Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 26, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
Justiu

No thread on this I think so...Discuss.

I personally think Kobe is better because he made himself into what he is now.
MJ was way more athletically gifted than Kobe was.Jordan was bigger,faster,and stronger than Kobe.Jordan also had a 40+ inch wingspan compared to Kobe's 37inches. Kobe's game has made up for what he lacks physically and athletically. Kobe is easily the hardest working basketball player of ALL TIME. Everyone knew how good a player Jordan was and would be. Kobe his rookie season averaged 7ppg ten years later he averages 35ppg one season.

Put each of their Basketball skills into a neutral identitical body and Kobe would be better.

hb fell off / justinlifestyle.tumblr.com

June 26, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
Pinhead Larry

haha no.

the only thing Kobe has more, is the amount of games he had to play to get those titles.
June 26, 2010 @ 07:09 PM
Justiu

stats & numbers |0

hb fell off / justinlifestyle.tumblr.com

June 26, 2010 @ 07:17 PM
Pinhead Larry

they speak volumes. Jordan changed the game, Jordan is an icon, Jordan is loved no matter what he does.

Kobe is polarizing, there are just as many people who hate him as there are people who are seconds away from chocking on his dick.

If there was anyone who I would say is the best since Jordan left, it would be Kobe. No doubt he has been the best player in the league for the last decade.

But he still cannot be compared to Jordan. Jordan being Jordan is just enough to give him the infinite edge over Kobe.
June 26, 2010 @ 07:29 PM
tapemanpl

No thread on this I think so...Discuss.

I personally think Kobe is better because he made himself into what he is now.
MJ was way more athletically gifted than Kobe was.Jordan was bigger,faster,and stronger than Kobe.Jordan also had a 40+ inch wingspan compared to Kobe's 37inches. Kobe's game has made up for what he lacks physically and athletically. Kobe is easily the hardest working basketball player of ALL TIME. Everyone knew how good a player Jordan was and would be. Kobe his rookie season averaged 7ppg ten years later he averages 35ppg one season.

Put each of their Basketball skills into a neutral identitical body and Kobe would be better.

That's just a nonsensical argument. If you're comparing things you compare them as is, changing things would change the argument completely.
June 26, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
sargasm

I hate this argument. LET KOBE BE KOBE. MJ is the greatest of all time when you take into account his combination of achievements, accolades, statistics, longevity, and commitment, but that isn't personal at all to one specific player. Kobe is awesome, maybe the most SKILLED player of all time (meaning he has the most varied offensive arsenal), not to mention Kobe isn't close to being finished, but he wasn't as effective as Jordan in regard to game and career. Kobe is my favorite player ever, has been the best player of the past decade, and is certainly a top-10 player ever, but comparing him to Jordan is going to belittle Kobe's own accomplishments because he may come up short one way or another, whether it's winning DPOY, never losing in the Finals, MVPs, ect.
June 26, 2010 @ 07:51 PM
Juki

lol at this thread. I knew it was coming (even though Kobe sucked in the finals) anyways, the only reason to mention Kobe and Michael in the same sentence would be to discuss how much KOBE HAS COPIED HIS GAME and he still cant be MJ.

smh

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 26, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
sargasm

Get your hatin' ass out of here
June 26, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
Juki

lol, truth hurts doesn't it? Let KOBE BE KOBE? KOBE AINT EVEN KOBE. Who is KOBE really? He's like MJ lite. Which is a compliment but still who doesn't want to be great WITH their own identity? At least guards IVERSON, LEBRON, & WADE have crafted their own game. Remember KOBE gets compared to JORDAN. I haven't heard anyone get compared to KOBE. Jordan is the standard. Kobe may win titles but he still lost.

Sargasm, I just ethered your ass. What you gonna say now?

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 26, 2010 @ 08:49 PM
sargasm

First of all you didn’t “ether” shit, hop off your own dick.

Every shooting guard this generation idolized Jordan, obviously Kobe replicates some moves he studied from MJ, like the baseline fade-away. But you’re acting like this is a bad thing, Kobe actually studied him and other legends shamelessly and used all of that to make him a better player.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcW85KMwrw.

Kobe will be known for scoring in more ways and for making more impossible shots than than anyone before him was able to thanks to this, as well as for his work ethic that separated him from peers like Carter, Hardaway, McGrady, Francis, Iverson, ect. If Kobe keeps winning (not too farfetched) his identity will be the greatest Laker ever.

Funny you bring up Wade, MJ thinks he is enough of a mirror image of himself that he made him the face of the Jordan brand.

I didn't say Kobe was better than Jordan yet your insecure ass caught feelings anyway.
June 26, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
sargasm

First of all you didn’t “ether” shit, hop off your own dick.

Every shooting guard this generation idolized Jordan, obviously Kobe replicates some moves he studied from MJ, like the baseline fade-away. But you’re acting like this is a bad thing, Kobe actually studied him and other legends shamelessly and used all of that to make him a better player.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcW85KMwrw.

Kobe will be known for scoring in more ways and for making more impossible shots than than anyone before him was able to thanks to this, as well as for his work ethic that separated him from peers like Carter, Hardaway, McGrady, Francis, Iverson, ect. If Kobe keeps winning (not too farfetched) his identity will be the greatest Laker ever.

Funny you bring up Wade, MJ thinks he is enough of a mirror image of himself that he made him the face of the Jordan brand.

I didn't say Kobe was better than Jordan yet your insecure ass caught feelings anyway.
June 26, 2010 @ 09:34 PM
Juki

not really catching feelings, just everyone dismisses me as a hater when I make valid points. I like Kobe, I just dont think hes near Jordan. No one is. Thats the only thing that gets me mad cause I see Jordans game in Kobe. I have this conversation too much but it never gets old.

Remember Jordan was pretty much all the greats rolled into one and Kobe actually watched Jordan play growing up so thats all he needed. He started studying the greats that played before the Jordan era, and after getting in the NBA he started to study them out just of respect in my opinion. Thats what the video shows to me. But his game is based on Jordan. Like, no one says, Kobe plays like Magic, Elgin Baylor or Dr J. His whole style is like Jordan. Hes pretty much built exactly the same and plays in the same position under the same coach in the same offense, so it isn't hard.

The only thing ill give Kobe is that he has a great ability to create and make difficult jumpshots after picking up his dribble by his own will, pump fakes and/or footwork. Thats amazing to me. Jordan never needed to do this cause he got to the rim easier, and could finish better. Kobe can also shoot 3pts better than Jordan it seems, but that depends what stats say I guess.

I still kinda ethered you thoughcool

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 26, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
Guapamole

Serious Question: Who were the best teams/players that MJ played against to win the championships ?
June 26, 2010 @ 09:44 PM
Juki

Utah, the Pistons, Pacers, The Knicks, BLAZERS, SUNS and the LAKERS all great teams with one or more hall of famers. Jordan stopped alot of great players from getting rings.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 26, 2010 @ 10:14 PM
The Main Event

Kobe is my favorite player, but he just isn't better than Jordan overall. However, I do believe that Kobe is the best bad shot maker in NBA history. If I had to pick one player to take a shot with a high degree of difficulty it would be Kobe Bryant every time. With the game on the line and a decent amount of time to create a solid look, I'd probably go with Jordan. But if there is only enough time for a catch and shoot or 1 dribble followed by a shot, I'd pick Kobe without hesitation. ESPN had an article with a similar idea awhile back and Phil Jackson actually agreed that he would rather have Kobe than Jordan in a bad shot situation.
June 26, 2010 @ 10:37 PM

Inactive

Juki aint nothing but an ignorant bitch made troll. The ✖✖✖✖✖ speaks like he actually knows shit about basketball. You don't win Finals MVP playing a shitty series. Ya he had an off game in game 7, but he made clutch shots/free throws at the end and he single-handedly dictated the flow of every game. Also nobody remembers how Jordan went 9-26 with a chance to close out the series in the 1998 Finals or how Tim Duncan went a combined 10-32 in the last two games of the Pistons series. Every hall of famer has had their off night but what makes them great is that they still found a way to get their team the W at the end of the night.

The Kobe copying Jordan's style argument is asinine as well. What do you want him to do, shoot left handed hook shots in the post? Why is he supposed to find a new way to play the game when what he does works for him? You should read this to get your head out of your ass and quit trying to verify your biased criticism with blatant hate.
June 26, 2010 @ 11:44 PM
mixtape_03

exactly. i hate how just bc jordan came first. or other HoFs came first; to guys like ikuj and other "analysts" that automatically qualifies them as btr than kobe just bc they did it first or came into the league first. think about it; there's only so much you can do physically with your body in terms of moves with a basketball. at some point in life there will be no other moves to create or available to duplicate.

+1 on a line that one of the enemies on here stated:

"If there was anyone who I would say is the best since Jordan left, it would be Kobe. No doubt he has been the best player in the league for the last decade."

but yeah juki talks out of his ass and everyone knows that. anything to discredit kobe; anywhere. just won't give up and is nvr willing to admit
June 27, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
Juki

"Its tough for me to put that in any context in terms of how he (Jordan) and I goes because 90 PERCENT of what Ive learned and figured out comes from HIM." - Kobe Bryant

Yes straight from the horses mouth at 8min mark:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVlFr2IyOQ&feature=related
What you gonna say now?

/threadcool

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 27, 2010 @ 03:24 PM
mixtape_03

ohk being unbiased here:

it's completely fair to think that jordan is/was btr than kobe. but what isn't fair is to say that he isn't comparable to jordan when in fact he's the closest to mj this league has ever seen since mj left and anyone who believes otherwise just flat out hates kobe bryant for whatever reason. i mean in terms of accomplishments, arsenal, style, if anyone is to be compared to michael it's kobe.
June 27, 2010 @ 08:43 PM
chief

Kobe is easily the hardest working basketball player of ALL TIME. Everyone knew how good a player Jordan was and would be. Kobe his rookie season averaged 7ppg ten years later he averages 35ppg one season.

son, you realize jordan got cut from the basketball team in high school?

cut from the team in high school and now regarded as the greatest man to play the sport.

fuck with that.

•••

June 27, 2010 @ 08:50 PM
It's Only Hype

This is as retarded as comparing fighters like that Spike TV show, deadliest warrior
June 27, 2010 @ 08:51 PM
Striker

they speak volumes. Jordan changed the game, Jordan is an icon, Jordan is loved no matter what he does.

Kobe is polarizing, there are just as many people who hate him as there are people who are seconds away from chocking on his dick.

If there was anyone who I would say is the best since Jordan left, it would be Kobe. No doubt he has been the best player in the league for the last decade.

But he still cannot be compared to Jordan. Jordan being Jordan is just enough to give him the infinite edge over Kobe.

June 28, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
Pinhead Larry

This is as retarded as comparing fighters like that Spike TV show, deadliest warrior

deadliest warrior is my shit razzrazzrazzrazzcoolcoolcoolcoolcool>sad>sad>sad>sad
June 28, 2010 @ 01:27 AM
DC RA

"Its tough for me to put that in any context in terms of how he (Jordan) and I goes because 90 PERCENT of what Ive learned and figured out comes from HIM." - Kobe Bryant

What you gonna say now?

/threadcool

Jordan, like every player copies previous players moves. Lebron is now studying Kobe's moves and probably Jordan and every other past NBA player in the game.
June 28, 2010 @ 01:49 AM
brandonicedout

Kobe isnt better. But is close. And Kobe wont change the game because there is so much hate now a days. It wasnt like that in the 90s. People wont allow him to change it cuz they dont accept him. If they did then he could easily change the game.

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/172003

June 28, 2010 @ 07:48 AM
DStyles

What you gonna say now?

/threadcool

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132643

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125449

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

June 28, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
dhkgfkdj

July 3, 2010 @ 03:42 PM
Tonyreyes

lol @ whoever thinks Kobe is better than Jordan.
July 3, 2010 @ 04:41 PM
mixtape_03

lol @ you being a homer
July 4, 2010 @ 08:06 PM
anonymouserwin

personally, Kobe is at the range where you have the so close yet so far away discussion. sure, he's the best this decade has seen but when I remember Jordan, I don't remember him giving up on a play like Kobe does defensively at times. he worked the floor defensively and offensively and when the game ended you knew who was the best player on the floor period, something I can't say I see all the time in Kobe.

Please login first to reply.