Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 20, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
jaded

those are those kipping pull-ups they do, which is another exercise I don't see the point in since it basically defeats the purpose of a pull-up by using momentum to complete reps.

Exactly why you're expected to do more reps in a faster amount of time. Plus, if I was holding on to something like that IRL trying to get up I would use momentum and not try to do a normal pull-up.

I still don't buy into Crossfit and the insane pricing, but people (not sayin' you specifically) seem to hate on it just because it has gained popularity within the last few years. Just like every other form of fitness there are going to be idiots e.g. personal trainers. Most people don't even know what Crossfit is before they start hating. Anyway, for the money I'd rather join a bouldering gym or something cool. $150/month is ridic for Crossfit, but hey some people need that motivation/direction like a personal trainer.

People don't dislike it just because it's popular. There are some great articles online from some really well known olympic/powerlifting coaches that point out what's wrong with it, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that people pay to get certified as a CrossFit "coach" just to capitalize on the popularity and open a CrossFit gym, but in reality they have no business coaching people and have no real experience doing so. Personally, I think what they have these untrained people do is dangerous, and that Revival Strongman video is a perfect example.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 21, 2012 @ 06:47 AM
DlAMOND

TL;DR :
-
VOTE Below for - Christopher Pham : :

1. LIKE this page: http://apps.facebook.com/promotionexe/vote.php?id=47
(If you don't, your votes will not count!)

2. VOTE (Christopher Pham)
Go to: http://apps.facebook.com/promotionexe/vote.php?id=47)

(YOU CAN VOTE ONCE PER FACEBOOK TILL THE 28TH, PLEASE DO SO!)
-
Don't forget to Share this on your FB wall, THANKS!
-

This above website is doing a cash/gift certificate give away.
Last year I lost 130 lbs of primarily fat and need that cash/gift certificate to get some new clothes as I have been wearing nothing but gym stuff/sweats.

BENCH : 190
DL : 315
SQUAT : 225

*before serious lifting and dieting I had injured and dislocate both knees a few times in football.
*quit football as soon as my left knee had fractured from a dislocation and my mindset sort of went downhill from there.

CLIFFED STORY:
-Was always chubby entire life
-Injured knee in football early years of high-school
-Furthered my weight gain by not doing physical activities and ate like a pig
-Approximately 9 months ago fed up with my bulls*** lifestyle and bought a 2 year gym membership for cheap
-Started cutting calories and eating obvious healthy foods
-Few months after of losing steadily but got addicted to losing more started the Ketogenic Diet (water weight loss was drastic and sort of got me motivated even further)
-Did tons of cardio at the beginning and extremely novice lifting
-Started serious lifting few months ago with one of my friends
-Stopped doing much cardio and focused on lifting
-Can now Deadlift 3 plate max which I think is okay for being on a cut
-Still have more weight to lose before I go back on maintenance or maybe a bulk.

Best Regards, Chris

p.s. I will be posting up my lifting routine and diet for anyone interested after this contest.
January 22, 2012 @ 04:33 PM
unknown force

nice progress breh
January 22, 2012 @ 11:36 PM
DlAMOND

Thanks breh.
January 23, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
DREWKKAKE

just copped some animal rage pre workout. going to really buckle down this semester

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

January 23, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
fatbro

Crossfit LOL

This is exactly why I don't like CrossFit. What a huge disservice to those people paying for that kind of training. If someone would actually take the time to teach them a proper clean and jerk they would get so much more out of it.

edit: lmao, didn't notice this was from like 3 weeks ago

they're doing an axle clean and press, which requires way different form from a standard c&j. granted they're probably too weak to even justify doing these, but yeah, it's not a normal c&j

January 23, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
Doobie

gonna start working out again soon and made a work out routine. feel free to criticize it
Monday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
3x5 Pull ups (Palms away)
3x5 Barbell curls
3x10 Dips

Wednesday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift
5x3 Power Cleans
3x5 Bent over rows

Friday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
3x5 Barbell curls
3x5 Overhead press
Ab work

also copped some ON whey and multivitamins :D

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

January 26, 2012 @ 08:09 AM
Sam

ehh waddup hypebeast lifters.. hows lifting?

picked up yok3d today and trying out a new creatine.. CE2.. let the progress continue!

also joined a new gym.. opposed to the ymca i feel like if I want to push myself harder i need to be in a "real" gym lol
January 30, 2012 @ 09:36 AM
Brolictaps2000

just copped some animal rage pre workout. going to really buckle down this semester

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!?!

gonna start working out again soon and made a work out routine. feel free to criticize it
Monday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
Barbell curls 3x5

Wednesday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift
5x3 Power Cleans

Friday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
Barbell curls 3x5
Ab work

lolwut worst workout ive ever seen where's your tri-cep, shoulder, forearm and calve workouts at b. Taking protons and other supplements aren't going to get you huge. You're better off eating real food n lifting hard nomsaiyan?

INB4 they're compound lifts
January 30, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
YoungDizzal

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!?!

Monday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
Barbell curls 3x5

Wednesday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift
5x3 Power Cleans

Friday:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
Barbell curls 3x5
Ab work

lolwut worst workout ive ever seen where's your tri-cep, shoulder, forearm and calve workouts at b. Taking protons and other supplements aren't going to get you huge. You're better off eating real food n lifting hard nomsaiyan?

INB4 they're compound lifts

This is a decent workout routine. LULZ. Problem: Replace a bench day with barbell rows and overhead presses.
February 1, 2012 @ 08:37 AM
Sam

Have this pic from a few months back I found on my phone.. I swear the mirror and camera makes me look smaller than what I really am.. and my arms look truly disproportionate here from the pump. but I've been lifting so much harder these last couple of months, ..been focusing more on my lacking back than anything else. lets start a HB fitness crew, yall in?

I just made a tumblr account too, never had any sort of social media but I had a gigantic collection of quality material saved. consisting of mostly fitness things, motivational quotes, fit girls.. etc, follow at www.kiddmuscle.tumblr.com
February 1, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
Ecstasy

^aw shyit o.o

upvote me so i can look cool on the internet

February 1, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
W33ZY

Why are you guy's banging on crossfit? Shit isn't meant to be strongest man competition. It's more about mobility and endurance mixed with strength. Most of the workouts are timed so that's why yo have people kipping pull ups and other things. Yah it takes a little away from the purpose of a pull up by kipping but not much. Most of you guys are building mass by doing less reps and more weight and y'all looking like dudes who can't turn their neck or some shit. Crossfit mixes all of the necessary movements and strength together to fully utilize the body.
February 2, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
Dat1Dude562

Is this legit? thanks in advance
http://www.blastyourbiceps.org/

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

February 2, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
Doobie

take a peek at dey form doe

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

February 2, 2012 @ 10:34 AM
Sam

Why are you guy's banging on crossfit? Shit isn't meant to be strongest man competition. It's more about mobility and endurance mixed with strength. Most of the workouts are timed so that's why yo have people kipping pull ups and other things. Yah it takes a little away from the purpose of a pull up by kipping but not much. Most of you guys are building mass by doing less reps and more weight and y'all looking like dudes who can't turn their neck or some shit. Crossfit mixes all of the necessary movements and strength together to fully utilize the body.

No hate on crossfit at all, I actually like crossfit.. it seems like it's becoming more mainstream by the minute.. you actually see people putting in work and look beast... it's just the other side of it that makes people say its the girls.. Imo there's a legit crossfit training > and just wearing bright colors and doing half-ass goofy sh*t.. that's what makes crossfit looks bad.. the people you see on the crossfit games are very entertaining..
^aw shyit o.o

thanks brah. It's gonna be one fine masterpiece one day
February 2, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
W33ZY

^ Word. I've been doing crossfit for over 2 years now and I love it. I like how it mixes endurance with strength so you're actually in shape all around and not just huge weights and low reps. It's spawned a whole new outlook on exercise. Like the girls and the older people who get into it because its becoming more popular. And yah i see some trainers teaching stuff and it's all wrong or like what are they doing? but The good ones will help you improve drastically on your movements and strength. It has also came about new ways to do stuff like kipping and all that and how to string exercises together. It's great!
February 2, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
jaded

No hate on crossfit at all, I actually like crossfit.. it seems like it's becoming more mainstream by the minute.. you actually see people putting in work and look beast... it's just the other side of it that makes people say its the girls.. Imo there's a legit crossfit training > and just wearing bright colors and doing half-ass goofy sh*t.. that's what makes crossfit looks bad.. the people you see on the crossfit games are very entertaining..
^aw shyit o.o

thanks brah. It's gonna be one fine masterpiece one day

Sam said it exactly right. There are legit CrossFit gyms out there with great coaches that are really helping people become more athletic, but there are also a lot of shit gyms out there that aren't helping people at all. If I remember right, a lot of the big names in the industry left CrossFit because they felt it was becoming more of a for profit thing where they were having these huge seminars to certify "coaches" over the course of a weekend instead of really focusing on their brand and making sure that their affiliates were top notch. That lead to CrossFit having either a really good reputation or a really bad reputation depending on the gym you went to.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 5, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
W33ZY

The thing i'll say that i don't like about crossfit is how people who wouldnt normally work out start to get into it and they start buying all the gear and once they get decent or go to a bunch of classes they'll start talking the lingo and calling people noobs and shit like that. Pretty annoying.. Do it just to do it
March 2, 2012 @ 01:30 PM
orucker

Yo I just got running shorts with the support in em as a gift. I used to only wear compression shorts under soccer shorts to run. How do I get my dick to stop flopping everywhere? Is it cool to wear something under these shorts?
March 11, 2012 @ 09:50 AM

Inactive

This gets me so fuckin pumped!!
March 14, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
RA*SAN

wattup hb, i just started getting back in the gym and i'm looking for some tips as far as supplements. I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs just looking to increase my strength and stamina. Not really looking to bulk up much but more so just tighten up my body and gain some lean muscle. I usually avoid supplements but are there any recommendations out there that can help boost my energy or help me achieve the best results from my workouts without risking my long term health? i've heard all types of stories or how these supplements can fuck you up and i'm just looking for some insight from anyone that really knows about this stuff...thanks in advance.
March 17, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
selllyu

crossfit workouts are nice, if you push yourself they are quick an easy. Definitely trains other categories other than strength.
March 18, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
fatbro

wattup hb, i just started getting back in the gym and i'm looking for some tips as far as supplements. I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs just looking to increase my strength and stamina. Not really looking to bulk up much but more so just tighten up my body and gain some lean muscle. I usually avoid supplements but are there any recommendations out there that can help boost my energy or help me achieve the best results from my workouts without risking my long term health? i've heard all types of stories or how these supplements can fuck you up and i'm just looking for some insight from anyone that really knows about this stuff...thanks in advance.

fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you'll need for a while if you're a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.
March 19, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
RA*SAN

fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you’ll need for a while if you’re a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do those individually do for you? specifically the fish oil..how does that help you?
March 19, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
RA*SAN

fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you'll need for a while if you're a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do these do for you? specifically the fish oil..
March 19, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
Lukulele

fish oil
whey
multivitamin

all you’ll need for a while if you’re a beginner. maybe throw in some creatine.

what do those individually do for you? specifically the fish oil..how does that help you?

Whey - Protein supplement. Recommended after post workout to fill your muscle tears with proteins while your body is in an anabolic state in order to build muscle. It's also to add on to your daily protein requirement to avoid loss of gains.

Fish oil - joint/heart health

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7637481&page=1

Multi - i mean, vitamins are vitamins. I use Opti-Men by ON, it gives you mad energy, and an excess of other vitamins and minerals that make your pee neon yellow. It's supposed to help your body recover, and well as produce more testosterone from zinc.

Creatine monohydrate - increases body's water retention and gives you an extra push for long workouts. It will make you look a lot bigger, and push a lot more weight.

stay pau

March 19, 2012 @ 06:47 PM

Inactive

I know guys that guzzle sups with no results.
Focus on getting your programme & nutrition perfect.
March 19, 2012 @ 07:16 PM
mumbai

opinions on doing jump rope 2x a day? too much? like one when i wake up, then one in the evening?, im about to do 30 mins each, currently doing once a night everyday
March 19, 2012 @ 07:37 PM

Inactive

^^ Jump rope is a great exercise, hope your not just jumping at the same pace for 30 mins (TBH 30 mins is too long)
If your lookin for cardio do HIIT (High intensity interval training) for great results. How i got killa abz!

Bout to start PHAT for summer.

Please login first to reply.