Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 2, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
PPP

So today the draw for the groups for the Euro 2012 was released. Both of the hosts, Poland & Ukraine, got pretty decent draws. Being from Poland, we could not have been in a better possible group.

Group A: Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Greece
Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, Germany
Group C: Spain, Ireland, Croatia, Italy
Group D: Ukraine, France, England, Sweden

My predictions:
A - (1)Poland & (2)Russia - Greece has nothing going for them. An old experienced squad but the key word is old. The Czech's have Petr Cech in goal & only Rosicky on the field with no support for him. Poland's Lewandowski will come up clutch while Russia's Arshavin will not be a threat to Szczesny in goal. Russia, like Poland, is a pretty young squad but will pull through due to the technicality of key players that C.R & Greece lack

B - (1)Netherlands & (2)Germany - Although Netherlands lost recently to Germany in a friendly & have had poor results in their past couple of matches, Robben & Persie are going step their shit up big time once it kicks in that they're the 2nd best team in the world. Germany has talent, & lots of it, but the deciding factor is they're playing in Poland & Ukraine, both of which absolutely hate Germany. I think just the fact the Germans are playing on the turf of Poland will cause them to not play as well & especially with Podolski & Klose being of Polish descent, I see them possibly choking. With that said, I can see Portugal capitalizing on that. Ronaldo is a problem & will continue to be one & if the Germans can't deliver, the Portuguese will. As for Denmark.. ya no chance.

C - (1)Spain & (2)Croatia - Don't need to say much more about spain because that's a given. With some of the greatest players in the world Spain will take the number 1 spot with Italy nor Croatia, or Ireland posing a threat. Croatia will take the number 2 spot. Modric has proven he is a phenomenal player & the temperamental Italian squad will break down just like in the World Cup

D - (1)France & (2)England/Ukraine - In the 2010 World Cup France embarrassed themselves but are back to prove something now. I think they're going to take all the built up anger & embarrassment from 2010 & put it all out on the field in Euro going undefeated in group stages. Rooney will be back for the UK although they can suffice without him, but I see a fluke coming from the Brits. Ukraine is the home country, & as everyone knows there's always a huge advantage to that, with hosting country's rarely not making it out of group stages. But with that said, Ukraine doesn't have much talent as a team, & one or two individual players might not be able to take it for them.

Your predictions?
December 4, 2011 @ 04:40 PM
DStyles

y no mexic0 or us@?

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 4, 2011 @ 06:13 PM

Inactive

im puttin 100 on the germans! they too strong in qualifying! if cassano goes, i see a germany v italy final. i think theres gonna be a few shocks i.e france/ holland or england not qualifying from their groups.

star players= ozil, nani, RVP, ashley young, plasil, g rossi, silva, remy, elia

golden boot - ronaldo/ muller/ RVP
December 4, 2011 @ 06:20 PM
ksj

Group A: (1)Czech Republic, (2)Russia
Group B: (1) Germany (2) Netherlands
Group C: (1) Spain,(2) Ireland,
Group D: (1)France, (2)England,
December 4, 2011 @ 06:29 PM

Inactive

IRELAND OVER ITALY??

December 4, 2011 @ 06:37 PM
Ronan

Group A: Russia, Czech Republic
Group B: Germany, Netherlands
Group C: Spain, Ireland
Group D: England, Ukraine
December 4, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
ksj

IRELAND OVER ITALY??

You must not watch soccer/football.

It's okay, I forgive your dumbass logic.
December 4, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
Lemonz

England won't do shit in this tournament. I'd even be surprised if they make it out of the group stages.
I'd bet my money on Spain or Germany winning it.
December 4, 2011 @ 10:28 PM
zuesmc2000

Spain will win if Del Bosque drops the double pivot behind Xavi, its so unnecessary, they won't lose any control with Xavi playing deeper and Cesc/Silva ahead of him. That being said they did win the WC with the double pivot behind Xavi, but Villa has regressed quite a bit since then and might not be able to carry the goal scoring threat he used to. If I was Del Bosque I'd go with:
Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Silva, Villa
December 4, 2011 @ 11:13 PM

Inactive

England won't do shit in this tournament. I'd even be surprised if they make it out of the group stages.
I'd bet my money on Spain or Germany winning it.

Ay its fucked up tho, paying capello 6mill and that niga already be making moves to the russian man city Anzhi Makhachkala.
personally i think the whole english system needs a rethink, if they had an american college style system or barca style academies the quality would be so much better.

i remember being let go by charlton athletic youth because of my osgood schlatters knee pains. they didnt contact me after, imagine barca did that when messi had his growing pains!

guess its another 10years singing about 66'.
December 5, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
Lemonz

@guerlain They definitely need that extra defensive mid when you're playing against some of the bigger teams. Spain are great at keeping possession, and they're just as good without the ball. But I've always thought that if you really have a go at them, they'd be left a bit exposed. Xabi Alonso and Busquets definitely need to start together behind Iniesta, Xavi and Silva.

@ALADJI I honestly don't know why Capello is still England's manager. The World Cup was a disaster and they should have replaced him afterwards. I can't wait to watch them crash and burn next summer.
The next generation of young players are quite impressive imo. I think players like Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole all need to be dropped in favor of players like Jones, Cahill, Smalling, Cleverley, Wilshere, etc. They are the ones who should be first choice, how else will they learn?
Oh, besides Joe Hart, there are no good English keepers anywhere. You're stuck with the likes of Scott Carson and Robert Green haha.
December 5, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
zuesmc2000

Except you can't have a go at Spain cause you never get the ball! Also it might actually be to Spain's benefit if the matches are a little more open, will give them more space to attack. The Spanish players are so good that it actually can be a crutch in certain respects. Every single team they play keeps everyone behind the ball with wingers playing as full backs and fullbacks as center halves.

Its popular to hop in the German band wagon these days, personally I hope Spain destroys them for the 3rd straight tournament. I'd like the Oranje to win it though. They need to find a CM to play next to van Bommel though. Strootman is a good young player and played well in the recent qualifiers and friendlies, but he really struggled against the Germans. Kind of hard to judge him on that though as the entire team was poor. But De Jong absolutely must not play with van Bommel. I think its far too defensive, and even though De Jong is better than MVB the latter will play because he's captain and he's also banging the manager's daughter.
December 5, 2011 @ 03:03 AM

Inactive

guerlain got that FM knowledge

RIP Socrates ... nicca was playin @ 50 LOL
December 5, 2011 @ 03:43 AM
Lemonz

Yeah, but remember England beat Spain a few weeks back. You might argue that it was just a friendly, but it was a full strength Spain side that lost to an England team that didn't even have their best striker on the pitch (Rooney). Fact is, Spain haven't been that great since they won the World Cup, but anyone would expect that to change come next year.
As for Germany, they've a decent team. Their strength lies in midfield. Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Ozil, Muller, Khedira cool.
Too bad they're weak up front and at the back.
December 5, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
zuesmc2000

FM knowledge?
December 5, 2011 @ 10:05 PM
zuesmc2000

Yeah, but remember England beat Spain a few weeks back. You might argue that it was just a friendly, but it was a full strength Spain side that lost to an England team that didn't even have their best striker on the pitch (Rooney). Fact is, Spain haven't been that great since they won the World Cup, but anyone would expect that to change come next year.
As for Germany, they've a decent team. Their strength lies in midfield. Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Ozil, Muller, Khedira cool.
Too bad they're weak up front and at the back.

England beat Spain but who cares? In that match we learned very little about England other than the fact that they can put 11 men behind the ball and restrict space in behind. We didn't learn anything about England's ability to to attack and create chances, they won't be playing a team that keeps the ball as well as Spain does in the Euros unless they meet Spain later on. The style of play they used won't work against the likes of France of Sweden, simply because those teams will allow far more possession than Spain did.

As for Spain struggling in friendlies, it doesn't mean anything, they struggled in some friendlies leading up to the WC as well.
December 6, 2011 @ 12:32 AM
TheCityOfChi

People sleep on Ireland though. If we qualify from our group ill be happy
December 6, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
zuesmc2000

Actually I think its the other way around, a lot of people in the UK are hyping up Ireland's chances at the Euros.
December 6, 2011 @ 02:43 AM

Inactive

Actually I think its the other way around, a lot of people in the UK are hyping up Ireland's chances at the Euros.
December 15, 2011 @ 01:53 PM
zuesmc2000

Spain just took a massive blow, they have no goal scorer in the side now. Del Bosque is going to have to go with a striker less formation, use Cesc as the false 9.

Really gutted for Villa, he wasn't having the best of seasons and now this.
December 15, 2011 @ 02:08 PM
Lemonz

Well, he could always use Fernando Torres (seriously). Sure he isn't on form at the moment, but it sure beats playing a midfielder up front, doesn't it? Although Cesc has been scoring a lot lately. Llorente isn't a bad option, or they could always recall Raul.
This is probably the only area where Spain lacks real cover.
December 15, 2011 @ 03:44 PM
zuesmc2000

Hopefully Negredo will be given a chance, quality player.
January 14, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
elnino

Keeping fingers crossed for Germany

Ireland I doubt that they qualify to quarter-finals

Please login first to reply.