Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 12, 2010 @ 11:35 AM
1neSTixNJ

^def a sick park, haven't been up there in a couple of seasons tho. My boy went up to VT last week-said it dumped the entire time he was there.
January 13, 2010 @ 12:18 AM
thongstealer

just got back from a 4 day trip to sunday river, me.. shit was straight.. kinda windy though.. killington is next.
January 29, 2010 @ 06:54 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Went to Mt baldy yesterday (thurs) morning for the first time ever and i gotta say, it was a bummer to hear that they were almost not gonna open due to wind. My buddy and i were getting really impatient waiting for confirmation to see if they were or werent but i mean what did we have to lose?...the lift tickets were only $10. they finally opened up and it wasnt a bad day at all. Snow was a little icy in the morning but loosened up by 1030

January 29, 2010 @ 09:33 PM
Scotty

^ Those trees look pretty fun! Also Ferris u like short base stance or are u just short?

* Also watching to see if Shawn White can make history tonight with a first 3 people ever in mens superpipe and maybe get the first perfect score! We'll see.. I'll update once its over!
January 29, 2010 @ 11:39 PM
itZj0k3R

I just started snowboarding and I'm freakin hoooked.

Just got my first snowboard, LTD Fury w/ Rossignol bindings. I would say pretty good for a beginner.

Anyone have recomendations on how to mount the bindings? I ride goofy, about 5'9" and I'm a noobie learning to carve and whatnot.
January 30, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
Ferris.Bueller

^ Those trees look pretty fun! Also Ferris u like short base stance or are u just short?

* Also watching to see if Shawn White can make history tonight with a first 3 people ever in mens superpipe and maybe get the first perfect score! We'll see.. I'll update once its over!

haha na im 6'1 du its just harder for me to ride with a wider stance since im pidgeon footed (toes pointed outward)so it gets really really uncomfortable for me. It doesnt seem like it but its pretty wide as is. It was my first time riding this setup too so i didnt everything on point yet.

Just got my first snowboard, LTD Fury w/ Rossignol bindings. I would say pretty good for a beginner.

Anyone have recomendations on how to mount the bindings? I ride goofy, about 5'9" and I'm a noobie learning to carve and whatnot.

Just play around with the bindings and do some living room boarding du, thats what i did when i first started out. Most ppl will tell you that best way to start out is to have the bindings out shoulder width apart with the front of +15
January 30, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
Scotty

haha na im 6'1 du its just harder for me to ride with a wider stance since im pidgeon footed (toes pointed outward)so it gets really really uncomfortable for me. It doesnt seem like it but its pretty wide as is. It was my first time riding this setup too so i didnt everything on point yet.

Damn 6'1" and u are riding that close.. U man u are duck footed, pigeon means inward, duck is outward.. I ride super duck with wide base stance.. Gives it more balance, its just by the pic it looks really close.. Do u ride short boards or longer? To the adams apple or chin/lip or longer? I ride 2 different styles.. My short board for park and most riding but longer board if im doing tree runs and just feel like riding the mountain..

Basically, what ferris said.. Its all comfort! To be honest, dont look for set ups from other people cause everyone has a different set up when it comes to bindings.. But try shoulder base width, this will feel most comfortable, also put your bindings pointing slight out not straight.. Then just mess around with adjustments to see what is really comfortable! It took me a few years to get the perfect stance i like, i was always changing it up, going from short base to wide, super duck to almost straight.. Then one day when was at the mountain each run i just adjusted it til it felt perfect... But once u find it, u will know, just dont be like oh this feels alright, try everything out, see how it feels then pick the best..

* Im looking for a mountain where u can hike and do some backcountry and maybe build a huge kicker so i can just hit that all day.. Im just in that type of riding mood right now.. I have been asking around and looking online but havent found anything.. If anyone knows a good spot let me know
January 30, 2010 @ 01:49 AM
Ferris.Bueller

haha yea duck footed. center-center binding width is around 2 1/2 feet...ish. Board wise, i tend to ride anything from a 153W to a 160 depending on how flexy/stiff the board is. The smallest board ive ridden was a 153W tho and i really liked it. The kink in the pic is a 155 with 15
January 30, 2010 @ 11:59 AM
Pinhead Larry

Looking to finally buy a board after renting for the last year and a half. Any tips?
January 30, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
Scotty

^ Capita or Rome! Also cant go wrong with burton... also lt me know size i might have something for u if u are interested in Capitas!

haha yea duck footed. center-center binding width is around 2 1/2 feet...ish. Board wise, i tend to ride anything from a 153W to a 160 depending on how flexy/stiff the board is. The smallest board ive ridden was a 153W tho and i really liked it. The kink in the pic is a 155 with 15
January 30, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
itZj0k3R

Looking to finally buy a board after renting for the last year and a half. Any tips?

damn a year and a half a renting? your pockets must be hella hurt lol coulda gotten a decent board on ebay for cheap and save a shit ton
January 31, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
|||||| |||||| ||||||

I just started this season, and what the fuck ya'll bump on the snow?

| devenmmccoy.tumblr.com | | devenmmccoy | IG |

February 1, 2010 @ 03:10 PM
ClydeFrazier

any northstar riders here?

Melo Gang All Day

February 18, 2010 @ 06:31 PM
Scotty

SHAUN WHITE GETS GOLD AGAIN LAST NIGHT!!!

Here is both of his runs, the first won it! Then the Second was just saying im the best ever!
www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=d924411a-bea6-4fd8-b485-f58dc5238dfe.html
February 22, 2010 @ 10:48 AM
minimalist.

Definitely an epic second run by Shaun White.

On another note...I'm looking for a board that's capable of doing the following things decently (not amazingly, or perfectly, just decently):

1) Jibbing
2) Buttering

From what I've been reading online, it may be hard to find one because you need a little stiffness for jibbing, but you need a nice flex for buttering... Is it not realistic for me to find a board that can do both decently?

What does everyone think about the Skate Banana, or the Artifact?
February 22, 2010 @ 12:35 PM
Scotty

Capita stairmaster extreme.. The board was basically made for jibbers, who are just freestyle/street riders! Also the Rome Artifact or garage rocker is also built for these type of ryders.. U can also use them in the park as well! Any of those 3..
February 22, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
minimalist.

Looks like the Artifact 1985 is in the lead for me...I normally ride a 153 for freeriding, do you size down when getting a park board?
February 22, 2010 @ 03:07 PM
ClydeFrazier

Looks like the Artifact 1985 is in the lead for me...I normally ride a 153 for freeriding, do you size down when getting a park board?

yup. i'm 6 ft and ride a 153

oh and i separated my shoulder on thursday. guess my season's pretty much over sad

Melo Gang All Day

February 22, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
Scotty

My free ride board goes to my lip and my park/street board goes to my collar bone/throat area..
February 22, 2010 @ 05:23 PM
minimalist.

sweet, thanks for the info
March 2, 2010 @ 04:08 AM

Inactive

gloves or mitts?
March 2, 2010 @ 12:33 PM
mikl einad

Minimalist, I was looking for the same type of board, but also wanted to throw some freeriding capabilities in there. I ended up going with a Capita Sierrascope paired with Rome 390 bindings. This setup meets my needs perfectly. The deck is so forgiving and allows you to really tweak everything out. Butters are brought to a new level on this thing as well. You almost can't help doing them when you're riding normally. It's the most fun I've hard riding in a long time.
March 2, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
DBCEE

gloves or mitts?

nade mittens all damn day!
March 3, 2010 @ 01:44 AM
bike

Torn ACL, MCL and damaged both Meniscii. Season is done sad
March 3, 2010 @ 01:50 AM
ClydeFrazier

Torn ACL, MCL and damaged both Meniscii. Season is done sad

i feel your pain brother, though not to that extent haha

where you typically ride at?

Melo Gang All Day

March 9, 2010 @ 03:05 PM

Inactive

nade mittens all damn day!

ha funny you should say that, i picked these up on ebay for
March 20, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
1neSTixNJ

rode one last day at blue two days ago, it was like 70 and sunny out! Rode in a tee all day, a rare treat. already thinking about next season!
March 22, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
Bippu

I just started snowboarding and can't wait for next season to test out my burton custom v rocker ltd. sierrasnowboard FTW!!!
March 25, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
ClydeFrazier

you're a noob and bought a custom v rocker? wtf

Melo Gang All Day

April 20, 2010 @ 11:41 AM
Bippu

yup, a noob. also bought a custom x8

Please login first to reply.