Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 6, 2010 @ 04:40 PM
notyellow

the thing is my metabolism is the highest its ever been. i remember being in elementary and being so fat and shit, but now that i'm older my metabolism sped up for some shit reason.

Basically I'm in my first year of college and hit the three digit mark a month ago. now i weigh like 103.
It feels so shitty being the skinniest guy in class. I cycle every week, and jog uphill every other week. I've tried stopping this, but all its done was make me hungry less often and even if i did get myself to eat, i wouldn't gain any noticeable weight.
I've taken Mutant Mass everyday for a few weeks but that never gave me anything other than gas. It's not the healthiest way to go, so I'm kind of steering away from protein shakes.
Five meals a day, nothing less.

How the hell am i supposed to gain weight while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle?
December 6, 2010 @ 11:15 PM
zyezye

start lifting, gain muscle and bulk up, clean or dirty, if your aim is to gain, it shouldn't matter then. Eat constantly and start lifting. and WHY are you taking Protien when you don't even lift? What. The. Fuck.

Gaining is EASY. you don't have to be an unhealthy fat fuck to gain weight.

its good if you already have a fast metabolism while gaining muscle, it'll make it easier for you when you start cutting. but for now JUST BULK THE FUCK UP. LIFT AND EAT.

My cousin and gym buddy both have the same issue, they can't gain. but after hitting the gym for a month and a half working on power lifts and just eating like monsters they're slowly gaining steady muscle mass.
December 7, 2010 @ 01:44 PM

Inactive

Eat,Lift Weights,Sleep. FOCUS.

I gained a lot of weight without, protein shakes, or any other substance.

Just do the 4 above, and you'll be good. Make sure you kick the shit out of the other people in your class, when you're big enough man.

I don't know how tall you are, but 103-ish is very little, so you'll probably gain fast. Good luck.
December 7, 2010 @ 04:46 PM
notyellow

Eat,Lift Weights,Sleep. FOCUS.

I gained a lot of weight without, protein shakes, or any other substance.

Just do the 4 above, and you'll be good. Make sure you kick the shit out of the other people in your class, when you're big enough man.

I don't know how tall you are, but 103-ish is very little, so you'll probably gain fast. Good luck.

How many hours of sleep did you get a night?
Edit: I'm like 5'7.
December 7, 2010 @ 05:03 PM
lucca

take in more calories then you burn, the only way

http://luccaxverrelli.tumblr.com

December 7, 2010 @ 08:56 PM
trantings

stop jacking off to the female asian thread
December 8, 2010 @ 09:30 AM
iMJUSSPIKEZ

lmao ^

Na but on topic, just workout a lot. Lift weights like what everyone else said and if anything try taking some suppliments. My boy started taking them since his metabolism is fast too, and its been working for him along with exercise of course.
December 8, 2010 @ 03:42 PM

Inactive

How many hours of sleep did you get a night?
Edit: I'm like 5'7.

You dont need extraordinary with sleep. Just make sure you get your dosage.
December 14, 2010 @ 08:09 PM
nawazgafar

protein , protein , protein
December 14, 2010 @ 08:15 PM
VaughndeHeart

More weight, less reps. Set your alarm for the middle of the night, get up and eat something then go right back to bed, usually a bowl of chicken and rice. No chance to burn it off that way.
December 14, 2010 @ 11:52 PM
Onlythetribe

more calories in then you put out. Carbs + calories.
December 15, 2010 @ 09:12 PM
Captain_A

Calculate how many calories you need per day (you can do that at a website I can give you if you pm me. I don't have enough posts to link quite yet). Take whatever that number is and add 500 calories to it. Eat that per day. That should give you a solid pound a week. Eating tips: eat before bed. Drink a ton of milk.

Following lifts, drink a protein/post-workout shake at a ration of 2-1 carbs to protein. You need to develop a lifting routine. You can find different routines online.

If you still find you can't gain weight, go see a nutritionist or a doctor. You are ridiculously thin and very may well have hyperactive thyroid or something of the like.
December 15, 2010 @ 11:16 PM
ClydeFrazier

you cycle and jog without lifting and wonder why you're not gaining weight? smh

Melo Gang All Day

December 23, 2010 @ 11:41 PM
BksNinja

come to NYC, you'll gain weight

KARMALOOP - LNGWKND - 20% Off Non-New Items & Free Shipping. SPEND AT LEAST $75.

December 24, 2010 @ 09:52 AM
babyshoe

carbs. you can eat the protein in the world and all its going to do is make your farts more colorful
December 27, 2010 @ 02:01 AM
KTB Brand

come to NYC, you'll gain weight

serious shit! i left with 15 extra pounds from my last trip to NY

KushTastesBetter @TIMxKTB http://www.ktbbrand.com

December 27, 2010 @ 07:00 AM
Hova

ya thats the truth

went out to the jersey/new york city

in the summer

came back brolic af

than i started living that la lifestyle again

and now im not in my nyc prime

went from the situation to a jersey boy
January 2, 2011 @ 05:40 PM
richiieeboiii

eat steak. lots of it. dont run/cycle. if you go to the gym, just lift weights. you seem pretty small, calorie intake should be atleast 2k a day. have meals every 3-4hours. so you wont starve. and if you get hungry inbetween periods. just wait it out. or eat fruits. dont eat fatening food, youll gain a lot of fat. and you wont like it.
January 9, 2011 @ 02:24 AM
tree fiddy

try shakes bruh
January 10, 2011 @ 12:27 AM
Hova

for those who get full easily...

how do you force yourself to eat more?

you just keep eating

take it slow

or you could just start out taking big bites swallowing and keep going
January 13, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
Amongst Kings

pick up some protein called Serious Mass
February 13, 2011 @ 11:04 PM
TALIBAN

eat hella calories, carbs, shakes. stay healthy tho and make sure you exercise and bulk up
February 13, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
alberto.1989

eat eat and EAT bruh

make your own homemade weight gainer brah

1 cup oats
2 cups milk
1-2 scoops whey
1 banana
2-3 tbsp natty PB
couple ice cubes

blend and enjoy

easily 1000+ cals right there
February 14, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
poweredbykush

eat 6 times a day, portioned to your calories intake. gotta to have at least 8 hours of sleep if your lifting heavy and consume same amount of protein as your body weight.
February 15, 2011 @ 01:28 PM
TyLeR

eat 6 times a day, portioned to your calories intake. gotta to have at least 8 hours of sleep if your lifting heavy and consume same amount of protein as your body weight.

lmao
First of all, ask this question on the right website or else you get answers like this^.

TRY to eat just 3 times a day, if not than 4. DO NOT eat or drink anything in between otherwise your metabolism will stay active throughout the day, which is not what you want.

Sleeping is key once you start lifting, because this is when you actually build muscle, not in the gym.

Eat dark meat. Tacos, burgers, spaghetti, steak, etc.
Eggs !
If you are on a budget, drinking 1 gallon of milk per day is a good substitute for protein shakes and weight gainers.

PS. do not substitute shakes for meals. -___-
February 16, 2011 @ 10:21 PM
fatbro

lmao
First of all, ask this question on the right website or else you get answers like this^.

TRY to eat just 3 times a day, if not than 4. DO NOT eat or drink anything in between otherwise your metabolism will stay active throughout the day, which is not what you want.

Sleeping is key once you start lifting, because this is when you actually build muscle, not in the gym.

Eat dark meat. Tacos, burgers, spaghetti, steak, etc.
Eggs !
If you are on a budget, drinking 1 gallon of milk per day is a good substitute for protein shakes and weight gainers.

PS. do not substitute shakes for meals. -___-

the average person can typically eat more in 5-6 meals spaced out, compared to the typical 3 meals a day. there's other benefits that i won't go into, but there's a reason why EVERY SINGLE BULKING GUIDE EVER says to have multiple meals daily.

and why dark meat? chicken and pork are no different

at least you got one thing right with the sleeping.
February 19, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
big balla

Carbs is nunmber one. Always eat a lot. Remember to eat enough protein and work out.
February 22, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
Monkeykong

Hit the weights, more weight less rep. Eat more meals
February 22, 2011 @ 01:36 PM
jaded

Eat 4-6 meals per day and drink a gallon of whole milk each day, or as much milk as you can up to a gallon. Milk is extremely calorie dense, and has a lot of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. A gallon of milk alone will add ~2000 calories on top of your normal meals for the day. Assuming your regular diet is around 2200 calories, you'll be consuming right around 4,000 per day by doing this.

If you lift and eat this way, you will gain size and strength, not just a bunch of useless fat. Make sure your 4-6 regular meals aren't junk food either. Have protein with every meal. If you want a good idea of things to eat, look up the CrossFit Football Diet. It's basically a Paleo diet with dairy.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 22, 2011 @ 06:44 PM
KTB Brand

try becoming poor and eating mcdonalds for a year...did me well cool

KushTastesBetter @TIMxKTB http://www.ktbbrand.com

Please login first to reply.