April 10, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
jaded

it's also important to find something someone can stick to. I have a couple plans that I've used already, I was just curious what you were doing.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 10, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
Sam

Plans? What you mean? I just lift hard each day, just focus on one part a day..

Monday: Chest
Tues: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thurs: Arms
Fri- Legs
April 10, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
jaded

Plans? What you mean? I just lift hard each day, just focus on one part a day..

Monday: Chest
Tues: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thurs: Arms
Fri- Legs

I mean that I personally have a couple routines that I do, I don't go every day though. I've done a M/T-TH/F split and a M/W/F split, and I prefer the MWF split currently.

April 11, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
JasonHe

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JasonLHe/

Been at it for two months now. Going to start bulking at the end of this month.

5 times a week, M T W T - S -

Chest/Triceps
Legs
Back/Biceps
Shoulders
Full body compounds
April 12, 2012 @ 04:55 AM
Sam

Back workout today
5 sets of Deadlifts 3-5 reps
3 sets of Bent Over Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Dumbell Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps

Some UNDFTD for yall
April 12, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
Brosef

^nice man, definitely inspirational!
April 12, 2012 @ 05:38 AM
Youth In Asia

^What age did you start working out sir? How long have you been going at it?

I'm 16 and have been committed for 9 months now. Would love to look like that when I'm early 20's.

edit: this was my 8 month progress pic from being a skinny minny 32 pound increase

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 12, 2012 @ 05:55 AM
Sam

Thanks brahs. I'm 20 btw. I started lifting back in high school? Junior year was when I 1st got a dumbbell.. it was a 15lb at walmart, I would curl that thing religiously every night and remembered getting that first feeling of a "pump" and I was like yea.. I like this. lol. As time passed I took up a lot of my time reading online articles and exercises, my 1st experience being in a gym was intimidating as hell for me. Even though it was just a school gym, watching guys bench triple times my bodyweight made me feel rather insecure and hopeless. What I learned now that I've gotten a good physique is always try to help ppl the best I can, even now when a bro comes with me to the gym I try to put it in their head that, they're here to improve themselves and not care what others think, cause in the end we're all here for the same reason..

And brah, if you're 16 by the time you hit 20 you'll be a monster. you look pretty good already, for 9months that good shit b.. I'm a sophomore now in college, but I was still relatively "scrawny" at the end of high school, I looked like I lifted but did not look anything close to what I am now..
April 12, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
Youth In Asia

Very very inspiring, I'm the same way with sudden interest in all kinds of exercises. I know health and preventing injury at a young age is priority so as much as I want to be in the gym lifting heavy and taking my multi after school I still have another three weeks out of the gym for my sternum to heal and on top of that I got cat scanned for a potential tumor today sad its only been 6 days I've missed out on and I miss the pump already. Words of wisdom much appreciated.

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 12, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
Sam

Damn bro. sad I wish you a speedy recovery, just take it slow.. just assure yourself that this is a much needed break and hit the weights harder than ever when you return.

When i was younger I was always the small and skinny kid that got picked last in gym, the underdog, a kid who just wanted to fit in.. being chinese did not help in a white dominant surrounding, I was bullied, not a lot, but enough to motivate me. I did not carry much confidence with me, I would say fitness is a big part of my overall development as I grew older.. it really does make you appreciate a lot of things in life, I would say it has made me a better and calmer person.. it really is a good stress reliever, punishing yourself but knowing you will benefit from it. I grew from a shy and skinny kid with self-esteem issues to someone who knows what he wants and will set out to get it. Not to mention the attention i get from girls now and the fact most people think I'm cocky or arrogant when they 1st meet me.. I'm constantly on HB and subscribed to this thread, if anyone ever needs advice Ill try my best to help..
April 12, 2012 @ 12:23 PM
Enryu

suspended

Very very inspiring, I'm the same way with sudden interest in all kinds of exercises. I know health and preventing injury at a young age is priority so as much as I want to be in the gym lifting heavy and taking my multi after school I still have another three weeks out of the gym for my sternum to heal and on top of that I got cat scanned for a potential tumor today sad its only been 6 days I've missed out on and I miss the pump already. Words of wisdom much appreciated.

Good progression, keep ya head up brah.

Damn bro. sad I wish you a speedy recovery, just take it slow.. just assure yourself that this is a much needed break and hit the weights harder than ever when you return.

When i was younger I was always the small and skinny kid that got picked last in gym, the underdog, a kid who just wanted to fit in.. being chinese did not help in a white dominant surrounding, I was bullied, not a lot, but enough to motivate me. I did not carry much confidence with me, I would say fitness is a big part of my overall development as I grew older.. it really does make you appreciate a lot of things in life, I would say it has made me a better and calmer person.. it really is a good stress reliever, punishing yourself but knowing you will benefit from it. I grew from a shy and skinny kid with self-esteem issues to someone who knows what he wants and will set out to get it. Not to mention the attention i get from girls now and the fact most people think I'm cocky or arrogant when they 1st meet me.. I'm constantly on HB and subscribed to this thread, if anyone ever needs advice Ill try my best to help..

Thx I need that positive energy. I see you b.
April 14, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
JStorm803

Motivation yall, I got on a diet and lost about 20 pounds, the reason I did it was because...well I don't want to be a diabetic honestly. But anyway, what's the best way to bulk up, I mean I do push ups, sit ups, crunches and Russian twists here at home, but I need to gain some more muscle.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

April 14, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
jaded

Motivation yall, I got on a diet and lost about 20 pounds, the reason I did it was because...well I don't want to be a diabetic honestly. But anyway, what's the best way to bulk up, I mean I do push ups, sit ups, crunches and Russian twists here at home, but I need to gain some more muscle.

Do you have access to weights? bodyweight exercises like you're doing are good, and they're definitely better than doing nothing at all, but if you really want to start putting on some muscle you'll need a weight training routine. Let us know what you have access to and I'm sure someone here can put together a plan for you or at least point you in the right direction.

Congrats on the weight loss, it isn't easy.

April 15, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
JStorm803

Yeah I just got access to some weights, I just need to know what to do. I've been lifting with the smaller weights [25 pds about 10-15 times on each arm] and doing some squats thats about it.

April 15, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
jaded

Yeah I just got access to some weights, I just need to know what to do. I've been lifting with the smaller weights [25 pds about 10-15 times on each arm] and doing some squats thats about it.

What are your goals? If you want to have a strength focus you could follow a linear progression like Starting Strength, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, Madcow 5x5, etc.

If you want more of a hypertrophy focus (higher rep sets), someone else might have to help you out, because I'm not that familiar with those kind of programs. I think Sam might be, maybe he can chime in.

April 15, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
JStorm803

Yeah that's the thing I really don't have any specific goals I just want to get toned up.

April 15, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
Vulf

Yeah that's the thing I really don't have any specific goals I just want to get toned up.

I hate the word toned LOL

Anyway, if you want more definition, you just have to lose body fat. Doing 20+ reps on exercises is a bullshit myth and doesn't do it.

F/S: Nothing, I buy shit I like.

April 15, 2012 @ 03:26 PM
Vulf

You need to keep adding resistance if you want to add muscle. You could add resistance to those exercises, but the easiest way is weight training.

Also add squats FFS!

F/S: Nothing, I buy shit I like.

April 15, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
JStorm803

Lol mos def, preciate the help yall.

April 17, 2012 @ 08:26 AM
Sam

What are your goals? If you want to have a strength focus you could follow a linear progression like Starting Strength, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, Madcow 5x5, etc.

If you want more of a hypertrophy focus (higher rep sets), someone else might have to help you out, because I'm not that familiar with those kind of programs. I think Sam might be, maybe he can chime in.

I'm not gonna lie to you b, I just do whatever.. tbh when I first started lifting I was clueless, I would say I'm still clueless now but in a good way.. I do weights I can and just push myself, if it makes sense by doing this exercise after that one.. I will do it. For example, I look at other peoples routines and I follow them then I add something to it if I feel like I can still workout.. Also I think there's a fine line between working out hard and overexerting your body, I think after a good hour of hard intensity working out, you should be out and about your day.. some people who I always see at the gym tell me they are there each day for at least 3 hours and they're not hardcore lifters, they look like average joes! I think when you 1st start lifting you should just experiment with routines, everyone adapts differently.. but it's pretty much known to build muscle mass + strength, it's 5-8, 8-10.. and strength is 3-5... I really don't even keep track nowadays, as long as I see improvement..

I'm trying to go on an extreme cut right now to see what I look like.. been lifting for a year and a half now and never really cut down to the core.. looking at pictures I always look bloated, because I've always been on an extreme bulk, eat whatever plan, semi-cut.. etc, but gonna try this and see how it goes, bruce lee mode here I come, (i used to hate when I heard I want to look like bruce lee from ppl, mostly because I knew that they wanted to look ripped and have good muscle definition, but it seemed like a small minded goal.. which I didn't mind, but hate when lazy people try to downplay him.. he did a lot more than you think to achieve that state he was in)

don't be afraid to loose muscle, muscle memory is true, it's a lot easier to gain back muscle and strength than you think.
my goal is one day come close to this guy.. frickin monster, he's like 40 btw.. http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/timberwolf/
April 19, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
DarianaGrande

Does anyone have any meal plans that have been working out good for them? My workout routine has been working out great but I really need to change my diet. What meals should I be eating and how often? I would prefer a meal plan that would lay out the exact food i should be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Thanks in advance.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

April 19, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
jaded

Does anyone have any meal plans that have been working out good for them? My workout routine has been working out great but I really need to change my diet. What meals should I be eating and how often? I would prefer a meal plan that would lay out the exact food i should be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Thanks in advance.

are you trying to bulk up or slim down?

April 19, 2012 @ 11:10 PM
DarianaGrande

I'm trying to become more lean. And i see all the debates on vitamins and supplements and wither or not if they work. If you know of any that do I'd like some suggestions on those too.

April 19, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
DunkPunk

starting the wendler program today. ive been stuck at 235 -_-

UCSB.

April 20, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
Max S v2

I need a good diet...I'm 17 and a soccer player and I've been going to a trainer for soccer specifically for the last year and I think it's time to start eating right. I just want to add a few pounds for next season but still want to stay lean. Does anyone have any good sites/forums to help me or can anyone here help?
April 20, 2012 @ 12:16 AM
thrillmatic

I'm trying to become more lean. And i see all the debates on vitamins and supplements and wither or not if they work. If you know of any that do I'd like some suggestions on those too.

I need a good diet...I'm 17 and a soccer player and I've been going to a trainer for soccer specifically for the last year and I think it's time to start eating right. I just want to add a few pounds for next season but still want to stay lean. Does anyone have any good sites/forums to help me or can anyone here help?

Hit me up for workout routines and especially for diets.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 20, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
jaded

I use Whey for supplemental protein, Creatine (I didn't notice any difference between the months I used Creatine and the months I didn't), I take fish oil from Costco and a multivitamin from Costco. Other than that it's all whole food, fruits, and vegetables. I don't dump a bunch of money into every product Muscle Pharm puts out or anything like that.

As for leaning out, Sam seems to know what he's doing, so maybe he can help you out. When I had to drop weight, I did a carb cycling diet where my workout days had carbs and my off days had very little. There's plenty of information on those available online. Bodybulding.com has a very active nutrition forum, but I would be very careful about who you listen to on there. There's probably less than 5 people that actually know what they're talking about.

April 20, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
DarianaGrande

The Whey supplement won't bulk me up right? and what does the fish oil do? Thanks jaded

EDIT: God damn Sam give me some pointers....

April 20, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
Youth In Asia

Diagnosed with an osteochondroma no lifting until surgery that I was told is extremely painful, then probably out for another month after that. This is killing me. Was hoping to hit my goal weight at my one year mark but this messes up everything.

Stay healthy brethren keep lifting heavy and taking your multi

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 20, 2012 @ 05:38 AM
MF CHEUNG

Just finished Animal Pak and going to start Anavite tomorrow, I heard it's better for endurance? Anyone used it before? This is a nice change though from 11 vitamins to 3 haha.

Please login first to reply.