[OFFICIAL] Fitness, Nutrition, and Supplement Discussion Thread

September 01, 2011 @ 22:29:08
their vanilla isn't very good imo, at least with water

go chocolate

Melo Gang All Day

September 01, 2011 @ 22:33:51
Good luck, Scotty. Hopefully you can do like James Welch and go in white and come out Dominican

FPM - MUCKFATH

September 01, 2011 @ 23:07:55
^ HAHAHHA Thanks man

Best flavor? My backup plan is vanilla, just incase i'm scared to try anything.

Double rich chocolate is the best, if u like chocolate milk, you will like this!

their vanilla isn't very good imo, at least with water

go chocolate

Yeah, pretty much all of em arent good with water, reason i will add half milk, half water which makes the taste much better!
September 02, 2011 @ 02:56:30
?)?)?)?)?)?)?)
negatory unless youre not trying to build any kind of muscle whatsoever.

look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try
September 02, 2011 @ 04:59:24
look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try

LOL

yeah try lifting heavy weights weekly, while only eating ~40g of protein a day, and see where that gets you

i'm sure the average person gets way more protein in a day, let alone a lifter

fuck outta here
September 02, 2011 @ 05:06:43

nice try

oh really? because everything else i've ever read completely contradicts this statement

Melo Gang All Day

September 02, 2011 @ 09:00:32

nice try

please log off
September 02, 2011 @ 15:46:35
cookies and cream hands down
September 02, 2011 @ 15:47:05
Best flavor? My backup plan is vanilla, just incase i'm scared to try anything.

cookies and cream hands down
September 02, 2011 @ 16:03:34
^ Yeah might taste great but it also has high fructose corn syrup in it, so i wouldnt recommend it!
September 02, 2011 @ 20:26:03
Why's nobody focusing on murklur's problem?

He even mentioned it himself:

Figure that diet out quickly, man. No purpose if you're working hard in the gym and your diet is doo doo.

i've figured out a diet, i've just been waiting on a helpful workout routine if anyone is willing to share. anyone have any links to legitimate routines that have actually helped? i'm not looking to bulk up 20 lbs, but possibly 10, and most importantly, stay in shape.

thanks for the previous help and insight though HB. still a rook at this smokeyface
September 02, 2011 @ 20:49:31
i've figured out a diet, i've just been waiting on a helpful workout routine if anyone is willing to share. anyone have any links to legitimate routines that have actually helped? i'm not looking to bulk up 20 lbs, but possibly 10, and most importantly, stay in shape.

thanks for the previous help and insight though HB. still a rook at this smokeyface

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs#Practical_Programming_Novice_Program:
September 02, 2011 @ 21:06:52
just picked up some ON 100% whey in double rich, great recommendation guys, goes down fine for me with just water, far better than their vanilla.

Melo Gang All Day

September 03, 2011 @ 00:20:16
just picked up some ON 100% whey in double rich, great recommendation guys, goes down fine for me with just water, far better than their vanilla.

yeah i gotta agree, double rich choco is good
September 03, 2011 @ 00:53:08
September 03, 2011 @ 10:06:27
Gonna try ON chocolate mint protein
September 04, 2011 @ 16:58:38

smokeyface guess i'll pick this up. Kinda sick of syntha-6, shit has way too much calories for me and way too many ingredients.
September 04, 2011 @ 23:41:49
yeah syntha6 sucks, tastes amazing though, especially banana

Melo Gang All Day

September 05, 2011 @ 00:28:55
im gonna start cutting soon. Trying to get below 14% bf or so. Getting too big size wise
September 05, 2011 @ 02:15:00
^ RFL got me down from 17% to 14% BF.

I wanna move to a more moderate diet. Any specific recommendations for cutting down to 10%?
September 05, 2011 @ 09:44:15
not familiar with what RFL is brah ^

Right now im at about 16% trying to get down to 12-14%. Really really close to a 1.5bw bench press atm ; - ). Want to avoid losing any strength if possible. Gonna aim to cut bout 1-1.5 pounds a week (500-700 deficit) till like 160? from 167-168(current weight). Diet is pretty clean right now. Example meals for the day would be breakfast burrito (eggs/ham/tortilla/cheese) choc milk, hashbrowns. lunch chicken fajita/wrap no sauce, dinner chicekn fajita/wrap no sauce. Maybe salad as a snack somtime during the day. No pop/candy shit like that is the devil

-Might try Intermittent Fasting actually
September 05, 2011 @ 21:34:04
I'm looking into drinking shakes but I don't know squat about it. What do y'all drink it for? When do you drink it? How many times do you drink it per day etc? I've read a lot of recommendations on that ON whey shit; I might check that out. I'm trying to lose weight FYI.
September 05, 2011 @ 21:58:43
I'm looking into drinking shakes but I don't know squat about it. What do y'all drink it for? When do you drink it? How many times do you drink it per day etc? I've read a lot of recommendations on that ON whey shit; I might check that out. I'm trying to lose weight FYI.

1 when you wake up, 1 postworkout, and some take it preworkout as well

Melo Gang All Day

September 05, 2011 @ 22:24:12

I told u to get this a few months ago.. Shit is the best man!

Protein helps repair your muscle for muscle growth.. Whey protein has also been proven to help people burn fat as well! People drink it all different times BUT always drink right after working out.. Myself, i have 2 Whey shakes during the day and a casein shake before bed.. Casein Protein is a slower digesting protein reason u drink it at night time while sleeping.. I recommend ON protein supplements, i think its one of or even the best proteins with other nutrients..
September 06, 2011 @ 12:18:51
If youre trying to lose weight you don't need whey at all. Focus on your diet first and foremost but if you do need protein a whey shake is the best way to get it ; )

yall all know those dudes who drink whey shakes 3 times a day and lift for 15 minutes twice a week. clowns
September 06, 2011 @ 15:01:18

Inactive User

I never found any of those protein shakes disgusting if you stick with chocolate... Plus Magic Bullet makes it taste delicious
September 06, 2011 @ 17:41:04

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 06, 2011 @ 18:38:19
Just ordered some ON double chocolate, there wasn't any regular chocolate so i just went for the double smokeyface.

edit: how long does a 5lb tub of ON last you guys? assuming you only drink it post-workouts about 4 times a week?.
September 06, 2011 @ 18:44:00
^ ON doesnt make just regular chocolate, only double rich or extreme

Originally posted by Inactive User

Hell Yeah!! Beach cardio workouts, pushup, one arm row, bear crawl combo with 40's, Hill sprints and Jump squats with weights, all i needed to see! hahaha Cant decide which more inspirational the dudes voice or the running back?
September 06, 2011 @ 20:26:31
Haha haven't been in here for a min.
Please login first to reply.
x