September 19, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Personally, I don't think Cortez told them to fight, I think he is saying that to cover his ass. If you watch the replay, Cortez isn't even looking at them, he's looking down at the judges/timekeeper when it happened. You can see the shock on his face when the punches landed.

Mayweather would've gone on to win anyhow, so it doesn't really matter, I just believe Ortiz when he says that he wasn't told to fight by Cortez. His arms are at his side, and even after the first fight he leaves his arms at his side and looks to Cortez. I think he assumed that it was a sucker punch to get even, and that Cortez would maybe take a point from Mayweather as well, then put them each in their corner and resume the round.

IDK man to me, when a ref has his arm between the two fighters, the moment he removes that arm, it's a signal to continue. Ortiz played himself for not defending at all times. Especially if looked to the ref about the sucker punch. If I get sucker punched, I'm a hop back or defend at least. I don't think he looked at the ref though. I think he just got rocked.

Still a dick move from PBF. And a dumb ass move from Ortiz.
September 19, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
Slim2010

IDK man to me, when a ref has his arm between the two fighters, the moment he removes that arm, it's a signal to continue. Ortiz played himself for not defending at all times. Especially if looked to the ref about the sucker punch. If I get sucker punched, I'm a hop back or defend at least. I don't think he looked at the ref though. I think he just got rocked.

Agreed. When he got hit the 1st time that should been a wake up calling up even after that he kept his arms down, all Ortiz. #MONEY
September 19, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
jaded

I don't know, this is what I'm referring to:

I don't see Cortez with his arm between them, he's clearly not watching them, and after that first hit you can see Ortiz look to Cortez.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 19, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
randysav

what goes around comes around reffering to what floyd said on his post press con. i cant post the press con vid as of this moment but floyd cleared alot of things during the press con.including why haters are allways gonna hate on him and never give him the credit of being 42-0 and just clearing up the sport while taking a simple OST test. but if you were fighting for your legacy and fighting for a shitload of millie would you really give your opponent any chance at all? no. i did notice that Ortiz could have gotten up on that flash KO but decided not too.
September 19, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I don't know, this is what I'm referring to:

I don't see Cortez with his arm between them, he's clearly not watching them, and after that first hit you can see Ortiz look to Cortez.

Watch the whole thing. That gif conveniently leaves out where the ref was between them and then removed his arm. To me, that's the universal signal to keep fighting. It was bad officiating when homie proceeded to take his eyes off the fighters, but at worst, the fight can be turned into a no contest due to the ref's error. Ortiz played himself by not defending.

I see the body language of Mayweather and I think, ok dude's ready to keep fighting. It's like touching gloves. Ortiz kept his hands down instead of being at the ready. His own fault. Like I said, to me, ref gets between, then gets out the way, mayweather keep his hands up, and it looked like he mouthed the words "ok let's go." Seems like a miscommunication at best. Sucker punch at worst.

If he looked at the ref (and it wasn't the punch that rocked him and shook his head in that direction) that's even worse!!!! Dude just punched you in the face and you keep your hands down? Nah. Like I said, dick move by PBF (although I can understand the miscommunication). But Ortiz is def the bigger idiot in this IMO.
September 19, 2011 @ 04:26 PM
jaded

Yeah, what a mess. I don't think a rematch will happen though, the interest won't be there. If the rounds were split at the time that happened, or if Ortiz was ahead, then maybe, but he was losing the fight at that point and got knocked out to end it.

September 19, 2011 @ 04:35 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Yeah, what a mess. I don't think a rematch will happen though, the interest won't be there. If the rounds were split at the time that happened, or if Ortiz was ahead, then maybe, but he was losing the fight at that point and got knocked out to end it.

That's what sucks man. In the end the fans lose. And you're right, the rematch would only be interesting if it was a competitive fight. IMO I feel like Floyd controlled the whole fight and did exactly what everyone expected. Plus everyone is over any fights that are not Mayweather and Pac. This was like an appetizer. When you been dying for the main course you generally don't ask for seconds on the appetizer.
September 19, 2011 @ 04:53 PM
DC RA

Personally, I don't think Cortez told them to fight, I think he is saying that to cover his ass. If you watch the replay, Cortez isn't even looking at them, he's looking down at the judges/timekeeper when it happened. You can see the shock on his face when the punches landed.

Mayweather would've gone on to win anyhow, so it doesn't really matter, I just believe Ortiz when he says that he wasn't told to fight by Cortez. His arms are at his side, and even after the first fight he leaves his arms at his side and looks to Cortez. I think he assumed that it was a sucker punch to get even, and that Cortez would maybe take a point from Mayweather as well, then put them each in their corner and resume the round.

Nah dude. I even distinctly heard him say "lets go" and signals both fighter together. But Cortez's action caused a lot of confusion and should have put both fighters at neutral corners first which is usually what happens. A weird turn of events and wish I got to see Mayweather really take apart Ortiz.

see 0:31

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPyIVRtLLeY
September 20, 2011 @ 12:13 AM

Inactive

Dirty ass mayweather
September 20, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
September 20, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
RICKSTERVIN

forget everything! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao NEEDS to happen. Im glad Floyd won so Pacquiao will be the first to lay this fool out.
September 20, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
imtheman

I think Cortez fucked it all up by not sending them to their corners like mentioned up above, which is what usually happens in the case of a low-blow or something right?!!
Ortiz is a fuckin idiot for the blatant headbutt, but if you aint cheating, you aint trying! haa
But Mayweather busted some bitch shit.. seriously, no sportsmanship or sports integrity. Doesnt matter how much money was at stake. If he's the world's baddest man, why doesnt he SHOW IT for as long as he couldve rather than take advantage and KO him on some confusion shit?!?! If Ortiz had nothing to offer against him (May'), then let him try and then whoop his ass for 9,10,11, 12 rounds.. why not?!! Give the fans what they fuckin wanted to see, YOU FIGHT!! If I was ringside, I'd be going fuckin nuts and pissed the fuck off that I payed $20,000 to see that piece of shit!

Its like in soccer.. when a guy on team A goes down, team B is expected to kick the ball out of play so that the player on team A can get treatment. In return, team A gives the ball back to team B out of good sportsmanship.. EVERY team does this, regardless of whos playing. Yeah the rules says PLAY ON - SCORE GOALS, etc, but thats one of those unwritten rules that all professionals follow, and bitch ass Mayweater is a fuckin unprofessional opportunist and took advantage.
I hope Pac-man literally fucks Mayweather up for 12 rounds, and this coming from a Mexican who cannot by Mexican law support Pac-man!!
September 20, 2011 @ 06:09 PM
DC RA

I think Cortez fucked it all up by not sending them to their corners like mentioned up above, which is what usually happens in the case of a low-blow or something right?!!
Ortiz is a fuckin idiot for the blatant headbutt, but if you aint cheating, you aint trying! haa
But Mayweather busted some bitch shit.. seriously, no sportsmanship or sports integrity. Doesnt matter how much money was at stake. If he's the world's baddest man, why doesnt he SHOW IT for as long as he couldve rather than take advantage and KO him on some confusion shit?!?! If Ortiz had nothing to offer against him (May'), then let him try and then whoop his ass for 9,10,11, 12 rounds.. why not?!! Give the fans what they fuckin wanted to see, YOU FIGHT!! If I was ringside, I'd be going fuckin nuts and pissed the fuck off that I payed $20,000 to see that piece of shit!

Its like in soccer.. when a guy on team A goes down, team B is expected to kick the ball out of play so that the player on team A can get treatment. In return, team A gives the ball back to team B out of good sportsmanship.. EVERY team does this, regardless of whos playing. Yeah the rules says PLAY ON - SCORE GOALS, etc, but thats one of those unwritten rules that all professionals follow, and bitch ass Mayweater is a fuckin unprofessional opportunist and took advantage.
I hope Pac-man literally fucks Mayweather up for 12 rounds, and this coming from a Mexican who cannot by Mexican law support Pac-man!!

If you know boxing, Ortiz was looking for a way out. That bitch wanted to cut Mayweather so that the fight would not continue. When a guy mentally and physically is dominating you, you look for a way out to avoid further embarrassment. Tyson did the same thing against Holyfield, trying to bite his ear off not once but twice. Ortiz did the same exact thing trying to headbutt him once and then again so blatant that maybe a bad enough cut stops the fight and he loses with a bit of dignity. After the first hook, that nig should have been reacted but didn't which leads to the only real conclusion that he wanted out of the fight.
September 20, 2011 @ 07:55 PM
Scotty

Its simple as this its more the refs(Cortez) fault then Ortiz or Mayweather.. Its bad officiating all together and not surprised if he got paid off.. Boxing rules state if there is an illegal hit/blow, the ref is suppose to send both fighters into there neutral corners.. Ortiz wasnt even suppose to go over to mayweather the first time by ruling.. Cortez should have already split them apart and proceeded them to their corners.. Which then he is suppose to go over to mayweather corner to see if he is alright and ask a doctor to check his lip.. Then he is suppose to go over to Ortiz's corner and give him his 2 point and give him reasoning and everything else.. Which then Cortez is suppose to go to the middle of the ring and bring em to fight.. After that, if Ortiz choices to apologize with a hug and whatever else, he can do so.. Then Mayweather can proceed to do whatever he wants.. The whole fight was dirty all together but im not turning away from someone getting paid off!
September 20, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
legasee

the whole fight seemed staged
September 20, 2011 @ 08:55 PM
It's Only Hype

Was legal but cheap. Rewind the tape and you see both men are sent to the corner and the fight is restarted. However, ref forgot to call time in (meanwhile the two are hugging in the center where the gif starts), and looks to the time keeper to restart time. Then kapowww to the face x 2
September 20, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
jaded

Was legal but cheap. Rewind the tape and you see both men are sent to the corner and the fight is restarted. However, ref forgot to call time in (meanwhile the two are hugging in the center where the gif starts), and looks to the time keeper to restart time. Then kapowww to the face x 2

They were never sent to neutral corners. Joe Cortez handled the whole situation very poorly.

September 20, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
imtheman

If you know boxing, Ortiz was looking for a way out.

I must not know boxing, but I guess you know Ortiz.. did he tell you thats what his plan was?
Did he tell you that he was mentally & physically beat?? Headbutts happen all the damn time in boxing just like kicks to the shin in soccer, like jabs & pokes at the bottom of a pile in football, Ortiz just didnt hide it as well.
I think eventually Ortiz wouldve gone down, but up to that point, it didnt look like Ortiz was damaged too bad, just got beat to every punch. Still doesnt take away the fact that Mayweather took an easy win-way out with his huge paycheck.
September 20, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
jaded

Yeah seriously, it was the 4th round. He may have been losing, but he wasn't looking for a way out. He took a cheap shot in the heat of the moment and it cost him.

September 21, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
DC RA

I must not know boxing, but I guess you know Ortiz.. did he tell you thats what his plan was?
Did he tell you that he was mentally & physically beat?? Headbutts happen all the damn time in boxing just like kicks to the shin in soccer, like jabs & pokes at the bottom of a pile in football, Ortiz just didnt hide it as well.
I think eventually Ortiz wouldve gone down, but up to that point, it didnt look like Ortiz was damaged too bad, just got beat to every punch. Still doesnt take away the fact that Mayweather took an easy win-way out with his huge paycheck.

A boxers natural instinct is to cover up. Okay the first hit was a cheap shot but that dude did not even look in Mayweather's direction after that. He simply stood there and looked at the ref the whole time.

I don't know about you but if I get hit my initial reaction would be to cover up, not stand there and not even reaction. It was as if they fixed the fight.

Also, that was the second head butt that Ortiz tried to do. Only reason a person heatbutts a person that intentional is to draw a cut to stop the fight from an illegal headbutt in which Ortiz would not look that bad.

Maybe you should check this out.

http://www.jimrome.com/junglehighlights?uri=channels/465575/1489878
September 21, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
DC RA

Yeah seriously, it was the 4th round. He may have been losing, but he wasn't looking for a way out. He took a cheap shot in the heat of the moment and it cost him.

Nah dude. A nig that does a headbutt like that wants the fight to end. If a cut opens ups and causes them to call the fight, they go to the score cards and Ortiz gets out of the fight and saves face. If it wasn't a title bout, he would have been disqualified easily. That headbutt had intentions. Intentions to stop the fight by either disqualification or judges score card.
September 23, 2011 @ 06:12 PM
September 24, 2011 @ 12:33 AM
randysav

re watched it a couple of times. and it made me bealive Ortiz did want the fight to end soon. he was so frustrated and made himself looking like an amateur .Floyd was so dominant of the fight, very sharp and crisp on the pull counter.I bealive noone can beat him at this point.
September 24, 2011 @ 01:02 AM
kevo0o

protect yourself at all times
September 26, 2011 @ 01:53 AM

yall think a rematch gonna happen? i know flloyd said he dont want one
September 26, 2011 @ 03:00 AM
jaded

yall think a rematch gonna happen? i know flloyd said he dont want one

Floyd said at the press conference that Ortiz can get it if he wants it, but it won't happen. There's no interest. It was controversial, but it's not like Ortiz was ahead when it happened, it wasn't even split, he was being completely dominated by Mayweather.

After hearing Teddy Atlas' comments on the headbutt being intentional to get out of the fight, and watching it again, I believe that was probably the case, it just didn't end up being a bad enough headbutt to get him disqualified.

September 26, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
whackattack

Floyd said at the press conference that Ortiz can get it if he wants it, but it won't happen. There's no interest. It was controversial, but it's not like Ortiz was ahead when it happened, it wasn't even split, he was being completely dominated by Mayweather.

After hearing Teddy Atlas' comments on the headbutt being intentional to get out of the fight, and watching it again, I believe that was probably the case, it just didn't end up being a bad enough headbutt to get him disqualified.

It looked like Ortiz was getting A LOT of hits in at one point. That headbutt was stupid though. Why would you do that?

For Sale; Supreme: - Snap Front sweat hoodie medium (olive/army) - Loro Piana camp cap (grey) - Paisley camp cap (burgundy)

September 28, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
Young Handsome

78-23 punch difference after the fight was over, rewatched it yesterday Ortiz was butting a couple a times
September 28, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
Crispbyyosi

Just saw the next 24/7 of weigh-in to after the fight.
Floyd was just so good in this fight, & this is where the inexperience of big fights got to Ortiz.
Getting frustrated that he couldn't get to Floyd. Vicious was feeling pretty bad and nervous after the headbutt which is
probably why he kissed him and apologized so much.
IF there was any kind of fix, It had to do with the ref.
Other then that, basically all floyd doing work.
September 29, 2011 @ 04:06 AM
synikall

man it just seems like victor just didn't care after the fight. |0

Please login first to reply.