Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 29, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
Jens Voigt

also you might want to go to a running specific store and get fitted for shoes, seems unimportant and probably costs a bit more, but it's definitely worth it.

August 31, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
lihp

Anyone has shin splits, achilles tendintis, or any type of leg and/or feet pain during/after running?

I run around 4-5mil 6x a week.
7-8 months ago I barely ran 2miles 2x a week
Perhaps this amount is putting a impact on my legs?
I'm running through(non-stop) the pain though. Bad idea?

place an ice pack on your shins after runs. i'd recommend either cutting back on mileage or taking a break all together for a little while. it won't get better if your running through the pain.
August 31, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
theh00d

Its probably because I'm flat footed
Maybe some insoles?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/151517

August 31, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
missy.

i guess i'll join in too.

i'm a girl and somewhat injured... well, healing from an injury; my left ankle.

gonna try running again though and i ran a mile yesterday, not sure how long, maybe 10 or so mins and surprisingly enough my ankle didn't hurt.

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

August 31, 2012 @ 12:57 PM
lihp

Maybe some insoles?

possibly, but it may have a lot to do with form too. if you heel strike a lot your shin and or knee takes a brunt of the impact. try staying more on your toes if you notice that's a problem.

i guess i'll join in too.

i'm a girl and somewhat injured... well, healing from an injury; my left ankle.

gonna try running again though and i ran a mile yesterday, not sure how long, maybe 10 or so mins and surprisingly enough my ankle didn't hurt.

your ankle probably didn't hurt because it's your first day back. i'd start getting back to it slow and if it hurts take a break. if it happens again it may be because of shoes or just weak ankles. try lacing your shoes like this it helps keep your heel from shifting and locks your foot down if you need help with that
September 1, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
Method.

What shoes do you guys recommend for less than $70?
September 2, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
kr00kd

just started getting in to running. i initially started with the couch to 5k program, but i've run 5 out of the last 7 days. i'm still switching off between running and walking, but i've been running for like 4-5 minute increments with a 2 minute walk. i can for sure feel my stamina increasing and i hope before long i can do a few miles no problem. im running in free runs now.

how can i be sure my form is good? the way i run feels good now, my shins or knees don't really hurt after running but i want to make sure i have correct form so that i don't have any long term issues.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

September 3, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
Jens Voigt

just started getting in to running. i initially started with the couch to 5k program, but i've run 5 out of the last 7 days. i'm still switching off between running and walking, but i've been running for like 4-5 minute increments with a 2 minute walk. i can for sure feel my stamina increasing and i hope before long i can do a few miles no problem. im running in free runs now.

how can i be sure my form is good? the way i run feels good now, my shins or knees don't really hurt after running but i want to make sure i have correct form so that i don't have any long term issues.

youre most likely fine as long as you dont smash your feet into the ground.
and fwiw many runners (me included) hate free runs, they're more like a trainer than a running shoe, but they should be fine for what youre doing now.

September 3, 2012 @ 08:24 AM
Berserker

try not to overstress yourself, running is a slow progression sport

Out here Rick Rossin' it

September 3, 2012 @ 09:33 AM
Relax.

Just got onto my school's XC team. It's been like a week and a nigga already got hella pains, to the point that i can't run anymore. razz
Been trying to diagnose myself and ive concluded that ive been heel strikin like a mutha fucka
September 3, 2012 @ 07:16 PM
Jens Voigt

talk to your coach.

September 4, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
MF CHEUNG

Varsity XC tryout starts tomorrow, I'm a track guy (mostly sprinter) but I'll see how I do cool. I have been running all throughout summer to prepare for this though haha
September 4, 2012 @ 02:49 PM
Orpami

Anyone has shin splits, achilles tendintis, or any type of leg and/or feet pain during/after running?

I run around 4-5mil 6x a week.
7-8 months ago I barely ran 2miles 2x a week
Perhaps this amount is putting a impact on my legs?
I'm running through(non-stop) the pain though. Bad idea?

Ice immediately after running, use heating pad after icing, also try to run on concrete and sidewalks as little as possible. For someone with shin splits it's almost necessary that you do all of your running on a track, it will help greatly. Also consider shoe supports like Dr. Scholl's it can help ease some discomfort.
September 5, 2012 @ 05:31 AM
lovedmndlife

just started doing this Tabata at the gym as part of a new program, shits intense, on the treadmill for 4 minutes, 20 secs on as fast as you can and 10 secs off (jogging), and so on,
Tabata

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

September 7, 2012 @ 11:48 AM
mumbai

have you guys tried the nike free kukunis? they look like you could break your ankles in them, are they like vibrams but for running? how about huaraches or prestos? i wanna get running shoes that i can like wear casually, but i dont want free runs.
September 17, 2012 @ 03:51 PM
rabbitman

Maybe some insoles?

nahh im flatfooted as fuck and have severe overpronation. i use to wear podiatrist inserts and motion control running shoes and would always have crippling knee pain. ive recently started barefoot running with my vibram five fingers and its corrected my stride and i feel like its strengthened my feet. I have also weened myself off inserts so now I am always barefoot, in vibrams, or flat shoes like vans. you have to go into it slowly but i feel that the benefits are well worth it.

edit: not my pic, too lazy to take one

be careful what you pretend to be

September 17, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
adam5

Just ran 12.6 miles yesterday at 6:39 mile avg pace, felt awesome
September 19, 2012 @ 04:26 AM
mumbai

has anyone ever done the couch to 5k program? im trying to loose weight/slim down so i was wondering if that was like the right program for it? im not trying to run a marathon or anything just doing it for what i said earlier
September 20, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
Jens Voigt

nice, do you race half/full marathons?

September 20, 2012 @ 05:54 AM
adam5

nice, do you race half/full marathons?

Thanks, but no, I run the half mile(800 Meters) in track. My training for track in the off season is similar to cross-country so that means my mileage is up. I've been at about 60 miles a week total for the past 2 weeks
September 27, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
mmontefo

phuak running lift and take that multi nomsayin
September 27, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
adam5

pussy. anyone can lift
September 28, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
rabbitman

pussy. anyone can lift

not correctly.
and by that logic, anyone can run.

be careful what you pretend to be

November 3, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
Soul Rize

i usually run 2-3 miles but can run 5 miles easily a day but i ran 2 5 miles back to back and during the second 5 miles i got bored and over the next 2 weeks didn't feel like running. how do you get past or back into wanting to jog cuz i remember a time in my life i would go everyday with my dad and just had no problems. where boredom was never an issue.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

November 3, 2012 @ 06:16 PM
Jens Voigt

Where are you running? I can never just run for >5 miles on regular roads. Try running at a park, on trails, hills, forests, whatever, just something with a change of scenery.

March 22, 2013 @ 05:27 AM
Minn.Sam

Aye what up HB fam. It's about to start warming up here in the Midwest, exited to be outside and outta the Y treadmills. $$ lets get it $$ 

coup.headops@gmail.com

March 22, 2013 @ 07:58 AM
ak

anybody have any recommendations on shoes very wide and flat feet? 

I run in a pair of these

and it's alright so far (slowly easing running about 1.5 - 2 miles every other day) but I'm not sure if these will benefit my health of my knees/legs/feet/ankles in the long run. 
May 3, 2013 @ 01:50 PM
e_money

^try the original reebok real flex. thats what i use to run and mnimus to do metcon training.
May 8, 2013 @ 06:00 AM
Minn.Sam

Summer Goal - Train for a marathon (never have before)
-Anyone is welcome to join 
-Post weekly exercise/training routine
-Diet 
-Tips
-Post pics pls

My Tip(for a good run): Breathing is crucial you should learn how to control your breath if you already haven't. I do deep breathing exercises before I do my workout(after stretching) . Taking control of your breathing for the first mile or two will increase endurance/run time + you will be less exhausted.

ps. I'm Kenyan, trying to win one of these joints. 

coup.headops@gmail.com

May 10, 2013 @ 10:25 PM
dvzr0

anybody have any recommendations on shoes very wide and flat feet? 

I run in a pair of these

and it's alright so far (slowly easing running about 1.5 - 2 miles every other day) but I'm not sure if these will benefit my health of my knees/legs/feet/ankles in the long run. 
my coach swears by asics (they're heavy though) and superfeet insoles (the green ones). i started out flat footed and the insoles felt weird at first, but they really helped my form and gave me a permanent arch. if you go to a shoe store that's running-centric, they'll help you size and cut them

Please login first to reply.