Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
August 13, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

^yeah there are way too many factors to consider when calculating life expectancy.. its not just because people eat more fish....
August 15, 2011 @ 02:11 AM
PlugTunin

if any of you guys are costco members, i just came across clif builder's bars, $13 for a 12 pack, which is a steal. they taste amazing and they're all natural (though a bit high in sugar), i highly recommend picking them up.

These things are great. There is like 20 gs of protein in one bar

This new layout is a disappointment

August 15, 2011 @ 04:05 AM
ClydeFrazier

yup. it's tough to keep it to one a day, they taste so damn good it's the first thing i reach for after i burn

btw for those who drink a lot of water, how often are you urinating throughout the day. i drink a gallon-gallon and a half a day and i feel like i'm constantly going (like every 1-2 hours)

Melo Gang All Day

August 15, 2011 @ 12:57 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah u will piss alot once u start taking in that much water.. One reason why i hate drinking so much is cause i feel like im pissing every 5 minutes and it gets annoying especially at work.. And also with green tea i rink twice a day, shit make u piss even more it seems like but whatever, its something you have do, so i just go with it!
August 15, 2011 @ 04:09 PM
Youth In Asia

What to drink with meals? I usually drink V8 but I think I read somewhere that apple juice is better. Or should I just drink water?

FPM - MUCKFATH

August 15, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
ClydeFrazier

water. try to drink a gallon a day.

Melo Gang All Day

August 15, 2011 @ 07:34 PM
drewblocka

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

August 17, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
DunkPunk

just stocked up on mass xxx from gnc. aww yeeee.

gained 13 lbs over the summer. almost at my goal of 150.

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

August 18, 2011 @ 01:21 AM
mumbai

i need weight lifting gloves cause the part between my middle finger and my palms starting to hurt when i lift, getting caluses and feels like its about to tear open. my brother said theres different kinds of gloves, he was like mesh, leather, etc. what do i get, i just need a basic glove that i wouldnt be uncomfortable wearing. i know i should go in store and try it on but i dont even know where to start. theres like some for grip, stability, control, power.
August 18, 2011 @ 04:37 AM
ClydeFrazier

what kindof weight are you putting up and how much do you weigh?

if i were you i might reevaluate my form because from what i understand, gloves should really only help with gripping and prevention of callouses, but then again i haven't researched too much on them.

Melo Gang All Day

August 18, 2011 @ 11:02 AM
mumbai

i just do the basics, bench, bicep curl, etc. i im pretty sure its not the weights cause i do 3 sets of 10 and i dont go heavy. its just my palms sensitive, used 20 pounds on a bicep curl and thats when it started hurting, i played badminton before and same thing happened, the rackets were lightweight, so yeah prety much just sensitive skin
August 18, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
fatbro

using gloves increases ROM on lifts (hands are further from the bar) and will weaken your grip in the long run

use chalk
August 18, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
Dat1Dude562

alright so im looking for any criticism to help me out with building muscle and losing fat. i'm no expert at this so i ask if anyone here could help me with my diet. i know it's not great at all but anny help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, im 5'6" and weigh 151 lbs. i've been going to the gym for a month and a half now and i've gained 6 lbs from being 145lbs.

Breakfast: a bowl of cereal;

Before workout: a banana and a cliff bar

After workout; Lunch: grilled cheese (provolone with turkey)

Dinner: beans with 2 eggs

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

August 18, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
fatbro

if you want to build muscle, you have to eat much more than that. that sounds like...1500 calories/70g protein at max.

also, what routine have you been doing at the gym?
August 18, 2011 @ 07:27 PM
Youth In Asia

You might want to cut grilled cheese and have oatmeal for brekfast to switch it up if you are eating Cheerios.

FPM - MUCKFATH

August 18, 2011 @ 08:20 PM
Scotty

alright so im looking for any criticism to help me out with building muscle and losing fat. i'm no expert at this so i ask if anyone here could help me with my diet. i know it's not great at all but anny help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, im 5'6" and weigh 151 lbs. i've been going to the gym for a month and a half now and i've gained 6 lbs from being 145lbs.

Breakfast: a bowl of cereal;

Before workout: a banana and a cliff bar

After workout; Lunch: grilled cheese (provolone with turkey)

Dinner: beans with 2 eggs

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Worse daily eating for losing or building muscle... No Protein in the morning? Always eat some kind of protein in the morning... Cliff bars arent the best cause they carry alot of sugar.. Grill cheese? Nah just have the turkey with wheat bread.. Dont really need to eat beans and eggs.. Have the eggs for breakfast and have beans with some rice and vegetables.. Also u need some more fruit and vegetables with more protein.. Lastly, while losing fat u will gain lean muscle not actually mass muscle..
August 18, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
livestok.

lol u do NOT need gloves

heres a little tip for pulling exercises. Hold the bar near your fingertips like a hook. DOnt have them pressed against ur palm cuz the bar will just slide against ur skin and end up against the edge of ur fingers anyways (gravity), if yall know what im talking bout
August 18, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
ClydeFrazier

not enough meals and not balanced at all

here's what i've been doing

breakfast: 6 egg whites with 2 yolks, handful of spinach, handful of broccoli, a tomato, 2 mushrooms, and a handful of peppers with an almond butter and banana sandwich on wheat.

sometimes if i'm in a rush i just wind up warming up some oats in water then mix it with a scoop of whey

preworkout: either a whey protein shake with some oats or a clif builder's bar

postworkout: whey protein with oats and creatine (probably going to add dextrose soon since simple carbs help with creatine absorption)

postworkout meal/lunch: a big bowl of ground turkey or chicken pasta with a side of spinach salad (using olive oil as dressing)

snack: wheat focaccia bread with mushroom and tomato paste, chicken breast, and an apple

dinner: turkey burger with pepper jack cheese, grilled peppers and mushrooms, spinach, tomato, and avocado

1/2 hourish before bed: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, tbsp of almond butter, and a scoop of casein

sometimes if i'm up for awhile, i'll have a small bowl of pasta or another builder's bar inbetween the dinner and bedtime protein.

i'm 6ft and weigh about 180 lbs going for lean mass, just in the past 2 weeks while really sticking to this diet my gains and size have gone up noticeably and my waist is slightly trimmer (and i don't really work abs)

you should be going for at least 1 gram of protein per lb a day (so you should have 151 grams of protein per day, if not more) and i'd suggest at least 2000 calories if not more.

mine is prolly at 2500+, i'm gonna finally calculate it tonight.

Melo Gang All Day

August 18, 2011 @ 08:52 PM
Youth In Asia

My idol ^

FPM - MUCKFATH

August 18, 2011 @ 09:06 PM
livestok.

* should be 1g protein for every pound lean body mass

but switch cereal for oatmeal

after workout have whey shake

egg whites/chicken/tuna/cottage cheese all good protein sources to incorporate

also you should take fish oil/multi

Keep in mind you should be eating whole/square meals, dont starve yourself. Im a bit bigger than you but I cant imagine eating fuking beans and 2 eggs for dinner brah

-kinda rambled but basically eat more meat/protein and switch out some of the foods for healtheir alternatives
August 18, 2011 @ 09:06 PM
Scotty

lol u do NOT need gloves

heres a little tip for pulling exercises. Hold the bar near your fingertips like a hook. DOnt have them pressed against ur palm cuz the bar will just slide against ur skin and end up against the edge of ur fingers anyways (gravity), if yall know what im talking bout

Yeah agree no need for gloves.. If you feel the bar sliding around, thats from your hands becoming sweaty abit.. Use chalk, most public gyms dont have it cause they want to keep the gym clean, so buy some and use it, fuck what they say, u pay them! haha
August 19, 2011 @ 09:34 PM

Inactive

Leg day hurts so gooooood
August 21, 2011 @ 07:50 AM
traCk.

hit 315 dl for reps yesterday. felt fucking awesomecool
gotta get my squat up now
August 22, 2011 @ 02:35 PM
Scotty

Just took a whole week off completely.. No working out exception of a hike i did one day and just ate whatever i wanted for the whole week.. hahaha Pizza, ice cream, french fries, cookies and every other thing thats garbage! I even drank ALOT of soda hahahaha! This felt great, I had to let my whole body rest and eat all the junk/garbage food i wanted cause the next 3 months are going to be nothing but strict healthy diet everyday w/ no cheat days with a very strict workout plan! Will be doing progress pics every 2 weeks for the next 3 months on BB...
August 22, 2011 @ 04:47 PM
tmwtg

^ Same here, except I ate shitty for 4 days.

Didn't gain much weight at all. Felt like shit, so I'm eating clean now.
August 22, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
ClydeFrazier

wow, i felt guilty for taking past few days off (had a girl visit this weekend)

btw just came across a great article on simply shredded

Melo Gang All Day

August 22, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
jaythestar

We need to do a Cali work out meetup...I just got done doing 100 burpees for time. 8:43. not my fastest but I'll get back to under 8 mins! No gloves for me either.
August 23, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
F/22

toughmudder.com/
anybody doing this here from norcal?

Where you at???
August 23, 2011 @ 09:33 AM
semaJ.

before a jog should i eat or eat later after jogging?

August 23, 2011 @ 10:28 AM
livestok.

^ you're over thinking it. its just a jog eat whenever you want just don't have too much before or you'll feel bloated

Please login first to reply.