May 11, 2013 @ 10:31 PM
ArmyOfnoN

Getting blocked by Nate Robinson and your still comparing him to Jordan? Smh.

www.ArmyOfnoN.com

May 12, 2013 @ 05:25 PM
al_sharpson

IMO he already is. Skill wise he is but he may never be put over MJ because of what MJ did to the NBA. Kobe Bryant? He's the poor man's version of MJ. 

I look at it this way, if MJ and LeBron both were playing today against each other, it would be like Messi and CR7. Kobe would be Ronaldinho. We all know the latter is flabby and sick.
Great Point

Looking for: Nike Lunar Woven Chukka+ "Multicolor" Sz 12 Nike Lunar Rejuven8 Mid FCRB Sz 12 or 13

May 12, 2013 @ 09:34 PM
cityofsavages

that's the problem with the way we compare players today. With Jordan, we've created this standard. It frames the way we see the game and every player today who's played after Jordan. To even suggest someone has the possibility to become better than him is ludicrous to many. It's dumb. Why can't we appreciate Lebron's skills? He is amazing at basically every aspect of the game. His career isn't over yet. Everyone wants him to be a "killer" or the "closer". Yet when he misses shots people dismiss all of his skills, it's stupid.

my point is, it's problematic the way we view Jordan. I think he's the greatest player ever, it'll be hard for anyone to surpass him, but a big part of that is because of the way we've framed the game.  there is no way to definitively know how players today/from the past would play in other eras. i guess that's what makes talking about this fun and interesting, but fuck outta here if all you're gonna talk about is RINGS. 
I agree with this last part 1.you got to compare them individually championships are a team effort and 2. There's definitely a glass ceiling on top of the NBA that MJ stands on top of because of the icon he was and is. Some people will never say any other player is better than him just because of how he changed the way the game of basketball is played and marketed.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

May 28, 2013 @ 02:37 PM
justinhdz11

Two different players in two different eras. Hard to compare, needless to say Jordan paved the way for players like Lebron and Durant. Jordan>
May 28, 2013 @ 03:41 PM
DStyles

Jordan didn't pave the way for LeBron or Durant. He just made the sport more popular specially overseas. 

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 28, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
justinhdz11

Yeah you're right man, I totally agree. 
June 3, 2013 @ 08:49 PM
imdabestcuhz

Nope never. Not a big fan of Jordan he never had to team with the other best players in the league to win a ring. Jordan way more clutch and killer instinct. He also played in a more physical era.
June 3, 2013 @ 09:39 PM
jamesjebbia

the entire rings argument only goes so far man cause I never hear anyone say Bill Russell is the greatest but use the ring argument to help out jordan
June 5, 2013 @ 04:44 PM
SoleFresh87

the entire rings argument only goes so far man cause I never hear anyone say Bill Russell is the greatest but use the ring argument to help out jordan
Indeed. 

& Nah Never this topic will be around til Lebron retires and the answer will be the same. 

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

June 12, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
thesolecollector23

MJ doesn't loose by 36 points in the finals!

Mista No Slack N My Mack

June 12, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
Moises Arias

MJ doesn't loose by 36 points in the finals!
Come on bro Lebron was facing his biggest challenge TMAC THE GAWD

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 12, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
Zé Pequeno

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

June 20, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
Rudemiester

You know what I noticed?

No one remembers the intricate details of Jordans career. Just chips & highlights.

Which leads me to believe that if LeBron & the Heat win more championships then the fans of the future won't remember the lowlights either. Just the accomplishments. 

He just started the prime of his career and this questions been bouncing around for years already. That should tell you what your answer eventually will be when it's all said and done.
June 20, 2013 @ 11:18 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

IMO he already is. Skill wise he is but he may never be put over MJ because of what MJ did to the NBA. Kobe Bryant? He's the poor man's version of MJ. 

I look at it this way, if MJ and LeBron both were playing today against each other, it would be like Messi and CR7. Kobe would be Ronaldinho. We all know the latter is flabby and sick.
It's become much more common to consider Messi as the best player. Each season this becomes more and more undeniable. Also, Ronaldinho at his peak was considered a great. His form right now wouldn't be comparable to Kobe, who still is considered as a great player.

Although I see the point you're trying to make.
June 21, 2013 @ 12:46 AM
kapu14

When he plays without his headband he can be
June 21, 2013 @ 02:32 AM
DonBishopSpacePimp

Jordan should have stayed retired. If he never did that little comeback run he would have never had any comparisons because he would have shown no weakness and went out like a god. Although he still is the best to ever do it(so far).

http://i.imgur.com/ibTU48g.png #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

June 21, 2013 @ 03:23 PM
Rudemiester

Jordan should have stayed retired. If he never did that little comeback run he would have never had any comparisons because he would have shown no weakness and went out like a god. Although he still is the best to ever do it(so far).
I hear what you're saying but even at 40 he was dropping 40 and 50+. The Wizards era wasn't even about competitive pro basketball to me. It was more of an encore for 90's era bball fans. Nobody expected anything. Everyone was just happy to see him again. 

Remember the comeback commercials? What is Love etc? Smh. Good times.
June 21, 2013 @ 06:46 PM
PRUZZIS

You know what I noticed?

No one remembers the intricate details of Jordans career. Just chips & highlights.

Which leads me to believe that if LeBron & the Heat win more championships then the fans of the future won't remember the lowlights either. Just the accomplishments. 

He just started the prime of his career and this questions been bouncing around for years already. That should tell you what your answer eventually will be when it's all said and done.
uhh mj didn't really have "lowlights." sure, he lost to the magic while wearin dat 45 but you gotta be a bitch to count that since he took a season off. mj was on some other shit. lebron's on some shit too but it ain't mj level yet; might not ever even reach that level but wtvrs just enjoy the game.

can't say that lebron essentially ring-chasing in his prime is a good look though.
June 21, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
DStyles

You know what I noticed?

uhh mj didn't really have "lowlights." sure, he lost to the magic while wearin dat 45 but you gotta be a bitch to count that since he took a season off. mj was on some other shit. lebron's on some shit too but it ain't mj level yet; might not ever even reach that level but wtvrs just enjoy the game.

can't say that lebron essentially ring-chasing in his prime is a good look though.
So wtf do you want him to do? chase records? MVPs?

MJ had Rodman and Pippen. Bron had nobody in Cleveland and still manage to take them to the finals.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

June 21, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
DonBishopSpacePimp

You know what I noticed?

MJ had Rodman and Pippen. Bron had nobody in Cleveland and still manage to take them to the finals.
Yeah.. how is winning championship rings a bad thing?

http://i.imgur.com/ibTU48g.png #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

June 22, 2013 @ 04:32 PM
ibdoi

I find this so funny. The media does WAY too much for LeBron. They're always portraying him as this and that blah blah blah. King James this, King James that. I don't remember Kobe being treated like this. Yeah he's great, best in the league actually, but to compare to the greatest ever thus far is a bit whack. Who knows what the future could hold...a shitty team, career ending injury, etc.

Jordan will always be more vicious and a scoring threat, allowing him to completely take over a game. LeBron on the other hand, loves to dish first when he can, making him and his whole team a threat (esp with those dangerous shooters). Jordan also played during a VICIOUS era, with top players including dominant power forwards and centers, making it harder to score in the paint. As of today, we are in the age of point guards and small forwards. We all have a lot more of LeBron to watch; he just hit his prime last year.
June 22, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
ibdoi

I find this so funny. The media does WAY too much for LeBron. They're always portraying him as this and that blah blah blah. King James this, King James that. I don't remember Kobe being treated like this. Yeah he's great, best in the league actually, but to compare to the greatest ever thus far is a bit whack. Who knows what the future could hold...a shitty team, career ending injury, etc.

Jordan will always be more vicious and a scoring threat, allowing him to completely take over a game. LeBron on the other hand, loves to dish first when he can, making him and his whole team a threat (esp with those dangerous shooters). Jordan also played during a VICIOUS era, with top players including dominant power forwards and centers, making it harder to score in the paint. As of today, we are in the age of point guards and small forwards. We all have a lot more of LeBron to watch; he just hit his prime last year.
June 22, 2013 @ 07:02 PM
Canvas08

you obviously didn't watch that era of basketball besides highlights.

zone defense wasn't allowed back then so the lane was wide open and it was much EASIER to score in the paint. that's why you had the lane open for pick and roll pfs like malone and chuck to crash in, a huge amount of space for hakeem's post moves and a huge amount of empty space for mj to iso and score 40 points a game.

lebron is playing in an era with much harder defense not only because the paint is packed and the lanes are clogged by the new defenses, but players are much bigger and stronger and faster these days. wing players these days are the size of power forwards in the 90s. paul george is way bigger than dennis rodman ever was. lebron is way bigger than bill russell who was the most dominant center of his era.

the people who glamorize 80s and 90s basketball like this didn't watch it. the game is much more physical and fast, the players are more talented and the defenses are way tougher. lebron may not have the legacy mj has now, but he has all of the tools to get there and he very likely will.
July 6, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
metalfingaz

who would win 1 v 1 tho
July 9, 2013 @ 03:24 PM
xeric716x

MJ will always be the best
July 9, 2013 @ 05:49 PM
YoungRizal

Michael Jordan was the best leader to ever play the game - Scottie Pippen

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

July 9, 2013 @ 08:29 PM
Canvas08

July 9, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
Josh

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

July 29, 2013 @ 08:03 AM
PRUZZIS

You know what I noticed?

Yeah.. how is winning championship rings a bad thing?
i never said winning chips was a bad thing. he left his team to go ring chase in his prime. that's a fact.
July 29, 2013 @ 09:30 AM
blutspender

the game is much more physical and fast, the players are more talented and the defenses are way tougher. lebron may not have the legacy mj has now, but he has all of the tools to get there and he very likely will.
The game is much more physical? The game is becoming much weaker, there was a need for the league to start penetalizing flopping, just sayin

Please login first to reply.