Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 2, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
sjem

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMv8E8bpbT4&feature=player_embedded

lol, who does Gerrard want to win the league.
December 2, 2010 @ 03:50 PM
Silver Bullet

WC 2018=Russia
WC 2022=Qatar
WC 2026=Iran
WC 2030=Somalia

Just been confirmed.
December 2, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
sjem

^No North Korea?
December 2, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
nostalgia

Does the WC not want people to attend?
December 2, 2010 @ 06:30 PM
HabsFan

As ridiculous as Qatar hosting a world cup is. I think we should relax a bit and see how this goes. It's in 12 years and they've got a shit load of money. People were freaking out with South Africa saying that's it's too violent or dangerous and they've got absolutly no money but we all got to see a great world cup. So the fact that Qatar got money and no great history of violence (in my knowledge) and some pretty nice scenery, we should all relax a bit. The only thing that scares me is the size of the country. As for the drinking, I'm pretty sure they're gonna bend the rules a bit during the event.
December 2, 2010 @ 07:53 PM
December 2, 2010 @ 10:29 PM
Virungă

December 3, 2010 @ 07:52 AM
Silver Bullet

The idea of a World Cup in Russia sounds like a good idea and financially it probably makes sense(Being an huge emerging market)but it is effectively a Mafia state and Football in Russia is ravaged by extreme Hooliganism and Racism.Another classy call from FIFA.I expect China to bid soon and they will probably get it,FIFA likes the money,China wants to be the Number 1 Football nation(They are probably breeding genetically perfect players for 2030 right now),it makes sense.
December 3, 2010 @ 08:01 AM
DStyles

Cuba in 2026

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 3, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
sad panda

2022 - Qatar, that's sounds good cause they have petroleum = a lot of money for everything, for example for building stadiums.
2018 - Russia... Country of comunism, vodka and cigarettes. In Russia are milioners and poor people... I don't think so... but they have Winter Olympic Games in 2014. I don't know... Time will tell.

I miss old HB...

December 3, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
brasil

It's in Qatar for a reason, Money and the World Cup has never been hosted in a Middle Eastern country..so might as well start knocking them out now..and of course with the amount of money they have it's not a awful idea..at least there won't be issues with the stadiums being ready..

Russia is another good example..hasn't been held in Eastern Europe..

and as far as I'm concerned..2026 should be held in Australia.

And on to the subject concerning England and USA..I can understand England wanting it..a lot of history, the stadiums, and the transportation..also the fact it's has been almost 50 years since it was last hosted in England..

Now concerning the USA..they just had in fucking 94'..and I keep hearing the same arguments over and over again concerning the USA..first off..why is it FIFA's problem that "Soccer" isn't big in America? That doesn't mean it's necessary to host another World Cup there hoping that it increases soccer growth in America..Also, Russia might be the biggest country in the world but it chose it's cities in close clusters allowing for better transportation..not the case with the US..

I still think Russia was the best choice in this case, but I can understand why Spain/Portugal or England might have felt it was their turn again.

This pattern with choosing new locations is nothing new, they have been doing it for some time now..ie; 1990 to present.

But in the end 2014 will be the best ever, and this time around we aren't going to lose in the finals.
December 3, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
DStyles

Brazil is going to lose

inb4daUSAbrazilbandwagon

December 3, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
imtheman

BOTH Russia & Qatar are gold mines for Oil which equals big money... we all know that, so for FIFA to sit there and be like, "nooooo, we're not money driven... or bought off like cheap hookers...", its like telling me, "look, we're gonna screw you whether you like it or not... but its up to you whether you want the lube."

We go from one extreme to the other. Russia = horrible corruption and freezing temps, then we got Qatar where the huge gap between the rich & poor is like Jenna Jameson's vag + plus the extreme hot temp.
Both of these nations will have the cups so close together that its going to be INSANE to hold the millions of visitors anywhere near the host cities!!
At least here in the USA, we have the accomidations and attractions all over the nation that EVERYBODY in the world can come to love.
December 3, 2010 @ 04:43 PM
sjem

It's in Qatar for a reason, Money and the World Cup has never been hosted in a Middle Eastern country..so might as well start knocking them out now..and of course with the amount of money they have it's not a awful idea..at least there won't be issues with the stadiums being ready..

Russia is another good example..hasn't been held in Eastern Europe..

and as far as I'm concerned..2026 should be held in Australia.

And on to the subject concerning England and USA..I can understand England wanting it..a lot of history, the stadiums, and the transportation..also the fact it's has been almost 50 years since it was last hosted in England..

Now concerning the USA..they just had in fucking 94'..and I keep hearing the same arguments over and over again concerning the USA..first off..why is it FIFA's problem that "Soccer" isn't big in America? That doesn't mean it's necessary to host another World Cup there hoping that it increases soccer growth in America..Also, Russia might be the biggest country in the world but it chose it's cities in close clusters allowing for better transportation..not the case with the US..

I still think Russia was the best choice in this case, but I can understand why Spain/Portugal or England might have felt it was their turn again.

This pattern with choosing new locations is nothing new, they have been doing it for some time now..ie; 1990 to present.

But in the end 2014 will be the best ever, and this time around we aren't going to lose in the finals.

Don't quote me on this but I don't think they'll be allowed to bid for an earlier one than 2034. I'm just saying this because I read that England aren't allowed to bid for another one 'til 2030, but I'm not sure if it's the same for every country.
December 3, 2010 @ 06:28 PM
Ledger

Yeah I think your right Sjem, we can't bid for ages which effectively won't get us a WC for 50 years since China will take one for sure and so will a few more European countries.

I've got no doubt it was all fixed, heaps of media reporters in Zurich knew hours before that Qatar and Russia would win and those delegates were already celebrating. It just seems so fucked up that a country THAT small with such crazy temperatures would be able to host a WC when they've never been in one.
December 3, 2010 @ 06:31 PM
J THRILLLAH

Russia's stadiums....just add it on Roman Abramovich's bill.

December 3, 2010 @ 09:52 PM
HabsFan

The only thing that really bothers me about the Qatar selection is the lack of football history, tradition or league. When Canada were in talks for the possibility of bidding for a World Cup (like around 7-8 years ago), FIFA said the only thing holding them back is the lack of football tradition or leagues or homegrown talent and because of that we're far away. We're good for the developmental tournaments but not for the real thing because of that. In no way, am I saying that Canada should ever host a world cup, but unless Qatar has a football history or league that I'm unaware of, it's kinda hypocritical from Fifa.
December 4, 2010 @ 11:00 AM
brasil

The only thing that really bothers me about the Qatar selection is the lack of football history, tradition or league. When Canada were in talks for the possibility of bidding for a World Cup (like around 7-8 years ago), FIFA said the only thing holding them back is the lack of football tradition or leagues or homegrown talent and because of that we're far away. We're good for the developmental tournaments but not for the real thing because of that. In no way, am I saying that Canada should ever host a world cup, but unless Qatar has a football history or league that I'm unaware of, it's kinda hypocritical from Fifa.

Then the USA shouldn't have one either, even more so that they want to play World Cup games in "Football" stadiums.

I really don't mind that Qatar has one, it's different..I like different. I don't care how corrupt it may or may not be..the world is corrupt..has always been and always will be.
December 4, 2010 @ 11:38 AM
DStyles

USA has been playing football/soccer since the early 1920s. They participated in the 1st WC. The fact that ppl don't want USA to host a WC due to its league not being up to par with other leagues around the world is absurd. Even if the stadiums were made for american football they still have the capacity to hold a big crowd and the playing field should not have been a problem. The width and length of the stadiums get expanded during football/soccer matches.

edit: Qatar actually has a league while Canada lacks a proper league.

December 4, 2010 @ 12:11 PM
sjem

Yeah, and the fact that the stadiums aren't specifically designed for football doesn't even really matter. I mean look at the 2008 Champions League final, the biggest game of the year was held in a stadium primarily design for athletics/track and field.
December 4, 2010 @ 12:34 PM
HabsFan

Then the USA shouldn't have one either, even more so that they want to play World Cup games in "Football" stadiums.

I really don't mind that Qatar has one, it's different..I like different. I don't care how corrupt it may or may not be..the world is corrupt..has always been and always will be.

WTF? MLS isn't the best league in the world, but it's a proper, well-run league. You telling me that South Africa's league is something better? The stadium's are world class and don't change shit. The majority of Serie A stadiums have a running track around the pitch, that's terrible.
December 4, 2010 @ 12:38 PM
HabsFan

USA has been playing football/soccer since the early 1920s. They participated in the 1st WC. The fact that ppl don't want USA to host a WC due to its league not being up to par with other leagues around the world is absurd. Even if the stadiums were made for american football they still have the capacity to hold a big crowd and the playing field should not have been a problem. The width and length of the stadiums get expanded during football/soccer matches.

edit: Qatar actually has a league while Canada lacks a proper league.

Allright, cool. I didn't think they had much of a league. It's true Canada doesn't have a league, but if more canadian cities join the mls, things will get interesting. We're at 3 now, Ottawa, Edmonton and Winnepeg are most probably next on the list with stadium projects in the works now.

Please login first to reply.