Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 2, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
jaded

Paul Williams is the interim Light Middleweight champ and is a former two-time Welterweight champ, why won't Mayweather fight him? Mayweather has fought in both of those weight classes. He's fighting Cotto as a Light Middleweight but in all these years he has never challenged Williams.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 2, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
century

Paul Williams is the interim Light Middleweight champ and is a former two-time Welterweight champ, why won't Mayweather fight him? Mayweather has fought in both of those weight classes. He's fighting Cotto as a Light Middleweight but in all these years he has never challenged Williams.

Williams is past his prime now, he's even admitted it himself and basically retired from the sport. Have you even seen his past two fights man?! Terrible. I always liked Williams as a fighter but he's done. Your statements are very contradicting, first you blame Floyd for "cherry picking" guys past their prime, and then you're asking why doesn't he fight a guy that is OBVIOUSLY way past his prime. Odd.
May 2, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
century

Not to mention Cotto will even admit that he is a better fighter now than he was when "everyone" wanted Floyd to fight him. Cotto is coming off the biggest win of his career to date. Floyd is 35, four years older than Cotto, how is it that because Floyd isn't slowing down it's somehow his fault? Dude is recognized as the best pound for pound in the sport for many reasons. Give the guy some credit he's a champion, I know I'm not, so I can't take that from him.
May 2, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
jaded

Williams is past his prime now, he's even admitted it himself and basically retired from the sport. Have you even seen his past two fights man?! Terrible. I always liked Williams as a fighter but he's done. Your statements are very contradicting, first you blame Floyd for "cherry picking" guys past their prime, and then you're asking why doesn't he fight a guy that is OBVIOUSLY way past his prime. Odd.

How have I contradicted myself? I said Floyd is known as a cherry picker. I didn't say he only cherry picks people that are past their prime, I said he picks fights that give him the best chance of defending his undefeated record. My statement said that he chose De La Hoya (who was obviously past his prime) 5 years ago when people were calling for him to fight Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, or Williams. How good or bad Williams last two fights were has nothing to do with the fact that Floyd never fought him, or any of the guys I listed when everyone was calling for it. Look at his last five fights: Ortiz, Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Hatton, and Oscar De La Hoya. That covers the past 5 years for Floyd and Mosley is the only one in that list that people actually wanted to see happen.

I gave Floyd credit, I said he's a great fighter and has great defense, but I also said that you can't deny he cherry picks.

May 2, 2012 @ 01:27 AM
RA*SAN

floyd won't take fights he isn't sure he can win. some people think it's smart and tactical on his part. i personally think it's weak af. but hey, whatever it takes to keep that 0 on his record i guess.
May 2, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
ToyotaGuy

^ exactly what i was thinking.

Floyd does have the balls to risk that 0. he knows he's scared of Pacquiao.
May 2, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
century

I haven't seen Floyd duck anyone, he's fought everyone in front of him. My point was, if Williams is the only person you can think of... your argument isn't that strong.

His past 5 fights, you're just talking, you're not making any valid arguments. Let's break this down.

Victor Ortiz: Young and strong and IN HIS PRIME. Not to mention coming off the biggest win of his career against vs Andre Berto. He was the WBC Welterweight champion of the world and ranked NUMBER 1 in the division. Floyd is "cherry picking" number 1 guys coming off wins? Sounds like an interesting way to "cherry pick".

Shane Mosely: He was coming off a huge win where he completely brutalized Antonio Margarito, whom was coming off big wins himself. Everyone thought Floyd was going to lose this fight because of Shane's recent peak in performance. Yet he was outclassed for a whitewash of a fight. Floyd was simply too good for Sugar.

Marquez: JMM asked for this fight. Floyd did not challenge him, he simply accepted Juan's challenge. I'll admit JMM was way too small to be fighting Floyd at that weight, but thats on him, not Floyd.

Ricky Hatton: Chill with that noise bro, the guy was fucking undefeated hahahaha. I don't care about your personal opinions of Hatton as a fighter, he was undefeated and at the top of the division. What's next, Floyd only fights undefeated guys when he knows... blah blah blah.

Oscar De La Hoya: Yes, I do agree, Oscar was out of his prime but he was also still GOOD. He may not of been the same Oscar as before, but he was still a strong fighter and in my opinion gave Floyd a tough fight. It's not that often you see an undefeated guy want to go in the ring with a living legend who potentially could of given Floyd a lot of trouble.
May 2, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
jaded

I don't think you're understanding me, but I don't care to type things out for a third time.

May 2, 2012 @ 05:40 AM
century

Lol, either way. May 5th shall be glorious.
May 2, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
ThaGame

cotto's beating that assssssssss
May 3, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
am93

No way. Im thinking about posting a link in this post to the live stream fight.
May 3, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
RA*SAN

No way. Im thinking about posting a link in this post to the live stream fight.

great idea.
May 3, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
century

You don't know shit about boxing.
May 5, 2012 @ 07:50 AM
RA*SAN

the art of lowkey ducking...

May 5, 2012 @ 01:49 PM
Zé Pequeno

What delusional Pac fans fail to realize is it's not about ducking, it's about the MONEY. They don't call him MONEY Maywether for nothing.

I agree with Mayweather that Pacquiao doesn’t deserve a 50-50 deal based on all those catchweight handicap fights he had, and his struggle with Juan Manuel Marquez in his last fight in November. Pacquiao won his WBO title with a catchweight handicap fight against Miguel Cotto. What is that? It’s like taking the fences in for a power hitter because he doesn’t have the size to hit the ball over the fence. If Pacquiao couldn’t win those fights without a weight handicap then he didn’t deserve to be fighting them in the first place. I don’t even know how that kind of thing is even counted when you’re fighting for a title. It should be purely exhibition when a fighter is getting a weight handicap like Pacquiao. This is a fight that few boxing fans felt Manny won and it shows you pretty clearly that Mayweather is the better fighter. Look at what Mayweather did to the same fighter Marquez in 2009 in beating him by a lopsided 12 round decision. Marquez won like one round and looked terrible. Just from those fights, you’d have to think that Pacquiao deserves no better than a 45-55 split at best.

The bottom line is Mayweather does NUMBERS Pacman dreams he could do. Look at the De La Hoya fight, look at the HBO 24/7 series, it's all about the cash flow. Pac will never be at that level.

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

May 5, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
jaded

I love how you blast Pacquiao about catch weights when Mayweather does the same thing. It's laughable that you'd use Juan Manuel Marquez as your example, when JMM fights two weight classes lower than Floyd. JMM had to come up two weight classes to fight Floyd and Floyd didn't even make weight for that fight and had to pay JMM a $600k penalty. If you think that's why Floyd deserves a bigger split against Pacquiao, then you're a moron. Floyd is calling for a 60-40 split based on his PPV numbers, not what he did to a fighter they have both fought. Floyd is breaking a record with tonight's fight by getting $32m guaranteed. If you delete that middle paragraph, your statement actually makes sense.

May 5, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
RA*SAN

What delusional Pac fans fail to realize is it's not about ducking, it's about the MONEY. They don't call him MONEY Maywether for nothing.

If it really was about making the most money, he would have taken the 50/50 split because either way he would have made more money than any other fight he has in his career. He even turned down a prize fight where the winner of the fight would take home the bigger percentage. First his only excuse for the fight not happening was "take the test to fight the best" and when pac agreed to all blood testing he goes and says he will only offer him a guaranteed 40mil. and he takes home ALL the ppv revenue for what will be the biggest selling fight in boxing history. That is what you call delusional. And ppl stop bitching about the catchweight bullshit with cotto. Nobody was complaining before the fight took place and we were all surprised how badly he got destroyed. Then you wanna go and use the JMM fight as proof of being a better boxer? lol cmon son.

It's laughable that you'd use Juan Manuel Marquez as your example, when JMM fights two weight classes lower than Floyd. JMM had to come up two weight classes to fight Floyd and Floyd didn't even make weight for that fight and had to pay JMM a $600k penalty.
May 5, 2012 @ 07:15 PM
Zé Pequeno

Everybody talks about Floyd coming in heavy for marquez, what about pacquiao draining de la hoya, cotto, margacheato, and trying to drain mosley? What about pac refusing the fight in the first place because he didnt want to take a test? Pacquiao stock has dropped since marquez 3. He should have lost and on top of that, he punked out of the May 5 date with rotating excuses. People are starting to see what arum and company is doing.

Despite Arum openly refusing to even include Money May in the running for the Pacquiao fight…and trainers Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza venting frustration over Arum deliberately stopping the fight from happening…and Judge Weinstein confirming that Arum refused to negotiate with Mayweather Promotions and/or Golden Boy Promotions…and then Arum’s excuses (Manny’s cut…building a new stadium…and so on and so on…)

Still…this is Floyd’s fault???
LOL!

Ya'll Pactards are funny tho.

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

May 5, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
RA*SAN

if this isn't proof that floyd is scared, i don't know what is...

first he goes and says he only beat cotto because he was drained at a catchweight and now he's saying he had to be on steroids to walk through him like that?...you know a man is lying when he always contradicts himself.
May 5, 2012 @ 07:36 PM
Zé Pequeno

Your point?

If bob keeps sticking his nose in the middle of the biggest fight in history it wont get made. and arum knows this, he doesn't want his money machine to get his ass completely kicked for 12 rounds! Trust me he knows this LOL!! That's why he wants a 50/50 purse for insurance to guarantee he get's more money out of his % of the fight when Pac loses.

May 5, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
RA*SAN

Your point?

If bob keeps sticking his nose in the middle of the biggest fight in history it wont get made. and arum knows this, he doesn't want his money machine to get his ass completely kicked for 12 rounds! Trust me he knows this LOL!! That's why he wants a 50/50 purse for insurance to guarantee he get's more money out of his % of the fight when Pac loses.

my point is that floyd is obviously scared for his health in fighting pacquiao even after he agreed to all drug testing.

and of course bob arum is trying to make as much money as possible from this fight. that's his job. why wouldn't he? it would not be the biggest selling fight in history without pacquiao in the other corner. So what's your point?

....stop posting in here or you will continue to take L's like your knicks and melo. lmao.
May 5, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
Zé Pequeno

I'll take my L after Money Mayweather takes his. 42 men have tried. 42 men have failed.

May 5, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
jaded

I'm not denying Mayweather's skills, I even said he'll probably win tonight. I'll be pulling for Cotto, but I'm smart enough to realize that Floyd's defensive skills make him hard to beat. I just don't understand your point in trying to knock Pacquiao by citing things that Floyd and his team do as well. Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao are no better or worse than Leonard Ellerbe and Team Mayweather.

May 5, 2012 @ 09:28 PM
RA*SAN

I'm not denying Mayweather's skills, I even said he'll probably win tonight. I'll be pulling for Cotto, but I'm smart enough to realize that Floyd's defensive skills make him hard to beat. I just don't understand your point in trying to knock Pacquiao by citing things that Floyd and his team do as well. Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao are no better or worse than Leonard Ellerbe and Team Mayweather.

agreed.
May 5, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
Zé Pequeno

I'm just saying at the end of the day Floyd and his team deserve what they are asking for. Call it a run around all you want but Manny has proven throughout his career he is not on the same level as Floyd and cannot pull the same numbers as Floyd.

I suggest some of you Pactards take a hard look at who exactly you are claiming can beat Floyd:

May 5, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
ToyotaGuy

i don't care what anyone says but Floyd is a scared nigger.

and Pacquiao is the best p4p king ever.
May 5, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
ToyotaGuy

May 5, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
Zé Pequeno

i don't care what anyone says but Floyd is a scared nigger.

and Pacquiao is the best p4p king ever.

^LOL. I feel bad that people like this kid make up a majority of Pacquiroid's fan base.

May 5, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
ToyotaGuy

^ sorry you don't know boxing
May 5, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
Zé Pequeno

And that last ignorant statement really helped your case on how much you know about boxing.

Did you cry during that video I posted when you found out your idol is a fraud? It's alright if you did.

Please login first to reply.