Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 13, 2010 @ 01:52 PM
SuMing

I am trying to improve my own regular workout routines, what do you do to keep/get in shape?

Twitter: @SuMingHS, Website: www.hellosaskatoon.ca

December 13, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
bohnjai

lift weights. Run.
Squats, bench, everything in between.
December 13, 2010 @ 09:06 PM
SuMing

Do you take any supplements on the side?

December 14, 2010 @ 04:08 AM
tonysteak

lift weights. Run.
Squats, bench, everything in between.

this.

I just take multivitamin. other than that just eat...protein, veggies + fruits, carbs and a lot of water.

careful with what you're putting in your body with those supplements. whey protein and creatine should be fine, but aside from that you should think it through before taking it.

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

December 14, 2010 @ 04:47 AM
zyezye

10 minute warm up on treadmill
squats(alternate with front squats every other day), bench, and deadlifts every workout
and on top of that pullups or rows
then Isolations for mostly upper body, because the squats and deadlifts pretty much do it for the lower body.
cardio/HIIT and core on off days.
also I'm starting to do plyometrics on fridays

and since its winter, i just bulk, dont care really about nutrion around this time. as for supplements, Don't really need it, especially when you're bulking.

when spring/summer hits cutting and just maintenance lifts

and I don't use machines. fuck machines.

also HYDRATION IS IMPORTANT. NEVER GO INTO THE GYM THRISTY, WHEN YOU ARE THIRSTY THAT MEANS YOU'RE ALREADY DEHYDRATED AS FUCK. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER EVERY FUCKING DAY.

CAPITALS MAKES PEOPLE THINK I'M YELLING.
December 14, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
SuMing

I was trying to bulk up as well. But I stopped taking protein one week and lost it all, so now I am just trying to tone up and become stronger. But pecs seem to be the most difficult. What else can you do besides pec fly and bench presses?

December 14, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
unknown force.

tone up and become stronger, interesting.
December 14, 2010 @ 12:32 PM
zyezye

... what. toning THEN bulking? what.

when you cut, you generally lose strength. why do you think powerlifters look fat? they don't cut
but to cut and work on strength? thats just.. you gotta rework your work out plan.

for pecs, doing pec flies are just for aesthetics, it makes your pecs more rounded. and thats just it.

just doing bench press is enough, inclined and declined, and if your body can handle it overhead press. those are the main ones that increase its mass and strength.

and don't use machines. trust me on this, especially when working on your chest.

for now since its winter just focus mainly on lifts and just bulking, which doesn't mean eating protein bars once a week, it just means at a LOT and eat as MUCH as you can. Eat a Minimum 3 times a day, I'm Basically saying eat like a fat kid.

There's 2 types of bulking you can do.

Clean Bulk, which is just healthier eating/less fats
and Dirty Bulk, which is Eat ANYTHING.

whats the difference?
Clean bulking wont give you as much bad fats and cholesterol, and you wouldn't have to work as hard to cut, but If you're already a small/slim person, Dirty or Clean shouldnt matter to you since Bulk is Bulk. but this doesn't give you or anybody an excuse to abuse their body by just stuffing it with whatever. if you eat unhealthy, it will still take your toll on you. Bad cholesterol STILL affects the heart and body.

when spring hits, cut. cutting is easy, you focus more on cardio and less on isometrics and just do maintenance lifts. and around then you definitely have to think about your diet.

Please login first to reply.