Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 20, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
Sam

The Whey supplement won't bulk me up right? and what does the fish oil do? Thanks jaded

EDIT: God damn Sam give me some pointers....

u got them b, some of it may sound stupid/ broscience, what not.. but its working for me

-drink a lot of water
-chew a lot of gum
-cardio is a must
-make friends with people who have good physiques, talk to them, ask for advice.. not trying to brag but a lot of people come up and ask me stuff all the time.. i feel humbled to give them answers to what i do
-an hour a day is all it takes
-i dont keep track of all my calorie intake but i have a good guess of how much carbs, protein, fat and calories by the end of each day.. if i remember
-dont go paranoid about working out.. let it be a part of your day and carry on with other things u got to do
-before i eat i look at the nutrition facts.. food is food, this sandwich that has 5gm of fat will make you just as satisfied as that sandwich with 20gm of fat
-forget about overtraining and dieting, go to the gym and give it your all before you worry about other stuff
-dont waste valueble time in the gym, a little over an hour each workout
-eat right or atleast try to, but its ok to eat what you want if it makes sense
-have fun lifting.. i look at it as grown-up recess.. no joke

-FAT does not turn into MUSCLE, if you think you have muscle it will be there once you loose fat, look up pics of bodybuilders, some pics they could pass off as overweight people but in a few months they look amazing.. thats because they had the muscle to begin with.. then you have someone like Jared from SUBWAY..
-having a health magazine in the bathroom is a good thing, just reading random articles youre in there will help you knowledge of fitness, but there's also a lot of bs.. but you really get a better picture of things and workouts
-working out is a blessing, think it as a privilege, all the tools that will make you look better..
-dont let people in the gym hold you back from doing excercises, like deadlifting and squatting where it may feel awkward as fcuk sticking out your ass for good form
-work your ass off, like have fun in the gym but you have to DO WORK.. have a few good laughs with your gym buddies then push weight like your life depends on it
-have a short term goal in mind, too many people want to look like their ideal physique in 2 weeks etc, face reality
-set your ego aside, if you're confident outside the gym you may want to assert what dominance you think you have inside the gym.. trying to do weight you cant get good form with, needing someone to spot you for all your reps, etc.. lets just say you're wasting your time..
-experiment with slow and controlled movements vs faster and up tempo.. switch it up, train in volume..
-leave the gym feeling satisfied, i used to get all paranoid about am i overtraining? not pushing myself enough? not eating good enough?.. take it for what its worth.. you can only do everything right for so far, get over that feeling of self doubt

-i believe in IIFYM (if it fits your micros), meaning depending what your goals are you can pretty much eat anything as long they measure up to what your calorie, fats, etc needs are.. and doesn't matter when you eat
-supplements i always take are multivitamins, fish oil, and creatine.
-creatine is good for ever, no its not a steroid, no it wont make you instantly big, don't stop taking it thinking it keeps your bloated or fat.. many bodybuilders use creatine up and through their competition, it holds water in the muscle.
-try eating healthier? as in try actually cook food yourself, lately ive been making a lot of chicken and salmon
-but since i do have a fast metabolism, i get away with eating junk a lot more.. everyone if different, how your body processes foods.. are you a ecto, meso, or endo?
- a lot of this stuff is trail and error, but if it sounds like its common sense.. it probably is, but when you see ads for products that say it will burn away fat and whatnot.. you have to do work too.. I know a lot of my friends who i workout with think taking oxyelite, grenade, other thermogenics etc.. that it will make them shredded.. they're up to bottle 2 and still no improvement.. hmm i wonder why?

a sample diet i would eat right now, trying to cut right now:
breakfast: cup of oatmeal 49g carbs with blueberries, 3 large eggs, 2 cups water
lunch: some salmon i made the night before + half cup of brown rice (when I make rice and food, i make a whole bunch since im lazy as hell) + water
a hour before workout: preworkout drink
postworkout: 48gm of whey protein and simple carbs. OR somedays i will eat out right after my workout, i usually go to places where they have meals that are loaded with protein, carbs, moderate fat.. like chicken burrito from chipotle
dinner: whatever I make at home, salmon, chicken, steak, etc.. some veggies, brown rice..

here's some pics from my instagram.. notice the brown rice everywhere? smile

did a full body routine today and just messed around with weights..
April 22, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
tmwtg

Sam, are you bulking?

Heads up to anybody who's working out: Soy sauce did wonders for my PSMF last summer. Not too much, though; just enough so that your food isn't too boring.
April 22, 2012 @ 05:24 PM
shakintheD

lol i need to work out im skinny af. cant afford gym so im still stuck with p90 l0l w.e im just going to go buy some weights~

also do you guys reccomend eating those protein bars and shakes? im still in HS so its hard trying to eat 4-6 meals a day
April 22, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
Berserker

lol i need to work out im skinny af. cant afford gym so im still stuck with p90 l0l w.e im just going to go buy some weights~

also do you guys reccomend eating those protein bars and shakes? im still in HS so its hard trying to eat 4-6 meals a day

protein drinks > bars
at least for me

Bars just have an assload of sugar
but dont get me wrong, there are a lot of good protein bars out there also

***Self Made Scammer*** Shout outs to cheyaaa

April 22, 2012 @ 08:52 PM
jaded

Yeah, I would try to stick to actually whey powder mixed in water or milk (I use water myself). Those bars seem to be junk for the most part. Since you're looking to bulk up a bit, milk would probably be a better option.

How is P90x? I need something I can do at home for a while.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 22, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
jaded

Sam, are you bulking?

Heads up to anybody who's working out: Soy sauce did wonders for my PSMF last summer. Not too much, though; just enough so that your food isn't too boring.

Were you really overweight? or did you just do PSMF anyway to lean out? usually I only see PSMF being used with people who are obese and need to drop fat fast.

April 25, 2012 @ 03:06 AM
macabre

Anyone here do muay thai or bjj? I did a little bit of boxing a couple months ago, but might try some new shit out just to learn more about fighting. No intentions of getting in the ring, mainly just to have the skills and for the workouts.

I'm also training for the GoRuck Challenge in June.
April 25, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
jaded

Anyone here do muay thai or bjj? I did a little bit of boxing a couple months ago, but might try some new shit out just to learn more about fighting. No intentions of getting in the ring, mainly just to have the skills and for the workouts.

I'm also training for the GoRuck Challenge in June.

I would like to do BJJ, but the places here want so much money it's kind of ridiculous. I understand they're trying to capitalize on MMA's popularity, and obviously people are happy to pay it, but it's hard for me to justify the expense since I wouldn't be learning it for any reason other than personal interest.

April 25, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
macabre

Yeah I think crossfit costs 60 and bjj costs 90. Something like that. There's a free trial so I'm just using that.
April 25, 2012 @ 07:36 PM
Sam

Would love to learn some MMA and BJJ.. and some boxing also, so much money though.. sad

Been lifting pretty hard, focusing on volume, been lifting hard recently, i forgot what it felt like to be sore the next morning after working out... it came back

And I think I may be a trainer soon, old workout partner became the director in a gym
April 26, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
Moises Arias

i weigh 157 pounds how many calories should i eat a day to bulk up to 175 by November?

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

April 26, 2012 @ 06:34 AM
Redline

i weigh 157 pounds how many calories should i eat a day to bulk up to 175 by November?

how the fuck should we know? what are you doing the rest of your day? how active are you? age?
April 26, 2012 @ 06:51 AM
Redline

Just finished Animal Pak and going to start Anavite tomorrow, I heard it's better for endurance? Anyone used it before? This is a nice change though from 11 vitamins to 3 haha.

it's actually 6!
i made the same jump awhile ago, can't really say I feel anything, so I guess it's working.

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/sam/' rel='nofollow'>@sam</a> did you actually eat the 4 bowls of rice for yourself?
April 26, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
shakintheD

Yeah, I would try to stick to actually whey powder mixed in water or milk (I use water myself). Those bars seem to be junk for the most part. Since you're looking to bulk up a bit, milk would probably be a better option.

How is P90x? I need something I can do at home for a while.

I recommend it, you just need to purchase a pullup bar and weights/bands

zzz.. its hard trying to keep up with a diet if your fam keeps going out to eat everyday..
April 26, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
Sam

Just finished Animal Pak and going to start Anavite tomorrow, I heard it's better for endurance? Anyone used it before? This is a nice change though from 11 vitamins to 3 haha.

it's actually 6!
i made the same jump awhile ago, can't really say I feel anything, so I guess it's working.

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/sam/' rel='nofollow'><a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/sam/' rel='nofollow'>@sam</a></a> did you actually eat the 4 bowls of rice for yourself?

lol made dinner for the fam, but i do eat alot of rice tho..
May 3, 2012 @ 05:04 PM
livestok

The Whey supplement won't bulk me up right? and what does the fish oil do? Thanks jaded

EDIT: God damn Sam give me some pointers....

u got them b, some of it may sound stupid/ broscience, what not.. but its working for me

-drink a lot of water
-chew a lot of gum
-cardio is a must
-make friends with people who have good physiques, talk to them, ask for advice.. not trying to brag but a lot of people come up and ask me stuff all the time.. i feel humbled to give them answers to what i do
-i dont keep track of all my calorie intake but i have a good guess of how much carbs, protein, fat and calories by the end of each day.. if i remember
-dont go paranoid about working out.. let it be a part of your day and carry on with other things u got to do
-before i eat i look at the nutrition facts.. food is food, this sandwich that has 5gm of fat will make you just as satisfied as that sandwich with 20gm of fat
-forget about overtraining and dieting, go to the gym and give it your all before you worry about other stuff
-have fun lifting.. i look at it as grown-up recess.. no joke

-FAT does not turn into MUSCLE, if you think you have muscle it will be there once you loose fat, look up pics of bodybuilders, some pics they could pass off as overweight people but in a few months they look amazing.. thats because they had the muscle to begin with.. then you have someone like Jared from SUBWAY..
-having a health magazine in the bathroom is a good thing, just reading random articles youre in there will help you knowledge of fitness, but there's also a lot of bs.. but you really get a better picture of things and workouts
-working out is a blessing, think it as a privilege, all the tools that will make you look better..
-dont let people in the gym hold you back from doing excercises, like deadlifting and squatting where it may feel awkward as fcuk sticking out your ass for good form
-work your ass off, like have fun in the gym but you have to DO WORK.. have a few good laughs with your gym buddies then push weight like your life depends on it
-have a short term goal in mind, too many people want to look like their ideal physique in 2 weeks etc, face reality
-set your ego aside, if you're confident outside the gym you may want to assert what dominance you think you have inside the gym.. trying to do weight you cant get good form with, needing someone to spot you for all your reps, etc.. lets just say you're wasting your time..
-experiment with slow and controlled movements vs faster and up tempo.. switch it up, train in volume..
-leave the gym feeling satisfied, i used to get all paranoid about am i overtraining? not pushing myself enough? not eating good enough?.. take it for what its worth.. you can only do everything right for so far, get over that feeling of self doubt

-i believe in IIFYM (if it fits your micros), meaning depending what your goals are you can pretty much eat anything as long they measure up to what your calorie, fats, etc needs are.. and doesn't matter when you eat
-supplements i always take are multivitamins, fish oil, and creatine.
-creatine is good for ever, no its not a steroid, no it wont make you instantly big, don't stop taking it thinking it keeps your bloated or fat.. many bodybuilders use creatine up and through their competition, it holds water in the muscle.
-try eating healthier? as in try actually cook food yourself, lately ive been making a lot of chicken and salmon
-but since i do have a fast metabolism, i get away with eating junk a lot more.. everyone if different, how your body processes foods.. are you a ecto, meso, or endo?
- a lot of this stuff is trail and error, but if it sounds like its common sense.. it probably is, but when you see ads for products that say it will burn away fat and whatnot.. you have to do work too.. I know a lot of my friends who i workout with think taking oxyelite, grenade, other thermogenics etc.. that it will make them shredded.. they're up to bottle 2 and still no improvement.. hmm i wonder why?

a sample diet i would eat right now, trying to cut right now:
breakfast: cup of oatmeal 49g carbs with blueberries, 3 large eggs, 2 cups water
lunch: some salmon i made the night before + half cup of brown rice (when I make rice and food, i make a whole bunch since im lazy as hell) + water
a hour before workout: preworkout drink
postworkout: 48gm of whey protein and simple carbs. OR somedays i will eat out right after my workout, i usually go to places where they have meals that are loaded with protein, carbs, moderate fat.. like chicken burrito from chipotle
dinner: whatever I make at home, salmon, chicken, steak, etc.. some veggies, brown rice..

here's some pics from my instagram.. notice the brown rice everywhere? smile

did a full body routine today and just messed around with weights..

yo you got a nice body/physique no homo but you have no idea what you are talking about so stop spreading your bullshit
May 3, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
livestok

T...

-chew a lot of gum

---- makes no sense whatsoever

-cardio is a must

---- cardio is not a must at all just extra if you need to burn more calories (is good for heart health etc though)

---- not true varies for everyone, again what works for you doesnt mean it will for other

---- full maybe, not satisfied dont use words you dont know the meaning of

---- absolutely retarded. overtraining is a common mistake most beginners make. as for dieting... pretty self explanatory

---- u on death row brah?

--- no its not good luck with your heart disease goals in 30 years

---- its macronutrients not micros, again pick up a dictionary before you pretend like you know what these words mean

-supplements i always take are multivitamins, fish oil, and creatine

---- can take too much of fish oil

---- lmao who thinks creatine is a steroid

May 3, 2012 @ 05:18 PM
livestok

also your english is garbage
May 3, 2012 @ 07:12 PM
Sam

smile
May 4, 2012 @ 06:50 AM
DunkPunk

bought some merrell trail gloves with that vibram sole for running and they are awesome.

UCSB.

May 5, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
macabre

Anyone do Parkour or freerun?
May 6, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
Sam

would do parkour if my acl wasnt torn
May 11, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
mumbai

in your guys opinion, im doing plyometrics for jumping, and because of that i havent really done a good cardio for a while, cause it might be too much for my legs. and now im feeling like im gaining weight, so should i just stop plyo and go do my regular gym routine? i have like 8 more weeks of the plyo. i know in the end it should be my decision but what would you guys do?
May 11, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
nickchiang001

lol hai guise
May 11, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
craigsagersuit

so kinda whole new to the game. ive been going to the gym for a year now (on and off) w/out any consistent program to follow really. just wondering do any of y'all recommend any programs/tips for someone trying to get stronger/more defined? i'm eating pretty healthy, trying to cut out junk foods, eating veggies and all that. and i make my own smoothie every night (berries,carrots)

18 years old.150 pounds. i'm like skinny fat. not sure about my BF% but it's not where I want it to be.

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

May 12, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
DarianaGrande

Based on Sam's physique, I'll take his advice.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

May 12, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
Sam

Based on Sam's physique, I'll take his advice.

Thanks bro, I mean I'm not trying to feed you guys bs, take it what it is.. just stuff I do on my own, I'm sure someone who has more experience than me will probably look at it and laugh.I dont know everything there is to lifting, been lifting for near 2 years now.. got in to it because I wasn't comfortable in my own skin and was teased alot in school.. but anyways I do my research whenever I can, but a lot of this stuff is just understanding and applying..

pics from my instragram: wong_fei_hung

May 13, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
loop

youre ripped props
May 13, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
Black Donald Trump

T...

-chew a lot of gum

---- makes no sense whatsoever

-cardio is a must

---- cardio is not a must at all just extra if you need to burn more calories (is good for heart health etc though)

---- not true varies for everyone, again what works for you doesnt mean it will for other

---- full maybe, not satisfied dont use words you dont know the meaning of

---- absolutely retarded. overtraining is a common mistake most beginners make. as for dieting... pretty self explanatory

---- u on death row brah?

--- no its not good luck with your heart disease goals in 30 years

---- its macronutrients not micros, again pick up a dictionary before you pretend like you know what these words mean

-supplements i always take are multivitamins, fish oil, and creatine

---- can take too much of fish oil

---- lmao who thinks creatine is a steroid

lol nig is butthurt cause dude is stuntin on him without knwing what hes doin. he said in the very beginning soem might sound stupid and that hes not an expert its just what works for him.
May 20, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
craigsagersuit

any tips while cutting?

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

Please login first to reply.