FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 11, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
CaliforniaKid

Discuss:

With growing rumor and gossip about the NFL moving a football team to L.A, many have speculated if it could work. The L.A., Rams, and Raiders have failed in the city of Angels, but could the right owner pull it off?
July 11, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
Scotty

Old news, we had a big discussion on this last year about this in the NFL thread... Here is the layout and website for the stadium:
www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

It's not even going to be in LA, it's going to be in Ponoma... Haha Also Magic Johnson also sold all his laker stock cause he wants to own it for what LA got which was 800 mill...
July 12, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
CaliforniaKid

Old news, we had a big discussion on this last year about this in the NFL thread... Here is the layout and website for the stadium:
www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

It's not even going to be in LA, it's going to be in Ponoma... Haha Also Magic Johnson also sold all his laker stock cause he wants to own it for what LA got which was 800 mill...

Hold up......HOOOLLLLDDD UP! You're telling me I'm bringing up old news when you're still on the OLD STADIUM?

This is the new proposed stadium my friend: www.farmersfield.com

Please, be wowed...
July 12, 2011 @ 09:50 PM
Scotty

^ that's just another proposal though but there's alot people against this idea.. They don't want a stadium downtown because they still feel it will just be more traffic than there already is now... Just like when there is a laker game but u will have it more often.. Great idea but not sure if they will get it.. People still want the Ponoma stadium cause of the location even though it's not LA..
July 12, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
CaliforniaKid

Well, I've been following this whole development (NFL in LA in general) for the past couple of years now. Los Angeles Stadium is an easier project to carry out and probably less harsh on the traffic environment of Downtown Los Angeles but Farmers Field is way further in development as far as pre-production and city recognition goes.

The benefits (new convention center, even more business for L.A Live, more residents and consequently more revenue in Downtown Los Angeles, twice as many jobs as Los Angeles Stadium would provide) of Farmers Field FAR outweigh whatever traffic concerns the city may have.

When we were thinking about building the Staples Center (and later L.A Live) in the late 90's people were worrying that it would congest Downtown Los Angeles, and it never did. Getting in and out of Downtown on the night of a Lakers game is easy. Plus, NFL games would be held on Sunday (sometimes Monday), the week's lowest traffic day.

Right now, as it stands, Farmers Field is the frontrunner in getting approved, the real estate team (AEG, who also built the Staples Center) behind them has just been making a better effort at getting the thing to actually happen.

The only way I see Farmers Field not being built is if the city doesn't approve of it because of environmental concerns, such as pollution concerns or if the blueprints violate some sort of code and is unfixable.
July 15, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
CaliforniaKid

Decision will be made by August 20th whether or not the city will approve of Farmers Field.
July 15, 2011 @ 09:04 PM
aLUUx.

Well farmers field just makes sense, with LA live already built. Anyway as far as football goes i don't really care. Just my opinion but i think only the raiders would fill the stadium consistently. There were rumors that the dodgers could move their to save their franchise, but really though fuck baseball. This LAstreetcar, more retail/hotels, more development would be welcomed
July 16, 2011 @ 07:25 PM
CaliforniaKid

Well farmers field just makes sense, with LA live already built. Anyway as far as football goes i don't really care. Just my opinion but i think only the raiders would fill the stadium consistently. There were rumors that the dodgers could move their to save their franchise, but really though fuck baseball. This LAstreetcar, more retail/hotels, more development would be welcomed

I honestly think that anyone could fill the stadium. We'd have more fans if the Raiders came back but the reality is we're the 2nd biggest market in the country and times have changed. 16 years have passed, if we get a new team, it will be LOS ANGELES' team for a while, believe that stadium will be full nonstop.
July 16, 2011 @ 08:27 PM
Scotty

^ yeah anyone would fill up the stadium.. i mean even clipper games fill up and look at Laker games.. Also not to mention, there would be alot of fairweathers once a team gets here... I dont think the raiders are going to comeback even them cming back to LA wouldnt change the divisions, i think its going to be one of the eastern teams..
July 17, 2011 @ 11:54 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

As long as it's not the Chargers going I'm cool. It would most likely be the Rams though.
July 17, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
Canvas08

I thought it was most likely going to be the Jaguars
July 17, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
CaliforniaKid

As long as it's not the Chargers going I'm cool. It would most likely be the Rams though.

ACTUALLY, the Chargers are the most likely right now with the Jaguars being a very close second. Rams come in 3rd.

Business-wise, it'd be best to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles so that the markets are merged and there's more of a chance to fill out the stadium but I don't want the Chargers either.

If I had to put my money on it though, I'd say we're getting the Jaguars: Florida has 3 teams and the Jaguars are the least liked and have the weakest market out of those 3.
July 19, 2011 @ 11:06 AM
imtheman

I hope the Chargers DO leave San Diego.. bunch of bandwagoners & fairweather fans left & right.
Al Davis got the power to move the Raiders back if he really tried, but I dont think too many NFL shot callers are too fond of him - they respect him & what he's done for the Raiders & football, but from I've been told, do not like him much.

Cant wait for the lockout to be done with already...
July 19, 2011 @ 11:18 AM
theconqueror

Well, I've been following this whole development (NFL in LA in general) for the past couple of years now. Los Angeles Stadium is an easier project to carry out and probably less harsh on the traffic environment of Downtown Los Angeles but Farmers Field is way further in development as far as pre-production and city recognition goes.

The benefits (new convention center, even more business for L.A Live, more residents and consequently more revenue in Downtown Los Angeles, twice as many jobs as Los Angeles Stadium would provide) of Farmers Field FAR outweigh whatever traffic concerns the city may have.

When we were thinking about building the Staples Center (and later L.A Live) in the late 90's people were worrying that it would congest Downtown Los Angeles, and it never did. Getting in and out of Downtown on the night of a Lakers game is easy. Plus, NFL games would be held on Sunday (sometimes Monday), the week's lowest traffic day.

Right now, as it stands, Farmers Field is the frontrunner in getting approved, the real estate team (AEG, who also built the Staples Center) behind them has just been making a better effort at getting the thing to actually happen.

The only way I see Farmers Field not being built is if the city doesn't approve of it because of environmental concerns, such as pollution concerns or if the blueprints violate some sort of code and is unfixable.

los angeles stadium has already been approved and could start getting built today.. all that's needed is a team.

id want this stadium over the downtown one. you'll get a true football experience from the los angeles stadium. it just makes more sense..
July 19, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
WojieWorldPeace

LA has had teams and has proven to fail supporting them long term...nothing will change this go-around.

Just leave my Bills in Buffalo and it's all good cool

Buffalo Bills till I die.

July 19, 2011 @ 11:26 AM
Tonyreyes

LA doesn't deserve a NFL team.
July 19, 2011 @ 02:06 PM
CaliforniaKid

los angeles stadium has already been approved and could start getting built today.. all that's needed is a team.

id want this stadium over the downtown one. you'll get a true football experience from the los angeles stadium. it just makes more sense..

When I said approved, I meant actually getting the green light by the NFL and the city.

But just because Los Angeles Stadium is approved (by the city) doesn't mean anything. As soon as Farmers Field is approved (assuming that it will be), NFL teams considering the move would much rather have their stadium downtown than 22 miles east of it. Stadium profits Downtown > Stadium profits in City of Industry.

The team moving is going to get to choose which stadium they want built, not the other way around.
July 19, 2011 @ 02:11 PM
CaliforniaKid

LA has had teams and has proven to fail supporting them long term...nothing will change this go-around.

Just leave my Bills in Buffalo and it's all good cool

Except this is 16 years later and L.A Live exists now and is doing a great job, not to mention Downtown LA is not the same grimey area that it was 15 years ago...

Do you not understand that building a new stadium IN LOS ANGELES would attract so many fans and it will be impossible to get tickets the first few years after the stadium is built? It's going to be the hot thing to attend in LA suddenly.

Why do you think 5+ teams (including your Bills) are considering relocating? It's because fans don't enjoy their shitty stadium/area surrounding the stadium.
July 19, 2011 @ 02:25 PM
CaliforniaKid

LA doesn't deserve a NFL team.

July 20, 2011 @ 05:50 PM
Tonyreyes

The second biggest market in America doesn't have a franchise in the most popular sport, that speaks more about the fans in Los Angeles.
July 20, 2011 @ 06:37 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Except this is 16 years later and L.A Live exists now and is doing a great job, not to mention Downtown LA is not the same grimey area that it was 15 years ago...

Do you not understand that building a new stadium IN LOS ANGELES would attract so many fans and it will be impossible to get tickets the first few years after the stadium is built? It's going to be the hot thing to attend in LA suddenly.

Why do you think 5+ teams (including your Bills) are considering relocating? It's because fans don't enjoy their shitty stadium/area surrounding the stadium.

Please don't speak on this matter you have no idea what you are talking about and you clearly have no idea about the situation the Bills are in.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

July 20, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
CaliforniaKid

The second biggest market in America doesn't have a franchise in the most popular sport, that speaks more about the fans in Los Angeles.

I've already explained why it'd be different this time around. We don't have a team because of what happened more than 15 years ago. Anyone inside or outside of LA who knows anything about the city will tell you that the stadium will constantly sell out.
July 20, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
Tonyreyes

if they suck no one is going to show up. LA is fair-weather for the Lakers and they are a historic franchise. And why should some city lose their team because California needs another team?
July 20, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
CaliforniaKid

Please don't speak on this matter you have no idea what you are talking about and you clearly have no idea about the situation the Bills are in.

When your owner, Ralph Wilson, dies (which will be really, really soon), we'll see what Roger Goodell will pull out of his sleeve to convince the next owner to move the team to Toronto. You guys already agreed to play a few home games in Toronto because that market proves to be MUCH more lucrative.
July 20, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
CaliforniaKid

if they suck no one is going to show up. LA is fair-weather for the Lakers and they are a historic franchise. And why should some city lose their team because California needs another team?

We'll never be able to live down the persona of being fair-weathered fans because we live in a place where we have so many entertainment options but at least giving us a football team will give us the opportunity to prove that true fans do exist in LA. And while some Lakers fans might be fair-weathered (They whine when we lose and curse the Lakers), Staples Center is ALWAYS full even when we aren't producing championships (Take 2004-2007 Lakers for example).
July 20, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
&bullshit

LA isn't fair-weather with the lakers. fuck you talking about? non-la laker fans are fair-weather but not real LA fans.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

July 22, 2011 @ 04:25 PM
aLUUx.

we got basketball though>sad
July 23, 2011 @ 12:32 AM
Tonyreyes

we got basketball though>sad

Mike Brown means no more rings for Kobe.
July 24, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
aLUUx.

mike brown means no more rings for kobe.

July 26, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
CaliforniaKid

The Jaguars also could be in the mix, despite consistent denials from owner Wayne Weaver of any interest in moving the team or selling it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/l-a-moves-closer-to-downtown-stadium-nfl-teams/

>sad

Please login first to reply.