[OFFICIAL] Fitness, Nutrition, and Supplement Discussion Thread

May 11, 2012 @ 23:29:12
so kinda whole new to the game. ive been going to the gym for a year now (on and off) w/out any consistent program to follow really. just wondering do any of y'all recommend any programs/tips for someone trying to get stronger/more defined? i'm eating pretty healthy, trying to cut out junk foods, eating veggies and all that. and i make my own smoothie every night (berries,carrots)

18 years old.150 pounds. i'm like skinny fat. not sure about my BF% but it's not where I want it to be.

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

May 12, 2012 @ 04:59:49
Based on Sam's physique, I'll take his advice.
May 12, 2012 @ 22:02:51
Based on Sam's physique, I'll take his advice.

Thanks bro, I mean I'm not trying to feed you guys bs, take it what it is.. just stuff I do on my own, I'm sure someone who has more experience than me will probably look at it and laugh.I dont know everything there is to lifting, been lifting for near 2 years now.. got in to it because I wasn't comfortable in my own skin and was teased alot in school.. but anyways I do my research whenever I can, but a lot of this stuff is just understanding and applying..

pics from my instragram: wong_fei_hung

May 13, 2012 @ 01:21:39
youre ripped props
May 13, 2012 @ 17:09:13

u got them b, some of it may sound stupid/ broscience, what not.. but its working for me

-chew a lot of gum

---- makes no sense whatsoever

-cardio is a must

---- cardio is not a must at all just extra if you need to burn more calories (is good for heart health etc though)

-an hour a day is all it takes

---- not true varies for everyone, again what works for you doesnt mean it will for other

-before i eat i look at the nutrition facts.. food is food, this sandwich that has 5gm of fat will make you just as satisfied as that sandwich with 20gm of fat

---- full maybe, not satisfied dont use words you dont know the meaning of

-forget about overtraining and dieting, go to the gym and give it your all before you worry about other stuff

---- absolutely retarded. overtraining is a common mistake most beginners make. as for dieting... pretty self explanatory

-dont waste valueble time in the gym, a little over an hour each workout

---- u on death row brah?

-eat right or atleast try to, but its ok to eat what you want if it makes sense

--- no its not good luck with your heart disease goals in 30 years

-i believe in IIFYM (if it fits your micros), meaning depending what your goals are you can pretty much eat anything as long they measure up to what your calorie, fats, etc needs are.. and doesn't matter when you eat

---- its macronutrients not micros, again pick up a dictionary before you pretend like you know what these words mean

-supplements i always take are multivitamins, fish oil, and creatine

---- can take too much of fish oil

-creatine is good for ever, no its not a steroid, no it wont make you instantly big, don't stop taking it thinking it keeps your bloated or fat.. many bodybuilders use creatine up and through their competition, it holds water in the muscle.

---- lmao who thinks creatine is a steroid

lol nig is butthurt cause dude is stuntin on him without knwing what hes doin. he said in the very beginning soem might sound stupid and that hes not an expert its just what works for him.
May 20, 2012 @ 21:57:34
any tips while cutting?

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

May 21, 2012 @ 01:29:46
I think this is interesting, shows the importance of high intensity workouts

And how important exercise is as a whole

May 24, 2012 @ 05:41:04
what do you guys listen to in the gym? Im getting tired of my playlist and need some suggestions for my aesthetics mixtape...
May 24, 2012 @ 09:37:34

feb 7 - may 23. hard gainer, 4th week of cutting. 123 - 140 lbs.

stay pau

May 24, 2012 @ 09:50:58
what do you guys listen to in the gym? Im getting tired of my playlist and need some suggestions for my aesthetics mixtape...

waka flocka

stay pau

May 24, 2012 @ 16:44:45

Everybody watch the BBC video posted on this page. It isn't gonna give you tips on how to get cut, but if you're intelligent enough it will provide insight to formulate a specialized plan based on your genetics.
I think this is interesting, shows the importance of high intensity workouts

May 25, 2012 @ 04:32:31
How long should a session of HIIT be? Once I hit around 20 mins I'm worn out

June 09, 2012 @ 04:57:09

chief keef
Three 6
If you don't like them (I do) look up their instrumentals. My progress is coming along great. I want to reach my goal before I post pics.
June 10, 2012 @ 06:10:32
if what im assuming about sams somatotype is correct (I didn't read any posts b4 this page) it looks like he started off as skinny ecto that just built muscle like zyzz so he pretty much has it made for him in terms of staying lean and looking big (all the top bodyspacers currently are ectos, fitness models etc)

he can theoretically get away with way moar stuff due to his metabolism alone ie: not needing to do cardio just clean dieting, etc

i heard of this pure endomorph on bb needing to do 2 weight workouts and 2 cardio workouts daily just to get to that guys bodyfat in which he lost after going back to normal working out along with clean dieting

tldr; not "everyone" can do exactly what he does to acheive his results, everyone needs their own custom program to follow
June 11, 2012 @ 03:53:12
I don't have an ecto body type so I don't do everything he does, But from his advice and knowing my body type, I've created a program that works for me. I know what I can and can't do if I want to reach my goal. I just think it's funny that livestok said everything Sam was doing was wrong when it's CLEARLY working for him. If Livestok posted pics I would be more inclined to believe him
June 14, 2012 @ 07:07:21
Yo, any one here sussing intermittent fasting? Only briefly skimmed over this thread but no one has seemed to mention it yet..
Please login first to reply.