Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 30, 2011 @ 12:36 PM
livestok.

Okay, I just half assed a p90 program these past couple months. I actually worked out pretty hard, but didn't follow the diet. There are some results but the body fat is dere doe. I'm 6'1 and 175, looking to have a good time.. i mean add another 10 pounds of muscle. After that, I'll ask for advice on cutting. Can someone please help me out with a routine? I have a bench set in my backyard and my neighbor is letting me borrow a squat rack with his weight set.

thank you

You dont need a new/better routine you need to stop "half assing"

you should get a gym membership though as the things you can do are limited by your equipment
August 30, 2011 @ 11:17 PM
DlAMOND

damn, respect man. any pics of the progression?

The fact I am still 25-30% body fat when I am not flexing or have arms laying to my sides at a front view I don't look like I lift lol.
August 31, 2011 @ 12:34 AM
ClydeFrazier

damn dude, that's incredible dropping all that in a matter of months. what's your routine/diet like as of now? other overweight members might find it useful

Melo Gang All Day

August 31, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
Young Handsome

Anyone know any good push up routines
August 31, 2011 @ 03:51 AM
murklur

You dont need a new/better routine you need to stop "half assing"

you should get a gym membership though as the things you can do are limited by your equipment

half assed as in not following the diet. i gave my all to tony horton lol. the thing is, i went into p90, sort of as a reintroduction to working out again. something to get me prepared for a gym and a more strict routine. i even substituted the weak cardio days with insanity. there's really nothing i can do with the equipment i already have? what other exercises are there that are limited to a gym?

my diet won't be a problem once i figure things out
August 31, 2011 @ 07:11 AM
GrainBelt

Anyone know any good push up routines

Focus on technique. Hands at sides, don't flare your elbows out.

Do wide, regular, and triangle pushups. Sets and reps should include, 15, 12, 10.
August 31, 2011 @ 08:47 AM
livestok.

half assed as in not following the diet. i gave my all to tony horton lol. the thing is, i went into p90, sort of as a reintroduction to working out again. something to get me prepared for a gym and a more strict routine. i even substituted the weak cardio days with insanity. there's really nothing i can do with the equipment i already have? what other exercises are there that are limited to a gym?

You would miss out on alot of isolation exercises. You would still be able to do the big 3, squat/bench/deadlift but your weight would probably be limited too unless you have like 4-6+ 45 plates
August 31, 2011 @ 02:35 PM
tmwtg

Why's nobody focusing on murklur's problem?

He even mentioned it himself:

Figure that diet out quickly, man. No purpose if you're working hard in the gym and your diet is doo doo.
August 31, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
Scotty

^ All he has to do is refer to the first page is this thread, i broke down all the foods u should be eating and how to eat them for each purpose..

Also P90X is garbage, more than half the people who try it never actually finish or in this dudes case half ass it.. Its to long of a circuit training and most of the time overtrains you.. There is much better circuit trainings than p90 which are shorter but give u the same or better results..

Also murklur whats your actually weight set up? Be easier to help you figure somethings out knowing what u have specifically? Example, Bench press set up but is the setup have a leg extension on the bench or is just a bench with barbell? Do you have dumb bells or just barbell and plates? Just give a specific set up
August 31, 2011 @ 05:27 PM

Inactive

^ All he has to do is refer to the first page is this thread, i broke down all the foods u should be eating and how to eat them for each purpose..

Also P90X is garbage, more than half the people who try it never actually finish or in this dudes case half ass it.. Its to long of a circuit training and most of the time overtrains you.. There is much better circuit trainings than p90 which are shorter but give u the same or better results..

Also murklur whats your actually weight set up? Be easier to help you figure somethings out knowing what u have specifically? Example, Bench press set up but is the setup have a leg extension on the bench or is just a bench with barbell? Do you have dumb bells or just barbell and plates? Just give a specific set up

There are people who go to the gym, but get nothing done and minimal results due to lack of dedication and effort. Does that make the gym garbage? P90x is garbage or lazy people gravitate to it? Parts of P90x is great (AB RIPPER X), but as a whole, most people don't finish the program because they came in with no dedication or it really is just too strenuous/long for some people. I have a few co-workers who got through it and they saw good results.

The point of P90x is for the people who feel they need something setup for them to follow. A schedule they don't want to make themselves and someone (Tony Horton) telling them what to do. It's like having a faux-trainer. So P90x isn't garbage. It just doesn't work for lazy people who half-ass it.
August 31, 2011 @ 05:30 PM

Inactive

Unless you have a room and the right equipment dedicated to working out I would go with a gym membership. Another reason why the gym is good is because there are less distractions and you pay for it monthly which is also motivation to go. At least for some people.
August 31, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
Scotty

There are people who go to the gym, but get nothing done and minimal results due to lack of dedication and effort. Does that make the gym garbage? P90x is garbage or lazy people gravitate to it? Parts of P90x is great (AB RIPPER X), but as a whole, most people don't finish the program because they came in with no dedication or it really is just too strenuous/long for some people. I have a few co-workers who got through it and they saw good results.

The point of P90x is for the people who feel they need something setup for them to follow. A schedule they don't want to make themselves and someone (Tony Horton) telling them what to do. It's like having a faux-trainer. So P90x isn't garbage. It just doesn't work for lazy people who half-ass it.

Where did i say people dont see results from p90x because of no dedication? I said people either dont finish or half ass it.. Reason is because its such a long circuit training routine which cause this to happen.. Most people who try this routine are the average person who arent even ready for it.. They can be dedicated but just cant do it and eventually half ass it.. So there is much better circuit training routines which are much better and people see much better results, even for the average person.. People pay this crazy amount for this routine when they can get free circuit training like the Spartacus which people are going crazy about even trainers.. Yeah there is good things such as Tony being right in front of u at all times but i dont even think the Ab ripper is that great cause u dont even need that amount of ab workouts to get solid abs.. So in my opinion its garbage compared what else is out there.. You might not think it which is fine but thats my opinion on it..
August 31, 2011 @ 07:56 PM

Inactive

Please give some good inputs/insights on my situation.

The period from sep 2010 to July 2011, I was lifting weights, and was jogging/sprinting,- 3 times a week.
Without really trying to gain weight.. I went from 175 to 202lbs at one point..
FYI, I'm 6'2, and never been fat. Just skinny/athletic)
I was on No-Xplode the first 5-6 months..

Anyway:

Since mid july, I've been a complete lazy ass. Only workout; a couple of pushups/situps/step ups, 2-3 times a week..
Now I'm down to 177lbs, which is extremely frustrating. Weird thing is though, when I look in the mirror it doesn't look like I've lost muscle. I do feel somewhat weaker however , which I guess is pretty normal.

What really happened, how can I lose such an amount, from being inactive for 1.5 months? And how do I get back, how long will it take?

Appreciate it!
August 31, 2011 @ 09:24 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

Im skeptical you gained close to 30 pound in not even a year. A good % of that must be fat. The reason you dont notice a big loss in mass is probably because you see yourself in the mirror everyday so you are slowly accustomed to the loss. That is why people use before and after pics and don't just eyeball it. You must have really let go if you lost 30 pounds in 1.5 months something about your story doesn't click. Im thinking you weighed yourself wrong

-livestok

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

September 1, 2011 @ 12:07 AM
IrvinAmbil

I'm looking to get some more protein but i wanted to see what you guys would say.
I'm not lookin for something to help me gain mass just want something to help rebuild my muscles and everything after a workout. Basically i'm trying to lose weight in the gut area mostly.
Any suggestions on what protein i should buy?
September 1, 2011 @ 12:10 AM
Scotty

^ Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein
September 1, 2011 @ 12:25 AM
W33ZY

95% of supplements are pretty much worthless. All you really need is a protein shake and that's if you don't get too much in your diet. It all depends on your body weight but someone who weighs around 200 only needs about 40g of protein a day..
September 1, 2011 @ 01:23 AM
hanguk

95% of supplements are pretty much worthless. All you really need is a protein shake and that's if you don't get too much in your diet. It all depends on your body weight but someone who weighs around 200 only needs about 40g of protein a day..

confusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfused
negatory unless youre not trying to build any kind of muscle whatsoever.
September 1, 2011 @ 01:25 AM

Inactive

Where did i say people dont see results from p90x because of no dedication? I said people either dont finish or half ass it..

Isn't half assing it and lack of dedication not one in the same? You're entitled to your opinion and I agree with some points, but I wouldn't go as far to say that P90x is garbage since it obviously works for a lot of people. Trainers went nuts for P90x years ago just like how they went nuts for Insanity, Spartacus, Viking, all that shit.

Im skeptical you gained close to 30 pound in not even a year. A good % of that must be fat. The reason you dont notice a big loss in mass is probably because you see yourself in the mirror everyday so you are slowly accustomed to the loss. That is why people use before and after pics and don't just eyeball it. You must have really let go if you lost 30 pounds in 1.5 months something about your story doesn't click. Im thinking you weighed yourself wrong

-livestok

Haha did Drew ban you? I gained ~20 lbs in 6-7 months if that's any kind of indication. 140 to 160-165
September 1, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
Young Handsome

Focus on technique. Hands at sides, don't flare your elbows out.

Do wide, regular, and triangle pushups. Sets and reps should include, 15, 12, 10.

I need something that will really put a burn on my chest. Right now I'm doing 6 sets of 20 about 2-3 times a day I want a new variation of pushups
September 1, 2011 @ 07:18 AM

Inactive

-livestok

I got no point lying. Having said that, after I quit NoX I lost a good amount of weight (should've included that info earlier)..
I was very stable after that, weighing around 190. So from july to know, I've lost around 13lbs.

Just want to know how I can lose that much, and how long does it take for me to come back.

Thanks
September 1, 2011 @ 09:14 AM
livestok.

I got no point lying. Having said that, after I quit NoX I lost a good amount of weight (should've included that info earlier)..
I was very stable after that, weighing around 190. So from july to know, I've lost around 13lbs.

Just want to know how I can lose that much, and how long does it take for me to come back.

Thanks

Not saying you're lying, maybe you weighed yourself wrong thats a huge fluctuation. Your diet and exercise must have changed up alot if you lost that much. It wont take as long to gain back what you lost because of muscle memory. Tbh i dont really follow what happened real confusing

Talking out the ass

Isn't half assing it and lack of dedication not one in the same? You're entitled to your opinion and I agree with some points, but I wouldn't go as far to say that P90x is garbage since it obviously works for a lot of people. Trainers went nuts for P90x years ago just like how they went nuts for Insanity, Spartacus, Viking, all that shit.

Haha did Drew ban you? I gained ~20 lbs in 6-7 months if that's any kind of indication. 140 to 160-165

nah happened to be on iceboogies account by accident, didnt want to relog and post it again ; - )
September 1, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
kalonb91

Just got the p90x ab ripper, some 20 lb dumbbells, and the perfect push-up/pull-up
Does anybody have a good idea or a link for a good workout utilizing each of these?
September 1, 2011 @ 01:47 PM
Scotty

I start this today, 12 week transformation challenge by Muscle Pharm! Just got a new routine for lean muscle growth while burning BF and a whole new meal plan from Poynter.. Im actually really going to try and see if i can win this challenge, here is what you win:

- $10,000 Cash
- 2 years of free Muscle Pharm supplements($300 a month)
- Go train at the new Muscle Pharm training facility in Orange county
- A photo shoot for Muscle Pharm
- and the best of all besides the cash 2 free front row seats to UFC!

Wish me luck, motivation is always great!
September 1, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
IrvinAmbil

^ Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein

Best flavor? My backup plan is vanilla, just incase i'm scared to try anything.
September 1, 2011 @ 10:29 PM
ClydeFrazier

their vanilla isn't very good imo, at least with water

go chocolate

Melo Gang All Day

September 1, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
Youth In Asia

Good luck, Scotty. Hopefully you can do like James Welch and go in white and come out Dominican

FPM - MUCKFATH

September 1, 2011 @ 11:07 PM
Scotty

^ HAHAHHA Thanks man

Best flavor? My backup plan is vanilla, just incase i'm scared to try anything.

Double rich chocolate is the best, if u like chocolate milk, you will like this!

their vanilla isn't very good imo, at least with water

go chocolate

Yeah, pretty much all of em arent good with water, reason i will add half milk, half water which makes the taste much better!
September 2, 2011 @ 02:56 AM
W33ZY

confusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfused
negatory unless youre not trying to build any kind of muscle whatsoever.

look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try
September 2, 2011 @ 04:59 AM
fatbro

look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try

LOL

yeah try lifting heavy weights weekly, while only eating ~40g of protein a day, and see where that gets you

i'm sure the average person gets way more protein in a day, let alone a lifter

fuck outta here

Please login first to reply.