Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 20, 2010 @ 04:47 PM
karakter1

man...vick still has alot of haters
December 20, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
RocketsFan14

apparently people think MVP means being the best at being a QB. while Rivers may be a better QB than Vick, Vick is a better football player overall.
December 20, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
HigherLearning

apparently people think MVP means being the best at being a QB. while Rivers may be a better QB than Vick, Vick is a better football player overall.

This cool
December 20, 2010 @ 06:05 PM
lucky

This cool

BLOG http://creativediscourse.tumblr.com/ ART http://lukehaeger.tumblr.com/

December 20, 2010 @ 06:37 PM
mr.orange

Let's give the MVP to the best player on the season, the player that has contributed most to his team. Let's take Brady. He has a good team, that cannot be denied. He doesn't do it all himself, he still needs players to block, run, catch and score on offense and the team needs to defend well on the opposite side of the ball. He is a spread passer who relies on recieving corps to do their job on offense. He is one of the top passers in the league. He has less weapons but a better offensive line, without which he wouldn't be half the player he is.

We go to Vick. He has a horrendous offensive line. He is not one of the top passers in the league, but he's pretty good. He has way more weapons (McCoy, Jackson, Maclin). He doesn't rely on any facet of the team to be successful, I would maintain that if you swapped the quarterbacks over, Vick would be better off than Brady. The fact remains that Vick used to be a rushing QB, which made him one dimensional, but he has added a pocket game and is now more complete than Brady.

You cannot stop a man being MVP just because he has a good running game and recieving corps around him, else you can take away Mannings MVP last year and give it to CJ2K. Michael Vick has come back from being a second string to dominate and win games like no other quarterback in this league. He has led his team to the top of the NFC East, the toughest division in football (arguably, the AFC East may argue with that) and single handedly turned the Eagles into Superbowl contenders.
December 20, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
ozzycruzer7

I don't usually rebuttal to people who give insults such as "Eli sucks balls" but ill humor you. I guess I just like my mvp candidates to actually make the post-season, guess I'm just weird like that. Peyton has done a lot of damage to himself by making terrible reads and eyeing down his receivers. Until yesterday's game the Eagles running back had something like 3 games straight with atleast 100 yards rushing.

It's cute how you googled that Green-Ellis stat but with the pats line its pretty easy to punch it in two yards out. I was talking about rushing yards you fucking idiot.

Sorry I don't like people that whine about what team they're drafted to sad And I don't google shit, I actually watch sportscenter. TD's actually score points not yards. It's all good though, Tolbert is up there in TDs's too so I can understand both sides. I'm just saying Brady actually has an amazing O-line and pretty good supporting cast. Rivers basically has had to do it on his own. And I'm 99.9% sure Chargers are going to the playoffs for the 5th straight year. What they do from there is my question. Regardless I still think Vick should at least be given some thought to win it. He is the leagues most exciting player hands down cool
December 20, 2010 @ 07:42 PM
ley831

Let's give the MVP to the best player on the season, the player that has contributed most to his team. Let's take Brady. He has a good team, that cannot be denied. He doesn't do it all himself, he still needs players to block, run, catch and score on offense and the team needs to defend well on the opposite side of the ball. He is a spread passer who relies on recieving corps to do their job on offense. He is one of the top passers in the league. He has less weapons but a better offensive line, without which he wouldn't be half the player he is.

We go to Vick. He has a horrendous offensive line. He is not one of the top passers in the league, but he's pretty good. He has way more weapons (McCoy, Jackson, Maclin). He doesn't rely on any facet of the team to be successful, I would maintain that if you swapped the quarterbacks over, Vick would be better off than Brady. The fact remains that Vick used to be a rushing QB, which made him one dimensional, but he has added a pocket game and is now more complete than Brady.

You cannot stop a man being MVP just because he has a good running game and recieving corps around him, else you can take away Mannings MVP last year and give it to CJ2K. Michael Vick has come back from being a second string to dominate and win games like no other quarterback in this league. He has led his team to the top of the NFC East, the toughest division in football (arguably, the AFC East may argue with that) and single handedly turned the Eagles into Superbowl contenders.

tl;dr

but yeah, Vick is the truth.
December 20, 2010 @ 08:01 PM
ichigo81

qft, my thoughts, just more complete, give this n*gga a hand
December 20, 2010 @ 10:15 PM
Knives

Tom Brady's Team isn't exactly a super team, It's built around him, And Tom Brady Coaches that team basically. Vick is offensively the best player in the nfl right now, no doubt about it. But Vick has way more effective weapons(Celek,Maclin,Jackson and his own legs) than brady(Welker,Woodhead,Green-Elis, Deon branch just has chemistry with brady). And his defense makes up for alot of the offensive struggles when there are any({Which is basically never). Also you have to take into consideration that since Vick has been out of the league, Defenses have changed due to the fact that no Qb's were truly a dual threat(sorry vince young). So Brady makes that team a winner and Vick is just a offensive juggernaut that can't really be stopped because there's no real defense to stop him. Brady imo should get the MVP because he means much more to the pats than vick does to me.

https://twitter.com/Animall_Mother

December 20, 2010 @ 10:17 PM
gnar

lol wut?
December 20, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
ozzycruzer7

Brady imo should get the MVP because he means much more to the pats than vick does to me.

suprised
December 20, 2010 @ 10:20 PM
Knives

You can make an argument about the offensive schemes the pats have too, which is what people always complain about. But those packages that Brady and Co. run with take a Qb with a High ass IQ to understand those plays. Vick is a better athlete than brady but by no means is he better than brady. If Rivers had at least 3 more wins with the chargers though I swear he would be MVP.

December 20, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
gnar

Michael Vick has come back from being a second string to dominate and win games like no other quarterback in this league.

No other? lol, remember why Tom Brady got to start.

December 20, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
Knives

Lmao took it back.

December 20, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
gnar

And I want to see Vick make 3 wide outs, who are all 5'9", and make them become pro-bowl recievers.
December 20, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
Knives

And I want to see Vick make 3 wide outs, who are all 5'9", and make them become pro-bowl recievers.

Well it's 2 5'9 wideouts and a 5'8 Running back lol. But exactly

December 20, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
gnar

Well it's 2 5'9 wideouts and a 5'8 Running back lol. But exactly

Woodhead can't do shit as a back, he's like a Westbrook. C'mon, did we really think Westbrook was a good RB or a good WR option? I would say that option.
December 20, 2010 @ 10:37 PM
Knives

Woodhead can't do shit as a back, he's like a Westbrook. C'mon, did we really think Westbrook was a good RB or a good WR option? I would say that option.

That guy is like a missile lol. No one can see him in the backfield. But you're right, he's a great reciever and should become a slot receiver to prolong his career lol. Well when your on the patriots, everyone's a reciever.

December 20, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
gnar

Well when your on the patriots, everyone's a reciever.

lol.

But anyways, this thread proves how many people have tunnel vision when it comes to sports. They hype people up to be gods (but, I am on hypebeast after all) and don't see the actual aspect of it.

Fuck, I can even argument to say that Vick isn't even the best QB on that team. Kolb is a starter and should be winning games with a true west coast offense. He would be perfect on the 49ers.
December 20, 2010 @ 10:40 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

We're undefeated in division and if we end the season that way I will be very pleased... And as far as the MVP goes Rivers and Sanchez is a joke if you guys think they should get it. Vick is ranked third in QB rating in the league and that's NOT counting his rushing yards/tds.

Lol Rivers has been consistent being the number 1 or 2 QB in the league only after Peyton Manning. Vick is #3 after Rivers and Manning. So the Raiders are undftd in the division it doesn't mean shit if they wont make it to January. Like someone else said, it's hurting Vick that he hasn't played all year and yeah his stats aren't as good as Rivers. He is a GREAT QB, but he just wont get it this year. Sorry.
December 20, 2010 @ 10:46 PM
Knives

lol.

But anyways, this thread proves how many people have tunnel vision when it comes to sports. They hype people up to be gods (but, I am on hypebeast after all) and don't see the actual aspect of it.

Fuck, I can even argument to say that Vick isn't even the best QB on that team. Kolb is a starter and should be winning games with a true west coast offense. He would be perfect on the 49ers.

Kolb is the better conventional Qb, I think that he should be traded to a team, the Niners would be great, but it would be awesome to see him on the cardinals. I think the Niners should trade vince young to the 9ners though and take alex smith from the Titans, It would be a fresh start for 2 very good qb's that the people just wont give a chance to.

December 20, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
db_cooper

Kolb is the better conventional Qb, I think that he should be traded to a team, the Niners would be great, but it would be awesome to see him on the cardinals. I think the Niners should trade vince young to the 9ners though and take alex smith from the Titans, It would be a fresh start for 2 very good qb's that the people just wont give a chance to.

wut
December 20, 2010 @ 10:56 PM
Knives

wut

Meant to say to the titans. But Young is not wanted in Ten and Smith is not wanted in San Fran, so swap those ♥♥♥♥♥s

December 20, 2010 @ 11:10 PM
gnar

It's hard to justify making Alex Smith a starter... anywhere. He is horrible.
December 21, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
mr.orange

awh shiet, forgot abut that sad
December 21, 2010 @ 08:52 PM
RipCity

Smith starting???
December 22, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
DMics

Even though I'd want Vick to win the MVP it has to go to Tom Brady.
January 6, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
gnar

So, how about Vick now?

Safe to say it was just another case of Hypebeasts hypin'.

Case solved.

Please login first to reply.