Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 8, 2012 @ 07:55 AM
jaded

I think the point he is trying to make is that if Floyd REALLY wanted the fight to happen, the money wouldn't be an issue. When he stands firm on a 60-40 split knowing that Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao won't accept it, smart business or not, it makes Floyd look like he's the one that doesn't want the fight to happen. It's hard for people to wrap their head around the idea that he needs to make more money than Pacquiao should the fight happen when they've seen how he lives on 24/7 and they know what kind of money he makes on his fights. When you make $32m+ on a fight and then demand a 60-40 split on what will surely be the biggest PPV numbers in history, people are going to ask why it matters.

I think it should be 50-50 just because they'll still both make more than they've ever made on a fight before, and that seems to be the main hang-up. Unfortunately, the egos involved on both teams aren't going to agree on an even split. 60-40 means Team Pacquiao backed down and 50-50 means Team Mayweather backed down, and I don't really see a resolution for that. Both fighters will be satisfied with their careers even if they never fight each other, so unfortunately I think money will remain the biggest issue in making it happen. Neither fighter needs the fight to happen, so why compromise?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 9, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
RA*SAN

OH SHIT THE PACTARDS COMING OUT THE CUT!

Niggas talking about how this proves Pac can beat Floyd? LOL. I mean it not like Manny " The Catchweight King" Pacquiao didn't DRAIN Cotto to fight at 145 right?

PAY ATTENTION. I applaud Floyd for taking this fight AND allowing Cotto to face him at his BEST.

THE CHAMP IS HERE. 43 MEN GAVE TRIED.. 43 HAVE COME UP SHORT

Cotto is naturally 147 pounds, so I don't believe for a second that he was drained at 145. It was for the WBO welterweight title, but they agreed on 145 because Pacquiao had never fought above 140 until that fight. Pacquiao weighed in at 144 for that fight and Cotto weighed in at 145. Cotto made it to the 12th round before Pacquiao got the TKO, and in the 12th of this fight Mayweather probably could've scored a knockout, but he stayed calm and went to the scorecards. I think anyone claiming that Floyd fought a "better" Cotto is stretching things a bit.

If someone really believes Cotto was robbed, I'd like to see what fight they were watching. It must've been the same one Cotto's wife was watching. I was pulling for him, but he only won 3-4 rounds.

Cotto fought at 147 for years! If half these flomo's actually followed the sport of boxing outside of mayweather you would have known that. smh..It's ridiculous the way floyd fans fool themselves into believing everything that comes out the mans mouth no matter how many times he contradicts himself. Like ya'll really believe he was taking those punches for the sake of entertaining his fans?..Those same fans didn't wanna see a knockout? lmao he must have not gave a fuck about those fans in all the other 42 fights then. haha...flomo's be the worst.
May 9, 2012 @ 12:06 AM
am93

Manny & Bob Arum dont want to fight Mayweather because once they do and they lose Mayweather will finally prove hes the best ever. Its crazy how the media makes Mayweather look like hes ducking the fight SMH
May 9, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
Zé Pequeno

Exactly. I dont care how hard you punch you're not gonna beat the greatest defensive fighter of all time. There's a reason one's undefeated and one lost 4x.

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

May 9, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
ToyotaGuy

You don't know anything about boxing. Smh.
May 9, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
RA*SAN

Exactly. I dont care how hard you punch you're not gonna beat the greatest defensive fighter of all time. There's a reason one's undefeated and one lost 4x.

first off, if your talking about pacquiao, he's only lost 3...get your shit right before you post for once sheesh. and yes, there is a reason for that. One fought 59 fights and the other only 43. And floyd been in the sport longer?..this is cherry picking to the extreme. If he was undefeated after 56 fights then maybe people can say he's the man with a better record but if you wanna talk numbers, manny has 11 more wins (54 have tried and 54 have failed hahaha) and 3 more weight classes under his belt. Flomos flaunt that 0 all you want but at the end of the day manny has accomplished more in the sport of boxing which will historically make him the better fighter unless floyd's nuts drop and he actually gets in the ring and beats him.
May 9, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
ToyotaGuy

Exactly. This is probably one of the only dudes on Hb that know boxing.
May 9, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
paulywalnuts

I think the point he is trying to make is that if Floyd REALLY wanted the fight to happen, the money wouldn't be an issue. When he stands firm on a 60-40 split knowing that Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao won't accept it, smart business or not, it makes Floyd look like he's the one that doesn't want the fight to happen. It's hard for people to wrap their head around the idea that he needs to make more money than Pacquiao should the fight happen when they've seen how he lives on 24/7 and they know what kind of money he makes on his fights. When you make $32m+ on a fight and then demand a 60-40 split on what will surely be the biggest PPV numbers in history, people are going to ask why it matters.

I think it should be 50-50 just because they'll still both make more than they've ever made on a fight before, and that seems to be the main hang-up. Unfortunately, the egos involved on both teams aren't going to agree on an even split. 60-40 means Team Pacquiao backed down and 50-50 means Team Mayweather backed down, and I don't really see a resolution for that. Both fighters will be satisfied with their careers even if they never fight each other, so unfortunately I think money will remain the biggest issue in making it happen. Neither fighter needs the fight to happen, so why compromise?

right

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

May 9, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
Zé Pequeno

Lol, if you Pactards love him so much make a thread for him and suck each others dicks. You're boring us. I consider JMM 3 a loss for Pac, it's 4.

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

May 9, 2012 @ 08:52 PM
ToyotaGuy

Okay Flomo. Cotto got robbed. 42-2
May 9, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
jaded

Scott Ferrall, the sports talk radio host, said he had Cotto winning the fight up to the 10th round. I don't know what fight he was watching. I was pulling for Cotto, but he didn't win more than a few rounds. Was also surprised to hear that some people from Cotto's camp felt that the score discrepancy was too large, and that it should have been a split decision if anything. Cotto came out and said that he has no disagreement with the scoring, and never made any of those statements personally.

May 19, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
Richboy 100 million

jaded do you think bradley has a chancce?

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

May 19, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
jaded

To be honest, I'm not that familiar with Bradley, so I don't know where his skills are. I looked over his record and only recognize a few names, so I don't really know how difficult his career has been. I read that Bradley is a good counter-puncher, which is also the case for JMM, who gave Manny a lot of trouble. Although I also read that Bradley is a defensive fighter that likes to go to the scorecards, so who knows. With what little I know about him, my prediction right now is that it will go to the scorecards and Manny will win. Maybe after learning some more about him and watching 24/7, I'll change that. I know that Bradley has a reputation for being a dirty fighter, so I hope the fight doesn't end from something stupid like a headbutt, because he's known for doing that.

May 22, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
ReZ

Yeah, Face-Off on HBO addresses how he likes to go in head first. That being Pacquiao as a Southpaw, they'll definitely be more prone to colliding. Bradley seems like a determined dude--family man, good home life--says he wants the W more than the $. We'll see
May 23, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
jaded

If Bradley gets by Pacquiao I wonder if he'd call Floyd out for a fight in November.

May 24, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
trolos714

first off, if your talking about pacquiao, he's only lost 3...get your shit right before you post for once sheesh. and yes, there is a reason for that. One fought 59 fights and the other only 43. And floyd been in the sport longer?..this is cherry picking to the extreme. If he was undefeated after 56 fights then maybe people can say he's the man with a better record but if you wanna talk numbers, manny has 11 more wins (54 have tried and 54 have failed hahaha) and 3 more weight classes under his belt. Flomos flaunt that 0 all you want but at the end of the day manny has accomplished more in the sport of boxing which will historically make him the better fighter unless floyd's nuts drop and he actually gets in the ring and beats him.

Okay this post is bogus. Just because Pac fought nobodies in the philippines for the first half of his career and has more fights doesn't mean he's better. And yes that 0 does actually mean something. That's part of the reason why there should be no 50/50 split. Mayweather has more to lose in this fight, and his stock would drop a lot less.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

May 28, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
RA*SAN

And yes that 0 does actually mean something. That's part of the reason why there should be no 50/50 split. Mayweather has more to lose in this fight, and his stock would drop a lot less.

canelo alvarez is 41-0, does that mean he's better too? nope. At 21 yrs. old he is 3 wins away from tying floyds record. People don't know this because he doesn't go around bragging about his 0 every fight. and yes, you're right when you say mayweather has more to lose in this fight because that 0 on his record is the ONLY thing even keeping him relevant to manny pacquiao.
June 1, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
jaded

Floyd's locked up! lol

June 2, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
RA*SAN

floyd takes his first L.

June 2, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
Zé Pequeno

Free the champ... bitch deserved it.

At least he coming home to Ms. Jackson.

June 3, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
semaJ.

Floyd is gonna take it............... Up the ass .

Fuck That Gold Digger Ms Jackson. Cant believe hes falling for her bitch ass.

June 11, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
tonysteak

canelo alvarez is 41-0, does that mean he's better too? nope. At 21 yrs. old he is 3 wins away from tying floyds record. People don't know this because he doesn't go around bragging about his 0 every fight. and yes, you're right when you say mayweather has more to lose in this fight because that 0 on his record is the ONLY thing even keeping him relevant to manny pacquiao.

i would agree that the zero losses on his record isnt that important if you're trying to assess dude's skill, but to say floyd mayweather is not one of the best boxers this generation is bugged. he's not ducking the fight with pacquiao either. he just doesnt care to have it happen, he's set where he is...its like it was said before, why compromise?

anyone who follows the sport can see he's a technical genius, which is why he's more than relevant to pacquiao...he's not flashy, but when it comes to defense and countering, there is no better fighter in the sport. manny pacquiao is a very offensive fighter, and looking back at his last fight with marquez, theres a specific kind of fighter that gives him the most trouble. that would be a counter puncher. and who's the best in the league at counterpunching?

they're both great fighters, and if they were to meet in a fight, theres no saying who would win. i put my money on money may though

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

June 11, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
trolos714

And yes that 0 does actually mean something. That's part of the reason why there should be no 50/50 split. Mayweather has more to lose in this fight, and his stock would drop a lot less.

I wasn't referring to the 0 on his record as a bragging right even though he does that. I was saying that since he is undefeated a 50/50 split isn't fair. Floyd NEEDS to make more money because he owns his own promotional company and his stock as a fighter would drop a lot more if he loses. And even after this loss to Bradley(not really) I think Pac has even less power in negotiations.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

Please login first to reply.