May 9, 2010 @ 12:03 PM
V.Lopez

Now that all the leagues around are over or winding down the next best thing, besides the world cup, is quickly arriving. All transfer news and rumors to be discussed here. Lets see who besides Man City splash the cash in the summer.
May 9, 2010 @ 12:04 PM
V.Lopez

Kuranyi is leaving Schalke for Dynamo Moscow on a free.

wudve liked to see him in the Prem
May 10, 2010 @ 08:09 AM
Shaun

Man City close in on Jerome Boateng
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is closing in on the
May 10, 2010 @ 09:08 AM
V.Lopez

boateng is pretty good but hes not the star names i expected city to go for
May 10, 2010 @ 10:54 AM
nogi-drew

scouse clearing house!
May 10, 2010 @ 11:35 AM
imtheman

*** From the BBC, Daily Mail, etc ***

- Gallas rejected Arsenal's 2-year contract extension because he would have to take a paycut
(Come on Gallas... youre already the exception with your age getting a contract extension, making like
May 10, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
V.Lopez

fabregas is gone sooner or later i hate to say it.

oh and Chamahk to Arsenal is basically done and dusted
May 10, 2010 @ 02:30 PM
Alan_Watts

*** From the BBC, Daily Mail, etc ***

- Gallas rejected Arsenal's 2-year contract extension because he would have to take a paycut
(Come on Gallas... youre already the exception with your age getting a contract extension, making like
May 10, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
imtheman

lol only 40 mill? fabregas is arsenal's life line... if i were arsene i'd tell them to fuck off

Unfortunately yeah, Fab IS the midfield... and if fuckin Di Maria is valued at
May 10, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
sjem

If Arsenal sign SWP then it will probably mean that Walcott will play more up front which I think is where Arsene said he would play him at some point.
May 11, 2010 @ 08:37 AM
V.Lopez

Zola sacked and Steve McClaren is appointed new Wolfsburg manager, thats a big suprise. 1st ever englishman to coach a bundesliga side
May 11, 2010 @ 08:47 AM
V.Lopez

Buffon is being linked with Arsenal now
May 11, 2010 @ 10:02 AM
sjem

Buffon was linked with United and City for a bit earlier on in the year. I don't reckon Arsenal would want/afford to pay his wages.
May 11, 2010 @ 10:43 AM
Alan_Watts

all i want for united this off season is higuain and david silva...

i saw hernandez play for mexico yesterday, kid is alright
May 11, 2010 @ 10:51 AM
imtheman

Yeah I keep seeing the same thing bout Arsenal & Buffon, but he is already 32 which I guess could be considered the downside of his peak and now just playing on pure experience & instict.
Great keepers can play into their late 30's and keep up with the Premiership like Van Der Sar & Seaman, but theres that point where they just cant hang anymore and hopefully Buffon can give a good 6 years if he does infact sign with Arsenal.
I personally would like to see Arsenal try to lure Hugo Lloris, Rene Adler afterall, or Igor Akinfeev. All three are young, International keepers, not "huge" names so may not cost tooo much, and have plenty of good first team experience. 2 of the 3 have Champions League experience in some big matches and have many years ahead of them. But I guess Buffon is a good possible alternative and I'd guess that he'd be wanted on his experience and knowledge of the game.
May 11, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
Alan_Watts

Zola sacked and Steve McClaren is appointed new Wolfsburg manager, thats a big suprise. 1st ever englishman to coach a bundesliga side

mcclaren's career was in the motherfucking dumps after england, very glad he is doing this little european coaching tour, he is gonnah learn a lot... if he does well at wolfsburg, i believe he can be the next united coach...
May 11, 2010 @ 11:08 AM
Shaun

McClaren doing big things now. smile
May 11, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
sjem

mcclaren's career was in the motherfucking dumps after england, very glad he is doing this little european coaching tour, he is gonnah learn a lot... if he does well at wolfsburg, i believe he can be the next united coach...

That's not a bad shout considering he was assistant manager here a while back but I'm not sure that I can see it happening really. We need a stronger personality IMO *cough* Mourinho *cough*.
May 11, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
sjem

all i want for united this off season is higuain/Pato and James Milner...

i saw hernandez play for mexico yesterday, kid is alright

Fixed for me.

And Mexico have got quite a few more friendly's left haven't they so we should get to see quite a bit of him. Do any of you know if he's likely to be a starter in the wc?
May 11, 2010 @ 08:07 PM
nogi-drew

id welcome milner but i have a feeling we'd get raped by villa for him.

higuian id love but madrid would be fools to let him go. and pato never have been sold on him never will for his price tag. if anything id want benzema on the cheap and offload berba for anything around 15 million.

realistically i want midfielders like silva, hamsik, milner or ozul. top class midfielders who could help rooney because berba is shit in our system and any young expensive forward wed bring in would impede macheda who i think has it to be world class in a few years. not to mention welbeck and diouf which will get loans next term.

we need a player in the mold of a scholes who can give us 10-15 goals a season. matty james and cleverly more so have the potential but we need someone now. if one or both of these younglings can make it park, hargreaves, carrick can all make way as the eventfully retirement of giggs and scholes will make room too.

10/11 lineup
-------rooney------
---nani------valencia
fletcher-!signing!-park
evra--rio--vidic--rafael
-----van der sar-----

bench:
giggs
scholes
oshea
hargreaves
evans
macheda
koozy

signings id want: gourcuff, milner, benzema, akineev, adler, silva, higuain, hamsik
May 11, 2010 @ 09:41 PM
V.Lopez

i personally think neuer is better than adler, seb frey is also a better keeper for me than adler. i had seen talk about higuain joining liverpool this summer but who knows anyone in the prem wud love him. gokhan inler is also another quality quality midfielder who may b on the move in the summer. he has one sweet left foot.

also u r correct milner wont leave for under 25mil, thats just how inflated the english market is. Ozil i really like, and hamsik as well but dont see them joining united
May 11, 2010 @ 10:38 PM
nogi-drew

i personally think neuer is better than adler, seb frey is also a better keeper for me than adler. i had seen talk about higuain joining liverpool this summer but who knows anyone in the prem wud love him. gokhan inler is also another quality quality midfielder who may b on the move in the summer. he has one sweet left foot.

also u r correct milner wont leave for under 25mil, thats just how inflated the english market is. Ozil i really like, and hamsik as well but dont see them joining united

i dont know if anyone but chelski or citeh can afford ozil and hamsik. higuian is a bit out of he price range for you guys but real madrid sells off great players for stupid reasons.
May 11, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
V.Lopez

i dont know if anyone but chelski or citeh can afford ozil and hamsik. higuian is a bit out of he price range for you guys but real madrid sells off great players for stupid reasons.

i dont think ozil will b too expensive yet but i dont think a team needs both hamsik and ozil bc they r both play makers.

yea higuain is prolly out of the price range now but he was linked pretty heavily and i think if madrid sell we will find a way to get him if he wants to come
May 11, 2010 @ 11:58 PM
V.Lopez

jesus nava, capel and bolatti are also really good young talents who might b on the move. all sevilla players too. or at least bolatti was there on loan from fiorentina.
May 12, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
nogi-drew

i totally forgot about fabiano from sevilla he seem realistic and he wants to coem to united and hed be a good stop gap for macheda to develop and free him up for a loan move for 1st team action or a loan switch with fabiano coming here permanently and us giving cash plus macheda on loan.
May 12, 2010 @ 05:28 AM
alex.

sell ibra

bring cesc/silva and villa

coolcool
May 12, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
V.Lopez

schweini cud b on the move after the world cup
May 12, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
sjem

i totally forgot about fabiano from sevilla he seem realistic and he wants to coem to united and hed be a good stop gap for macheda to develop and free him up for a loan move for 1st team action or a loan switch with fabiano coming here permanently and us giving cash plus macheda on loan.

That would be perfect but I don't want Macheda to go to Spain and realise he likes it there like what happened with Pique. Because I think out of him, Wellbeck, Diouf and maybe Hernandez he is the one that could actually make it with us and SAF thinks very highly of him so so do I.
May 12, 2010 @ 11:05 AM
Shaun

Anyone for Milos Krasic - CSKA Moscow?
May 12, 2010 @ 11:08 AM
V.Lopez

Anyone for Milos Krasic - CSKA Moscow?

him and necid have alot of suitors apparently. keisuke honda is really good as well

Please login first to reply.