May 7, 2010 @ 02:07 AM
&y

I want to gain 20 lbs, I'm only 5'6 125lbs-ish. Any work out tips that would help? Should I take protein too? I don't have a gym membership, razz so I'm gonna have to work with these dumbells and some other nonsense.
May 7, 2010 @ 03:45 AM
It's Only Hype

lift heavy, eat heavy. it works
May 7, 2010 @ 05:22 AM
K [X] Z I

Go to McDonalds LOL!!! They can definately help u out.

Look up PJ (Paul James)he filmed a documentary last year and I believe it'll be out this year. He purposely gained weight and then lost it all. He got big from just eating junk food. It's gotta be the easiest and cheapest way to gain weight. While you are getting bigger, lift weights to burn the fat and build muscle.

Good luck.
May 7, 2010 @ 06:52 AM
fistyourbitch

Z I;2477674']Go to McDonalds LOL!!! They can definately help u out.

Look up PJ (Paul James)he filmed a documentary last year and I believe it'll be out this year. He purposely gained weight and then lost it all. He got big from just eating junk food. It's gotta be the easiest and cheapest way to gain weight. While you are getting bigger, lift weights to build muscle.

Good luck.

this is correct but fixed the last sentence
May 8, 2010 @ 12:23 AM
&y

yeah, i eat a lot of fast food like nothing with no form of exercise. i do not gain a single pound... some people even say i look skinnier
May 8, 2010 @ 08:43 AM
SK1

I would try to eat a lot more meat, not sure about the junk food thing for gaining mass. You can eat 3 full meals a day +2 small meals, and also add a protein shake thats about 300-400 calories for more protein and calories.
May 8, 2010 @ 08:01 PM
droalex

For protein shakes use milk instead of water.

Just make sure you have a set calorie goal. And you reach it everyday.
May 9, 2010 @ 03:19 AM
&y

i dont really count my calories, but i do eat a lot of junk food / fast food. more than a typical person should. but i will work on that protein shake. should i do any exercise?
May 10, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
GrainBelt

Eat above your caloric maintenance. Like the dude up top said, lift heavy, eat like a bear, and get some good sleep.
May 11, 2010 @ 12:43 AM
hypoh

You really need to eat a lot more and up your calorie intake, especially if you are going to start to workout as well.

Calculate your BMR. Estimate how many calories you eat each day. Estimate how many calories you burn from working out. Make sure at the end of the day, you are eating more calories than burning.
August 14, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
Nevadaface

Do some research about weightgainers. Combine them with a good diet and a little working out and you should gain it in no time.
August 14, 2010 @ 04:42 PM
MMethod

eat ALOT - 3 meals a day with a big breakfast! go to the gym every or everyother day and drink your 2 protein shakes a day!

i take my first shake in the morning as sort of a breakfast. i put my protein (vanilla) in the blender with a banana and milk, and then the second one after i work out

at the gym try to max out as much as you can

good luck!
August 14, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
Mo Helio

this is correct but fixed the last sentence

So basically just eating a shitload of junkfood/fat food and working out will getttuh job done?
August 15, 2010 @ 12:42 PM
IbRiNgDaBaCon

Eat more then your daily caloric intake should be, to gain muscle mass go heavy weight less reps.. and take protein/weight gainer.
March 16, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
Leonel07

If you want to gain weight for your fitness achievements you will want to follow some tips for achieving your goals in the healthiest manner.The first thing you should do is make sure that your diet is as healthy as possible. You will want to make sure that you are taking in all of the necessary vitamins, supplements and minerals along with good lean protein and carbohydrates. You should try to gain your weight with a healthy increase in calories and exercise.

The best diet you can have will consist of vegetables and fruits. You should also include good sources of grains and fiber along with nuts, beans and lean protein. Dairy should also be kept in your daily diet. The foods that you eat if you increase your daily intake of calories will not matter as far as gaining. But for your weight gain to be healthy you should choose the highest quality foods you can find.
March 16, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
VTJimmy

Only one thing you need to be aware of, your body has a calorie maintinence. Eating above it will cause you to gain weight, eating below it will cause you to lose weight. Just eat more, guaranteed if your eating around 4k a day you will gain weight no matter how fast your metabolism is.
March 16, 2011 @ 11:53 AM
alexanderjames

mcdonalds for breakfast, kfc for lunch, wendy's for dinner, and an apple before bed
March 16, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
Young Handsome

Eat double the meals you regularly eat, drink more milk eat nuts,fruits salads for snacks 2-3 times a day. I gained 30lbs so far in a couple months
March 16, 2011 @ 07:37 PM
StyleBeast

Exercise is important for healthy weight gain. Resistance training exercises, such as lifting weights, will help to increase your muscle size.Eat healthy fats include sources of omega-3 essential fatty acids, such as tuna, salmon, flax, and walnuts. Good source of protein include lean meats, fish, poultry, nuts, seeds and legumes. Healthy carbohydrate sources include fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It may be easier to eat five or six smaller balance meals per day rather than eating three large meals.
March 16, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
thatkiddjulian

Well eat healthy first, workout and then use a protein shake try GMC for that. smile
March 17, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
caleb91

i'm kind of having this same problem as well, i've increased my calorie intake to about 3k a day and still haven't really gained much, been doing this for two weeks, should i be patient and stick to 3k or increase it more? and im not getting to 3k by junk food, i'm actually eating pretty healthy. any advice?
March 19, 2011 @ 07:40 PM
Babar

If your talking about muscle gains then get on some decent whey protein, eat lots of oily fish, smash it out in the gym and maybe get on some natural endurance/test boosters like tribulus and 60% icariin.
March 19, 2011 @ 07:51 PM
Redline

Well eat healthy first, workout and then use a protein shake try GMC for that. smile

lol yea bro I hear those Sierras are packing tons of protein
March 21, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
DogProfessor

man, I have the same problem except im 6'3. Ive been eating a shit ton and started doing pushups everyday... so far i've gained 10 pounds or so but i'm still skinny as fuck
March 21, 2011 @ 09:47 PM

Inactive

man, I have the same problem except im 6'3. Ive been eating a shit ton and started doing pushups everyday... so far i've gained 10 pounds or so but i'm still skinny as fuck

What kind of frame do you have
March 21, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
fatbro

pushups won't do jack shit

but you seem to be eating right, at least until recently. have you stopped gaining weight? the more weight you gain, the more calories you'll need to gain even more weight
June 8, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
Aeron

I think for weight gaining you should eat more protein because protein is helpful in gaining weight.Try to drink protein shake and eat more vegetables.
June 8, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
Awww SNAP

i was skinny kid in high school. sometimes it's just near impossible to add weight with a high metabolism. try eating a lot consistently throughout the day and maybe a peanut butter sandwich before you go to sleep.
June 8, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
Kwyjibo

you can't turn fat into muscle. if you're going to eat only junk food, you're only doing harm to yourself. just eat 500 calories over maintence. and if you're poor and you dont have money for protein powders, drink 2 big ass glasses of chocolate milk everyday. 1 big ass glass of chocolate milk is about 10 grams of protein. then buy some tuna. they way I bulk up is I just fit those shits into my normal day. That way I can get about 100 grams of protein a day. And also eat eggs and oats for breakfast.

I've gone out the window

June 8, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
Kwyjibo

and don't believe that cunt that said pushups don't do shit. this guy does only bodyweight excersices.
bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Realomegablaze/

I've gone out the window

Please login first to reply.