Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 30, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
Scotty

Its official, showdown set for September 19th in Las Vegas! This is a big fight for Mayweather, Ortiz is a big WW who is a hard hitting southpaw.. This is also a huge test for Ortiz to see where he sits among the best in the world.. The way i see it, only way for Ortiz to win is to finish this fight early or hurt Mayweather in the early rounds.. He cant just sit there and just box with Mayweather cause thats where mayweather shines after the 6th round.. If no damage is done to him, he beats u in those last 6 rounds.. Ortiz has to finish early or atleast hurt in em to take em off his game..

- Also Ortiz looks big in this pic, he's bigger than mayweather and taller!

* ALSO THIS IS NOT MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO DISCUSSION THREAD!
June 30, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
DonPedro

mayweather by late stoppage... marcos maidanas wack ass couldn't miss ortiz with straight rights... imagine what floyds gonna do... it should be an entertaining fight though.
June 30, 2011 @ 09:00 PM
It's Only Hype

mayweather decision. Ortiz got the power, but i dont think he got the speed to touch up Floyd
June 30, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
Youth In Asia

I just want to see Floyd lose.

FPM - MUCKFATH

July 2, 2011 @ 10:10 PM
dizzzzle

Floyd is an 8-1 favorite early on...
July 2, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Being the smaller man in boxing isn't that much of a big deal. Look at Pacman. Mayweather is too fast and accurate for Ortiz. Ortiz is gonna tire out from missing. Mayweather picks him apart from rounds 5-12.
July 3, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
Scotty

^ that's what I was saying too.. Mayweather is all about the last 6-7 rounds.. If u don't do any damage or KO him he will win.. He will back up and circle the ring the first 5 rounds and make chase him.. He waits for u to just swing away and get alittle tired then beats the last half of the fight with his speed cause he is still fully energized.. Reason Ortiz has to play it smart or really damage mayweather in the early rounds.. If not, he will be done and mayweather wins in a decision.. How much would I love to see Ortiz connect with some of those huge lefts in the early rounds..

Damn if mayweather is 8-1 favorite, I'm going to put 50 on Ortiz just to bet the odds! If he does get that small chance of winning, that's 400!! I'll take it...
July 3, 2011 @ 08:58 PM
dizzzzle

^ it'l probably be a little less than 400 because books don't make it work out exactly even. That's just an early prediction though. Personally I was thinking about unloading money into Mayweather, but at those odds i'll prob just bet props and stuff. Mayweather seriously doesn't have it in him to lose. Love him or hate him, he's truly something special.

"America is built off of two things....controversy....and money" --Money May cool
July 3, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
randysav

Floyd will pick Ortiz apart. sure Ortiz will come out with a bang first couple of rounds ill give him that, but Floyd adjust very quick and is the master in "boxing". Floyd>Ortiz
July 6, 2011 @ 10:18 PM
Crispbyyosi

Cant wait, so hyped.
Undercard looking pretty entertaining too.
As far as the match goes, Tough to say, I'm a fan of both, I'll decide later after sleep cool
July 6, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
Joweee

Money said that he wasn't going to box him, but punch him.
but we all know that's not true..
July 6, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
Strict9

Mayweather is too fast for Ortiz...Mayweather for the win

July 8, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
myBallz

mayweather is a bitch but i want him to win so that he is forced to face pacquiao
July 8, 2011 @ 07:06 PM
Scotty

^ Wiuldnt force him to do anything, that's why boxing is the way it is now.. U have to many promotions so boxers don't have to fight any outside their promotion.. But I feel Mayweather is testing himself against a big heavy handed south paw, to see how it goes before he makes that Pac decision..

Floyd will pick Ortiz apart. sure Ortiz will come out with a bang first couple of rounds ill give him that, but Floyd adjust very quick and is the master in "boxing". Floyd>Ortiz

Yeah that's why I say Ortiz has to KO him or hurt em in the early rounds to slow him down for the later ones.. He has the power and skill to do it but the question is can he do it? Also u can't let up on mayweather if u do slow him, u just got keep up with it.. If u slowdown just the slightest, he will adjust.. In looking forward to see how Ortiz does, I think he can win and want to see him do it.. Will be tough though..
July 8, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
randysav

y'all remembered when everyone chose Gatti to give Floyd hell back then?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzivHDP6m5w

>sad
July 10, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
DC RA

^That fight was embarrassing

Money is going to get paid and destroy Ortiz plain and simple.
July 20, 2011 @ 12:52 AM
DonPedro

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXwCwaODUA&feature=related
ortiz looks determined.... he's still gonna catch a beatdown though
July 21, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
oh baby

Mayweather vs Paquio is all want to talk about.
July 22, 2011 @ 01:19 AM
randysav

new training footage 7/21/11
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-TUTMVLhlA&feature=player_embedded#at=27

pull counter all day
July 23, 2011 @ 10:59 PM
Ducis

PBF has more to lose than Ortiz so if I was Ortiz I would go all out since no one thinks he can beat Floyd anyway. I just hope this is a tune up for what everyone really wants Pac vs Floyd.
July 24, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
randysav

I wouldn't consider Ortiz as being a tune-up fight.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:51 AM
Ducis

^^ What else could it be? Its not like Ortiz is a big name boxer that is going to fill the seats or sell PPV so why else would Mayweather fight Ortiz? He is fighting a strong punching southpaw to get ready for Pac.
July 24, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
randysav

Ortiz is NOT a no namer ,hes beaten Berto who was a potential matchup for Pac and hes actually the dude who stepped up to fight Floyd.and to answer your question theres no need for a tune up since Ortiz is already a title holder and young hungry contender,he is up the ranks for welterweight besides pac and(pussy Bradley).tune up is considered as for example a No namer dude named Ramos who JMM faced recently who is next to fight Pac for the 3rd time.. So yes ,Ortiz is quite recognized.Not discrediting Floyd but Ortiz has a chance to dethrone Floyd also,I wouldn't count out Ortiz since he's a top contender and great power(chin is suspect tho).

Edit:
didnt wanna bring up Pac on this thread(sorry scotty) and Hate talking about PAC/Floyd but to be honest..it will be the biggest hype job ever and wont be as exciting since Pac will come forward and Floyd will counter all day cat and mouse pretty much. if thats what you call a need for a tune up for Floyd going against pac it will be a hype job IMO.Remeber that Team Pac or bob arum agreed to a full testing Through W.A.D.A and not U.S.A.D.A but WADA fired back saying that they dont do a full testing and they still go thru USADA, been 2 weeks now and no answer from team Pac confused makes me wonder....so, Style makes fight. I'd rather see Ortiz against PAC for an all out war
July 25, 2011 @ 01:40 AM
Ducis

Outside of the boxing world Berto and Ortiz are no name fighters. Name ONE PPV that either one has headlined...? Can you tell me of a big name fighter that either one has fought? The biggest names that either one has fought are each other and there are still doubts about both being elite boxers. Mayweather nowadays only fights to get paid and fights fighters with big followings. Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya all big time fighters who are headliners or at least were at some point. The real test of whether Ortiz is a big name is what kind of split is he getting? 40, 30, 20? I bet its more like 90-10 for PBF.

As far having a belt that is a joke since there are so many belts out there. I would still consider Ortiz vs Mayweather a tune up since PBF has not fought in almost 18 months its not like he wants Ortiz' belt.

While I agree that styles make fights and considering how long everyone has been hyping Pac vs Floyd I could see it not coming close to fulfilling all of the hype I disagree that it wont be exciting. I like watching brawls but I enjoy watching "The Sweet Science" not just "The Sweet Pummeling" pummeling is what amateurs do or better yet get done to them. What excites me about the fight is what you consider boring which is what kind of D PBF will employ and how he counters Pacs speed and power during all twelve rounds.

Give me cat and mouse all day when a master of it is in the ring.
July 25, 2011 @ 01:52 AM
Scotty

I have to agree that mayweather definitely picked Ortiz for the reason to either get himself ready for a big hard hitting southpaw or wants to see to see how well he can do against one if these guys.. He's been out 18 months and isnt dumb enough to step in the ring with manny after that kinda layoff.. So he picks Ortiz who is an up n coming WW that has manny's style to either get him ready for manny or make this a decision to fight him or not depending on how well he stands up against Ortiz.. Which we all know most likely will do very well...
July 26, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
randysav

July 29, 2011 @ 04:38 PM
Max S v2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cnbYR-OWqc&NR=1
floyd says pac is next.hopefully he keeps his word
July 29, 2011 @ 05:15 PM
Scotty

Damn Ortiz is hyping this fight up.. He is making people want to go and watch(people who dont really pay attention to boxing).. He is making sure people are talking about Mayweather vs. Ortiz and not Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.. The faceoff is what got me amped up though.. Always gets me ready for a good boxing fight! haha
August 23, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
Scotty

Starts this sunday...
August 31, 2011 @ 07:12 AM
GrainBelt

Anywhere to bet online on this fight?

Please login first to reply.