300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
July 20, 2011 @ 02:04 AM
Scotty

New thread has now been created for all discussions on fitness, nutrition, and supplements... Everything from workout routines, different exercises, nutritional & dieting, and supplements will be discussed in this thread.. Any other threads in made about any of this will be deleted.. There was the same questions repeatedly asked in the other threads, so before asking read this first page before asking them... If u have any questions that weren'y answered, feel free to ask...

Frequently asked questions:

What healthy food should I be eating?

Lean Proteins:
Fish
Chicken
Turkey
Beans
You can occasionally have lean cuts of Red Meat.

Complex Carbs:
Brown Rice
Whole Oats
Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Whole Wheat Pasta

Vegetables:
Broccoli
Spinach
Asparagus
Peppers
Tomatoes

Fruit:
Apples
Oranges
Berries
Grapefruit

Fats:
Olive Oil
Flaxseed Oil
Avocado
Natural Peanut Butter
Nuts
Fish

What foods NOT eat?
dressings, dips and butter.
Saturated and Trans Fats found in processed food.
butter, oil and Hydrogenated Oils.
high sodium, high sugar sauces such as Soy Sauce and BBQ Sauce.
Lunch Meat, Cheese, Fries, Chips, Ice Cream, Mayonnaise.

How to gain mass/bulk?
Eat 5 to 6 times a day but with bigger portion.. Some people feel they can dirty bulk then cut but i dont advise it.. If you are looking to put some size on the best way to do it, is lift heavier weights, less reps, more sets.. Most people do whats called 5x5 workout programs.. 5x5 is 5 sets of 5 reps each with heavy weights..

What workouts for weight loss?
Eat 4-6 meals a day, eat smaller portion and keep your calories down.. Also be sure to eat good amount of protein, good carbs and good fats.. For losing weight, u want to find a good workout plan with good amount of cardio.. Some people do circuit training and other lift doing 8-10 reps, 3 sets and do alot of cardio.. But the most important part is your diet with losing weight!

What supplements should i be taking?(These are supplements that been tested and proven to work)
- Whey protein, Casein Protein, Soy Protein
- Multi Vitamin
- Omega 3
- BCAA
- Glutamine
- Creatine
- CLA
- L-Carnitine

* These are the basics and answers to most of the repeatedly asked questions.. You can add to them or can think of adding to what i have wrote.. But any other questions feel free to ask and any discuss any other stuff you want to discuss!
July 20, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
ClydeFrazier

don't forget about almonds scotty. i snack on them all the time and use natural almond butter over natty pb.

Melo Gang All Day

July 20, 2011 @ 04:42 PM
brannen

Can anyone elaborate on hiit please, and how long does it usually take you guys to do a full workout?
July 20, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
mumbai

dammit, i shouldve written down the workouts/routines that people did for cutting/getting lean. can you write down again yours scotty? and that one dude that posted recently with his pic(no homo) and workout routine
July 20, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
Scotty

^ yeah here is the basic of it..

Back and Bi's( 2 to 3 exercises each) with 30 min. cardio
Chest/shoulders/Tris( 2-3 exercises each)
30-45 minute cardio & Ab circuit
Legs
Back/Bi's with 30 minute cardio
Chest/Shoulder/tris(
Cardio and ab circuit
then legs and so on...

This is a 12 week routine, which you do it 7 days a week.. And u are always rotating days, so u never are on the same schedule, keeps your muscle guessing and working.. Also when u are on your second day of the split try doing a different exercise than the first day.. For example, on chest day one u do Bench, incline, decline, so on the second day try bench, incline flys and dips.. Works the same mucles but in a different way..
July 21, 2011 @ 12:52 AM
alberto.1989

^no days rest?
July 21, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
ClydeFrazier

for shredding, even on your off days you should be doing cardio.

Melo Gang All Day

July 21, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
alberto.1989

how many calories should i be eating? im 195 lbs about 5ft9inches

trying to make it down to 170
July 21, 2011 @ 01:33 AM
Scotty

^ U were right where i was couple months ago, I eat around 1500-2100 calories daily.. 1500 was the lowest which i rarely did but sometimes i eat higher calories day before so i had to lower em to even it out.. And 2100 was max unless i was eating a cheat meal then it could get up to 3000 but made sure there was a cardio day afterwards... Also i never had to count calories cause i was basically eating all the same stuff daily with measurements.. So i counted one day in the beginning and that was pretty much it.. Sometimes i would go through in my head to estimate but i was always around 1800-2000.. But with a weight of 195 they say go no more than 2400 daily, so keep that in mind..

for shredding, even on your off days you should be doing cardio.

Exactly, when u are trying to get lean and shred off BF, a rest day is cardio and abs... But once i did it for 6 weeks straight i over trained so i took 3 complete days off to rest up.. Which was great cause then the 2 weeks after i dropped 5 pounds..
July 21, 2011 @ 02:45 AM
ClydeFrazier

yeah you need a few days break. i'm 6ft 175 lbs, purely focused on gaining strength and mass

diet as of now

breakfast:6 egg whites, 2 yolks with broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and peppers and 2 slices of wheat bread with almond butter.

preworkout: protein shake

postworkout: protein shake and creatine

lunch: whole wheat pasta with chunky vegetable tomato sauce and ground turkey

snack: handful of almonds and a protein shake

dinner: spinach salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, croutons (if i don't have them, i can't finish the thing) and chicken

before bed: scoop of casein with a tbsp of almond pb and a 1/2 cup of casein. ill add a little water to help it blend better

i'm also ensuring i go through an entire gallon of water throughout the day (lately it's been even morecool)

thoughts?

Melo Gang All Day

July 21, 2011 @ 06:52 PM
fatbro

how many cals is that? needs way more carbs imo if you're aiming for mass.
July 21, 2011 @ 07:15 PM
ClydeFrazier

no idea, calculating that is a real bitch. should i have a cup of brown rice with dinner as well? i really don't wanna get fat

Melo Gang All Day

July 21, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
Scotty

^ yeah u can add some brown rice for more carbs if u want to gain some mass.. Carb count should be from 170-250 grams for some your weight.. Also u drink 4 shakes a day? Gotta be careful with that, whey is a fast acting protein can put alot on your kidneys.. If i were trying to gain some mass i would go with ON pro complex after workout.. It has 60 grams of protein, plus good amount of carbs..Then u can cut out one of them shakes and just eat another protein source..

* also messed up my collar bone this week, doing heavy lifts... So im going to rest til monday and just do cardio and legs til then...
July 21, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
ClydeFrazier

thanks scotty, i'll try calculating my protein/fat/carb and cal intake once i'm home and can check the labels

Melo Gang All Day

July 21, 2011 @ 07:52 PM
fatbro

indeed, 3-4 shakes a day is pushing it, unless you're strapped for time. the money can be better spent on real food.

but if you want easy carbs, you can always toss 1-2 packets of instant oatmeal in your shakes
July 22, 2011 @ 05:57 AM
adoboFosho

what are your thoughts on "euro-training"? at 1:36
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUKoQGouuM

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 22, 2011 @ 09:02 AM
Constellations

im kinda where alberto is at weight wise except im a couple inches taller, but i need some advice on how many calories i should be eating daily cause ive been hearing some conflicting information about BMR formulas (some people saying theyre way innacurate and some say theyre pretty close).

so idk, ive been eating around 1500-1800 cals a day this past week so i guess ill just see where that takes me, but idk if that may be too little or too much since im not sure about my BMR.

\X/

July 22, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
Marky Mark

What's the word on empty-stomach cardio. Opinions seem to be mixed online. For reference, I'm 5'11 175 and my goal is to get cut, not necessarily big. It seems like most of the people criticizing it are bodybuilders who only want to get huge and that's not my goal.
July 22, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
Scotty

^ As I gave Albert this info, it would be the same for you if u are looking to lose weight.. If u are looking to gain mass u should be above 2400 calories..
July 23, 2011 @ 12:02 AM
F/22

Just a note
for eating beans/lentils it is better to eat it with whole wheat grains, because the two items have incomplete amino acid chains. Basically eating them together completes the protein
July 23, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
adoboFosho

what do you think about crossfit

especially how it makes girls hot

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 23, 2011 @ 04:16 PM
Scotty

^ Crossfit is one of the best type of workouts you can do and its becoming alot more popular because how good it is.. I havent done it yet but have been thinking about adding into my routines..
July 23, 2011 @ 05:36 PM
tmwtg

^ Check out this chick's results. It's ridiculous:

www.crossfitasheville.com/2010/06/02/selfless-or-selfish-by-tamara-cohen/

Shit is mad inspiring. I love the whole community feel of Crossfit. No negativity.
July 23, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
Scotty

^ Great transformation but one thing people are going to have to realize is she didnt get that way just because she did crossfit.. She changed her everyday diet and did crossfit to get those results.. Im actually going to start crossfit after i do this new 12 week routine to get my BF to 8%.. Which then after i do this, i will do crossfit to keep myself fit at around 8-10% BF.. Here is my new routine that starts monday:

Workout:
Monday Morning: 30-45 minute cardio before breakfast
Monday Night: Upperbody(5x5)

Tuesday Morning: Ab Circuit
Tuesday Night: Lowerbody(5x5)

Wednesday rest

Thursday morning: 30-45 minute cardio before breakfast
Thursday night: Hypertrophy(Chest, shoulder, Tri's)

Friday morning: 30-45 minute cardio before breakfast
Friday Night: Hypertrophy(Back and Bi's)

Saturday Morning: Hypertrophy(Legs) & Ab Circuit

Sunday rest

Diet: Basically an all whole food diet and going to lower my carb intake abit

Supplements: Hydrowhey and Casein protein, BCAA, Glutamine, Creatine, Multi Vit, Omega 3, and possibly L-carnitine

DEDICATION!!!! Its that simple, pushing myself to the limits...
July 23, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
tmwtg

^ Great transformation but one thing people are going to have to realize is she didnt get that way just because she did crossfit.. She changed her everyday diet and did crossfit to get those results..

DEDICATION!!!! Its that simple, pushing myself to the limits...

No doubt about it, man.

I think it's a given that diet is probably the most important factor. It's not only about dieting, but a lifestyle change. I give mad props to anybody who's committed to bulking/cutting.

I don't know about you dudes, but I love that burn/pain you get when you keep pushing yourself.
July 24, 2011 @ 12:53 PM
F/22

crossfit workouts are nice, if you push yourself they are quick an easy. Definitely trains other categories other than strength.
July 25, 2011 @ 02:18 AM
adoboFosho

going from years of bodybuilding routines to this this will kick you in the rear

doing them as prescribed the oly lifts got me the most tired with other stuff like rounds of 400m runs kb swings to pullups etc

but some i feel really weird such as deadlifts in 20+ range as opposed to 3 or something but it depends on the day

July 25, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
KevBd

thanks scotty, i'll try calculating my protein/fat/carb and cal intake once i'm home and can check the labels

yo! here as per your request haha.

if you want my input on anything you're more than welcome to ask. i won't just but in and give my opinion though, that's caused way too many arguments/fights/disagreements/etc. in the past, so i do my best not to open my mouth unless i'm called upon.

ya dig?

two of em x hs shit

July 25, 2011 @ 06:24 PM
adoboFosho

scotty what are your thought's on layne nortons phd research on why morning fasted cardio is unnecessary as opposed to hours after a workout or for right after a w/o for people with time constraints

July 25, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
Scotty

^ I have done cardio right after workouts and recommend it, i did it for 12 weeks straight.. But thats if you are only doing smaller days and still have the energy.. Reason im doing Cardio morning and then lifting later in the day is cause im doing heavier workouts and alittle longer workouts which ill be to tired to do cardio after.. So doing cardio in the morning before breakfast will get my blood flowing for the day and also burn fat calories before eating.. If u noticed my new workout is Layne Nortons Power/Hypertrophy workout routine(modified alittle)! hahaha I just add cardio and ab circuits to it.. Also for the morning cardio i have seen people get really good results from it while they are trying to lose body fat%...

Please login first to reply.