February 12, 2014 @ 06:21 AM
B.M.

Sorry for the wack title, but where my boxing heads at? Fox Sports 1 teaming up with Golden Boy has a handful of pretty good fights each week. I know ESPN had Friday Night Fights and shit in the past, but it seemed like an afterthought because ESPN couldn't discriminate. 

I grew up watching a rack of boxing as a young bull and I thought shit was dead with the rise of UFC and such. Now I can confidently say it's back. Light to middleweight is teeming with talent. I think both Danny Garcia and Canelo have fights in March.

Idk, just wanted to put some boxing shit in here without having to revive a two month old OFFICIAL: Boxing Thread.

"I got smokers hitting rocks making Stevie J faces" - Quilly

March 3, 2014 @ 04:55 AM
STREETSTRUCK

Maidana vs Mayweather May 3rd….TYBG

TWITTER: @THESUSGOD IG: STREETSTRUCKBIZ WEB STORE: WWW.STREETSTRUCK.BIZ

March 4, 2014 @ 02:28 AM
B.M.

When Maidana fought Broner, I had no idea who he was. I dropped a bet on him anyway because FUCK BRONER. I'm finna do the same exact thing for the Mayweather fight.

March 4, 2014 @ 05:00 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

No disrespect OP but you're making a thread about boxing and you only found out about Maidana in his last fight? Maidana has had tons of fights with notable boxers, Ortiz, BertMorales, Khan etc

Mayweather also is in a completely different league compared to Broner, I don't understand why people don't get that. Stylistically they're different fighters.
March 4, 2014 @ 05:22 AM
Moises Arias

When Maidana fought Broner, I had no idea who he was. I dropped a bet on him anyway because FUCK BRONER. I'm finna do the same exact thing for the Mayweather fight.
prepare to lose money. mayweather aint broner

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

March 5, 2014 @ 02:06 AM
B.M.

No disrespect OP but you're making a thread about boxing and you only found out about Maidana in his last fight? Maidana has had tons of fights with notable boxers, Ortiz, BertMorales, Khan etc

Mayweather also is in a completely different league compared to Broner, I don't understand why people don't get that. Stylistically they're different fighters.
Actually, after Hopkins lost his belt to Taylor, my interest in boxing tapered off. I only came back in the past few years after seeing Danny Garcia and, more recently, Bryant Jennings. Am I am super-homer? Probably. But Philly has a strong boxing scene as it is, regardless.

And ASAC, it's not necessarily losing money. Maidana opened up at +750. If you're not up on gambling, if I drop a $100 bet, a win brings me $750 + the $100 vig. Keeping in mind I won $200 on the Maidana/Broner fight ($50 bet on +400), I'm still up a bean on a loss.

But yes, I probably will lose that bet anyway.

March 5, 2014 @ 07:00 AM
STREETSTRUCK

Im glad Maidana was given the chance to fight the pound for pound king and I'm happy Mayweather chose the better fighter to fight. I hope Maidana wins cause the guy has heart and is tough fighter but so did Gatti but look what Mayweather did to him. 

March 23, 2014 @ 08:48 AM
ftx

so many prospects on the rise... omar figueroa jr / sean porter / 1x thurman etc etc

lomachenko might face gary russell jr soon too i heard
March 23, 2014 @ 05:09 PM
ToyotaGuy

Floyd beats maidana. Easy money for him, easy picked 
April 12, 2014 @ 08:11 PM
thesolecollector23

where can we see the Pacquiao show down tonight for free?

Mista No Slack N My Mack

April 12, 2014 @ 10:49 PM
illsteezy

Any streams for tonight's fight?
April 13, 2014 @ 05:12 AM
thesolecollector23

The Champ is Back Pacquiao Wins!!!

Mista No Slack N My Mack

April 15, 2014 @ 07:19 AM
ftx

Canelo v Lara scheduled for July 12

Ishe Smith ducking Gab Rosado wtf
May 4, 2014 @ 06:47 AM
jaded

Watched the fights tonight. Might have to watch it again when they replay it next weekend. I felt like Maidana was winning a very close fight, little surprised the second judge had it 117-111 for Mayweather, that just seems way out of line. 

If the first judge sees the fight as a draw at 114-114 (6 rounds each) and the second judge sees it as 117-111 (9-3 in favor of Floyd) that's a pretty big discrepancy. Even the third judge scoring it 116-112 (8-4 in favor of Floyd) is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I think 115-113 is a lot more realistic for this fight. It just proves that the judging in boxing is in need of a serious overhaul. 

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 4, 2014 @ 10:59 PM
STREETSTRUCK

Watched the fights tonight. Might have to watch it again when they replay it next weekend. I felt like Maidana was winning a very close fight, little surprised the second judge had it 117-111 for Mayweather, that just seems way out of line. 

If the first judge sees the fight as a draw at 114-114 (6 rounds each) and the second judge sees it as 117-111 (9-3 in favor of Floyd) that's a pretty big discrepancy. Even the third judge scoring it 116-112 (8-4 in favor of Floyd) is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I think 115-113 is a lot more realistic for this fight. It just proves that the judging in boxing is in need of a serious overhaul. 
Agreed. The fight should of been a draw or win for Maidana. Something shady is going on with these judges. 

May 10, 2014 @ 11:29 AM
ftx

They wasn't going to give Maidana a split decision victory in Vegas... Floyd brings too much to Vegas for them to give it to Maidana just like that

Home ground advantage is definitely real
June 15, 2014 @ 05:27 AM
It's Only Hype

so uh.. bump

Ruslan got robbed. I mean props to Algieri, but to come back from the 2 KDs? nahh. 8 rounds to 4? nahh

& Cotto looked great against Sergio
June 27, 2014 @ 12:01 AM
SNTA909

They wasn't going to give Maidana a split decision victory in Vegas... Floyd brings too much to Vegas for them to give it to Maidana just like that

Home ground advantage is definitely real

Floyd won the fight and landed cleaner shots. But floyd needs to fight manny already. Enough is enough.
July 1, 2014 @ 05:33 AM
B.M.

In terms of discrepancy, I feel you. But for a champ to lose his title, the contender needs to show beyond any reasonable doubt he's a better fighter. I'm the biggest Floyd hater, but Maidana didn't do enough to win with a decision...although he did fight incredibly. Hoping for a rematch that will never happen.

And yes, I'm still salty B-Hop lost his title to Jermain Taylor way back when. Somebody broke the unwritten rule. TIE GOES TO THE CHAMP.

P.S. Any hope for Lara against Canelo?

July 29, 2014 @ 11:29 PM
B.M.

Bryant Jennings gonna fuck around and bring the Heavyweight title to Philly, bruhs.

August 26, 2014 @ 09:13 PM
B.M.

I'm dropping large on Maidana at +525.

September 11, 2014 @ 12:51 AM
adamkh123

may weather's gonna mop like every match he's been in.
September 11, 2014 @ 06:57 PM
Ted Dancin

so uh.. bump

Ruslan got robbed. I mean props to Algieri, but to come back from the 2 KDs? nahh. 8 rounds to 4? nahh

& Cotto looked great against Sergio

Ruslan didnt get robbed, get the fuck outta here.

Please login first to reply.