Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 13, 2011 @ 09:38 AM
livestok.

iirc, there have actually been studies that show people on roids who don't lift and just bum around all day actually make similar mass gains to those on roids who lift daily

not gonna bother finding it, just food for thought

Lol another one of this geniuses quotes

you are following a myth.

hahahahahahha this guy

September 13, 2011 @ 12:04 PM
livestok.

Offically starting a Keto diet today, 60/35/5 split. Reading about this and the whole process is a real eye-opener and interesting
September 13, 2011 @ 01:35 PM
curtis50cent

10lb of whey from smartpowders
September 13, 2011 @ 02:28 PM
fatbro

they target different areas of the muscle the bicep or the quadricep etc all have different areas or parts. Like the Quad has the adductor longus biceps femorus (dont quote me on this I forgot the exact terms) from a total of 4 parts. Take chest for an example you can do decline/incline/flat bench dips for shelf, chest flys for the inner chest etc.

" yes, muscles are adaptive, but as long as you constantly have both of the above, you should never plateau"

This is pretty fucking dumb you don't know what you're talking about you just like to make up your own "science"

"and for your biceps example; IF you are talking about that "pump" you feel afterwards; a pump is only a rush of blood into your working muscles. it's just that, it doesn't mean you had a "great" workout. and i'm genuinely curious because i don't do curls; how would switching help? i assume they both just target the biceps"

If you get a pump atleast you know your muscle is getting worked

" i'm genuinely curious because i don't do curls; how would switching help?"

How would switching help??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I doubt you even lift (properly) at all

enjoy your pizza rolls you fat fuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strength_training#Progressive_overload
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_overload

"In one common method, weight training uses the principle of progressive overload, in which the muscles are overloaded by attempting to lift at least as much weight as they are capable of. They respond by growing larger and stronger.[10] This procedure is repeated with progressively heavier weights as the practitioner gains strength and endurance."

"Periodization in the context of fitness or strength training programs is the scheduling of provisions for adequate recovery time between training sessions"

lol??? in before "LOLOL IT'S WIKIPEDIA". have you read ANY text on sport science or weight training? mel siff's "supertraining" (arguably the most respected text on sports science ever written, give it a read sometime)? or even rippetoe's "starting strength"? these 2 concepts are like the entire foundation behind any successful exercise program. or do you only read those articles on bodybuilding.com? simple question, if progressive overload and recovery don't build muscles, what does then?

"if you get a pump atleast you know your muscle is getting worked" - so again, are you saying a pump means you had a good workout? an increase in blood plasma to the working muscle is "good"? it's just that, increased blood. please find a scientific article that proves otherwise.

i honestly thought you were pretty knowledgeable about lifting up until now. damn, if you wanna get personal we can. aren't you like 145 lbs? it's cool, i used to weight similar years ago when i was a twig. but unless you're less than 5'7, it's hilarious how you always ask people if they lift now, when you probably weigh the same as most female volleyball players at my school.

and 5'8, 315 lbs aint fat bruh, i'm just big boned cool
September 13, 2011 @ 02:58 PM
Scotty

Not even going to go back and forth, cause there is trainers and bodybuilders who swear by having different phases in their routines to get u better results.. They have doctorates, masters and other degrees in all sorts of different areas, so ill take their word on it.. Also fatbro your wikiepedia explained what i was saying, throw on some bigger weights, change your sets and reps, there u go, your muscles will go into shock and might have just broken your plateau..

Also i hope u are joking when u say u 5' 8" 315 pounds... Even being big boned wouldnt put u at that weight, thats just being fat! Reason i hope u are kidding cause then i would say how are u even trying to suggest anything..

Also one thing i will agree on is the the pump..
September 13, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
Brolictaps2000

Offically starting a Keto diet today, 60/35/5 split. Reading about this and the whole process is a real eye-opener and interesting

Welcome to the club brah. Also, fatbro is trolling guyzzz.
September 13, 2011 @ 04:06 PM
fatbro

Not even going to go back and forth, cause there is trainers and bodybuilders who swear by having different phases in their routines to get u better results.. They have doctorates, masters and other degrees in all sorts of different areas, so ill take their word on it.. Also fatbro your wikiepedia explained what i was saying, throw on some bigger weights, change your sets and reps, there u go, your muscles will go into shock and might have just broken your plateau..

Also i hope u are joking when u say u 5' 8" 315 pounds... Even being big boned wouldnt put u at that weight, thats just being fat! Reason i hope u are kidding cause then i would say how are u even trying to suggest anything..

Also one thing i will agree on is the the pump..

yes, we agreed on changing the volume/intensity of exercises, but not necessarily constantly changing exercises to prevent "getting too used to it".
September 13, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
livestok.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strength_training#Progressive_overload
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_overload

"In one common method, weight training uses the principle of progressive overload, in which the muscles are overloaded by attempting to lift at least as much weight as they are capable of. They respond by growing larger and stronger.[10] This procedure is repeated with progressively heavier weights as the practitioner gains strength and endurance."

"Periodization in the context of fitness or strength training programs is the scheduling of provisions for adequate recovery time between training sessions"

lol??? in before "LOLOL IT'S WIKIPEDIA". have you read ANY text on sport science or weight training? mel siff's "supertraining" (arguably the most respected text on sports science ever written, give it a read sometime)? or even rippetoe's "starting strength"? these 2 concepts are like the entire foundation behind any successful exercise program. or do you only read those articles on bodybuilding.com? simple question, if progressive overload and recovery don't build muscles, what does then?

"if you get a pump atleast you know your muscle is getting worked" - so again, are you saying a pump means you had a good workout? an increase in blood plasma to the working muscle is "good"? it's just that, increased blood. please find a scientific article that proves otherwise.

i honestly thought you were pretty knowledgeable about lifting up until now. damn, if you wanna get personal we can. aren't you like 145 lbs? it's cool, i used to weight similar years ago when i was a twig. but unless you're less than 5'7, it's hilarious how you always ask people if they lift now, when you probably weigh the same as most female volleyball players at my school.

and 5'8, 315 lbs aint fat bruh, i'm just big boned cool

Well you obviously haven't

im 6'0 168 last time i checked

315 lbs, do you even lift? Wait, no, do you even leave your bed?
September 13, 2011 @ 05:46 PM
livestok.

Welcome to the club brah. Also, fatbro is trolling guyzzz.

Thanks brah, Im actually really excited. gonna hit the gym at 9am tmrw with nothing in my stomach cool
September 17, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
IrvinAmbil

Do any of you guys take casin?? What brand would you guys recommend?
September 18, 2011 @ 01:09 AM
jaded

optimum nutrition is good quality for protein

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 18, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
jaded

That's not a good idea, you'll realize it once you start doing it.

September 19, 2011 @ 01:15 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

Lol jaded its a perfectly fine idea, I swear society has been brainwashed into thinking u need all these carbs and that eating fat will make u fat. Btw I have started and am feeling good so far. Metallic taste in my saliva piss has a fruity scent. -livestok . Fuk lefty u bitch ass niggr

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

September 19, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
jaded

Lol jaded its a perfectly fine idea, I swear society has been brainwashed into thinking u need all these carbs and that eating fat will make u fat. Btw I have started and am feeling good so far. Metallic taste in my saliva piss has a fruity scent. -livestok . Fuk lefty u bitch ass niggr

Ok

September 19, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
Scotty

ON Casein best on the market!

Just finished my second week of the MP contest.. Starting to see good results in these first 2 weeks on this new routine and new meal!
September 19, 2011 @ 06:08 PM
Youngfresh6def

im trying to find a specific routine on bb.com but i cant manage to find peoples 3 day splits and what specific exercises they do to hit each muscle group. can someone help/tell me what they do?
September 19, 2011 @ 06:12 PM
Scotty

^ Not a fan of 3 day splits cause its almost like people are just trying to slack(not saying you) just saying in general.. Unless u lifting HEAVY or cause they are super busy thats when to do a 3 day.. But here is what a 3 day looks like:

Monday: Push
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Pull
Thursday: off
Friday: legs
Weekend off

Push day is Chest, shoulders, tris
Pull day is Back and Biceps
Leg day is a leg day
September 21, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
slap

Recommend me shoes for running and lifting weights
I'm back in college now. There's girls to impress, so I need to hit the gym.
Is there an all around pair of shoes (sub $100) that's suitable for both running and lifting weights? I plan to do light running ~20 minutes, and about 1 hour of lifting each session.

If it's better to get shoes dedicated to to each task, which shoes would you recommend? With a sub total of $100.

Thank you very much!

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

September 21, 2011 @ 11:53 PM
Pieces

^Nike Free Run
September 22, 2011 @ 03:56 AM
fatbro

I'm back in college now. There's girls to impress, so I need to hit the gym.
Is there an all around pair of shoes (sub $100) that's suitable for both running and lifting weights? I plan to do light running ~20 minutes, and about 1 hour of lifting each session.

If it's better to get shoes dedicated to to each task, which shoes would you recommend? With a sub total of $100.

Thank you very much!

for serious lifting (assuming you will squat and deadlift), you want flat soled shoes like chuck taylors. but if you're just going to do some random bullshit routine, free runs or running shoes will be fine.

or vibram five fingers work well for both running and lifting
September 22, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
livestok.

shoes dont matter lol
September 22, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
jaded

shoes dont matter lol

yeah, they do actually. anything with a sole that can compress is considered bad for lifting for obvious reasons. that's why a lot of lifters wear chucks, adidas sambas, or even weightlifting shoes from nike or adidas.

September 22, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
slap

i do plan on doing squats and deadlifts, so i'll wear my pfflyers (similar to converse).
how are free runs for actual running? any $50 running shoes?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

September 23, 2011 @ 07:32 PM
livestok.

yeah, they do actually. anything with a sole that can compress is considered bad for lifting for obvious reasons. that's why a lot of lifters wear chucks, adidas sambas, or even weightlifting shoes from nike or adidas.

it doesnt matter
September 23, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
curtis50cent

it doesnt matter

yes it does...smh if you cant feel difference.
September 23, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
fatbro

it doesnt matter

do u even lift?
September 24, 2011 @ 09:38 AM
livestok.

brb should I drink my protein shake 14 minutes after workout or 15 minutes after workout
brb should I hold the bench 12 inches apart or 13 inches apart
brb I was short 1g of protein yesterday will I lose all my gains
brb buy 10 different supplements before even stepping in the gym
brb dont do squats or deadlifts but go shopping for shoes for them
brb being obese and giving fitness advice
September 24, 2011 @ 05:30 PM
jaded

it doesnt matter

stop trolling the fitness thread with bad advice

September 24, 2011 @ 06:39 PM
Guapamole

after not working out for a long time i worked out biceps and did some isolated workouts. my arms have been unable to straighten for like 5 days or so, but i realized the "shock" that they underwent was actually very productive in size.

can i keep this up somehow with chest and other muscles?
September 24, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
ClydeFrazier

i know im prolly gonna get attacked for this but has anyone tried superbolin or something similar? my buddy's on it and his bench has fucking skyrocketed in the past few weeks.

Melo Gang All Day

Please login first to reply.