Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 18, 2011 @ 12:17 AM
shakintheD

Smh stupid fucking fight, it was definitely all set up.
Referee doesn't watch them fight then counts right away when Ortiz get knocked down?
Ortiz doesn't even complain and just smiles it off?
Mayweather kissing his opponent after getting headbutted? Lol
September 18, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
EC

$73 down the drain
September 18, 2011 @ 12:29 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

Every time mayweather wins you ♥♥♥♥♥s got an excuse lol
September 18, 2011 @ 12:36 AM
jaded

The only good thing about that fight is I won $24 because I drew round 4 when we picked rounds >sad

also the "If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass", that was great.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 18, 2011 @ 12:36 AM
Youth In Asia

Damn I hate this guy. No class at all.

That kick your ass line was awesome though.

If only his bitch ass wasn't ducking Pacquiao

FPM - MUCKFATH

September 18, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
jaded

Smh stupid fucking fight, it was definitely all set up.
Referee doesn't watch them fight then counts right away when Ortiz get knocked down?
Ortiz doesn't even complain and just smiles it off?
Mayweather kissing his opponent after getting headbutted? Lol

Ortiz kissed him. Ortiz's headbutt was clearly intentional, he spent way too much time apologizing for it, and he got knocked out. He's supposed to protect himself at all times. Was it cheap? yeah, it was cheap, but it was also legal. The ref looked down at the judges table and then started counting it off, so they must've confirmed that it was legal.

Mayweather was outboxing him anyway. I would've liked to see Ortiz win, but it didn't look like he would have.

I do think that his tirade toward Larry Merchant was unnecessary, but what are you going to do. He wonders why he doesn't get respect and then he puts on a show like that. It's a win for him, but he shouldn't really be proud of it. I think he'd welcome a rematch though since it'll be another $20m in his pocket.

September 18, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
randysav

Every time mayweather wins you ♥♥♥♥♥s got an excuse lol

seriously. skills win, people dont understand the sweet science of boxing. floyd is pure perfection. intentional headbutt from Ortiz clearly shown though.easy fight for floyd.

I thought the canelo fight was a robbery since its clear that GBP wanted to presserve his legacy. Gomez did his homework picking his shots, YES Canelo rocked him but that was an early stoppage.
September 18, 2011 @ 01:15 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

lol that was great. idgaf if it's a cheap shot. In fact, it was Ortiz who was fucking around at first.

Mayweather KO'd fairly imo. It's a motherfucking fight. U MUST BE READY AT ALL FUCKING TIME.

I feel bad for yall for paying the PPV tho lmao

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 18, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
Crispbyyosi

Floyd was winning the fight, started picking him apart, wish it didn't end like that. I definitely wanted to see more of the fight.
Cheap yeah, but #1 rule protect yourself at all times, Vic got careless.
Crossed my mind that it was fixed too.
September 18, 2011 @ 01:29 AM
jaded

I don't have any doubts after those first few rounds that Floyd would've won, it just sucks that it ended like that, because there's no way in hell he's ever going to live it down. It will just remain a controversial win and he won't ever truly get credit for winning the fight.

September 18, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
CaliforniaKid

Threw 300 bux on ortiz today... Odds were too good to pass

September 18, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

*casket*

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

September 18, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
wondah

what's up with cortez not holding both fighters hands when they were touching gloves ?!?!?!?
September 18, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
jaded

what's up with cortez not holding both fighters hands when they were touching gloves ?!?!?!?

he was communicating with the judges, I think he was as surprised as Ortiz when it happened. I highly doubt he expected any shots to get thrown.

September 18, 2011 @ 02:22 AM
Auguste

cortez "fair but firm..... except on a cheap shot"

nah, but in all seriousness, they both played dirty and mayweather's insults towards Larry were completely unnecessary.

I had taken the words out of his mouth and filled it with fart.

September 18, 2011 @ 02:36 AM
no1deasoriginal

if mayweather wins..can he fight pacquiao plox?

it only seems right. it just pac-man wont commit to his random drug testing requests. hopefully it happens though.
September 18, 2011 @ 02:40 AM
jaded

if mayweather wins..can he fight pacquiao plox?

Dan Rafael tweeted at the post-fight press conference "Floyd just spent 10 mins basically making excuses why he's not fighting Pacquiao. I'm gonna hurl." He also said that the Ortiz team is demanding a rematch that will never happen, "no reason or public demand at all."

September 18, 2011 @ 02:46 AM
Scotty

^^Where have u been, they already agreed and gave mayweather a deadline which he didn't answer.. Everything was agreed upon and no response from mayweather.. Which then Pacquaio had to find another fight for November since it's in his contract.. So Marquez was the next guy and then mayweather chose Victor Ortiz which led to tonight! Perfectly set up by the promotions..

Now on to tonight's fight.. Not even going to get into it.. It was dirty and Money Mayweather got paid but so didn't Ortiz! All I have to say about it.. Now we all get to see and the boxer world gets to see, the biggest fight in sports history come 2012! Manny Pacquaio vs. Floyd Mayweather!

* Already thinking about closing this thread cause we can tell where it's going to lead..
September 18, 2011 @ 03:22 AM
jaded

You're thinking about closing a boxing thread about Floyd Mayweather because post-fight people start discussing whether or not Pacquiao will be next? You better not read the sports section or watch any sports news on TV this week.

September 18, 2011 @ 03:42 AM
DC RA

LMAO, that nig got murked for the world to see. How embarrassing for Ortiz to first get picked apart, then throw an intentional head butt and then get his clock cleaned.
September 18, 2011 @ 03:52 AM
jaded

LMAO, that nig got murked for the world to see. How embarrassing for Ortiz to first get picked apart, then throw an intentional head butt and then get his clock cleaned.

Especially when on 24/7 and pre-fight with the ref they stated that Mayweather is a dirty fighter and likes to get his elbow in. Then Ortiz goes out and blatantly headbutts him.

September 18, 2011 @ 05:00 AM
okbro

i love how fucking dumb and ridiculous mayweathers fans are

almost as much of a bitch as mayweather is

but lol@thewin&lol@ortiz
September 18, 2011 @ 10:52 AM
theh00d

lol that was great. idgaf if it's a cheap shot. In fact, it was Ortiz who was fucking around at first.

Mayweather KO'd fairly imo. It's a motherfucking fight. U MUST BE READY AT ALL FUCKING TIME.

I feel bad for yall for paying the PPV tho lmao

Fuck that my friend paid for the ppv
and we spitted the account
but i called it after round 2 "2 more rounds"
and it happened fucking jinx =/

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

September 18, 2011 @ 02:00 PM
jaded

September 18, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
randysav

just re-watched the mayweather ortiz and just witnessed the greatest shit that ever happened to boxing in a while,floyd is still sharp and accurate.skills win, floyds THE best.ortiz played himself and deserved what he got. now with all this fixed ,unsportsmanship, illegal accusation bs, there is no out-cry.it's the new "fans" of the sport that they believe every boxer should behave like manny pacquiao. they're fixated on that pacquiao-clottey/mosley lovefest
September 19, 2011 @ 08:46 AM
Drebrooklyn

i'm still laughing at ortiz for kissing Floyd. how b*tch made is that. lolz Floyd was pissed
September 19, 2011 @ 01:33 PM
jaded

i'm still laughing at ortiz for kissing Floyd. how b*tch made is that. lolz Floyd was pissed

Floyd likes to act like he doesn't care what anyone thinks, but you can tell he's sick of getting shit on by the media and other fighters. In all the press leading up to this fight, Ortiz and his camp made comments about Floyd being a dirty fighter and using his elbow, then Ortiz comes in and blatantly headbutts him.

September 19, 2011 @ 02:56 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Ortiz opened himself for a retaliatory blow. This is how my eyes observe it:

Ortiz blatantly headbutts.

Mayweather is pissed. Mayweather keeps his cool cuz otherwise HE'LL get disqualified. But on the inside he's raging.

Ortiz apologizes 1000000x

Ref tells them to fight again.

Ortiz goes in for the hug.

Mayweather accepts but then realizes "♥♥♥♥♥ wtf you think this is sweet?!", rages, clocks him with a sucker punch for revenge. At this point, considering the hesitation from Mayweather, I don't think he intended to KO or stun Ortiz. But when he sees that Ortiz is stunned, heat of the moment kicked in and he put the right on that boy. Even then I think it was more about revenge. I dont' think Floyd thought that Ortiz wouldn't get up from it.

Dick move? Yes. But it was legal. Protect yourself at all times, especially on a clean break. The ref gave them the go ahead. That's why he didn't step in after he noticed the sucker punch. But I mean, at the same time, Ortiz deserved that. I just wished he woulda got back up instead of staying down.

Mayweather would've won anyway.
September 19, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
jaded

Personally, I don't think Cortez told them to fight, I think he is saying that to cover his ass. If you watch the replay, Cortez isn't even looking at them, he's looking down at the judges/timekeeper when it happened. You can see the shock on his face when the punches landed.

Mayweather would've gone on to win anyhow, so it doesn't really matter, I just believe Ortiz when he says that he wasn't told to fight by Cortez. His arms are at his side, and even after the first fight he leaves his arms at his side and looks to Cortez. I think he assumed that it was a sucker punch to get even, and that Cortez would maybe take a point from Mayweather as well, then put them each in their corner and resume the round.

September 19, 2011 @ 03:19 PM
Slim2010

How many times does he even fight a year?like one or two? Boxing needs to step its game up

Please login first to reply.