[OFFICIAL] Fitness, Nutrition, and Supplement Discussion Thread

March 19, 2012 @ 17:08:36
Originally posted by Inactive User
fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you’ll need for a while if you’re a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do those individually do for you? specifically the fish oil..how does that help you?
March 19, 2012 @ 17:14:33
wattup hb, i just started getting back in the gym and i'm looking for some tips as far as supplements. I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs just looking to increase my strength and stamina. Not really looking to bulk up much but more so just tighten up my body and gain some lean muscle. I usually avoid supplements but are there any recommendations out there that can help boost my energy or help me achieve the best results from my workouts without risking my long term health? i've heard all types of stories or how these supplements can fuck you up and i'm just looking for some insight from anyone that really knows about this stuff...thanks in advance.

fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you'll need for a while if you're a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do these do for you? specifically the fish oil..
March 19, 2012 @ 18:33:15
Originally posted by Inactive User
fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you’ll need for a while if you’re a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do those individually do for you? specifically the fish oil..how does that help you?

Whey - Protein supplement. Recommended after post workout to fill your muscle tears with proteins while your body is in an anabolic state in order to build muscle. It's also to add on to your daily protein requirement to avoid loss of gains.

Fish oil - joint/heart health

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7637481&page=1

Multi - i mean, vitamins are vitamins. I use Opti-Men by ON, it gives you mad energy, and an excess of other vitamins and minerals that make your pee neon yellow. It's supposed to help your body recover, and well as produce more testosterone from zinc.

Creatine monohydrate - increases body's water retention and gives you an extra push for long workouts. It will make you look a lot bigger, and push a lot more weight.

stay pau

March 19, 2012 @ 18:47:17

Inactive User

I know guys that guzzle sups with no results.
Focus on getting your programme & nutrition perfect.
March 19, 2012 @ 19:16:15
opinions on doing jump rope 2x a day? too much? like one when i wake up, then one in the evening?, im about to do 30 mins each, currently doing once a night everyday
March 19, 2012 @ 19:37:53

Inactive User

^^ Jump rope is a great exercise, hope your not just jumping at the same pace for 30 mins (TBH 30 mins is too long)
If your lookin for cardio do HIIT (High intensity interval training) for great results. How i got killa abz!

Bout to start PHAT for summer.
March 19, 2012 @ 22:58:38

agreed

stay pau

March 19, 2012 @ 23:45:36
^^ Jump rope is a great exercise, hope your not just jumping at the same pace for 30 mins (TBH 30 mins is too long)
If your lookin for cardio do HIIT (High intensity interval training) for great results. How i got killa abz!

Bout to start PHAT for summer.

i cant do same pace for 30 mins, i mess up after 10 jumps, so i dont really have a pace aha, well i average 500-600 jumps for an exercise, which is like 15 mins

i hate doing HIIT on those old treadmills, they switch from speed 2 to 8 very slow, stairmasters too dumb on the 24 that i go to, elliptical kills my legs instantly, like less than a rep on the elliptical, so i just chose to jump rope so i can do it at home or like when theres enough space
March 21, 2012 @ 16:17:01
Is Subway good to eat after a workout?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

March 30, 2012 @ 21:57:05
^no.
March 31, 2012 @ 03:44:19
yes just don't load up on dem condiments and cheese
April 02, 2012 @ 04:23:47
i know people get stretch marks for gaining weight too fast, but is it also true vice versa?
April 02, 2012 @ 17:00:10
if you lose weight fast you get saggy/stretched skin

if you super overweight you will most likely need surgery to fix the excess skin since its elasticity has been stretched so much
April 02, 2012 @ 19:01:45
jaded

It's not ideal. I thought doing it too because there's a subway in the same parking lot as my gym, but I looked over the nutrition info on the sandwiches and decided against it.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 02, 2012 @ 19:03:32
jaded

My friend's younger brother still thinks supplements are a shortcut for hard work. His bedroom looks like Vitamin Shoppe and he looks exactly the same.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 03, 2012 @ 22:47:07
IMO all you need as far a "essential" supplements are whey, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, & a multi vitamin. Next is stuff like preworkout, casein, amino acids, etc..

Also I wanted to say if you are craving a food go and eat it if you think you deserve it, I tell people all the time to really just eat what you want, because YOLO.. lol, but really. Just train hard.. TRUTH.
April 04, 2012 @ 01:30:09
I need some non weight exercises for the forearm and bicep/tricep other than pushups and pullups. As many as you guys can list.

?

April 04, 2012 @ 03:41:14
gonna get shredded soon boys.. i want abs that can grate cheese..
April 04, 2012 @ 06:25:27
gonna get shredded soon boys.. i want abs that can grate cheese..

I feeeel it

stay pau

April 04, 2012 @ 06:31:40
Started bulking this week. I don't want to lose my abs smh I hope they look twice as good after cutting

yeah

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 04, 2012 @ 23:56:19
Nevermind, out at least a month for a sprained rib. Who even sprains their rib. Time to run

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 05, 2012 @ 08:18:17
Lol who the fcuk gets a sprain rib? really though, but really if you want to get YOKED, forget cardio and just eat and lift.. unless you're overweight to begin with then I suggest cutting down first..
April 06, 2012 @ 00:55:36

Yes it can be. Simple carbs from the white bread roll, throw in shit loads of chicken and you'll be fine.
April 06, 2012 @ 04:08:01
Lol who the fcuk gets a sprain rib? really though, but really if you want to get YOKED, forget cardio and just eat and lift.. unless you're overweight to begin with then I suggest cutting down first..

Lol wouldn't be bulking if I was overweight. Trying to figure out how/what to lift without putting pressure on my chest. Doc was mirin' and knew I wasn't losing my gains

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 06, 2012 @ 07:07:55
Which food eat during diet?
April 06, 2012 @ 23:07:42
Eat clean, as in complex carbs (oats, yams, brown rice) and real food.. I'm cutting right now.. pic below! but yea meats like chicken, fish.. its amazing how easy this stuff is, a lot of people think that to be on a diet or be on a cut, you have to eat bland foods.. I made some amazon salmon and chicken the previous nights..

oh ya, follow me on tumblr tho for real.. kingmuscle.tumblr.com

April 07, 2012 @ 05:23:31
can you give us an example of your daily meals?
April 09, 2012 @ 06:15:19
can you give us an example of your daily meals?

Example of daily meals
April 09, 2012 @ 18:02:03
I learned a lot from body building forums and the site itself, I try and eat 4-6 meals a day. I don't really count calories or weigh my food out I just use the size of my palms to measure my food. Most my meals (that are food) consist of lean cuts of beef, chicken, fish, and complex carbs and before I sleep I take a two scoop casein protein shake. Other supplements I take are BCAA in powder form (xtend), whey protein (ON), L-carnitine, yohimbe, green tea pills, fish oil, glutamine, and creatine. I work out 2 days on 1 day off then 3 days on 2 days off I do 25 minutes of cardio before and after my work out and a half hour of intense cardio on my off days.
April 09, 2012 @ 18:09:43
I learned a lot from body building forums and the site itself, I try and eat 4-6 meals a day. I don't really count calories or weigh my food out I just use the size of my palms to measure my food. Most my meals (that are food) consist of lean cuts of beef, chicken, fish, and complex carbs and before I sleep I take a two scoop casein protein shake. Other supplements I take are BCAA in powder form (xtend), whey protein (ON), L-carnitine, yohimbe, green tea pills, fish oil, glutamine, and creatine. I work out 2 days on 1 day off then 3 days on 2 days off I do 25 minutes of cardio before and after my work out and a half hour of intense cardio on my off days.

Are u trying to gain weigth? I heard somewhere that too much cardio wasn't good because u burning calorie.
Please login first to reply.
x