Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 19, 2009 @ 08:04 PM
1neSTixNJ

Official Snowboarding Discussion Thread
So it snowed already in CT, although it didn't stick. Should be a good winter. Killington rail exhibition coming up in Nov., some great new vids coming out for this season, Who's as stoked as I am?! Show some love to HB'ers who ride, post up some pics/vids, info on contests, events, after parties in your neck of the woods! Let's make it a great season!

yea yea yea it's self-serving, but this is a little short from last season my buddy made of us across the street from campus hittin some picnic tables! (PS- I'm rocking the red pants/white jacket)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRp_mG7wZ98
October 20, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
internet

Can't wait this season is going to be EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
October 20, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
Scotty

Snowboarding season is always exciting, only thing is since i have moved from the east coast to the west coast, the past 3 years havent been much riding and dont have that much time as usually since i have to drive to big bear! I usually go to Colorado though, i have friends over there! Also if anyone wants capita boards let me know!

1neSTixNJ just some feedback, u and your friends need to loosen up! You ride really stiff, when u are doing your 180's on , u look really stiff almost to the point it looks like u are forcing yourself up there and winging the 180 around.. Just let your body flow, speed and give it some style! Other than that keep it up, always like to see people pushing it!
October 20, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
1neSTixNJ

Snowboarding season is always exciting, only thing is since i have moved from the east coast to the west coast, the past 3 years havent been much riding and dont have that much time as usually since i have to drive to big bear! I usually go to Colorado though, i have friends over there! Also if anyone wants capita boards let me know!

1neSTixNJ just some feedback, u and your friends need to loosen up! You ride really stiff, when u are doing your 180's on , u look really stiff almost to the point it looks like u are forcing yourself up there and winging the 180 around.. Just let your body flow, speed and give it some style! Other than that keep it up, always like to see people pushing it!

thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Yea i knew I was riding like that, but that's why I like looking at old footage, it helps me push a little harder every season! Didn't realize it was so 'stiff' tho, def gona loosen up. Anyway, I'm glad to see other HB members as stoked as I am, sick vids and pics ppl!

...O and one other thing- I FUCKING LOVE MOUNTAIN CREEK, South lol. There I said it (flame suit on) cool
October 20, 2009 @ 07:29 PM
1neSTixNJ

Hell fucking yes.

Getting my board waxed this weekend. We got some small kickers a snow machine setup on my friends land.

hahaha this is dope.
October 20, 2009 @ 07:59 PM
internet

thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Yea i knew I was riding like that, but that's why I like looking at old footage, it helps me push a little harder every season! Didn't realize it was so 'stiff' tho, def gona loosen up. Anyway, I'm glad to see other HB members as stoked as I am, sick vids and pics ppl!

...O and one other thing- I FUCKING LOVE MOUNTAIN CREEK, South lol. There I said it (flame suit on) cool

Yah dude you're vid was pretty cool. I would also recommend loosening up a bit. No hate though. Good stuff.
October 21, 2009 @ 11:51 AM
Scotty

Yeah no worries dude, i always just try to help out others especially if they dont see it! Couple ways to loosen and feel really comfortable: Ride a shorter board especially if u are jammin rails, picnic tables, etc... If u are riding a board past your chin, go down til its at your adams apple, will give your legs a wider space on the board which will give u more balance and will feel comfortable, i went from a 161 to a 158 a couple of years ago, havent gone back since unless i just want to ride on the back country and tree lines then i go back up! Also speed is a huge factor, people get scared when they start to go fast so they check their speed but speed is how u get spins and it can make you flow instead of being stiff and winging your body and board! Just a couple of ideas to think about, this is tip for everyone as well!

Yah dude you're vid was pretty cool. I would also recommend loosening up a bit. No hate though. Good stuff.

My fam has a timeshare at the base of Breck so I head out there a few times a year. Lemme know if you guys ever head out to Breck or Keystone and we'll shred a little.

Oh nice, my friends usually do all their riding at Breck, so when i go visit thats where i hit up! Its such a sick and nice mountain! My best friend is moving to Breck in a month to live for the winter/spring, so im going to be traveling there a few times this winter and spring!
October 21, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
1neSTixNJ

again-thanks guys for the input, I def don't take any of your comments as offensive-simply constructive. Yea I bought a new board (burton UnInc 154 like 2 seasons ago)-my next one's gona be a little smaller, prob a skatebanana or something like that. and I'll take everything into consideration this season, hopefully get some new footage I can post up!

internet- damn I've never been out to Co., just Utah-but riding out west just blows the whole east coast away. ur a lucky dude lol.

edit: found this old pic back from my HS days. skipped class for some spring handrail sesh lol.

October 21, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
NelsS

mountain creek ahah tri-state in here
October 22, 2009 @ 12:28 AM
internet

Damn dude that's a nice shot. As far as I'm concerned, any day you can snowboard in a t-shirt is a fucking great day. cool
October 22, 2009 @ 12:44 AM
internet

Oh nice, my friends usually do all their riding at Breck, so when i go visit thats where i hit up! Its such a sick and nice mountain! My best friend is moving to Breck in a month to live for the winter/spring, so im going to be traveling there a few times this winter and spring!

Right on man, let me know when your out there. Maybe we can hit up a few runs or something.

And 1neSTixNJ, it's a great place to shred in the winter but it's dull as hell in the summer. You got any recommendations for places on the east coast? Never been out that way in my life but I'd love to test out some new terrain.
October 22, 2009 @ 01:33 AM
Scotty

^ yeah man i'll post whenever i hit a spot up, where im going to be, most likely breck and rest of CO not til January, feb and march.. Also might be going to Whistler again but this time for the olympics in February for snowboarding event! Whistler is prolly one of or the best mountain i have been too.. Amazing place to ride, ill post pics of whistler from my trip in a day or two! Place is so sick!

* Best Eas Coast mountain OKEMO!!! Place is the shit for park! Nothing like CO, Tahoe, or Mammoth but place is 4th i would say in the states!
October 22, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
1neSTixNJ

Right on man, let me know when your out there. Maybe we can hit up a few runs or something.

And 1neSTixNJ, it's a great place to shred in the winter but it's dull as hell in the summer. You got any recommendations for places on the east coast? Never been out that way in my life but I'd love to test out some new terrain.

yea man all those places, Okemo, Killington, Stowe, Mount Snow- Basically you can't really go wrong in Vermont- but Okemo does really have an insane park. Tremblant in Canada is awesome as well. Mount Snow is my personal favorite in VT just cause some peeps I know went to school there so all I have is fond memories...that and being taken down by ski patrol b/c my shoulder dislocated n I couldn't pop it back in, heh.
October 22, 2009 @ 01:47 AM
1neSTixNJ

Damn dude that's a nice shot. As far as I'm concerned, any day you can snowboard in a t-shirt is a fucking great day. cool

yea this was the first 'street' handrail I ever hit- just me and my boy decided to nut up and get it done one day during school. It was def. a great day, sun out, broken binding, thought I broke my ass (is that even possible?!) haha. good stuff.
October 22, 2009 @ 12:29 PM
Scotty

yea man all those places, Okemo, Killington, Stowe, Mount Snow- Basically you can't really go wrong in Vermont- but Okemo does really have an insane park. Tremblant in Canada is awesome as well. Mount Snow is my personal favorite in VT just cause some peeps I know went to school there so all I have is fond memories...that and being taken down by ski patrol b/c my shoulder dislocated n I couldn't pop it back in, heh.

Yeah VT mountains are good but can get really crowded especially Mount Snow, place gets packed down at the base! I have good times there as well, but Okemo is where its at in VT! Tremblant looks so nice, my friends went there last winter for a trip and i had to miss out cause i couldnt get a plane ticket cheap enough and pay for the lodging and lift tickets! I was bummed..

* hand rails are scary at first, cause the only thing u think of is, if this goes wrong my nuts are gone and its going to hurt! But then u just say fuck it and go! I have been wearing a crash pad for a few years, best thing ever! If u dont have one, get one! Builds up your confidence as well, cause u fall on your tail bone it barely hurts! Also all the pros wear em, dont let them fool you.. I was riding with some dudes from Ride snowboards and oakley and they all were wearing em and told me to get on it, so i bought one! Also keeps your ass warm when sitting on the snow...
October 22, 2009 @ 03:20 PM
0ptic

I have been wearing a crash pad for a few years, best thing ever! If u dont have one, get one! Builds up your confidence as well, cause u fall on your tail bone it barely hurts! Also all the pros wear em, dont let them fool you.. I was riding with some dudes from Ride snowboards and oakley and they all were wearing em and told me to get on it, so i bought one! Also keeps your ass warm when sitting on the snow...

I think im gonna have to look into one of these. My ass has taken too much in the past couple years.
October 27, 2009 @ 09:59 AM
1neSTixNJ

Yeah VT mountains are good but can get really crowded especially Mount Snow, place gets packed down at the base! I have good times there as well, but Okemo is where its at in VT! Tremblant looks so nice, my friends went there last winter for a trip and i had to miss out cause i couldnt get a plane ticket cheap enough and pay for the lodging and lift tickets! I was bummed..

* hand rails are scary at first, cause the only thing u think of is, if this goes wrong my nuts are gone and its going to hurt! But then u just say fuck it and go! I have been wearing a crash pad for a few years, best thing ever! If u dont have one, get one! Builds up your confidence as well, cause u fall on your tail bone it barely hurts! Also all the pros wear em, dont let them fool you.. I was riding with some dudes from Ride snowboards and oakley and they all were wearing em and told me to get on it, so i bought one! Also keeps your ass warm when sitting on the snow...

haha crash pads, i remember seeing these come out a few years back, thinking to myself "I'll just wear my old roller hockey ass pads'...actually come to think of it, I think ima start doing that.

and yea the first handrail I hit I stood on the top of the run-in for like 15 min just psyching myself up, but what made me drop in was just the thought, "fuck it!" haha.
November 2, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
Josh.

I wish it was snowing here, but even if it was most places around Michigan don't open up till mid December

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

November 4, 2009 @ 10:38 PM
internet

I booked a flight yesterday to Denver for Dec. 16 and I'll be out there till the 24th in Breckenridge and Keystone. Additionally, Breckenridge fully legalized Marijuana today. Can't wait to get out there, shred all day, then smoke wherever I please.
November 5, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
Scotty

So i posted this in the thread the dude posted about buying his first snowboard but i will post in here too.. I have some stuff for sale that is just sitting here, here is the list(more might be added):

- Burton Cartel Bindings: Still in brand new condition
- Burton X Andy Warhol bindings: Brand new never used
- 06' Burton Shawn White pants(all black) Sz. L: these are brand new, never worn still have bandana attached.. Missing top button but has 2 so no biggy
- Rome Snowboard Jacket Sz. M fits like a L: Only used it for a like 2 months
- Also list of Capita boards possibly, just waiting to here back from a friend!!

* will sell for pretty cheap price!
November 8, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
internet

So i posted this in the thread the dude posted about buying his first snowboard but i will post in here too.. I have some stuff for sale that is just sitting here, here is the list(more might be added):

- Burton Cartel Bindings: Still in brand new condition
- Burton X Andy Warhol bindings: Brand new never used
- 06' Burton Shawn White pants(all black) Sz. L: these are brand new, never worn still have bandana attached.. Missing top button but has 2 so no biggy
- Rome Snowboard Jacket Sz. M fits like a L: Only used it for a like 2 months
- Also list of Capita boards possibly, just waiting to here back from a friend!!

* will sell for pretty cheap price!

^damn that's some nice gear. If I did get some new customs last year I'd for sure hit you up for those Warhol bindings.

Anybody have experience in snowboarding photography? I've heard wide angle lenses are the only way to go but I'm interested in some other opinions.
November 8, 2009 @ 07:14 PM
1neSTixNJ

^^from what I've seen wideangles are really the best way to go, unless your shooting some close ups with rails/boxes, smaller features. Otherwise it's difficult if not impossible to encompass everything-and as such you can't demonstrate the scale of what the subject is doing. I'm interested tho if anyone else has more suggestions!

So Breck FULLY legalized it?!? Hot damn your about to have a sick ass trip Internet. Post pics/vids if you take any while your there! Have a good time dude.
November 8, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
internet

^^from what I've seen wideangles are really the best way to go, unless your shooting some close ups with rails/boxes, smaller features. Otherwise it's difficult if not impossible to encompass everything-and as such you can't demonstrate the scale of what the subject is doing. I'm interested tho if anyone else has more suggestions!

So Breck FULLY legalized it?!? Hot damn your about to have a sick ass trip Internet. Post pics/vids if you take any while your there! Have a good time dude.

Hahaha thanks dude for the awesome suggestions!

Yeah I guess they fully legalized but you have to have a med card to purchase from a dispensary still. It's aight though, I have a friend there with one.
November 9, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
1neSTixNJ

Hahaha thanks dude for the awesome suggestions!

Yeah I guess they fully legalized but you have to have a med card to purchase from a dispensary still. It's aight though, I have a friend there with one.

I'm thinking that your good to go if ur friend has a card smile

def gota get to CO, I've been as far west as slc, Utah and that was friggin amazing! Whistler, B.C. Is next up..
November 9, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
Scotty

^ Whistler is amazing! I went there for a week and was one of the best places i ever rode! The village is so sick, as well! Also if u do smoke, BC produces the highest THC level in the world! hahaha learned that when i was there! I might be goin gback in Feb. for the Snowboard event in the Olympics... A definitely place to go for riding! Also the expert park(they have 3 parks) has speakers going down the whole park for music, pretty dope!
November 9, 2009 @ 04:03 PM
1neSTixNJ

damn ya'll lucky to have ridden Whister! I'm def making that my next trip right after a boat trip to Tahiti lol. I love when they got speakers that run through the park. Makes ridding that much more enjoyable. Def not even gona try to say I can ride in a pro level park though.
November 9, 2009 @ 05:09 PM
Scotty

^ the expert park they call it, u have to ride with a helmet, if u get caught they pull your ticket! The park is huge compared to most places! Also the cool part about whitsler is, u can go to the highest point by taking gondolas and then take the chairs up.. Then u go across and take this little lift to almost the peak.. Which then u can go from there and hike up alittle ways and get to the peak.. When u get to the top its amazing, but u look to the other side and its like a bowl, u can ride fresh powder, no trail, just u in the mountain! Shit was so sick! Im going to find the pics and post em!
November 9, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
internet

^ the expert park they call it, u have to ride with a helmet, if u get caught they pull your ticket! The park is huge compared to most places! Also the cool part about whitsler is, u can go to the highest point by taking gondolas and then take the chairs up.. Then u go across and take this little lift to almost the peak.. Which then u can go from there and hike up alittle ways and get to the peak.. When u get to the top its amazing, but u look to the other side and its like a bowl, u can ride fresh powder, no trail, just u in the mountain! Shit was so sick! Im going to find the pics and post em!

Hahahaha that's so sick. I'd like to go to Whistler some day. I'd definitely need to train alot before heading out there because my legs get some damn tired after riding for more than half a day. Hiking to the peak of a mountain is always soooooo sick but hard as hell when it's above the tree line.

I've got so many damn mountains to check off the list, lol.
November 9, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
Scotty

Nah that didnt open til 08.. I was there over 3 years ago! Hopefully February, i will get to ride on it! If u see it, it looks scary cause there is one point u are really far from the ground but i have heard and read that it has amazing views!

Here is some pics of whistler at the peak:

The very tip of the peak about 20 feet away

Straight powder all day!

And the always fun trying to get inverted HAHAHA! Pic is far away person didnt know how to use a cam!

Also here is a few more to check if u want, have to find more as well
www.flickr.com/photos/43062294@N05/sets/72157622773186902/
November 10, 2009 @ 09:55 AM
1neSTixNJ

iScotty- HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha damn man that looked amazing. My heart is pumping thinking of dropping through all that pow. The backside of Snowbird in Utah was a giant 3 sided, open bowl just like that. No inverts but rolling to the edge and hucking a 3 and then just bombing kept me happy lol. Now it's official, I WILL get to Whistler!!! (thanks for posting those pics man).

Please login first to reply.