FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
August 9, 2011 @ 04:18 PM
Scotty

^ Good strict diet for alittle bit, Some sprint cardio work and a weight routine!

* Also on a side not, I worked out next to Rosa Acosta this morning!
August 9, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
Youth In Asia

I think I'm gonna work in quite a bit more cardio like rope jumping but for running, are sprints better than slower long distance running? And should I sprint and take breaks in-between or jog and sprint for like 30 seconds every once and a while

FPM - MUCKFATH

August 9, 2011 @ 04:23 PM
livestok.

drew do cardio hiit 3-4 times a week
lift weights 3-4 times a week
make sure youre at a calorie deficit (-500 or -1000 a day)
drink lots of water

stick to it and youre guaranteed results
August 9, 2011 @ 04:24 PM
windowpane

Ok so i am doing this diet/set of excercises that i found in a muscle fitness magazine. My objective is a six pack, and getting slim and cut. Not huge, or muscular at all.

BTW the diet says it is for a man weighing around 180 and i weigh that. I am also 5'9. I used to weigh 210 pounds and i lost it doing a diet with cardio and a trainer, and im afraid im at that level where you get stuck in a specific weight and its hard to get lower than that. Its discouraging because ive heard it various times.

~ Will this type of diet get me losing weight and thinner?

~ I want to know if these workout will give me the type of physique im looking for?

~ it is recoomended to do minimum of three days of cardio with this program. Is doing insanity six days a week a good idea to accelerate the process for me? Should i only do like three days of insanity? Or should i do insanity at all? if not what other type of cardio is suggested?

~ in how long should i expect the results i am looking for?

This is the diet:

These are the workouts:

This is what my body looks like:
August 9, 2011 @ 04:37 PM
Scotty

^ That right there is just a basic workout routine and the diet has u drinking more protein shakes then actually eating.. I wouldnt go with that diet.. Check the first post i made, has a list f foods you should be eating.. Also here is a great lean muscle routine I have done and posted:

^ yeah here is the basic of it..

Back and Bi's( 2 to 3 exercises each) with 30 min. cardio
Chest/shoulders/Tris( 2-3 exercises each)
30-45 minute cardio & Ab circuit
Legs
Back/Bi's with 30 minute cardio
Chest/Shoulder/tris(
Cardio and ab circuit
then legs and so on...

This is a 12 week routine, which you do it 7 days a week.. And u are always rotating days, so u never are on the same schedule, keeps your muscle guessing and working.. Also when u are on your second day of the split try doing a different exercise than the first day.. For example, on chest day one u do Bench, incline, decline, so on the second day try bench, incline flys and dips.. Works the same mucles but in a different way..

Also getting shredded for what look you are trying to achieve doesnt come in a few weeks.. Its a process, so dont think it can happen quickly especially getting that 6 pack ab, shredded look!
August 9, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
windowpane

Cool man thanks ill do that. But i already bought evrything to last about a week and a half for that diet. If i follow it for the time being would i benefit in any way. Orhow do you think i should modify it. Also i no0ticed that about tha shakes i found it weird.
August 9, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
Scotty

^ First thing when do u workout morning, afternoon, around 5 or night time? That will base how u should be doing some of your meals..

Second thing: 4 whole eggs? No, thats has alot of fat in them.. Go with 4 egg whites, 1 whole.. Get rid of the cheese, whole wheat bread or english muffin is fine but i would go with oatmeal or fruit!

Lunch: Mayonaise? Thats a no, just eat that tuna and suck it up if u dont like the taste! haha Also grab a vegetable of some sort

Snack: yogurt is good and instead of a shake eat some almonds with it

Dinner looks great

Pre and post workout is fine but i dont drink a protein shake before because i use my breakfast as a pre workout meal and also post i always have a carb which i eat a banana
August 9, 2011 @ 05:26 PM
theh00d

Cool...I'm ectomorph btw.

I need a routine for stretching(Mainly to increase my flexibility)
how to incorporate that into my cardio or lifting?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

August 9, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
windowpane

Yeah i got a low fat mayo. i only put half a ts of mayo in the can. Also what the hell do i eat the bread or english muffin with? just egg?

Gym is usually midday, afternoon, or night. Never early in the morning. I cant have a fixated schedule because of my job.

What can i do abnout my meal patterns then. I also work overnights too which makes me sometimes wake up around 11am disrupting my diet schedule what can i do about that, dietwise?
August 10, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
Scotty

^ I still say no to mayo if u are trying to lose fat... Unless u are just going to eat every once in awhile then it would be alright but wouldnt suggest it everyday.. I would also just work your meal patterns by the day.. Basically just try to eat small meals every 3 hours make sure u have a meal 45 minutes an hour pre workout and have a protein shake right after then try to eat a meal an hour or so later...

Hood: yoga or just stretch
August 10, 2011 @ 12:55 PM
DREWKKAKE

lol is the mayo in the diet to make the tuna eatable?

and scotty this thread is great. good job dood

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

August 10, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah its a condiment that carries alot of fat.. Alot of people put on tuna cause they can just eat it as is.. Same as on other sandwiches.. But tuna is the worst as it is, not sure how people can do it.. I dont eat it but for those who do should try to eat without the mayo(trying to lose weight).. I know some people who just huff it down fast as possible! hahaha
August 10, 2011 @ 02:21 PM
livestok.

Tuna with some olive oil + chopped up celery/onions tastes pretty good
August 10, 2011 @ 03:07 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Honestly I don't see the BIG issue with like a few tbsps of mayo with like 3-4 cans of tuna...shit's not going to really make a difference in the long run if you keep up with your regiment.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

August 10, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
Vancouver

fuck it im on dat eat whatever you want swag. IIFYM cool
August 10, 2011 @ 08:05 PM
gnar

Honestly I don't see the BIG issue with like a few tbsps of mayo with like 3-4 cans of tuna...shit's not going to really make a difference in the long run if you keep up with your regiment.

That's the difference between the winners or the losers.

But seriously, if you're measuring a highly fatty condiment in tablespoons then yes, it will make a difference.
August 10, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
Jake2545

Any of you fuck with Keto? I have implemented it every couple months for 6 or so weeks to help cut down on body fat.

If your looking for something that burns fat and allows your lifts and strength to maintain and/or go up, I highly recommend looking into it.
August 11, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
aTTag.

aYo, this will save you time and money.

Fat loss = High fat/protein + Low Carb diet

Don't worry how much fat you eat, actually 'eat MORE fat'. Don't listen to the misconceptions of including fat in your diet. There is a difference between GOOD fat (monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and omega-3s) and BAD (Saturated + Trans fat).

As long as you are eating free range/organic eggs, feel free to include as many as you want.

Also, if you have a thyroid condition (hypo or hyperthyroidism, look into incorporating Iodine supplementation in the form of Lugols)

If I had to recommend ONE diet to anyone (more of a lifestyle change), it would be the Paleo diet. Look it up.

I will go into a deep analysis of diet and supplementation if you PM me for advice. Hate seeing trill doods struggle to look their best.

Remain trill.
August 11, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
ClydeFrazier

as many eggs as you want? that sounds sketchy. i go with 2 yolks a day.

Melo Gang All Day

August 11, 2011 @ 05:55 PM
Scotty

aYo, this will save you time and money.

Fat loss = High fat/protein + Low Carb diet

Don't worry how much fat you eat, actually 'eat MORE fat'. Don't listen to the misconceptions of including fat in your diet. There is a difference between GOOD fat (monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and omega-3s) and BAD (Saturated + Trans fat).

As long as you are eating free range/organic eggs, feel free to include as many as you want.

Also, if you have a thyroid condition (hypo or hyperthyroidism, look into incorporating Iodine supplementation in the form of Lugols)

If I had to recommend ONE diet to anyone (more of a lifestyle change), it would be the Paleo diet. Look it up.

I will go into a deep analysis of diet and supplementation if you PM me for advice. Hate seeing trill doods struggle to look their best.

Remain trill.

Who's wasting money or time? And u just mentioned 2 different diets in one post.. The first one u just mentioned is the basically the KETO diet and then u mention the Paleo Diet.. But will agree that the paleo diet for those who eat meat is a great healthy diet to carry on..

Also i woudlnt recommending eating as many eggs u feel with yolk.. I would say u can alot of egg whites and maybe 1 or 2 eggs whites depend on the egg white ratio..
August 11, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
livestok.

Too much cholesterol will kill ya
August 12, 2011 @ 03:31 AM
ClydeFrazier

if any of you guys are costco members, i just came across clif builder's bars, $13 for a 12 pack, which is a steal. they taste amazing and they're all natural (though a bit high in sugar), i highly recommend picking them up.

Melo Gang All Day

August 12, 2011 @ 10:10 AM
IrvinAmbil

if any of you guys are costco members, i just came across clif builder's bars, $13 for a 12 pack, which is a steal. they taste amazing and they're all natural (though a bit high in sugar), i highly recommend picking them up.

Is it the protein bar or the energy bar?
August 12, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
sploosh

This shit sounds stupid, but how did you guys start lifting?

I don't work out besides riding my bike and doing pull ups, and I want to start lifting some, but I honestly don't know how to start. I know if I go in and just start lifting- 1) I will look like an idiot 2)I won't be doing the right exercises 3) I'll be weak as fuck

CHEAP~ Huf Camo Waxed Highland, Saddlemans, Jcrew, Levis Commuters~CHEAP http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193523

August 12, 2011 @ 12:25 PM
Scotty

^ Its fairly easy, find a basic workout routine, start light but with alittle struggle on last rep, so u can learn the correct form, and u should be good.. But u actually said something smart, not to just go to the gym and start lifting.. Here is one of the best basic routines to get started with, it will build up some strength and get you used to the compound exercises that are the most important , after a few weeks then move on to different parts of the body for certain days.. Here it is

Mon, wed, friday(3 sets, 10-12 reps):
- Bench Press
- Bent over rows
- Squats
- deadlifts(Form is very crucial)
- Shoulder press(barbell or dumbbell)
- tricep pushdown
- bicep curl(with bar or dumbbell)
- Calf raises
- Crunches

tuesday, thursday, saturday(rest)
Sunday: i recommend a cardio day but u can rest

These are usually 10 for $10 at Ralphs but havent been lately... But they have to much sugar in em, so i always grab pure protein bar instead.. But cant lie the builders are taste awesome!
August 12, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
kawasakiee

yes yes to this
August 12, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
ClydeFrazier

Is it the protein bar or the energy bar?

protein bar

sploosh, i highly recommend finding an experienced friend to go with who can teach you the proper form and breathing techniques (it's as easy as breathe in when coming down and out when going up, but it takes some getting used to). i've seen people hospitalized for not using the correct form when going heavy on squat and deadlift, plus when it comes to isometric exercises, form is very important. you want to make sure you're only working the intended muscle. i see people at the gym all the time using weights far too heavy for them and throwing their back into every bicep curl. that's not gonna help you in the long run.

Melo Gang All Day

August 12, 2011 @ 08:35 PM
aTTag.

Who's wasting money or time? And u just mentioned 2 different diets in one post.. The first one u just mentioned is the basically the KETO diet and then u mention the Paleo Diet.. But will agree that the paleo diet for those who eat meat is a great healthy diet to carry on..

Also i wouldn't recommending eating as many eggs u feel with yolk.. I would say u can alot of egg whites and maybe 1 or 2 eggs whites depend on the egg white ratio..

No. Keto diet is: a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet (I do not recommend this diet for a man, although it is better than nothing).

Paleo Diet is: High protein, adequate-fats (higher O3/O6 ratio), low-carbohydrate diet

I suggested to use a "modified" paleo diet with more fat intake. I should have been more specific in that I meant more fat in the form of Omega-3 rather than 6.

I was not insinuating that you guys were wasting money or time. However, most people (Americans I should say) are buying into all of the diet/fads that only help them lose weight (pounds-mostly muscle), not fat.
August 12, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
aTTag.

And about the eggs. I didn't expect you guys to down a whole carton of eggs. I was assuming one would eat maybe 8-12 a week.

Fact is, eggs are classified as dangerous and people generally fear them for their bad "cholesterol" properties. When in fact, they have more "good" than "bad".

Eggs are one of the most beneficial foods you can eat. I won't even go into listing all of the benefits, but it is an excellent source of all kinds of vitamins/minerals.

www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/egg-nutrition

There has been countless studies of eggs and it's relationship to heart disease. No correlation has ever been found/linked to the two. If you buy into the BS, then sure, you can only fuck with egg whites. But there is no need to fear eggs.

It's like people being scared of eating fish(mercury) and iodine. Look who has the longest life expectancy with the highest seafood "iodine" intake (Japan). Everyone is the Western world is deficient in so many vitamins and minerals, they can't afford not to include eggs into their diets.
August 12, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
livestok.

It's like people being scared of eating fish(mercury) and iodine. Look who has the longest life expectancy with the highest seafood "iodine" intake (Japan). Everyone is the Western world is deficient in so many vitamins and minerals, they can't afford not to include eggs into their diets.

I am not disagreeing or agreeing with you here but, that is not valid reasoning at all lol the two could have no correlation

Please login first to reply.