Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
September 7, 2011 @ 10:15 AM
backson

he wasn't dominant in '09 and '10? oh you're one of those. if ppl like you, didn't have negative associations with him regardless of what he does, then you truly know what he's about. ask anyone, absolutely anyone who is unbiased. ask them if kobe bryant is the best player in the nba since mj, i'm sure majority will answer yes.

you say no shaq, no rings as if kobe was a bench player during the 3-peat. look at those numbers, not good enough for you? watch what he actually did during all of those games.

did you watch the finals in '09 and '10? he didn't shoot well and was basically carried over the threshold by the rest of the team. saying kobe is the best player in the league since mj is very subjective even to an unbiased spectator. he's up there, but there isn't as much separation at the top as it was when mj was dominating the sport.

there's no question kobe wouldn't have won those first three without shaq...what his numbers look like are irrelevant to that statement. unless you're saying lakers would have 3peat without shaq...?
September 7, 2011 @ 11:09 AM
Young Handsome

Come on those are like Scottie Pippen numbers (except in 01) and its easy to put up those numbers when you have Shaq in is prime on your side. Put any decent SG on that team and they'd have similar numbers and get a title. Must've been real easy especially for someone as good as Kobe to score with Shaq drawing all the defense. Defense mustve been real easy also. Shaq was still the best player in the World at that time and Kobe was Pippen to him.

Like everyone says NO SHAQ=NO RINGS. It would've been nice to see Kobe work his way to his first title solo like the other greats have. Now we never know if he had it in him to win 5 on his owncool

You a hater b, no nice way to put it Kobe was Shaq's Pippen then you go and say all the greats won rings solo. You have to be trolling Jordan has a great team every year he went to the finals and one year they nearly made it without him.What great didn't have a great team? Kobe is top 5 no matter how much you hate.
did you watch the finals in '09 and '10? he didn't shoot well and was basically carried over the threshold by the rest of the team. saying kobe is the best player in the league since mj is very subjective even to an unbiased spectator. he's up there, but there isn't as much separation at the top as it was when mj was dominating the sport.

there's no question kobe wouldn't have won those first three without shaq...what his numbers look like are irrelevant to that statement. unless you're saying lakers would have 3peat without shaq...?

They both needed each other, when Shaq was in Orl. he got embarrassed in the Finals he came to LA to team up with Kobe. They were both big stars that played off each other Shaq wouldn't have won it without Kobe same or vice versa
September 7, 2011 @ 12:16 PM
backson

^ which goes back to my original comment...if kobe fanatics didn't act like he was the second coming he wouldn't be considered overrated.
September 7, 2011 @ 03:02 PM
Juki

Shaw and penny>Kobe and shaq. Orlando had a young team and not much experience and still made it to the finals in Jordan era. If they stayed together for the long run and healthy believe me they would've got rings. Maybe Kobe never would've won an title.

When I say Kobe "winning solo" I mean as the leader of the team. It's one thing to be on a
Good team but another to lead the team. All championship teams were good. But LA was stacked. Kobe and shaq are easily both top 10 of all time. Pippens probably not even top 30. Anyways, without shaq it's hard to say where kobe would be....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

September 7, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
backson

Shaw and penny>Kobe and shaq. Orlando had a young team and not much experience and still made it to the finals in Jordan era.

clarification, they made it to the finals the season jordan returned from retirement and played with a baseball glove still in one hand. he put it in their mouth the next year.

If they stayed together for the long run and healthy believe me they would've got rings. Maybe Kobe never would've won an title.

with their youth and talent, i agree with this.

When I say Kobe "winning solo" I mean as the leader of the team. It's one thing to be on a Good team but another to lead the team. All championship teams were good. But LA was stacked. Kobe and shaq are easily both top 10 of all time. Pippens probably not even top 30. Anyways, without shaq it's hard to say where kobe would be....

without shaq (and phil) kobe would have been lebron v1. a great individual player that couldn't carry a team to the chip. they showed him the way and buss put good players around them.
September 7, 2011 @ 09:18 PM
Young Handsome

Shaw and penny>Kobe and shaq. Orlando had a young team and not much experience and still made it to the finals in Jordan era. If they stayed together for the long run and healthy believe me they would've got rings. Maybe Kobe never would've won an title.

When I say Kobe "winning solo" I mean as the leader of the team. It's one thing to be on a
Good team but another to lead the team. All championship teams were good. But LA was stacked. Kobe and shaq are easily both top 10 of all time. Pippens probably not even top 30. Anyways, without shaq it's hard to say where kobe would be....

What????suprisedsuprised
September 8, 2011 @ 05:23 AM
truongxlong

underrated - tmac, vince carter, jimmer ferdette, jason richardson, jamal crawford
September 8, 2011 @ 05:41 AM
ahhhrt

^No.

I also can't believe this man said Pippen isn't top 10 material. That's the prototype for the modern point-forward.
September 8, 2011 @ 10:37 AM
backson

underrated - tmac, vince carter, jimmer ferdette, jason richardson, jamal crawford

tmac and vc were rated right before they went bust.

jimmer who? dude ain't played one nba game yet..that shot jacking shit won't cut it in the league. probably won't even see pt in the nba, straight overseas he goes.

jrich and jc may be slightly underrated.
September 8, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
Juki

^No.

I also can't believe this man said Pippen isn't top 10 material. That's the prototype for the modern point-forward.

well it took me a little hesitation but if you think about it when were talking "all time greats" thats a pretty competitive list. Theres no way Pippens in top 10. Hes not a ledgend. Lebrons already better than Pippen ever was. I was about to say he's in the top 20 but then there's greats like Isaiah Thomas, Stockton, Malone, Ewing, David Robinson, and Barkely who wouldn't even crack the top ten. Then you have all the greats still playing today. Ask yourself is Pippen really better than all them. He'd really be lucky to make the top 30.

Jordan attributed to a lot of Pippens early success like Shaq did for Kobe. However, Kobe actually did get some rings on his own and craft a new identity. This Pippen debate is a good topic though, I've seen a couple threads on other forums.....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

September 8, 2011 @ 10:29 PM
Justiu

Juki stays trolling/being stupid when it comes to basketball. lol

hb fell off / justinlifestyle.tumblr.com

September 9, 2011 @ 04:00 AM
RA*SAN

Lebron is the most overated.

but I always thought Jamal Crawford was underrated.
September 9, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
ocean waves

how the fuck is odom overrated? he's a bench player who averaged almost 15 pts a game and almost 9 rebounds last year.

he sucks bro

hes like luke walton but he gets more playtime
September 20, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
RICKSTERVIN

underated - Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Dorrell Wright, Reggie Williams, David Lee.

once this lockout ends and fingers crossed we hang on to Ellis, the Warriors will definitely make some noise this season.
September 20, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
guk223

lebron sucks
September 24, 2011 @ 08:22 PM
AdrienneLoso

Lebron is the most overated.

but I always thought Jamal Crawford was underrated.

I definitely hate when LeBron is compared to Jordan "/ like really?!
September 24, 2011 @ 08:37 PM
ocean waves

I definitely hate when LeBron is compared to Jordan "/ like really?!

but more of these comparison leans toward..."bron can't be jordan"..."he's tryna be like jordan"..."he wore 23 like jordan".."bron can't win rings like jordan"...as oppose to "he's the next jordan".."he is the current jordan of the nba"
September 26, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
Fire

2K12 next tuesday awhhh shittt son. lets see whos overated lol.
October 24, 2011 @ 07:07 PM
Aesop

<p>luol deng is hella underrated</p>

^this. drose gettin no love in this thread

"My presence is a present, just to kick it is a blessing." - ASAP

November 19, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
goosehandgun

That nigga Earl Boykins underrated.

Fuck David Stern

November 19, 2011 @ 04:43 PM
Yung Harvey Specter

lebron isn't overrated... but fuck nigga could at least win one ring just to shut niggas up smh 4th quarter crumbling ass nigga. with that stevie wondering where his hairline went shit

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

November 19, 2011 @ 04:47 PM
sukafresh

lebron isn't overrated... but fuck nigga could at least win one ring just to shut niggas up smh 4th quarter crumbling ass nigga. with that stevie wondering where his hairline went shit

bring out the casket
November 19, 2011 @ 08:59 PM
piffaliffagus

Last season:
Overrated: the heat
Underrated: the bucks
The heat was getting handed the playoffs and they still fucked up. They should have never won the Celtics series. Now im no celtics fan but the ref calls in that game was way more than just suspect.
Now if the bucks actually stayed healthy last season it would havebeen a much different story. I mean they barely missed the playoffs (yeah I know its the east) with a team that was getting more injuries than I can remember ever seeing in the league.

Now for some throwback ish ill throw in chris webber as being underrated. Yeah that's right underrated. Cwebb in his prime (kings era) was untouchable. He also has the best passing skills of any power forward that I can think of. Id easily put him as one of the top 10 power forwards of all time.. and to those who were talking about the lakers with Shaq u guys make it like game 6 against the kings in 02 wasn't rigged.

HUGE quantity of Supreme goods for sale &amp; rare diamondxestateLA fitted. 75+ items http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168342

November 20, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
Yung Harvey Specter

...Sacramento has a basketball team?

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

December 16, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
citygr0wn

Chris Bosh is the most overrated player in the NBA. Also hes an ostrich. And most underrated at this moment I'd say is James Harden or Danny Granger

http://my-ambiti0n.tumblr.com/

December 20, 2011 @ 08:05 AM
arrpee

Underrated: DeMar DeRozan, and Arron Afflalo
December 22, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
Ceekay

Chris Bosh is the most overrated player in the NBA. Also hes an ostrich. And most underrated at this moment I'd say is James Harden or Danny Granger

LOL watch his breakaway missed dunk the other night. Such a bosh thing to do, he missed so bad.
December 24, 2011 @ 11:53 PM
piffaliffagus

LOL watch his breakaway missed dunk the other night. Such a bosh thing to do, he missed so bad.

always hated him. never understood why he was on the olympic team. i hated how he was always screaming after every dunk like it was the game winner or something.

HUGE quantity of Supreme goods for sale &amp; rare diamondxestateLA fitted. 75+ items http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168342

December 25, 2011 @ 01:04 AM
WCDon

My nigga Tayshaun Prince underrated.

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

Please login first to reply.