300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
September 2, 2011 @ 05:06 AM
ClydeFrazier

look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try

oh really? because everything else i've ever read completely contradicts this statement

Melo Gang All Day

September 2, 2011 @ 09:00 AM
livestok.

look it up nerd. you only need 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight. The most you need is 1 gram per and those are olympic athletes.. muscles repair on their own. all you need to do is lift the weights.

nice try

please log off
September 2, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
boomboom

cookies and cream hands down
September 2, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
boomboom

Best flavor? My backup plan is vanilla, just incase i'm scared to try anything.

cookies and cream hands down
September 2, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah might taste great but it also has high fructose corn syrup in it, so i wouldnt recommend it!
September 2, 2011 @ 08:26 PM
murklur

Why's nobody focusing on murklur's problem?

He even mentioned it himself:

Figure that diet out quickly, man. No purpose if you're working hard in the gym and your diet is doo doo.

i've figured out a diet, i've just been waiting on a helpful workout routine if anyone is willing to share. anyone have any links to legitimate routines that have actually helped? i'm not looking to bulk up 20 lbs, but possibly 10, and most importantly, stay in shape.

thanks for the previous help and insight though HB. still a rook at this cool
September 2, 2011 @ 08:49 PM
fatbro

i've figured out a diet, i've just been waiting on a helpful workout routine if anyone is willing to share. anyone have any links to legitimate routines that have actually helped? i'm not looking to bulk up 20 lbs, but possibly 10, and most importantly, stay in shape.

thanks for the previous help and insight though HB. still a rook at this cool

startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs#Practical_Programming_Novice_Program:
September 2, 2011 @ 09:06 PM
ClydeFrazier

just picked up some ON 100% whey in double rich, great recommendation guys, goes down fine for me with just water, far better than their vanilla.

Melo Gang All Day

September 3, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
frosty33

just picked up some ON 100% whey in double rich, great recommendation guys, goes down fine for me with just water, far better than their vanilla.

yeah i gotta agree, double rich choco is good
September 3, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
September 3, 2011 @ 10:06 AM
livestok.

Gonna try ON chocolate mint protein
September 4, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
Spankbank

cool guess i'll pick this up. Kinda sick of syntha-6, shit has way too much calories for me and way too many ingredients.
September 4, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
ClydeFrazier

yeah syntha6 sucks, tastes amazing though, especially banana

Melo Gang All Day

September 5, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
livestok.

im gonna start cutting soon. Trying to get below 14% bf or so. Getting too big size wise
September 5, 2011 @ 02:15 AM
tmwtg

^ RFL got me down from 17% to 14% BF.

I wanna move to a more moderate diet. Any specific recommendations for cutting down to 10%?
September 5, 2011 @ 09:44 AM
livestok.

not familiar with what RFL is brah ^

Right now im at about 16% trying to get down to 12-14%. Really really close to a 1.5bw bench press atm ; - ). Want to avoid losing any strength if possible. Gonna aim to cut bout 1-1.5 pounds a week (500-700 deficit) till like 160? from 167-168(current weight). Diet is pretty clean right now. Example meals for the day would be breakfast burrito (eggs/ham/tortilla/cheese) choc milk, hashbrowns. lunch chicken fajita/wrap no sauce, dinner chicekn fajita/wrap no sauce. Maybe salad as a snack somtime during the day. No pop/candy shit like that is the devil

-Might try Intermittent Fasting actually
September 5, 2011 @ 09:34 PM
brannen

I'm looking into drinking shakes but I don't know squat about it. What do y'all drink it for? When do you drink it? How many times do you drink it per day etc? I've read a lot of recommendations on that ON whey shit; I might check that out. I'm trying to lose weight FYI.
September 5, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
ClydeFrazier

I'm looking into drinking shakes but I don't know squat about it. What do y'all drink it for? When do you drink it? How many times do you drink it per day etc? I've read a lot of recommendations on that ON whey shit; I might check that out. I'm trying to lose weight FYI.

1 when you wake up, 1 postworkout, and some take it preworkout as well

Melo Gang All Day

September 5, 2011 @ 10:24 PM
Scotty

I told u to get this a few months ago.. Shit is the best man!

Protein helps repair your muscle for muscle growth.. Whey protein has also been proven to help people burn fat as well! People drink it all different times BUT always drink right after working out.. Myself, i have 2 Whey shakes during the day and a casein shake before bed.. Casein Protein is a slower digesting protein reason u drink it at night time while sleeping.. I recommend ON protein supplements, i think its one of or even the best proteins with other nutrients..
September 6, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
livestok.

If youre trying to lose weight you don't need whey at all. Focus on your diet first and foremost but if you do need protein a whey shake is the best way to get it ; )

yall all know those dudes who drink whey shakes 3 times a day and lift for 15 minutes twice a week. clowns
September 6, 2011 @ 03:01 PM

Inactive

I never found any of those protein shakes disgusting if you stick with chocolate... Plus Magic Bullet makes it taste delicious
September 6, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 6, 2011 @ 06:38 PM
IrvinAmbil

Just ordered some ON double chocolate, there wasn't any regular chocolate so i just went for the double cool.

edit: how long does a 5lb tub of ON last you guys? assuming you only drink it post-workouts about 4 times a week?.
September 6, 2011 @ 06:44 PM
Scotty

^ ON doesnt make just regular chocolate, only double rich or extreme

I'm inspired

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowB5wNPvWQ

Hell Yeah!! Beach cardio workouts, pushup, one arm row, bear crawl combo with 40's, Hill sprints and Jump squats with weights, all i needed to see! hahaha Cant decide which more inspirational the dudes voice or the running back?
September 6, 2011 @ 08:26 PM
Brolictaps2000

Haha haven't been in here for a min.
September 7, 2011 @ 12:13 AM
yunglordgrizzly

so i recently started to go to the gym and i literally mean recently, this is like my 3rd week...
i guess im just fishing for tips and feedback about my current routine since i dont know too much about the science of all this...
my weekly routine right now is:
M: chest (flat bench, incline, decline, chest fly)
T: biceps (standing curls and concentration curls with dumbells and bars, and hammer curls
triceps (i do two exercises with dumbells, i forget what theyre called. two more with rope)
W:shoulders (dumbell raises, dumbell shoulder press, this thing with the bar)
Th: biceps, triceps again...not sure if good though..

all my sets pretty much consist of me starting at 14 reps with my beginning weight, then reducing by 2 reps but adding 10 lbs every set. i end at 8 reps (i think thats the standard)

i run for 30 mins on m,w,th,sat (no real explanation why i run those days)
i also do abs on the days i run but im not really sure about effective ab workouts. i just do the situps, crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle thing, flutter kick thing, then end with plank

i didnt put up what i do for my back but i usually hit the back on mondays, i just dont really know what to do for my back so i just go on random machines and do at least 4 workouts...i need help on the back hah.

im 5'9 and 170 lbs. but i dont look 170, cos im like skinny fat i guess..

thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

grizzly on SS

September 7, 2011 @ 12:29 AM
Scotty

^ No need for arms twice a week especially if u are doing them on a full day.. And u dont have a leg day either.. Try this for a basic week routine cause u dont want to go in there not knowing what u are doing.. Also dont need to do every workout posted

M: Chest day(your workouts are good)
T: Back( Bent over rows w/barbell, t bar row, one arm row, Lat pull down, pull ups, close grip pull down, row, deadlifts)
W. Legs(squats, leg press, leg curl, leg extension, stiff leg deadlift, lunges, calf raises)
TH: Shoulders( side raises, military press, shoulder press, arnold press, shrugs, front raises)
F: Arms( you get the idea for arms in your routine)

Weekend rest or if u want to rest during the week switch it out with saturday

Cardio 3 days week is good, throw a couple ab circuits in a couple days
September 7, 2011 @ 12:38 PM
Spankbank

edit: how long does a 5lb tub of ON last you guys? assuming you only drink it post-workouts about 4 times a week?.

A 5lb tub lasted me about I think 4-5 months, also put into consideration I drank it in the morning sometimes to supplement for breakfast.

Also as for drinking protein pre-workout is kind of useless imo, because there's no reason to since you're going to drink it after the workout anyway.
September 7, 2011 @ 01:03 PM
Scotty

^ nah man, pre workout is one of the most important meals of the day when lifting.. Some people will eat a regular meal if they have time but most dont so they grab a protein shake which is perfect.. Like myself, i used to use my breakfast as a pre workout meal cause i used to go to the gym in the morning but now go later in the day, so i drink a protein shake before hand..
September 7, 2011 @ 03:01 PM
Brolictaps2000

Just ordered some ON double chocolate, there wasn't any regular chocolate so i just went for the double cool.

Dbl chocolate is alright. Regular chocolate is better imo.

5lb tub usually last me for about a month or two. I rather eat real food doe.

Please login first to reply.