankle braces. You can't really stop it from happening even with braces, but it doesn't fuck with me as much mentally since they feel more stable with the braces on. Braces don't let them move as well, though.

Please login first to reply.