Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 5, 2010 @ 02:47 PM
blunt_trauma

I just tore, my left anterior cruciate ligament my left medial meniscus,and my lateral meniscus playing in a men's league game 3 weeks ago... I am fucking blown, initially i thought it was just a meniscus tear considering that i'm able to jog pretty efficiently 3 weeks since the injury... obviously going to get surgery... just sucks cause this is my second knee surgery...
October 5, 2010 @ 04:20 PM
J THRILLLAH

So, who is Sir Alex going to replace you with?

I've torn my right meniscus as well, I don't think it was that bad, since it somehow "healed" itself. It still bothers me at times, I just need to go drain it. I didnt get surgery in the first place since I didn't have insurance.

October 5, 2010 @ 05:29 PM
unknown force.

damn i just tore my ACL 2 sundays ago. going to get an MRI in 3 hours actually to find out if it is 100% my ACL or anything else. the doctor first thought it was my meniscus and then the ortho thought it was my ACL. im just now being able to stand on it but i cant walk or else it just gives out when i put pressure on it. can barely get to 90 degrees when i try to bend it or else it feels like its gonna explode out of my skin
October 5, 2010 @ 06:15 PM
blunt_trauma

So, who is Sir Alex going to replace you with?

I've torn my right meniscus as well, I don't think it was that bad, since it somehow "healed" itself. It still bothers me at times, I just need to go drain it. I didnt get surgery in the first place since I didn't have insurance.

the meniscus could heal by itself, did u rehab it?
October 5, 2010 @ 06:21 PM
blunt_trauma

damn i just tore my ACL 2 sundays ago. going to get an MRI in 3 hours actually to find out if it is 100% my ACL or anything else. the doctor first thought it was my meniscus and then the ortho thought it was my ACL. im just now being able to stand on it but i cant walk or else it just gives out when i put pressure on it. can barely get to 90 degrees when i try to bend it or else it feels like its gonna explode out of my skin

damn son, post here let me know your progress and shit... thats exactly how my knee felt, its a lot better now, and i could actually run/jog, but my ability to explode into a sprint is non existent
October 11, 2010 @ 05:39 PM
unknown force.

saw a knee specalist today...

tore:
ACL completely
MCL torn partially
Torn meniscus
Lost some cartilege
Bone bruise from the lost cartilege

all in one spin move cool getting surgery on Friday then rehab 2 weeks later. Just glad to start moving towards recovery
October 12, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
Shaun

feel blessed to have never suffered serious injury.
October 13, 2010 @ 12:12 PM
blunt_trauma

damn unknown we're like blown out knee twins....not sure when i should get surgery.... i have work, and school to take care of, might have to postpone until early december...

shaun- it sucks dude, shit is really fucking with my head...
October 16, 2010 @ 03:02 AM
unknown force.

i just had surgery earlier today. had to withdraw from school since i've missed 2 weeks and im gonna not be able to walk for another 2 weeks. so puttin school on pause then gonna take the same classes next semester, sucks but i really didn't want to put off surgery and risk hurting myself more.

had the surgery like 10 hours ago and still can't fill my leg lol just starting to be able to move my toes but its all good. glad to be on the path to recovery
October 18, 2010 @ 10:47 AM
unknown force.

THIS SHIT HURTS LOL
i was doing good the first day and a half when i got home since the nerve block was still helping against my leg. but now that i can feel everything omgzzz, im guessing it hurts more because they used a graft from my petallar tendon but gdamn it feels like my knee cap is going to explode when i have to move. going to the bathroom is a pain in the ASS. gotta hold out till thursday when i go back to see the doctor. they gave me percosetts but i start itching like crazy if i take too many
October 18, 2010 @ 12:04 PM
blunt_trauma

the itchiness is from all the histamine thats released in ur body, fuck i was going to do the patella graft procedure to, alright i'm going to wait until december to get the surgery, i can't afford to miss any school...
October 18, 2010 @ 08:34 PM
unknown force.

yah im taking benadryl now when i take the 2 percosetts it kinda negates the itchiness. the petalla is just a trade off i guess, pain for the first couple of days but a better fake-ACL later on supposedly so I still think its worth it
October 22, 2010 @ 01:21 PM
unknown force.

went for the follw up visit yesterday. thought i was going to get my stitches taken out but the doctor told me they are the kind that get absorbed fml finally got to see the cuts and where they worke on and everything. he said they actually repair my meniscus but still doesn't want me putting weight on it for another 2 weeks when i see him again which sucks but hopefully ill be able to limp around without crutches by then. got physical therapy next wednesday or thursday not sure what im going to be doing there since the doctor just said the most he wants me to bend is 30 degrees...

November 4, 2010 @ 02:47 PM
blunt_trauma

yooo fucking a son your knee looks painful as hell, you haven't been able to put any pressure on it at all? let me know how physical therapy goes
December 15, 2010 @ 03:09 AM
blunt_trauma

Unknown how is rehab going? my surgery is scheduled for monday, and i am having shit load of anxiety, let me know how you're doing my dude, i need some peace of mind....
December 31, 2010 @ 11:41 AM
timothy1

didn't read prior posts, but only advice i can give is to thoroughly and actively participate in physical therapy. i suffered my first serious knee injury at age 13 and never finished physical therapy and my knee will never be the same. i can't run as fast as i used to, i can jump as high, and it hurts me all the time. same situation with both ankles, both had serious sprains and i never went to more than one physical therapy session for either. my left ankle clicks every time i rotate it and my right is permanently swollen. DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME, COMPLETE PHYSICAL THERAPY
January 6, 2011 @ 03:57 PM
blunt_trauma

not too bad, i was actually walking with the immobilizing brace the next day...
January 6, 2011 @ 04:01 PM
blunt_trauma

word, i'm going all out in rehab,

cpm machine

woke up from surgery thinking i was in heaven, it was the best sleep i had ever had in my life. Not too bad i was able to walk with an immobilizing brace the next day.
January 19, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
blunt_trauma

yoo unknown, hows your knee feeling?
2 weeks post op, all the wounds have healed up, walking with almost no limp, been lifting mad weights. (upper body only of course).
January 19, 2011 @ 10:56 AM
skivic35

sports injuries suck. from baseball, i broke all my fingers at one point or another, nose twice, tendinitus in my left knee, tore some lateral collateral ligaments in my left ankle, and tore my ulnar collateral ligament(yes i should have gotten tommy john surgery but didnt). from soccer before HS, i tore my quad. from football i tore my quad again, an abdominal muscle, and 2 concussions.
January 19, 2011 @ 10:59 AM
unknown force.

knee feels pretty good right now. i am going to get cleared to jog/run probably this week or next week. got a donjoy defiance brace for when i do return back to sports and activities. it hurts every once in a while and sometimes it will crack/pop real loud but other than that its pretty good.

my physical training is pretty much just lift weights and then shuffling side to side and climbing stairs as fast as possible
January 20, 2011 @ 02:56 PM
blunt_trauma

damn how much did the defiance brace run you?

Please login first to reply.