Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 10, 2012 @ 09:13 AM
Too Trill

no. maybe he can, but prime kobe>prime jordon.

this

so, you should probably be asking will lebron even be better than kobe

lets see if he can score more than 80 points in a game
August 16, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
bvsed

Never, don't compare the G.O.A.T. to him
March 25, 2013 @ 04:30 AM
Rudemiester

The fact that this question was being asked way before he won his first chip should tell you a lot about peoples perception of LeBron's ability and potential. He's still got to match or do better than 6 chips though.
March 25, 2013 @ 04:48 PM
drizzy

their both their own person who cares whos better its what they do as a player
March 26, 2013 @ 01:30 AM
dsmarket

I doubt it.  I've seen Jordan throughout his career and the drive that Jordan had is unparalleled.  LeBron's got athleticism but as far as killer instinct, it remains to be seen.
March 28, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
Heirjordan237

As a player he might be, but as a sports figure Jordan can't be matched. His impact on the game worldwide will be nearly impossible to match
March 29, 2013 @ 12:27 AM
james.good

What I don't understand is why people compare basketball players who play different positions.

compare these 2
March 30, 2013 @ 01:20 AM
Heirjordan237

What I don't understand is why people compare basketball players who play different positions.

compare these 2
Comparing 2 elite wing players is completely different then comparing a point guard and a center. Their playing styles may be different but SG and SF are comparable positions. 
April 3, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
james.good

how are they comparable positions? they have different skill sets.
April 3, 2013 @ 08:35 PM
Heirjordan237

The positions themselves are comparable. And they had different mentalities and styles, but their skill sets are more similar than people think.

- Both are wings, and most times a SG/SF can shift to the other position. Some like Lebron and Jordan are extremely successful at either.
- Jordan played point during stretches of his career, as does Lebron. Jordan was an above average rebounder, same goes for Lebron.
- Neither were considered great shooters when they first came into the league, but later improved immensely. A lot of players sagged off Jordan because his otherworldy athleticism was a much bigger threat than his shooting stroke.
- They are arguably the top 2 athletes the NBA has ever seen, for sure top 5.
April 4, 2013 @ 03:06 AM
pointforward

Only at the end of Lebron's career we can have that debate. He's much more physically imposing than Jordan was and his passing. Omfg. 
April 4, 2013 @ 05:55 AM
reversal

We can talk when lebron has 6 rings
April 9, 2013 @ 10:03 AM
paulsteez

That's subjective.
April 9, 2013 @ 07:27 PM
sado

April 9, 2013 @ 07:31 PM
sado

Until he drops 60+ in multiple playoff games, hits multiple clutch NBA finals game tying or winning shots, and personally leads his team to at least 5 other rings he wont pass Jordan
April 9, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
sado

April 9, 2013 @ 07:40 PM
sado

April 14, 2013 @ 03:02 PM
ces1ne

Todays elite players like Melo, KD, Lebron, etc... have pretty much tossed the whole position thing out the window with their skill sets and body types. Nowadays u have a 6'8 beast like Lebron running the point when needed, even Kobe playing PG before he blew his ACL (get well soon, unless you're a diehard Clippers fan you should want that dude playing) Shit, Melo doesn't even want to be classified as a PF, yet he ends up being our Center a few times a game when Woodson plays small ball. Times have changed from the 80s/90s.....saw it in the late 90s and early 2000s with players like Tmac but IMO the transition is pretty complete in today's NBA. (still can't compare players like Nate and Shaq tho FOH)

--respect to SADO up there for speaking some truth on the MJ/Bron debate
May 3, 2013 @ 02:45 PM
AreteBrand

Rings shouldn't define if he's better. LeBron has to create a dynasty to make the comparison fair, think about it: Jordan & the Bulls are one of the best ever, Kobe + Shaq in the early 2000s were a dynasty, Bird and the Celtics, etc. Bron and the Heat have to dominate the game for a few seasons and he also needs to define his legacy. He's talented as fuck, but he has to get to the next level...he NEEDS to the the closer, he needs to go off for 50, 60+ points, he needs to do the things that leave us in awe. Basically the reason why we all love Jordan; he was the player everyone wanted to be. If Bron can capture our minds like that then he could be better than Jordan

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 4, 2013 @ 11:28 AM
katsomehlo

foh with the RINGZZZ argument. I agree with apollo lifestyle. 

I really think it's impossible for the entire population to come to a consensus that any particular player is better than Jordan. We've glorified him. We've worshipped him. The shoes, the classic images, he's an icon. No one will have the same impact that he has had.

Now for Lebron, there's no doubt in my mind that he's already one of the greatest of all time. I don't care if he only has one ring, I don't care if he's lost in two Finals already. Championships are TEAM achievements, and while it is a fair argument for comparing in some sense (Jordan/Shaq/Kobe all played HUGE roles in their respective team championships), it is not the clear cut deciding factor for being an all-time great. 

Lebron, in my opinion, can become the most skilled basketball player ever. He's the greatest all around player I've ever seen. I know people always talk about Oscar Robertson, I've never seen him play, and I don't think you can reach a conclusion when comparing players from different eras. 

Never understood the Lebron hate, i hope people how lucky we are today to see Lebron play. Jordan, Kobe, now Lebron.
May 7, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
schroederscat

no.

he might get close. but never better. 
May 7, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
katsomehlo

that's the problem with the way we compare players today. With Jordan, we've created this standard. It frames the way we see the game and every player today who's played after Jordan. To even suggest someone has the possibility to become better than him is ludicrous to many. It's dumb. Why can't we appreciate Lebron's skills? He is amazing at basically every aspect of the game. His career isn't over yet. Everyone wants him to be a "killer" or the "closer". Yet when he misses shots people dismiss all of his skills, it's stupid.

my point is, it's problematic the way we view Jordan. I think he's the greatest player ever, it'll be hard for anyone to surpass him, but a big part of that is because of the way we've framed the game.  there is no way to definitively know how players today/from the past would play in other eras. i guess that's what makes talking about this fun and interesting, but fuck outta here if all you're gonna talk about is RINGS. 
May 10, 2013 @ 07:47 AM
al_sharpson

Nobody will be Michael Jordan. The End

Looking for: Nike Lunar Woven Chukka+ "Multicolor" Sz 12 Nike Lunar Rejuven8 Mid FCRB Sz 12 or 13

May 10, 2013 @ 09:20 AM
jamesjebbia

Jordan played in an era with much less comp. every single day athletes are getting stronger, faster, etc. I hate lebron but if you matched them up one on one lebron takes it
May 10, 2013 @ 09:25 AM
jamesjebbia

compare these 2
Shaq is wayyyyy better because of all the all star games, titles, finals mvp's, league mvp, future hall of famer, and being one of the best at his position while nate is neither so thats how
May 10, 2013 @ 12:32 PM
Nigo2002

I don't really know that much about Basketball, i'm kind of a casual viewer being in the U.K and all but i remember seeing something where it showed all Jordan's milestones at Lebron's age and then it showed that Lebron had beaten jordan on pretty much every stat.
May 10, 2013 @ 05:13 PM
KiddCoast

Son ESPN sucks lebrons and the Heats dick so much its unbearable. Kobe over lebron amd the case can be made for kobe over Jordan. Im gonna celebrate when Kobe breaks Jordans scoring record. Throw a party and shit and im a Spurs fan

Twitter: @KiddCoast

May 11, 2013 @ 06:29 AM
YoungRizal

Son ESPN sucks lebrons and the Heats dick so much its unbearable. Kobe over lebron amd the case can be made for kobe over Jordan. Im gonna celebrate when Kobe breaks Jordans scoring record. Throw a party and shit and im a Spurs fan
Still don't mean shit. MJ did it in lesser seasons. 

MJ and LBJ comparison is like apple and orange. But MJ was a beast since day 1. 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

May 11, 2013 @ 07:31 AM
jamesjebbia

Still don't mean shit. MJ did it in lesser seasons. 

MJ and LBJ comparison is like apple and orange. But MJ was a beast since day 1. 
and lebron wasn't? at a much younger age too
May 11, 2013 @ 01:24 PM
DStyles

IMO he already is. Skill wise he is but he may never be put over MJ because of what MJ did to the NBA. Kobe Bryant? He's the poor man's version of MJ. 

I look at it this way, if MJ and LeBron both were playing today against each other, it would be like Messi and CR7. Kobe would be Ronaldinho. We all know the latter is flabby and sick.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

Please login first to reply.